PDA

View Full Version : A Big Tip For Dreamweaver Begginers

GO SPurs Go
06-23-2007, 07:52 PM
BEFORE you start your site, make a template. Do not put anything in it, and make it ALL editable. Save it, and base ALL your html pages on it. WHY Waste 5 minutes doing this? Because it saves you a hell of a lot more later. I didn't know this, and now, I have over 50 pages in my site, and if I want to make a general change (Make a script for every page) I have to edit every single one seperately. If I had a template, I could just change the template, and then all my pages would be changed. BTW also create a css page. It kind of acts as a template (the only difference being CSS is more for cosmetical changes (ie. underlining, bg etc.) and a template is more for scripts and other things that go in the body. Both are pretty easy to create with minimal learning.

Also, if anyone here can give me a crash course in sql I would REALLY appreciate it. I want to create a form where a guest can put in info, click submit, and not only the data is stored in a database, but it also automatically sends the info in an email....

thx

boutons_
06-23-2007, 10:44 PM
"crash course in sql"

plenty of excellent books for beginners on Amazon, plus plent of how-to web sites.

Re-Animator
06-24-2007, 12:19 AM
That is some great advise,I wish there was some sort of graphics/pc software forum at your site. I may one day have some questions . Well good luck with your site, if only you was a Meth head, you could look froward to changing each page :wakeup

Dream Weaver
06-24-2007, 12:59 AM
I approve of this topic

Nbadan
06-24-2007, 03:10 AM
Try this: http://cgi.resourceindex.com/