PDA

View Full Version : anybody else a little disappointed in the si special issue?

td4mvp3
06-22-2007, 07:57 PM
i was looking at the one for 02-03. the reviews of each series went longer than a page, number of pics was about the same, and there wasn't two or three pages devoted to the entire nba as was the case for the 07 version.

CubanMustGo
06-22-2007, 08:08 PM
Congratulations, the media is doing their part to keep up with the American sports fan's ever decreasing attention span.

td4mvp3
06-22-2007, 08:11 PM
Congratulations, the media is doing their part to keep up with the American sports fan's ever decreasing attention span.
not sure i understand you. do you mean they added the nba review pages to entice the average fan? it's a special edition, no one outside of a spurs fan is going to pick it up. any pages not devoted to the spurs become junk, in that situation.

coachmac87
06-22-2007, 08:17 PM
who cares...they will have to do another one next year anyways

td4mvp3
06-22-2007, 08:34 PM
who cares...they will have to do another one next year anyways
:toast

Extra Stout
06-22-2007, 08:56 PM
i was looking at the one for 02-03. the reviews of each series went longer than a page, number of pics was about the same, and there wasn't two or three pages devoted to the entire nba as was the case for the 07 version.
I think the ones in Spanish, French, and Chinese are better, because those are the languages most of the people who care speak.

mandel17
06-23-2007, 09:01 AM
The media has done an extreme disservice to the NBA by constantly saying that the league has declined in popularity. Nothing could be further from the truth. The NBA's attendance hit an all-time high in the 2005-06 season and its popularity is soaring overseas, especially in Latin America. I'm not sure why the national media is distorting the facts. The biggest hypocrisy has been their attitude towards the Spurs. In this age of professional athletes constantly getting in trouble with the law, here comes the Spurs, a team built around class and basketball fundamentalism. How many times have we heard the media lament the lack of role models in sports? And when you finally have a championship team full of good guys who play the game the right way - all they do is yawn. It's utter hypocrisy, and I think the national media has been exposed as a bunch of guys that have never played the game and who value style over substance. Of course they would never admit that - they're making too much money to tell the truth...

spurster
06-23-2007, 12:58 PM
I think SI is trying to target fans who are so deficient they can't even use capital letters.

td4mvp3
06-23-2007, 01:43 PM
I think SI is trying to target fans who are so deficient they can't even use capital letters.
you should take that act on the road!