PDA

View Full Version : KG to Suns: It's Amare or nothing

BillsCarnage
06-22-2007, 03:58 PM
According to a local radio station and the people they talk to, any trade that involves KG coming to the Suns starts w/ Amare and only Amare as the base.

So, while many of use suspected Amare would have to be the base, it's highly, highly unlikely that the Suns will trade Amare for KG.

With this news this likely all but kills this trade.

Cleveland Steamer
06-22-2007, 03:59 PM
Oh well, KG goes back to being a loser, and the Suns go back to being WCF fodder for the good teams

Obstructed_View
06-22-2007, 04:01 PM
Oh well, KG goes back to being a loser, and the Suns go back to being WCF fodder for the good team
Fixed.

BillsCarnage
06-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Another thing they mentioned was the trade kicker... It's $6mil and even though they could split it w/ Minney, it would still count against the Suns cap.

So the Suns would be looking at $28mil plus to bring one player in.

Ain't gonna happen.

Extra Stout
06-22-2007, 04:09 PM
Crisis averted.

ArgSpursFan
06-22-2007, 04:13 PM
See??told you all.Kerr aint that Stupid.
Hey,he played for the spurs,and that means alot.

kps0001
06-22-2007, 04:17 PM
Oh well, KG goes back to being a loser, and the Suns go back to being WCF fodder for the good teams

Yeah cuz Phoenix is a really bad team. :rolleyes

Your posts are just straight up ridiculous man.

I think there are still some possibilities that it goes down, without Amare. Maybe I am being too much of an optimist. However, even if we don't do anything but get some new bench players, and actually utilize our bench, and Sarver is willing to take the hit on the luxury tax I still like our chances next year.

Cleveland Steamer
06-22-2007, 04:21 PM
Yeah cuz Phoenix is a really bad team. :rolleyes

Your posts are just straight up ridiculous man.

I think there are still some possibilities that it goes down, without Amare. Maybe I am being too much of an optimist. However, even if we don't do anything but get some new bench players, and actually utilize our bench, and Sarver is willing to take the hit on the luxury tax I still like our chances next year.
Good teams get to the Finals

ArgSpursFan
06-22-2007, 04:24 PM

Not too good teams also.Believe it. :fro

kps0001
06-22-2007, 04:35 PM

You are claiming Cleveland to be a better team than Phoenix?
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Cavs would have possibly been a 7th seed if they played in the West and I believe that the only team they could have possibly beaten in a western series would have been the Lakers and even that is arguable.

I am done responding to your idiocy and ignorance.

Leetonidas
06-22-2007, 04:37 PM
If KG was 3 years younger than this would be a no-brainer. However, while he would probably make the Suns better next year, he is aging, and Amare is still very young. It's a tough call...but, since Nash is getting older I think the Suns should strike when the iron is hot and make the trade.

Cleveland Steamer
06-22-2007, 04:40 PM
You are claiming Cleveland to be a better team than Phoenix?
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
Cavs would have possibly been a 7th seed if they played in the West and I believe that the only team they could have possibly beaten in a western series would have been the Lakers and even that is arguable.

I am done responding to your idiocy and ignorance.
Whoever asked you to start fuck face?
Good teams with all-stars, MVP's, and 6th men of the year should be able to get to the finals.
And I never said the Cavs were better

spursreport
06-22-2007, 04:51 PM
In 2005/2007 the Suns fell to the Spurs. They would of gone in 2006 if Amare hadnt of been hurt. The Mavs cant beat a healthy suns team 4 times in a 7 game series. It took them 6 games to beat an injured Suns team last season.

da_suns_fan__
06-22-2007, 04:52 PM
This thread is incorrect..the radio host is just speculating...stating his own opinion.

He said the numbers don't add up thats why he doesnt think Marion for KG could work...i don't know what numbers he's looking at.

Cleveland Steamer
06-22-2007, 05:02 PM
In 2005/2007 the Suns fell to the Spurs. They would of gone in 2006 if Amare hadnt of been hurt. The Mavs cant beat a healthy suns team 4 times in a 7 game series. It took them 6 games to beat an injured Suns team last season.
Damn, you sure got a mouth full of Suns cock dont you?

spursreport
06-22-2007, 05:04 PM
Damn, you sure got a mouth full of Suns cock dont you?

