PDA

View Full Version : Mexico vs. USA in GOLD CUP final



SAtown
06-23-2007, 08:53 PM
Mexico vs USA

MaNuMaNiAc
06-23-2007, 09:17 PM
well, the refs already saved the US against Canada with a bogus offside, they might save them again against Mexico. Still, I think you're right. Mexico 2-0 US

SAtown
06-23-2007, 09:24 PM
well, the refs already saved the US against Canada with a bogus offside, they might save them again against Mexico. Still, I think you're right. Mexico 2-0 US

Yes, that phantom offsides call was BS, but ironically enough, the ref was Mexican (Archundia). Still, I think since the game is being played in Chicago, and the refs always favor USA (refer to the US-Mex game in World Cup 02), they will try to pull some bullshit in favor of USA.

VAMOS MEXICO!

resistanze
06-23-2007, 10:57 PM
CANADA WAS ROBBED!!!!

Anyways, when is the last time Mexico has beaten the US? I haven't been watching closely but they alway seem to lose whenever I've seen them play in the past 2-3 years. I'm taking Mexico 2-1.

dav4463
06-24-2007, 01:15 AM
USA 8-0....maybe a no-hitter! Is this baseball? :lol

Spurologist
06-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Yes, that phantom offsides call was BS, but ironically enough, the ref was Mexican (Archundia). Still, I think since the game is being played in Chicago, and the refs always favor USA (refer to the US-Mex game in World Cup 02), they will try to pull some bullshit in favor of USA.

VAMOS MEXICO!

Suck it up.

The US has dominated the supposedly more talented Mexican team time and time again. What was even more pathetic was Oswaldo Sanchez trying to trip Eddie Johnson after his ass got owned with a goal.

Kermit
06-24-2007, 09:47 AM
well, the refs already saved the US against Canada with a bogus offside, they might save them again against Mexico. Still, I think you're right. Mexico 2-0 US

while it was a bad call, there shouldn't have been that much stoppage time to score the damn thing.

SAtown
06-24-2007, 12:48 PM
CANADA WAS ROBBED!!!!

Anyways, when is the last time Mexico has beaten the US?

I believe it was at Azteca in a World Cup 06 Qualifier in 05. It's also been 8 years since Mexico doesn't win on USA grounds, and 8 years since Mexico doesn't even score a goal vs USA in USA.

Hopefully, today will be different

maxpower
06-24-2007, 01:47 PM
is it being carried on stations other than univision?

resistanze
06-24-2007, 02:09 PM
GOLTV here in canada

Spurologist
06-24-2007, 02:32 PM
is it being carried on stations other than univision?

FSC

resistanze
06-24-2007, 02:47 PM
Absolutely TERRIBLE by Mexico.

resistanze
06-24-2007, 02:49 PM
But they make it up! 1-0 Mexico.

Spurologist
06-24-2007, 02:54 PM
Nice goal. Castillo is dominating the game with his pace and skill.

resistanze
06-24-2007, 03:26 PM
Nicely taken penalty, tie game. Though I didn't see too much contact on the foul.

Spurologist
06-24-2007, 03:37 PM
What a fucking goal

Benny Failheber

resistanze
06-24-2007, 03:37 PM
Now THAT'S a goal.

Spurologist
06-24-2007, 03:40 PM
Ching could have sealed it there

resistanze
06-24-2007, 03:48 PM
WTF was that? Another game sealing opportunity.

Spurologist
06-24-2007, 03:54 PM
what the fuck was that????

resistanze
06-24-2007, 03:54 PM
what the fuck was that????
Terrible. Beasley should be SLAPPED.

greenroom
06-24-2007, 03:55 PM
Can we just finish a damn goal to put the game away??

resistanze
06-24-2007, 03:57 PM
A penalty there woulda really made Beasley wanna crawl into a hole.

