PDA

View Full Version : so do the spurs finally have swagger?

td4mvp3
06-23-2007, 07:53 PM
i noticed a calm about the spurs, but they were beating up on the cavs and jazz. still, it was refreshing to see the team just so business-like, so nonchalant about the shelacking they were administering to lesser teams. but i'm not sure if i see that kind of justified arrogance. yeah, they're humble and all, but it's not something you have to think about, not some air, but just a solid belief that your team can beat any other team and that grudging realization by that other team.

Solid D
06-23-2007, 07:55 PM
More like respect for the opponent while they step on their throat.

pjjrfan
06-23-2007, 09:27 PM
I wouldn't call it swagger. I think this team has the knowledge now of just how efficiently good they are. This is now a veteran championship team. They may not be a dynasty by definition, but they are a solid confidant group that has been there, done that, and however you want to put it. They remind me of the 60's Packer's, and Celtics. There is no arrogance in these guys, just a quiet efficiency in how they go about and do their jobs, and if anything they have become better at smelling blood and mercilessly finishing the job. All that could change next year, but I really believe as long as the core group is there, they will contend for the next 3-5 years if their health holds out.

raspsa
06-23-2007, 09:31 PM
Not arrogance or swagger. Just supreme confidence knowing what they are capable of if they play hard as a team. It also helps when you know that you basically have to defend only one player on the other team and they don't have the firepower to compete over a series of games.

word
06-23-2007, 10:18 PM
Loved the look on TD face when he swatted away a weak Ilgauskas' shot in game one.

It was the look of, 'You gotta be joking.'