With that comment, it means that you indirectly you agree with me. :)

itzsoweezee
06-22-2007, 05:04 PM
This thread is incorrect..the radio host is just speculating...stating his own opinion.

He said the numbers don't add up thats why he doesnt think Marion for KG could work...i don't know what numbers he's looking at.

marion for kg doesn't work because marion gives the timberwolves nothing. i understand that mchale is probably the worst gm in the league, but even he isn't that dumb.

ArgSpursFan
06-22-2007, 05:07 PM
marion for kg doesn't work because marion gives the timberwolves nothing. i understand that mchale is probably the worst gm in the league, but even he isn't that dumb.

McHale wont get shit for KG,all teams may as well wait and sing him as a free agent.

The Go For 4
06-22-2007, 05:09 PM
Suns have how many titles again?

itzsoweezee
06-22-2007, 05:10 PM
McHale wont get shit for KG,all teams may as well wait and sing him as a free agent.

if i'm minnesota, i'd rather get nothing than take marion and his bloated contract and a worse product on the court.

Leetonidas
06-22-2007, 05:14 PM
If KG stays, he will opt out, and then he can come to SA. Oh man, that would be fucking sick.

kps0001
06-22-2007, 05:15 PM
Good teams with all-stars, MVP's, and 6th men of the year should be able to get to the finals.

OK I lied. I'll respond because I am bored as hell at work right now.

You stated good teams get to the finals and the Suns were fodder for the good teams in the West. From that I take it as since the Cavs made it to the Finals you deem them a better team than the Suns and since we didn't make the finals we aren't a good team. You claimed we were fodder for the "good" teams in the West. Obviously you are claiming the Suns aren't as good as any of the other good teams in the west and the west is full of a ton of good teams unlike the weak East.

I started because you are making mad claims about "my" team and I feel the need to at least try to educate the ignorant, which you obviousl fall into that category. Why don't you do some thinking or research or better yet actually watch NBA basketball before you make such idiotic posts.

It is certainly agreeable that with the Suns talent they had the opportunity to get to the Finals. Unfortunately, for Suns fans, we ran into another great Spurs team as we seem to do alot and they own us. If we were in the East I have no doubts we would have been in the finals unlike your Cavs if they were in the West.

But hey since your Cavs got completely embarrassed in their series and this is a Spurs board I see why you just hop on the "hate the suns bandwagon" and look for support from the Spurs posters. Good job man. You get my award for moron of the year.

Cleveland Steamer
06-22-2007, 05:19 PM
OK I lied. I'll respond because I am bored as hell at work right now.

You stated good teams get to the finals and the Suns were fodder for the good teams in the West. From that I take it as since the Cavs made it to the Finals you deem them a better team than the Suns and since we didn't make the finals we aren't a good team. You claimed we were fodder for the "good" teams in the West. Obviously you are claiming the Suns aren't as good as any of the other good teams in the west and the west is full of a ton of good teams unlike the weak East.

I started because you are making mad claims about "my" team and I feel the need to at least try to educate the ignorant, which you obviousl fall into that category. Why don't you do some thinking or research or better yet actually watch NBA basketball before you make such idiotic posts.

It is certainly agreeable that with the Suns talent they had the opportunity to get to the Finals. Unfortunately, for Suns fans, we ran into another great Spurs team as we seem to do alot and they own us. If we were in the East I have no doubts we would have been in the finals unlike your Cavs if they were in the West.

But hey since your Cavs got completely embarrassed in their series and this is a Spurs board I see why you just hop on the "hate the suns bandwagon" and look for support from the Spurs posters. Good job man. You get my award for moron of the year.
When should I be recieving my award? Are you going to fed-ex it?
West>East, I have no dillusions towards that, and I realize that my team got beat both times they played the Suns this year, and that a lot of the West teams could probably beat the Cavs. But your insistence that the Suns are a great team is wrong. If they win a title, you will be right, but, from what Ive seen, they wont be getting to the Finals any time soon and untill they do they are just fodder. East may be weak, but at least I got to watch my team a hell of a lot longer than you did

kps0001
06-22-2007, 05:33 PM
When should I be recieving my award? Are you going to fed-ex it?
West>East, I have no dillusions towards that, and I realize that my team got beat both times they played the Suns this year, and that a lot of the West teams could probably beat the Cavs. But your insistence that the Suns are a great team is wrong. If they win a title, you will be right, but, from what Ive seen, they wont be getting to the Finals any time soon and untill they do they are just fodder. East may be weak, but at least I got to watch my team a hell of a lot longer than you did

I don't know if a bag full of dogshit is allowed to be sent via FEDEX.