Spurologist
06-24-2007, 03:58 PM
If Beasley could finish, he'd be the first US international superstar

Spurologist
06-24-2007, 04:00 PM
If Beasley could finish, he'd be the first US international superstar

This guy might be though

B
E
N
N
Y

F
A
I
L
H
A
B
E
R

Marcus Bryant
06-24-2007, 04:05 PM
is it being carried on stations other than univision?

Was on FSC.

Marcus Bryant
06-24-2007, 04:05 PM
This guy might be though

B
E
N
N
Y

F
A
I
L
H
A
B
E
R


Man, that was beautiful.

Marcus Bryant
06-24-2007, 04:19 PM
Sunday, 24 June 2007, Soldier Field. Mexico will win 2-0. :smokin


well, the refs already saved the US against Canada with a bogus offside, they might save them again against Mexico. Still, I think you're right. Mexico 2-0 US



Next time, perhaps.

:toast

maxpower
06-24-2007, 04:28 PM
what is fsc?

fox soccer channel.

It's a shame this was not on hi def. I don't know why fox sports has a hi def channel which is virtually unused.

And fucking univision should get off it's ass and treat it's main sport with some respect and get it hi def.

Marcus Bryant
06-24-2007, 04:30 PM
what is fsc?

Fox Soccer Channel.

Marcus Bryant
06-24-2007, 04:32 PM
Next victim:

http://www.1uptravel.com/flags/images/ar-mdflag.gif

ALVAREZ6
06-24-2007, 05:29 PM
Next victor:


http://www.1uptravel.com/flags/images/ar-mdflag.gif

:smokin

Spurologist
06-24-2007, 05:47 PM
:smokin

Hate to bring this up but if USA beats Argentina it would be:

1990 World Cup: Cameroon beats Argetina 1-0 part II

ALVAREZ6
06-24-2007, 06:16 PM
Hate to bring this up but if USA beats Argentina it would be:
just another upset.

SAtown
06-24-2007, 09:02 PM
Good game by USA in the 2nd half. :tu

mFFL03
06-24-2007, 09:53 PM
sloppy game by both teams....so many missed opportunities....the final should have been 4-3 going either way....

tim howard was a beast.....

USA's back defense is HORRIBLE...

some non calls in the box for both sides......

and were they playing in chicago or mexico city? spanish advertisements everywhere.....75% or more of the crowd was hispanic or mexican......AND IT WASN'T EVEN ON ESPN....what a joke

Phenomanul
06-24-2007, 10:36 PM
Was a great, highly tense, highly entertaining game...
To me that's all that matters...

Plus it was good to see that the game wasn't marred by fighting, or ejections....

BradLohaus
06-24-2007, 10:42 PM
and were they playing in chicago or mexico city? spanish advertisements everywhere.....75% or more of the crowd was hispanic or mexican......AND IT WASN'T EVEN ON ESPN....what a joke

Did they chant Osama, Osama like in LA? :lol

BeerIsGood!
06-24-2007, 11:28 PM
Mexico is the futbol version of Dirk and the Mavs.

Talent but no balls. Shame.

The_Worlds_finest
06-24-2007, 11:49 PM
USA USA USA USA USA USA
once again the sore losers do not exchange jerseys disrespecting the beautiful game( even matchs between Israel and muslim countries follow this tradition)...the lead taking goal placed in an untouchable location was breath taking! AND If anybody was robbed it was when mexico was seeding and US was placed in the group of death last summer.

Typhoon
06-25-2007, 04:38 AM
Next victim:

http://www.1uptravel.com/flags/images/ar-mdflag.gif

Good luck against Argentina just saw their roster, fucking badass team they have.

Phenomanul
06-25-2007, 08:18 AM
USA USA USA USA USA USA
once again the sore losers do not exchange jerseys disrespecting the beautiful game( even matchs between Israel and muslim countries follow this tradition)...the lead taking goal placed in an untouchable location was breath taking! AND If anybody was robbed it was when mexico was seeding and US was placed in the group of death last summer.


What game did you watch?

