PDA

View Full Version : draft prospect threads kinda getting out of hand!!

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:08 PM
seriously.... it needs to stop...did i just see george karls kid?

Mr. Body
06-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Coby Karl thread.

Marcus Bryant
06-22-2007, 05:09 PM
We need more threads about *s and threads about threads.

Cleveland Steamer
06-22-2007, 05:09 PM
As opposed to "James White as good as Kobe?" threads?

ChumpDumper
06-22-2007, 05:10 PM
I object to all this talk about the draft a week before the draft.

td4mvp3
06-22-2007, 05:12 PM
I object to all this talk about the draft a week before the draft.
over ruled!
(sorry, just always wanted to say that.)

Borosai
06-22-2007, 05:14 PM
James White is the cat's pajamas.

http://www.cybersalt.org/cl_images/1zzzzya/cats/catpjs.jpg

ducks
06-22-2007, 05:15 PM
she posted that if you had a problem with how the site is run you are to pm her

ducks
06-22-2007, 05:17 PM
seriously.... it needs to stop...did i just see george karls kid?
http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72052 :ihit :ihit :ihit :ihit

El_Mago
06-22-2007, 05:29 PM
george karl's kid has no chance.

i bet the nuggets even pass on him.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 05:40 PM
its great that he is doing it...but i dont want to see all these players that the spurs are not drafting!!! its getting way out of hand!! its like he is doing almost everybody that declared themselves eligable

ducks
06-22-2007, 05:41 PM
its great that he is doing it...but i dont want to see all these players that the spurs are not drafting!!! its getting way out of hand!! its like he is doing almost everybody that declared themselves eligable
tell us who they are drafting then
do you have a crystal ball or something?

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-22-2007, 05:41 PM

Um, there are probably only going to be three players the Spurs aren't drafting, and any prospect could affect the Spurs if chosen by the right team.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-22-2007, 05:42 PM
its like he is doing almost everybody that declared themselves eligable

Wait? The Spurs could only draft players that are draft eligible?

I sure do wish somebody could let me know the what and who about the players who the Spurs could possibly select.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-22-2007, 06:21 PM

Damn, if it's bothering you take a week off and come back next Friday. It's draft week, this is how we roll.

FromWayDowntown
06-22-2007, 06:25 PM
I am glad that we have an entire thread complaining about there being too many threads. The irony is just awesome.

exstatic
06-22-2007, 06:29 PM
I was thinking that spurscenter was the worst of the new bunch of posters, then I remembered coachmac87. I started to compare them, but it gave me a headache and diarrhea, so I called it a draw.

Like AHF said, this is how we roll.

duncan228
06-22-2007, 06:34 PM
It's how it is and I for one find it helpful.

People have done the work so most of us can reap the benefits of their time and effort. (Thanks to those that have done the work!)

As with any thread, if you're not interested don't read.

Extra Stout
06-22-2007, 06:53 PM
yeah we need fewer threads about basketball and more about the media and about people in phoenix that is good quality material there

Mr. Body
06-22-2007, 06:57 PM
We should do the originator of this thread a favor and confine our comments only to the threads about the two players the Spurs will draft.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-22-2007, 06:59 PM
I know! I agree with coachmac87! Although the draft is a few days away, we need to stop with the draft threads and make more useful threads! Like how dbreiden83080 is a Suns fan! And threads like these that criticize other threads!

td4mvp3
06-22-2007, 07:49 PM
I was thinking that spurscenter was the worst of the new bunch of posters, then I remembered coachmac87. I started to compare them, but it gave me a headache and diarrhea, so I called it a draw.

Like AHF said, this is how we roll.
but i'mm guessing a whole lot of the folks visiting this forum are folks who weren't here for the previous incarnations of pre-draft stuff. they see s.a. spurs forum, maybe catch some threads were folks catch flak for starting lots of threads (the etiquette thread comes to mind) and then think "what the?" as all these other threads pop up. i say as long as so many threads are going to be posted, just be prepared to answer the question. in a way, it points to all the spurs inferiority complex/media hype/ratings idea -- more folks may actually find the spurs interesting and looking for info about them and coming across this site. why bully them away?

ChumpDumper
06-22-2007, 07:59 PM
why bully them away?Because they suck.

td4mvp3
06-22-2007, 08:02 PM
Because they suck.
well, then there's that. :lol

Brutalis
06-22-2007, 08:03 PM
Yeah it's pretty retarded to have a billion different threads for players nobody cares about. The smart thing to do is not drink so much, and make 5 threads for each position but again this is Texas so I'll go ahead and stop.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 08:06 PM
well i appreciate the draft prospect threads...but seriously when u strart throwing in players like daryl strawberry,coby karl,jarius jackson, jameson curry and etc. i dont want players who will be training camp tryouts..give me players that have a chance being drafted by the spurs are actually players that are good!!! and o joke noah!! and they whole suns fan thread that was just because that fucker had the nerve to call me a suns fan so ya had to do what i had to do....dont mind the draft prospects but i dont want every single player..spurs cant draft everybody...and half those guys have no shot getting drafted by the spurs anyways..if the spurs draft anybody that played in the us..they will most likely draft only one guy who will play right away...thats why the spurs draft so many international players beacause the us kids cant sit and wait until the spurs are ready for them to play for them..spurs dont have that many spots a unproven rookie can just take from a vet

ChumpDumper
06-22-2007, 08:09 PM
i dont want players who will be training camp tryoutsThen don't read them.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 08:19 PM
Then don't read them.

i dont...but they are still there....i mean im actually looking for something interesting to talk about..and i see all these draft prospects that wont make it in the nba or even on the spurs..kinda pointless..

Kori Ellis
06-22-2007, 08:23 PM
First off, this is how we do it here. The week before the draft, we talk about all the players in the draft. The Spurs season is over. So we talk about all the player that are coming into NBA via the draft. We do individualize draft threads and then provide a directory at the top of the forum. This goes on for one week prior to the draft.

If you don't like it, I apologize - but that's what we do here.

We do something similar in free agency.

Secondly, if you have ANY problem with how the forum is run, contact me or timvp via PM. Starting a thread like this doesn't accomplish anything except to piss me off.

Lastly, all of you who don't capitalize or don't use punctuation in your posts need to learn how. Your posts are unbearable to read.

Thanks.