I would rather have not watched my team at all than watch them get their ass handed to em like the Spurs did to the Cavs. At least we made it a series and while a lot of Spurs posters on here thought they would sweep the Suns their opinions quickly changed and the series really could have gone either way, imo, even with all the suspensions drama. For one to think otherwise is really naive.

There are a ton of great teams throughout history in all sports that haven't won a championship. I haven't insisted once that the Suns are a great team anywhere in this forum but I certainly have no qualms about doing so. You seem to think that the Suns are ice ages away from making the Finals. You are having serous delusions if you don't think we have a chance every year with our roster. Will we? It's hard to say, we need a little help but we are right there. I believe the Suns have a better shot at getting to the Finals than the Cavs have on getting back to the Finals. The Suns are a great team just not the BEST team. For you to think only those 2 teams that make it to the finals are the only great teams is just mind boggling.

Cleveland Steamer
06-22-2007, 05:36 PM
The only great team in the league is the one that wins the title

BillsCarnage
06-22-2007, 05:40 PM

By saying "good teams get to the finals" you implied that the Cavs were better.

I think "good" teams at least win ONE game in the finals.

BillsCarnage
06-22-2007, 05:42 PM

Not quite - depending on which station you're listening to. In this case it was 620. At the beginning of the show, G & H said that, according to their contacts, Minney wants Amare and any deal would have to be built around Amare and that's it.

Cleveland Steamer
06-22-2007, 05:47 PM

True, true.
But I also think good teams can get out of the second round

kps0001
06-22-2007, 05:55 PM
The only great team in the league is the one that wins the title

No, that would be the BEST team. Again there are plenty of teams that have been great but not able to be the BEST.

1) Jazz-Stockton and Malone years
2) Sonics-Kemp and Payton years
3) Knicks-some of the Ewing years
4) Spurs last year-weren't a great team? they just caught some bad breaks
5) Trailblazers-some of the Drexler teams were awesome
6) I hate to say it but the '02 Kings were a pretty "great" team
7) 1993 Suns were a great team
8) 1991 Lakers were a great team
9) Mavs of the past 2 years

Do I really need to do this.

How bout the Indianapolis Colts. Peyton, Edge, Harrison, etc. They weren't a great team until last year when the won the entire thing?

Shit, the Yankees have had great teams every year but haven't won a championship in years.

blah, blah, blah, blah.

BillsCarnage
06-22-2007, 05:57 PM
True, true.
But I also think good teams can get out of the second round

That is true.

But the vast majority of fans, "experts" and whoever knew the best series w/ the two best teams was the Spurs and Suns. The common thought was whoever won that series (once DAL was axed) was going to win the title.

BTW, how many times has your franchise actually been out of the second round, ever?

Spurminator
06-22-2007, 05:57 PM
So after the last week are we still going to be asked to feel sorry for KG?

Cleveland Steamer
06-22-2007, 06:01 PM
That is true.

But the vast majority of fans, "experts" and whoever knew the best series w/ the two best teams was the Spurs and Suns. The common thought was whoever won that series (once DAL was axed) was going to win the title.

BTW, how many times has your franchise actually been out of the second round, ever?
5 times

No, that would be the BEST team. Again there are plenty of teams that have been great but not able to be the BEST.

1) Jazz-Stockton and Malone years
2) Sonics-Kemp and Payton years
3) Knicks-some of the Ewing years
4) Spurs last year-weren't a great team? they just caught some bad breaks
5) Trailblazers-some of the Drexler teams were awesome
6) I hate to say it but the '02 Kings were a pretty "great" team
7) 1993 Suns were a great team
8) 1991 Lakers were a great team
9) Mavs of the past 2 years

Do I really need to do this.