At least 8 players swapped Jerseys... Much to the chagrin of an intellectually dishonest ESPN cast who reported the opposite.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2007, 09:43 AM
Next victim:

http://www.1uptravel.com/flags/images/ar-mdflag.gif
yes, you beat Mexico, with your A squad... Argentina with your B squad?... yeah I don't think so buddy :lol But good luck anyway


USA USA USA USA USA USA
once again the sore losers do not exchange jerseys disrespecting the beautiful game( even matchs between Israel and muslim countries follow this tradition)...the lead taking goal placed in an untouchable location was breath taking! AND If anybody was robbed it was when mexico was seeding and US was placed in the group of death last summer.
no offense bro, but USA wasn't in the group of death. The group of death was Holland, Argentina, Ivory Coast, and Serbia & Montenegro.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2007, 09:47 AM
Hate to bring this up but if USA beats Argentina it would be:

1990 World Cup: Cameroon beats Argetina 1-0 part IIYou do know Argentina went on the finals in that World Cup don't you? so really, I wouldn't mind another scenario like that :lol Except of course for the finals result... I really don't like Germany... :lol

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2007, 11:12 AM
I just want to say I think its pretty lame that the US doesn't bring their best players to the America Cup. You get invited to participate in the most important international tournament of the Western hemisphere and you decide to use this invitation to field a team without Dempsey, Ching, Beasly, Bradley or even Donovan?

SAtown
06-25-2007, 01:42 PM
USA USA USA USA USA USA
once again the sore losers do not exchange jerseys disrespecting the beautiful game( even matchs between Israel and muslim countries follow this tradition)...the lead taking goal placed in an untouchable location was breath taking! AND If anybody was robbed it was when mexico was seeding and US was placed in the group of death last summer.

USA and Mexico have been known to not exchange jerseys at the end of the game. Like the above poster said, some players did exchange jerseys, like Salcido and Donovan.

dallaskd
06-25-2007, 01:45 PM
so who won?

SAtown
06-25-2007, 01:52 PM
Mexico is the futbol version of Dirk and the Mavs.

Talent but no balls. Shame.

Yes, because soccer is so much like basketball. Anyways, Mexico have Carlos Salcido (champion with PSV in Dutch Eredivisie), Osorio and Pardo (champions with Stuttgart in Bundesliga), Rafa Marquez (last years Champions League winner with Barca and runner up in La Liga). Don't compare this team to the Mavericks because of one game alone.

And if you want to talk about balls, or lack thereof, refer to last years USA performance in Germany.

greenroom
06-25-2007, 05:23 PM
I just want to say I think its pretty lame that the US doesn't bring their best players to the America Cup. You get invited to participate in the most important international tournament of the Western hemisphere and you decide to use this invitation to field a team without Dempsey, Ching, Beasly, Bradley or even Donovan?


Had this tourney not come right after the Gold Cup I am sure they would have. And even thou the Copa America is a bigger tourney as far as the what the world is concerned about. And remember that the US has originally declined to go to the Copa America. The Gold Cup is what got the US into the most important Tourney before the World Cup the 2009 FIFA Confederations Cup. So that is why they had the "A" roster for the Gold Cup. Even if they had won the Copa America they would not of been able to get into the Confederations Cup.

Marcus Bryant
06-25-2007, 06:11 PM
And if you want to talk about balls, or lack thereof, refer to last years USA performance in Germany.

Yes, especially the match against Italy.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2007, 06:19 PM
Yes, especially the match against Italy.:lol come on Marcus! Moral victories don't mean squat! so you tied with the eventual champion... you still didn't make it past the first round. Not making it out of the first round is bad no matter how you look at it. In 2002 when Argentina lost in the first round it was because we played like shit, no two ways around that.

Marcus Bryant
06-25-2007, 08:24 PM
:lol come on Marcus! Moral victories don't mean squat! so you tied with the eventual champion... you still didn't make it past the first round. Not making it out of the first round is bad no matter how you look at it. In 2002 when Argentina lost in the first round it was because we played like shit, no two ways around that.

