PDA

View Full Version : LOL at Kobe and KG!!!!

peskypesky
06-22-2007, 03:27 PM
I for one am tickled to death by this whole affair. OK, I have a little more sympathy for KG than I do for Kobe, but it all just amuses me. To see these incredibly overpaid, spoiled babies crying and whining and demanding to be traded to "contenders". They want their cake and they want to eat it too, and they're finding out that that's not possible, even for the likes of them.

If they both really want to win a Championship, they need to cut their salary demands way down, and I promise you, they will be signed by contenders. But if they want to continue making the max, then sorry boys, you ain't gonna contend. I promise. :nope

PM5K
06-22-2007, 05:27 PM
Ummm, when did KG demand to be traded?

Bear Grylls
06-22-2007, 05:31 PM
To see these incredibly overpaid, spoiled babies crying and whining and demanding to be traded to "contenders".

Got a link where KG demanded to be traded to a contender?

dallaskd
06-22-2007, 05:32 PM
:donkey :donkey :donkey

MrChug
06-22-2007, 06:05 PM

Both of you, it's called "reading outside the lines". Jeez. In the CONTEXT of the quotes and communications both little bitches have made, they have only a certain short-list of teams that they want to go to...and what a f'kn coincidence...

THEY'RE ALL CONTENDERS. :bang

peskypesky
06-22-2007, 06:08 PM

I don't need a link to tell me 2+2 is four, and I also don't need a link to tell me you have your head squarely up your ass if you don't think KG wants to go to a contender. If not, then why not just stay where he is? Moron.
:ihit

peskypesky
06-22-2007, 06:12 PM
Both of you, it's called "reading outside the lines". Jeez. In the CONTEXT of the quotes and communications both little bitches have made, they have only a certain short-list of teams that they want to go to...and what a f'kn coincidence...

THEY'RE ALL CONTENDERS. :bang

Glad to see I'm not the only one with a clue around here. And your signature says it all. These douchebags cripple their teams by demanding such exorbitant salaries that it becomes extremely difficult for their GMs and owners to assemble a great team around them.

It should be obvious that if KG or Kobe took a $10-million paycut, that would really help their FOs abilities to get better help.

PM5K
06-22-2007, 06:27 PM
Yes he wants to go to a contender, but he never asked to be traded, but if he has to be traded he certainly doesn't want to wind up on another shitty team, and with the fact that his current contract will expire soon and he has a no-trade stipulation/kicker he has control over where he goes.

So what's the problem with that?

mardigan
06-22-2007, 06:32 PM
Glad to see I'm not the only one with a clue around here. And your signature says it all. These douchebags cripple their teams by demanding such exorbitant salaries that it becomes extremely difficult for their GMs and owners to assemble a great team around them.

It should be obvious that if KG or Kobe took a $10-million paycut, that would really help their FOs abilities to get better help.
KG doesnt even make that much more money than Timmy does, the difference is that the T-Wolves have players like Mark Blount, Ricky Davis, Marco Jaric, Troy Hudson, Trenton Hassell, and Juwan Howard who all make way more money than they should. Shit, Mark madsen is making almost 2 and half mill a year. Its got nothing to do with KGs salary, it has everything to do with the managment of the team.

Howard- Almost 7 mill next year
Davis (probably the only other semi-deserving guy on this list)-Almost 7 mill
Jaric-6 mill, and goes up a lot every year after next
Blount-Almost 7 mill
Hudson-6 mill
Hassell-Almost 4 and a half mill
Eddie Griffin-3 mill

Now you tell me whos fault that really is

PM5K
06-22-2007, 06:36 PM

You do know Timmy signed a max contract, by the end of it he'll be making $22,183,218...

He actually makes the about same ammount Kobe Bryant makes:

Timmy:$17,429,671
Kobe:17,718,750

PM5K
06-22-2007, 06:41 PM

The same could be said about Tim Duncan...

Bear Grylls
06-22-2007, 06:56 PM
I don't need a link to tell me 2+2 is four, and I also don't need a link to tell me you have your head squarely up your ass if you don't think KG wants to go to a contender. If not, then why not just stay where he is? Moron.
:ihit

KG NEVER asked to be traded, it is the Timberwolves who are looking to trade KG, not KG asking to get traded. Moron.

peskypesky
06-22-2007, 07:04 PM
KG NEVER asked to be traded, it is the Timberwolves who are looking to trade KG, not KG asking to get traded. Moron.

So KG is content to play out his last good years on a team that doesn't even make the playoffs? I find that hard to believe. But maybe you're right.

PM5K
06-22-2007, 07:20 PM
So KG is content to play out his last good years on a team that doesn't even make the playoffs? I find that hard to believe. But maybe you're right.

KG has always been very loyal to the Timberwolves and very patient, personally I would have bolted years ago, and if there's any player that should demand to be traded it's him, so that just makes you look all the more like a fucking moron.

Kobe is the only cry baby here, this guy ran off a first ballot Hall Of Famer and complains when just three years later his team isn't on top of the league....