How bout the Indianapolis Colts. Peyton, Edge, Harrison, etc. They weren't a great team until last year when the won the entire thing?

Shit, the Yankees have had great teams every year but haven't won a championship in years.

blah, blah, blah, blah.
Good teams, not great, great teams win titles

kps0001
06-22-2007, 06:10 PM
5 times

Good teams, not great, great teams win titles

So you have this notion that in order to be great you have to be the best, the championship team, if you will? You can be good at something but since you arent the best you can't be great at something?

You must be really disappointed with your life and will always be dissapointed if that is you definition of great.

Are the schools in Ohio or wherever the hell you live, really that bad that you can't see that one can be great but not the greatest?

:bang :bang :bang

The Cavs are a shitty team but are they the worst team? The shittiest team? No, i will give them some credit. Same difference. You can be a shitty team but not the shittiest team (i.e worst).

:bang :bang :bang :bang :bang

Cleveland Steamer
06-22-2007, 07:21 PM
So you have this notion that in order to be great you have to be the best, the championship team, if you will? You can be good at something but since you arent the best you can't be great at something?

You must be really disappointed with your life and will always be dissapointed if that is you definition of great.

Are the schools in Ohio or wherever the hell you live, really that bad that you can't see that one can be great but not the greatest?

:bang :bang :bang

The Cavs are a shitty team but are they the worst team? The shittiest team? No, i will give them some credit. Same difference. You can be a shitty team but not the shittiest team (i.e worst).

:bang :bang :bang :bang :bang
What does my personal life have to do with the "greatness" of a NBA team, if you will? Where did I ever say that I was "great"? If I was considered "great" then I probably wouldn't be arguing with your loser-ass on an internet board.

Likewise, the Suns are a good team, not great. But I have no qualms saying they're a good team.

kps0001
06-22-2007, 09:21 PM
What does my personal life have to do with the "greatness" of a NBA team, if you will? Where did I ever say that I was "great"? If I was considered "great" then I probably wouldn't be arguing with your loser-ass on an internet board.

Likewise, the Suns are a good team, not great. But I have no qualms saying they're a good team.

I brought up your personal life as you cannot seem to know the definitions and meanings of "great". YOu are claiming greatness is only equivalent to being the absolute best or champion if you will. Some might consider you to be a great employee or you are great at your job or great at whatever but you might not be the best at that particular skill. Therefore, if that is your way of thinking if you aren't the best employee or the best poster or the best drawer, etc etc then you obviously will probably never be great at anything you do per your definition.

That was the point and you are obviously to ignorant to understand or unable to grasp this simple concept of what greatness means. I think it is quite laughable that you keep sticking to this "suns are only a good team" or those teams I posted are only "good teams" because they have never won a championship.

So I guess Lebron is not a great player in your book? Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, JOhn Stockton, KG, Paul Pierce, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, Elgin Baylor, Dominique Wilkins, George Gervin, Nate Thurmond, Pete Maravich, etc etc, the list goes on and on. None of those guys are great players?

YOu are a freakin tool.

Cleveland Steamer
06-23-2007, 02:14 AM
I brought up your personal life as you cannot seem to know the definitions and meanings of "great". YOu are claiming greatness is only equivalent to being the absolute best or champion if you will. Some might consider you to be a great employee or you are great at your job or great at whatever but you might not be the best at that particular skill. Therefore, if that is your way of thinking if you aren't the best employee or the best poster or the best drawer, etc etc then you obviously will probably never be great at anything you do per your definition.

That was the point and you are obviously to ignorant to understand or unable to grasp this simple concept of what greatness means. I think it is quite laughable that you keep sticking to this "suns are only a good team" or those teams I posted are only "good teams" because they have never won a championship.

So I guess Lebron is not a great player in your book? Karl Malone, Charles Barkley, JOhn Stockton, KG, Paul Pierce, Patrick Ewing, Reggie Miller, Elgin Baylor, Dominique Wilkins, George Gervin, Nate Thurmond, Pete Maravich, etc etc, the list goes on and on. None of those guys are great players?