Eh, the assertion was that the US didn't play with any nuts in last year's World Cup and that match showed anything but.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2007, 09:23 PM
Eh, the assertion was that the US didn't play with any nuts in last year's World Cup and that match showed anything but.I see, so you tied one game and lost the other 3, that's playing with nuts? Personally I thought the US was good enough to make it out of that group.

Spurologist
06-25-2007, 09:53 PM
You do know Argentina went on the finals in that World Cup don't you? so really, I wouldn't mind another scenario like that :lol Except of course for the finals result... I really don't like Germany... :lol

I'm just talking about the magnitude of the upset. Argentina was on top of the world led by Maradona. The world gave Cameroon a 0% chance to win and they pulled off the upset with a Oman Biyik header that will be the shining moment in Cameroon's history.

Just think about it. Argetina has world class player in Messi/Tevez. Argetina is bringing their A+ team. USA is sending out their C team in Venezuela with players no one has heard off. It's the same scenario. If USA wins with a similar result like Cameroon had in 1990, USA will officially be on the map as a soccer power. They will get respect all over the world. They sure as hell didn't get none from Mexico.

The_Worlds_finest
06-25-2007, 10:25 PM
US was in the group with the eventual winners, for a mexico fan to even talk shit about a team that has dominated your countries team for the last 7 years is as almost as idiotic to believe your crap team would have made it out of the group.

You should keep your mouth shut when talking world cup history, 002 the only time us and mexico met up We sent your asses home...

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2007, 10:25 PM
I'm just talking about the magnitude of the upset. Argentina was on top of the world led by Maradona. The world gave Cameroon a 0% chance to win and they pulled off the upset with a Oman Biyik header that will be the shining moment in Cameroon's history.

Just think about it. Argetina has world class player in Messi/Tevez. Argetina is bringing their A+ team. USA is sending out their C team in Venezuela with players no one has heard off. It's the same scenario. If USA wins with a similar result like Cameroon had in 1990, USA will officially be on the map as a soccer power. They will get respect all over the world. They sure as hell didn't get none from Mexico.
Are you serious?? :lmao you think one game will give you respect of the whole world and put you on the map?? Now if you end up going past the group round and Argentina doesn't BECAUSE of that loss, then yeah, I would have to agree. Still, its all hypothetical, you're not going to win, not with the team you've fielded.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2007, 10:34 PM
my prediction for the Group C matches are as follows

Paraguay 2 - 1 Colombia
Argentina 4 - 1 USA
USA 1 - 2 Paraguay
Argentina 2 - 0 Colombia
Colombia 1 - 0 USA
Argentina 2 - 1 Paraguay

No offense to the US, but it doesn't seem as though they're interested in winning this tournament, so they might as well get sent home early. Still I could see one game going the US' way, just not the one against us

The_Worlds_finest
06-25-2007, 10:44 PM
Ill admit I wish they were fielding thier WC squad, but US won thier region and will be invited to the confederations cup of 09 and bet your arse the WC squad will be ready to whoop some ass then

Spurologist
06-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Are you serious?? :lmao you think one game will give you respect of the whole world and put you on the map?? Now if you end up going past the group round and Argentina doesn't BECAUSE of that loss, then yeah, I would have to agree. Still, its all hypothetical, you're not going to win, not with the team you've fielded.

Dude. Wake up. Did you even watch the 1990 World Cup? That game literally put Cameroon on the map. ONE GAME. They became known as the "Indomitable Lions." I know this because I was there in Cameroon when it happened. Schools cancelled, shops closed, bars packed....the whole country in euphoria. Of course this isn't the world cup and the US could give less of a shit about soccer, but the US loves a winner. The chances are so little for the US to win that more people will actually start to pay attention if the US wins. :lmao You say it's hypothetical then you say the US is not going to win. WTF? A little bitter? If it's hypothetical because it depends on the US winning or not.

