PDA

View Full Version : do the mavs have the worst situation in the nba?

td4mvp3
06-23-2007, 04:04 PM
the loss to golden state would normally point to needing to change the roster ... except the team won 67 games. the 1-8 loss might carry less sting considering the sonics, who pulled off an equally dubious accomplishment, made it to the finals the next year ... except the mavs made it to the finals the year before and choked four straight games after going up 2-0. dirk obviously showed he needs help to make it to the title ... except last year's team knocked off the long-hated spurs with him being a monster. where do they and can they go from here? there don't seem to be any obvious fixes for a team that obviously is broken somewhere.

Tippecanoe
06-23-2007, 04:33 PM
no

the knicks do

Leetonidas
06-23-2007, 05:16 PM
They're still a fantastic team. There are teams out there with a way worse situation right now...

Minnesota
Boston - They just suck ass
Sacramento
Atlanta - Their management is terrible
Detroit
New York
etc...

eisfeld
06-23-2007, 05:42 PM
Erm.. no!
Besides Cuban throwing out money there's nothing bad considering the Mavs as a team. They still have the guys to go deep into the play-offs. Only concern should be a true PG with a pass first mentality, this should boost the team. The reason they choked against GSW is just that they do not match up with them and with Avery still learning how to cope with run and gun teams. Anything else than a Mavs - Spurs WCF next year would be a surprise for me.

eisfeld
06-23-2007, 05:43 PM
@EssaySpur1001
Never thought anybody here knows Kalmah! Thumbs up!

cornbread
06-23-2007, 06:00 PM
My money is on the Mavs coming back in a big way next year. They're still one of the most dangerous teams out there.

Leetonidas
06-23-2007, 06:03 PM
@EssaySpur1001
Never thought anybody here knows Kalmah! Thumbs up!
Hell yeah. They kick ass. :tu

spursreport
06-23-2007, 06:09 PM
My money is on the Mavs coming back in a big way next year. They're still one of the most dangerous teams out there.

Not until they get a bigman who can score inside.

spursreport
06-23-2007, 06:13 PM
Healthy Suns team>>>>Mavs

cornbread
06-23-2007, 06:19 PM

A bigman would make them much more solid but they will still be a huge threat to any team whether they get a bigman or not. They didn't need a scoring bigman to beat the Spurs.

spursreport
06-23-2007, 06:22 PM
A bigman would make them much more solid but they will still be a huge threat to any team whether they get a bigman or not. They didn't need a scoring bigman to beat the Spurs.

They need a scoring bigman to win a championship. In this league you need interior offense or you wont win a title. Look back at all the championship teams. Outside of MJ's bulls name me a team who won a title without a low post presence of some kind?

cornbread
06-23-2007, 06:33 PM
They need a scoring bigman to win a championship. In this league you need interior offense or you wont win a title. Look back at all the championship teams. Outside of MJ's bulls name me a team who won a title without a low post presence of some kind?
I didn't say they would win the championship. I said they will be back. They still pose the biggest threat to Spurs and that's what matters to me the most.

spursreport
06-23-2007, 06:45 PM
I didn't say they would win the championship. I said they will be back. They still pose the biggest threat to Spurs and that's what matters to me the most.

The west isnt just about the Spurs/Mavs. I refuse to act like the Suns are pretenders. Because the Mavs beat them without Amare in 06 (A guy who can easily score at will in the paint against them and was basically the big reason they lost that series) yet lost to a healthy suns team in 05 that makes them a 3rd wheel? The Suns also gave us a tough 6 game series that could have possibly went 7 games.

Bear Grylls
06-23-2007, 06:46 PM

2004 Detroit Pistons

spursreport
06-23-2007, 06:47 PM
2004 Detroit Pistons

04 Pistons had Sheed. They had some kind of inside presence. Mavs dont have any kind of inside presence

cornbread
06-23-2007, 06:53 PM
The west isnt just about the Spurs/Mavs. I refuse to act like the Suns are pretenders. Because the Mavs beat them without Amare in 06 (A guy who can easily score at will in the paint against them and was basically the big reason they lost that series) yet lost to a healthy suns team in 05 that makes them a 3rd wheel? The Suns also gave us a tough 6 game series that could have possibly went 7 games.
Uh, I didn't say the West was all about the Spurs and Mavs. I said the Mavs still pose the biggest threat to the Spurs. Your point about the Suns beating the Mavs and vice versa is irrelevant.

spursreport
06-23-2007, 06:55 PM
Uh, I didn't say the West was all about the Spurs and Mavs. I said the Mavs still pose the biggest threat to the Spurs. Your point about the Suns beating the Mavs and vice versa is irrelevant.