YOu are a freakin tool.
It would be more appropriate to list teams that never won titles, not players who never won titles. Much like the Suns, these players played on teams that would be considered "good", not "great".

Are you really going to beg this hard for a consolation "great" for your boys?

Johnny RIngo
06-23-2007, 02:33 AM
To Cleveland's credit they're a much better defensive team than the S0ns. Their defense was top 3 or top 5 in the league. Cleveland's lacking in the offensive department though. They're young though so they got plenty of time to work on that.

spurscenter
06-23-2007, 08:02 AM
KG and NASH is good better than Amare and NASH

i would do it if I was Kerr

KG has lots left. Amare has iffy knee and is plain dumb at times.

kps0001
06-23-2007, 12:24 PM
It would be more appropriate to list teams that never won titles, not players who never won titles. Much like the Suns, these players played on teams that would be considered "good", not "great".

Are you really going to beg this hard for a consolation "great" for your boys?

I listed several great teams that never won titles and now many players.. For some reason you are still sticking to this "good" only thing. Many of those players I listed, if not all, are listed as the 50 GREATEST NBA players toi have played the game. I guess the NBA should change it so it is 50 GOOD NBA players since not all of em can be can considered great according to you narrow mindedness?

I am not begging for anything regarding my team. I know they are a great team and so do thousands and thousands of other fans and non fans. I am trying to educate the uneducated. For some reason you seem to not want to discuss or try to persuade me as to how a team or player who doesn't win a championship cannot be considered great but only good.

We are basically talking about the pure definition of the world great as compared to good whether it applies to basketball, baseball, or just life in general.

Instead you just keep making those statements that in order to be great you have to win it all or be the best, which just shows how myopic and childish you are. I think it is amusing to me but I have wasted to much of my time trying to discuss this with someone who apparently has the knowledge and intellect comparable with my 3 yr old daughter with Down Syndrome. Its pointless.

Carry on, I am done here. Welcome to my ignore list. :clap

z0sa
06-23-2007, 12:41 PM

The ball didnt roll the cavs way ... the cavs were very close in both games 3 and 4, so I wouldnt exactly just count them out. Despite being swept, it could have easily been 2-2 going into a game 5.

Another point I think alot of people overlooked is the fact Larry Hughes was injured. During the regular season he was their second leading scorer, had the second most minutes played, avged 13 shots a game, and he was a defensive presence on the perimeter that could have guarded the likes of Parker. While I doubt hed have changed the series much, I think with a healthy Hughes the finals go 6 - not exactly a pushover.

Cleveland Steamer
06-23-2007, 05:23 PM
I listed several great teams that never won titles and now many players.. For some reason you are still sticking to this "good" only thing. Many of those players I listed, if not all, are listed as the 50 GREATEST NBA players toi have played the game. I guess the NBA should change it so it is 50 GOOD NBA players since not all of em can be can considered great according to you narrow mindedness?

I am not begging for anything regarding my team. I know they are a great team and so do thousands and thousands of other fans and non fans. I am trying to educate the uneducated. For some reason you seem to not want to discuss or try to persuade me as to how a team or player who doesn't win a championship cannot be considered great but only good.

We are basically talking about the pure definition of the world great as compared to good whether it applies to basketball, baseball, or just life in general.

Instead you just keep making those statements that in order to be great you have to win it all or be the best, which just shows how myopic and childish you are. I think it is amusing to me but I have wasted to much of my time trying to discuss this with someone who apparently has the knowledge and intellect comparable with my 3 yr old daughter with Down Syndrome. Its pointless.

You call me childish as you use your retarded kid as the butt of a joke. Have some class and try to stick to the topic of basketball without making personal attacks at me and insulting your daughter.

I guess you and I have different definitions of "great". You subscribe to the new-age school of thought where everybody is a winner and every kid gets a trophy for participating. I guess I'm oldschool. If you want to be considered "great" you actually have to earn it. I look at your list of great teams and I see a list of good teams. Sorry. And once again, we're talking about teams, not individual players.

You just don't seem to get the picture that the S0ns can not put into the same category as the great teams. I'll give the S0ns credit where credit is due. They put on a good show for the kids. Big dunks and fancy passes. The kids eat it up. Just don't confuse entertaining with great.