If US wins, they will be on the map.

Believe that.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-26-2007, 12:38 AM
my prediction for the Group C matches are as follows

Paraguay 2 - 1 Colombia
Argentina 4 - 1 USA
USA 1 - 2 Paraguay
Argentina 2 - 0 Colombia
Colombia 1 - 0 USA
Argentina 2 - 1 Paraguay

No offense to the US, but it doesn't seem as though they're interested in winning this tournament, so they might as well get sent home early. Still I could see one game going the US' way, just not the one against us

You're too cocky. Anything can happen, specially in football. You can shoot 30 times on target, hit the post, the opposition goalie have the game of his life, miss easy chances, and get hit in the only counter attack the opposition had and lose 1-0. Football isn't a logical-statswise game like Basketball.

And I will say this before the tournament starts. I don't like Basile, I don't like the way he makes his team play, his style of coaching, his handling of the squad and some of the names in the list.

Goalies:
Roberto Abbondanzieri
Juan Pablo Carrizo
Agustín Orión

Defenders:
Javier Zanetti
Roberto Ayala
Gabriel Heinze
Gabriel Milito
Daniel Díaz
Hugo Ibarra
Nicolás Burdisso

Midfielders:
Luis González
Juan Román Riquelme
Javier Mascherano
Esteban Cambiasso
Fernando Gago
Juan Sebastián Verón
Pablo Aimar

Forwards:
Lionel Messi
Hernán Crespo
Diego Milito
Carlos Tevez
Rodrigo Palacio

Specially I don't like those 4 that I highlighted.

Diaz is just crap for real international competition. Basile overrates the local league and the Libertadores. I hope he is out of the squad as soon as the World Cup qualifiers start.

Veron...what else can I say? A shitty team mate, big-mouthed, prima donna who believes himself to be much better than he really is. He won't make it to the next World Cup (too old), so there isn't much of a point in taking him.

Riquelme is a nice guy, and a great player....but only for Boca. He hasn't proven yet to be a team player, he always needs a team that plays for him, rather than him playing for the team. And his failure when playing against European teams (with Barcelona, Villareal or Argentina), makes me think that he could have a great Copa America and World Cup Qualifiers. But I wouldn't take him to South Africa, unless he can prove that he can play for the team and against fast paced European competition.

Palacio just doesn't seem to have it right now. He is missing too many chances, and he has Messi and Tevez there in front of him. I would have taken Pavone, a player that in my point of view is the the best candidate for the long lost Batistuta-esque striker.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-26-2007, 12:52 AM
Dude. Wake up. Did you even watch the 1990 World Cup? That game literally put Cameroon on the map. ONE GAME. They became known as the "Indomitable Lions." I know this because I was there in Cameroon when it happened. Schools cancelled, shops closed, bars packed....the whole country in euphoria. Of course this isn't the world cup and the US could give less of a shit about soccer, but the US loves a winner. The chances are so little for the US to win that more people will actually start to pay attention if the US wins. :lmao You say it's hypothetical then you say the US is not going to win. WTF? A little bitter? If it's hypothetical because it depends on the US winning or not.

If US wins, they will be on the map.

Believe that.

Actually Cameroon became known before that. In the 1982 World Cup they held Poland, Peru and Italy to draws in the group stage. And after that victory against Argentina in 1990 they made it into the quarter finals. What I mean is that group stages upsets are meaningless for reputation if you don't advance into the knockout stages.

A single match doesn't put a footballing nation on the map. The US is already on the map, it's just that they are in the third-fighiting-to-get-into-second string in the world order.

The US beat England back in 1950. They've already beaten Argentina twice, once in the 1995 Copa America and in a friendly played in Washington D.C. around 1999.

Consistency during decades, sucess at club level, sucess at national team level in senior and youth tournaments, strong local league, players in the top teams of the world. Those kind of things create reputations. Rome wasn't build in a day.