Im just saying we cant only worry about the Mavs. Gotta be ready for everyone. IMO I feel the Suns will pose a bigger threat to us than Dallas will.

Findog
06-23-2007, 08:40 PM
the loss to golden state would normally point to needing to change the roster ... except the team won 67 games. the 1-8 loss might carry less sting considering the sonics, who pulled off an equally dubious accomplishment, made it to the finals the next year ... except the mavs made it to the finals the year before and choked four straight games after going up 2-0. dirk obviously showed he needs help to make it to the title ... except last year's team knocked off the long-hated spurs with him being a monster. where do they and can they go from here? there don't seem to be any obvious fixes for a team that obviously is broken somewhere.

Yeah, Mavs are worse off than Boston, Memphis, New York, Charlotte, Atlanta, etc.

confined
06-23-2007, 08:51 PM
They're still a fantastic team. There are teams out there with a way worse situation right now...

Minnesota
Boston - They just suck ass
Sacramento
Atlanta - Their management is terrible
Detroit
New York
etc...

i agree EssaySpur...and i admire your taste in music by the way
kalmah shred like no other

td4mvp3
06-23-2007, 08:56 PM
my thinking, though, had been that all of those teams know where they are deficient, and, what's more, have some hope about improving. granted, the mavs are still going to be a good team, but their ability to get over the hump depends on this season (unlike the pistons, who have won it all in this latest incarnation; or any of the bottom dwelling teams who have no expectations and thus little to lose, or have some path to follow and thus hope for their fans and team) while there is little obvious to be done to make that leap.

confined
06-23-2007, 09:01 PM
my thinking, though, had been that all of those teams know where they are deficient, and, what's more, have some hope about improving. granted, the mavs are still going to be a good team, but their ability to get over the hump depends on this season (unlike the pistons, who have won it all in this latest incarnation; or any of the bottom dwelling teams who have no expectations and thus little to lose, or have some path to follow and thus hope for their fans and team) while there is little obvious to be done to make that leap.
just try to avoid GS in the playoffs?

mavs>spurs2
06-23-2007, 09:03 PM
04 Pistons had Sheed. They had some kind of inside presence. Mavs dont have any kind of inside presence

You just lost all credibility with that statement. Sheed isn't a low post presence, he shoots just as many fadeaway jumpers and 3s as Dirk does.

dirk4mvp
06-23-2007, 09:15 PM

Did you know Sheed and Dirk share similar back to basket go-to moves?

spursreport
06-23-2007, 09:47 PM
I never said Sheed was a dominant low post player. But he has shown at times he can post people up and score in the paint. Dirk never had that ability even when he tried. Hence why I said some kind of low post game. Pistons werent a pure jump shooting team like the Mavs are.

Dirk Nowitzki
06-23-2007, 09:49 PM

:rolleyes :rolleyes Please shut the fuck up.

emo serb
06-23-2007, 10:12 PM
Did you know Sheed doesn't suck?

BillsCarnage
06-23-2007, 10:17 PM
This thread is as pointless at the 300 other threads discuss the same subject for whichever team, though there has been many w/ Dallas as the subject.

The Mavs and Suns will go into next season w/ chips on their shoulders and a determination much like they both had this year. The Spurs will again try to avoid apathy and try to repeat for the first time.

A three of them will still be the "big 3"/top tier of the NBA and then the rest. Utah or Houston may sneak in, but i still say it'll be the same big 3. Unless a drastic move is made by an Eastern team they will still be the underdog conf.

dbreiden83080
06-24-2007, 12:21 AM
Worst in the sense that they can go 82-0 next year and nobody will give a flying shit till the playoffs start.

MrChug
06-24-2007, 08:39 AM

God, please tell me you are joking.

Okay if you're not, and just as unknowledgeable as the average mavsfan, then there's one huge glaring fucking difference. Sheed MAKES his shots. :rolleyes

HJNTX
06-24-2007, 08:49 AM
The Mavs just have an idiot owner that needs to keep his nose out of game and let the staff do their job .. He gives the Mavs a blackeye ..

dirk4mvp
06-24-2007, 12:28 PM

Okay if you're not, and just as unknowledgeable as the average mavsfan, then there's one huge glaring fucking difference. Sheed MAKES his shots. :rolleyes

Alright, so they don't shoot a bunch of fadeaways. Wipe the cum that's been busted out into your eyes and you could probably see.

ChumpDumper
06-24-2007, 12:42 PM
back to basket go-to moves :lmao :lmao :lmao

Roxsfan
06-24-2007, 12:54 PM

amen brother

Ignorant Spurs fan
06-24-2007, 01:17 PM

they do you moron. do you watch basketball?