Leetonidas
06-23-2007, 05:36 PM

The real question is, WHY THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN CARE? :pctoss

mardigan
06-23-2007, 07:03 PM

:lol Weak sauce

Cleveland Steamer
06-23-2007, 07:07 PM
:lol Weak sauce
Sometimes when the truth hurts too much, the easiest thing to do is ignore it.

mavsfan1000
06-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Nuggets>Cavs. All the teams the spurs played in playoffs>Cavs as a matter of fact.

Cleveland Steamer
06-23-2007, 07:14 PM
Nuggets>Cavs. All the teams the spurs played in playoffs>Cavs as a matter of fact.
And the Mavs choke more than Royce Gracie. Big deal.

mardigan
06-23-2007, 07:35 PM
Well since the Spurs didnt play them then......
Cavs>>>>>>>Mavs

kps0001
06-23-2007, 09:17 PM
The real question is, WHY THE FUCK DO YOU EVEN CARE? :pctoss

Eh.. I started on the misinformed soul yesterday when I was bored at work. I am a glutton for punishment I guess but I really had nothing better to do.

I really don't care which is why I am ignoring the ignorant kid. Would rather ignore him that keep up the useless banter.

Weak sauce

LOL yeah that is pretty funny, huh? No not really. :rolleyes

See there is not point in carrying on with this person. Its like debating something with that spoiled little kid you went to grade school with who thinks he is correct about everything. The kind of kid that will argue till he is blue in the face about something that he really has no clue about but will maintain his stance out of pure stubbornness. I choose to ignore him because, really his posts don't hold any weight and I would rather just not read them.

Cleveland Steamer
06-23-2007, 11:38 PM
See there is not point in carrying on with this person. He speaks the truth about my team and it hurts my fealings so I have to resort to name calling and ignore lists. You see, my team is bunch of pretenders but I think they're great so you should too. This squad has never even been to the Finals but I'm totally razzle-dazzled by their cool passes and dunks and stuff so they're great, just like a bunch of past teams who actually DID go to the Finals. I know it's not really a fair comparison since these S0ns have never even been past the WCF but who actually gives a shit about winning anyways? Thank God for ignore lists or I might actually have to think about the bullshit that I type.

Great points kps0001.

mffl89
06-24-2007, 08:04 AM
this is like saying the 06 Heat were a great team.

NBA Junkie
06-24-2007, 11:27 AM
It doesn't matter if KG winds up in Phoenix. Duncan has owned him for his entire career, and a change of address won't change that.

KG's game is on the decline even if the numbers don't seem to show it. He's no longer the playmaker whose skills can energize his teammates and his knees aren't as strong as they were even if his durability is still there. I just don't think he'll have enough left in the tank once the playoffs roll around, unless by some miracle, his PT can decrease to about 30-35 minutes a game.

Besides he's so used to the ball going through him that it will take some time to adjust to having it go through someone else.

kps0001
06-24-2007, 03:35 PM
this is like saying the 06 Heat were a great team.

According to Cleveland Steamer, based simply on the fact that they won the championship, they are a great team. :rolleyes

kps0001
06-24-2007, 03:38 PM
It doesn't matter if KG winds up in Phoenix. Duncan has owned him for his entire career, and a change of address won't change that.

KG's game is on the decline even if the numbers don't seem to show it. He's no longer the playmaker whose skills can energize his teammates and his knees aren't as strong as they were even if his durability is still there. I just don't think he'll have enough left in the tank once the playoffs roll around, unless by some miracle, his PT can decrease to about 30-35 minutes a game.

Besides he's so used to the ball going through him that it will take some time to adjust to having it go through someone else.

Duncan has owned everyone his entire career but KG can at least handle him better than any of our other alternatives.

I agree that there would be some chemistry issues however I don't think that KG skills and durablity are on the decline that much, if at all, to really have a huge effect for say the next 2years.

Cleveland Steamer
06-24-2007, 04:22 PM
According to me, the S0ns deserve a consolatory place next to the champions of NBA past although they haven't come close to winning the championship. If you disagree with me I'll put you on ignore and give you some of this: :rolleyes

JMarkJohns
06-24-2007, 04:29 PM
If it wasn't so costly financially, then I don't think an Amare for KG trade would be an issue. In fact, I know it wouldn't.