BeerIsGood!
06-26-2007, 01:26 AM
The best American athletes don't play futbol, and didn't grow up playing it. If they did, the US would be a world power.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2007, 09:17 AM
The US does have some favorable trends when it comes to football. First, a lot of kids play soccer at a young age. Granted, this has been true for some time, but at a minimum it's a requirement if you the US is to improve its performance long-term in the sport. In addition to that, the US has a fast growing Hispanic population and football for that group does not just mean the NFL. Then you have the MLS. I think the only way American athletes and the population at large begins to take football seriously instead of being something you play when you are growing up ala four-square, dodgeball, and tetherball is for a real league who pays real money and is on television to exist.

Extra Stout
06-26-2007, 09:18 AM
The best American athletes don't play futbol, and didn't grow up playing it. If they did, the US would be a world power.
The best American athetes play American football, of course. If any other country played it, we could compare.

Spurologist
06-26-2007, 10:03 AM
Actually Cameroon became known before that. In the 1982 World Cup they held Poland, Peru and Italy to draws in the group stage. And after that victory against Argentina in 1990 they made it into the quarter finals. What I mean is that group stages upsets are meaningless for reputation if you don't advance into the knockout stages.

A single match doesn't put a footballing nation on the map. The US is already on the map, it's just that they are in the third-fighiting-to-get-into-second string in the world order.

The US beat England back in 1950. They've already beaten Argentina twice, once in the 1995 Copa America and in a friendly played in Washington D.C. around 1999.

Consistency during decades, sucess at club level, sucess at national team level in senior and youth tournaments, strong local league, players in the top teams of the world. Those kind of things create reputations. Rome wasn't build in a day.

Agreed. That Cameroon victory wouldn't nearly have had the same impact if they didn't reach the quarters. But because they did, that victory is the single most important victory in Cameroon/African football. Senegal then followed Cameroon by being the second African team to reach the quarters in 02. All those matches in 1982 that you mentioned are meaningless because you rightly stated that they didn't advanced past the group stage. Beating Argentina did. Peru/Poland probably weren't half as good as Argentina was in 1990. Cameroon went on to advance past the group stage and in retrospect it put them on the fooball map. Before, African teams were nothing but the JV league in the world of fooball. What I am getting at is no matter how look at it, one victory has a domino effect on everything that follows. Rome wasn't built in a day, but without the rise to the throne of Augutus Rome wouldn't as well known as it is today.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Agreed. That Cameroon victory wouldn't nearly have had the same impact if they didn't reach the quarters. But because they did, that victory is the single most important victory in Cameroon/African football. Senegal then followed Cameroon by being the second African team to reach the quarters in 02. All those matches in 1982 that you mentioned are meaningless because you rightly stated that they didn't advanced past the group stage. Beating Argentina did. Peru/Poland probably weren't half as good as Argentina was in 1990. Cameroon went on to advance past the group stage and in retrospect it put them on the fooball map. Before, African teams were nothing but the JV league in the world of fooball. What I am getting at is no matter how look at it, one victory has a domino effect on everything that follows. Rome wasn't built in a day, but without the rise to the throne of Augutus Rome wouldn't as well known as it is today.so basically you just agreed with what I said. An early upset in the first round doesn't mean shit unless you make it to the second round. You're acting as if a win against Argentina will automatically put the US among the elite, and thats bullshit no matter how much you want to believe it. I will give you this, a loss to the US "B" team, with the team we're carrying now would probably be a big embarassment to us.

Perhaps it is true what Manu'sMagicalLeftHand said. Perhaps I am being too cocky, perhaps...

It is true that a match could go either way depending on various factors. Still, its not all chance, and we most certainly have a better team than the US, with better individual talent, and that's comparing it to their "A" team, their "B" team in theory, shouldn't give us any trouble.