Bear Grylls
06-22-2007, 07:36 PM

KG has said numerous times that he wants to play in Minnesota the rest of his career (even when they were losing). KG is one of the most loyal players in this league.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=mgNGTzwc6Vg

There is another video of Thompson and KG from this years ASG, if anyone can find that video please post it.

peskypesky
06-22-2007, 07:44 PM
Kobe is the only cry baby here, this guy ran off a first ballot Hall Of Famer and complains when just three years later his team isn't on top of the league....

Well, yeah, Kobe deserves his fate. He wanted to be the Man on the Lakers. He was jealous of Shaq winning all 3 MVP's, so he ran him off. So fuck Kobe.

Now, KG, well, what can you say? Has he been too loyal for his own good? Too patient? I guess he has.

But at this point in time, what the fuck is he thinking? His time is running out. If he wants to stay with the T-Wolves, and he wants to contend, he should offer to take a pay cut so his FO can get some really good free agents. Sure, it might cost him some dough, but so the fuck what? He'll never be poor. He'll never be anything but filthy rich, so how much would that affect him? Not at fucking all. There's no way you can tell me that life with $100 million in the bank is significantly less sweet then life with $120 million in the bank.

He has the clout that he could go to his FO and say, "I want you to get him, him and him (free agents), and I'll take the pay cut that's necessary. If you don't, then fuck you and trade me."

OldDirtMcGirt
06-22-2007, 07:48 PM
Well, yeah, Kobe deserves his fate. He wanted to be the Man on the Lakers. He was jealous of Shaq winning all 3 MVP's, so he ran him off. So fuck Kobe.

Now, KG, well, what can you say? Has he been too loyal for his own good? Too patient? I guess he has.

But at this point in time, what the fuck is he thinking? His time is running out. If he wants to stay with the T-Wolves, and he wants to contend, he should offer to take a pay cut so his FO can get some really good free agents. Sure, it might cost him some dough, but so the fuck what? He'll never be poor. He'll never be anything but filthy rich, so how much would that affect him? Not at fucking all. There's no way you can tell me that life with $100 million in the bank is significantly less sweet then life with $120 million in the bank.

He has the clout that he could go to his FO and say, "I want you to get him, him and him (free agents), and I'll take the pay cut that's necessary. If you don't, then fuck you and trade me."

What, so the T-Wolves can sign a bunch more shitty players for exorbitant contracts?

Bear Grylls
06-22-2007, 07:57 PM
Yes he wants to go to a contender, but he never asked to be traded, but if he has to be traded he certainly doesn't want to wind up on another shitty team, and with the fact that his current contract will expire soon and he has a no-trade stipulation/kicker he has control over where he goes.
So what's the problem with that?

Actually, I dont think KG has a no-trade clause written in his contract. The deal to Boston was all but done when Boston contacted KG's agent to see if KG would welcome that trade AND sign an extension with Boston, obviously KG did not like the idea of playing on a team worse than the one he was on so he said he would not sign an extension, that is when Boston backed out of the deal.

peskypesky
06-22-2007, 08:01 PM
What, so the T-Wolves can sign a bunch more shitty players for exorbitant contracts?

How about signing non-shitty players? On the unrestricted free agent list you'll find guys like Mike Bibby, Chauncey Billups, Jerry Stackhouse, Gerald Wallace, Vince Carter, Desmond Mason, Kurt Thomas, Rashard Lewis, etc...

Some pretty talented guys. I think a team with Chauncey, Mason and KG might be pretty damn good. Or Bibby, Wallace and KG. Or Chauncey, Carter and KG.

PM5K
06-22-2007, 08:43 PM
You could probably say that about any player in the league, hell if Tim Duncan took 10 Million less we could sign all-star calibur players as well.

The problem isn't Kevin Garnett, it's his teams front office, he shouldn't have to take a paycut so they can field a competitive team, Tim Duncan didn't, and a lot of other players haven't, if anything his teams owner should be willing to go over the cap to get guys.

Bear Grylls
06-22-2007, 08:52 PM
How about signing non-shitty players? On the unrestricted free agent list you'll find guys like Mike Bibby, Chauncey Billups, Jerry Stackhouse, Gerald Wallace, Vince Carter, Desmond Mason, Kurt Thomas, Rashard Lewis, etc...

Some pretty talented guys. I think a team with Chauncey, Mason and KG might be pretty damn good. Or Bibby, Wallace and KG. Or Chauncey, Carter and KG.

All of those players you listed are going to want more than the MLE, so Minnesota can not sign them. (well, maybe not KT, but he sucks anyways.)

KG can take a $10 million dollar paycut next year and they would still be over the salary cap not allowing them to sign any of those players you listed. The problem is not KG's contract, the problem is Minnesota's incompetent FO. From Illegal negotiations with Joe Smith which ended up in Minnesota losing their 1st round picks in 01, 02, and 04 to the signing scrub players like Mark Blount, Troy Hudson, and Marko Jaric to ridiculous contracts.

Switchman
06-22-2007, 09:12 PM
KG has always been very loyal to the Timberwolves and very patient, personally I would have bolted years ago, and if there's any player that should demand to be traded it's him, so that just makes you look all the more like a fucking moron.

exactly. It is ridiculous to group these two together.

KG DESERVES to be on a team with a chance after he has been so loyal all these years.