If the Suns could somehow package Amare/Diaw/Banks#24/#29 for Garnett/#7, then I think they'd do it. I don't, however, see the Timberwolves going for that. The reason the Suns throw in Diaw is, per 1st-year extension from rookie-scale pay guidelines, he's a base-year compensation player, so the Suns could actually trade him with only 4.5 million of his 9 million salary for next season counting in trade. This allows them to clear more salary, thus clearing up their financial issues, while adding top flight talent now, and for the future.

Like I said, I don't think Minny would go for it, though they are certainly getting two very good prospects to build around.

mardigan
06-24-2007, 06:19 PM
According to Cleveland Steamer, based simply on the fact that they won the championship, they are a great team. :rolleyes
History remembers the winners, even people that didnt get to see the Heat play will think they were a great team when looking back in videos and books. Losers arent remembered for anything except being losers.
And the Heat were a much greater team last year then the Suns

Cleveland Steamer
06-24-2007, 06:22 PM
History remembers the winners, even people that didnt get to see the Heat play will think they were a great team when looking back in videos and books. Losers arent remembered for anything except being losers.
You're a post or two away from being introduced to KPS001's ignore list.

Agloco
06-24-2007, 06:48 PM

So do shitty teams in weak conferences.......

MajorMike
06-24-2007, 11:20 PM

They were not great in history'e eyes. Say San Diego wins last year, Marty stays on is a great coach, NE retools (as they have done) and SD/NE fight over it with B'more the next 3-4 years while Peyton starts to decline. In 20 years, would anyone give a rat's ass how many times the Colts got to the playoffs, or just remember how actually won the Super Bowl.

Atlanta Braves. Great run? No. Most people see what they did as a failure - they win all those division titles and are in the post season every year and can't break thru for a couple more WS Rings?

Buffalo Bills? How many teams in history would LOVE to get to 4 SBs in a row? Still, the team is seen as a failure, because they didn't win any of them.

Vikings?

Cleveland Indians/Browns/Cavs when they were on their runs? Great teams, almost there, but fell just short. No one remembers how good they were, just that they found a way to lose - a failure.

History remembers the victors and the losers that go down in flames. Not the really nice teams that were almost there every year but found a way to lose each time.

You can make it personal and argue and while and prove your points and show cute facts... but there is no getting around the perception of history. Thurman's Bills, Tark's Vikings, Marty's Browns/Chiefs/Chargers, Mark Price's Cavs, Dan Marino's Fins, Jazz, Chicago Cubs; no matter how good these teams are, history doesn't see them as champions - they are the ones that could never break thru. No one cares how good they were, only that they weren't the best.

Is it unfair? Prolly. However, the fact remains, Dallas and Phx could win 60 games for the next 10 years, but history will always record them as the one's that couldn't get it done. The best win it all. Everyone else is just everyone else.

kps0001
06-25-2007, 01:18 AM

Most people, casual or non fans, do only remember the winners, I agree. But that isn't what I was really blabbering about.

I never said the Heat weren't a greater team last year than the Suns.

They were not great in history'e eyes. Say San Diego wins last year, Marty stays on is a great coach, NE retools (as they have done) and SD/NE fight over it with B'more the next 3-4 years while Peyton starts to decline. In 20 years, would anyone give a rat's ass how many times the Colts got to the playoffs, or just remember how actually won the Super Bowl.

Atlanta Braves. Great run? No. Most people see what they did as a failure - they win all those division titles and are in the post season every year and can't break thru for a couple more WS Rings?

Buffalo Bills? How many teams in history would LOVE to get to 4 SBs in a row? Still, the team is seen as a failure, because they didn't win any of them.

Vikings?

Cleveland Indians/Browns/Cavs when they were on their runs? Great teams, almost there, but fell just short. No one remembers how good they were, just that they found a way to lose - a failure.

How can you say all that but then claim "Cleveland Indians/Browns/Cavs....great teams"?

That is my point. All those teams were great teams but didn't win it all. Obviously the ultimate goal is to be the champion. But if you can't be considered great or to have had a great season by not winning it all then it is a depressing life to live, I would imagine. Sure you can be disappointed at the end result but part of growing and improving is to recognize what you do well/great and what you do poorly.

History remembers the victors and the losers that go down in flames. Not the really nice teams that were almost there every year but found a way to lose each time.

Again, yes history does remember the victors. Obviously they also remember the really great teams that you mentioned above, the losers, if you will. The Braves, Bills, Dolphins, etc will always be remembered for their accomplishments because they were great teams that, yes, fell short of being the best but accomplished amazing things. Things that may never happen again and for that, they will be remembered and thought of as "great". Will they also be thought of a failure or disappointing? Certainly in the respect to a championship season. Why can't those terms, thoughts, feelings, whatever, coexist?

You can make it personal and argue and while and prove your points and show cute facts... but there is no getting around the perception of history. Thurman's Bills, Tark's Vikings, Marty's Browns/Chiefs/Chargers, Mark Price's Cavs, Dan Marino's Fins, Jazz, Chicago Cubs; no matter how good these teams are, history doesn't see them as champions - they are the ones that could never break thru. No one cares how good they were, only that they weren't the best.

Is it unfair? Prolly. However, the fact remains, Dallas and Phx could win 60 games for the next 10 years, but history will always record them as the one's that couldn't get it done. The best win it all. Everyone else is just everyone else.

I really don't know what point you are trying to prove with your 1)contradictory post and 2) the fact you keep bringing up history and teams only being remembered as champions.

johngateswhiteley
06-25-2007, 01:56 AM
dude, capt. shit for brains is always right an he never gives credit where credit is due....just want to give you the heads up.

...in other words, he's a douche bag.

BillsCarnage
06-25-2007, 12:55 PM
If it wasn't so costly financially, then I don't think an Amare for KG trade would be an issue. In fact, I know it wouldn't.

If the Suns could somehow package Amare/Diaw/Banks#24/#29 for Garnett/#7, then I think they'd do it. I don't, however, see the Timberwolves going for that. The reason the Suns throw in Diaw is, per 1st-year extension from rookie-scale pay guidelines, he's a base-year compensation player, so the Suns could actually trade him with only 4.5 million of his 9 million salary for next season counting in trade. This allows them to clear more salary, thus clearing up their financial issues, while adding top flight talent now, and for the future.

Like I said, I don't think Minny would go for it, though they are certainly getting two very good prospects to build around.

I don't know why Minney would want Banks back; they didn't want him last summer when the let him go.

MajorMike
06-25-2007, 05:13 PM
dude, capt. shit for brains is always right an he never gives credit where credit is due....just want to give you the heads up.

...in other words, he's a douche bag.

jgw is just a troll who does a daily search for what I've posted and follows me around to talk smack. As other have noticed as evidenced in my sig.

JMarkJohns
06-25-2007, 05:36 PM
I don't know why Minney would want Banks back; they didn't want him last summer when the let him go.

It's not about them wanting him back, but getting Amare. They have to make the salaries match. Banks fills the role. Plus, there's no way the Suns unload Amare without attaching Banks with.

johngateswhiteley
06-25-2007, 06:46 PM
jgw is just a troll who does a daily search for what I've posted and follows me around to talk smack. As other have noticed as evidenced in my sig.

i never follow you around...you must have me confused with some bitch ass t.u. fan.

...if you're in a thread i happen to read, and acting like a douche, i am going to call you out on it.

you're a douche bag.

Cleveland Steamer
06-25-2007, 08:23 PM
Do you girls need a time out?

johngateswhiteley
06-25-2007, 09:00 PM
Do us girls need a time out?

what does capt. mike being a douche bag have to do with him and you taking a time out?

Cleveland Steamer
06-26-2007, 01:08 PM
what does capt. mike being a douche bag have to do with him and you taking a time out?
Clever chap. :clap

MajorMike
06-26-2007, 03:36 PM

They need to teach you a new word during recess, this one was old when you used it up around a year ago.

johngateswhiteley
06-26-2007, 05:11 PM
They need to teach you a new word during recess, this one was old when you used it up around a year ago.

as soon as you learn how not to be a douche bag.....