Personally I wouldn't call it being cocky, would you not expect Brasil to beat say... Venezuela? its a similar scenario here, except I'm being charitable because I fully believe Venezuela would beat the team the US is bringing on Thursday. The US isn't a bad team, not when they have all their stars, but I'm sorry if I'm not scared of their "B" team.

Having said that, I wish the Americans luck on Thursday! May the best team win

EDIT: P.S. I would also like to reiterate that like Manu'sMagicalLeftHand mentioned earlier, the US has already beaten a good Argentina team in 1995 in what has come to be remembered as a great upset, and yet, the US still has never really been considered a grade A team, has it? In fact if I remember correctly the US even made it to the semifinals that year. It was a great performance by the US squad, which is all the more proof that one upset doesn't change a thing unless you can back it up with continous success. Of course, beating teams like Argentina, Brasil, Italy so on and so forth, is a pretty darn good way of starting up the ladder.

Phenomanul
06-26-2007, 02:46 PM
The US has been a top 20 team for at least a decade.... That much is certain.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-26-2007, 04:09 PM
The best American athletes don't play futbol, and didn't grow up playing it. If they did, the US would be a world power.

Futbol is not only athleticism. If it was, African teams would have been dominating the sport for the last 30 years. There is a lot in the mix, just watch people like Diego from Brazil, french Zidane, Messi or Riquelme from Argentina. They don't look at athletes at all, yet they are tremendously talented and smart.

From what I've seen in the US developing, they have a good trend of mixing the British/European fast paced style with the strength of the African teams. They just need some more Latino blood there to make the team more skilled. The sport is played at youth levels, but not enough. I mean, sport academies, clubs, schools, that's fine. But what Argentina and Brazil have is thousands of kids playing everyday in the streets, beaches and parks, in what would be the equal to a basketball playground.

SAtown
06-26-2007, 05:02 PM
Copa America is starting right now.

Uruguay vs Peru, then Venezuela vs Bolivia.

I'm saying Uruguay 2 - 0 Peru, and Venezuela 2 - 1 Bolivia

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2007, 05:08 PM
I say Peru 1 - Uruguay 0 and Venezuela 2 - Bolivia 0

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2007, 05:32 PM
...ahem :lol

SAtown
06-26-2007, 05:36 PM
nice :tu

The commentators on Telefutura suck balls. Pablo Ramirez is very annoying.

Spurologist
06-26-2007, 06:28 PM
GolTV

Ray Hudson is GOD

Spurologist
06-26-2007, 06:36 PM
Holy Shit. What a goal!!!!!!!!1 by Peru

Spurologist
06-26-2007, 06:53 PM
so basically you just agreed with what I said. An early upset in the first round doesn't mean shit unless you make it to the second round. You're acting as if a win against Argentina will automatically put the US among the elite, and thats bullshit no matter how much you want to believe it. I will give you this, a loss to the US "B" team, with the team we're carrying now would probably be a big embarassment to us.

Perhaps it is true what Manu'sMagicalLeftHand said. Perhaps I am being too cocky, perhaps...

It is true that a match could go either way depending on various factors. Still, its not all chance, and we most certainly have a better team than the US, with better individual talent, and that's comparing it to their "A" team, their "B" team in theory, shouldn't give us any trouble.

Personally I wouldn't call it being cocky, would you not expect Brasil to beat say... Venezuela? its a similar scenario here, except I'm being charitable because I fully believe Venezuela would beat the team the US is bringing on Thursday. The US isn't a bad team, not when they have all their stars, but I'm sorry if I'm not scared of their "B" team.

Having said that, I wish the Americans luck on Thursday! May the best team win

EDIT: P.S. I would also like to reiterate that like Manu'sMagicalLeftHand mentioned earlier, the US has already beaten a good Argentina team in 1995 in what has come to be remembered as a great upset, and yet, the US still has never really been considered a grade A team, has it? In fact if I remember correctly the US even made it to the semifinals that year. It was a great performance by the US squad, which is all the more proof that one upset doesn't change a thing unless you can back it up with continous success. Of course, beating teams like Argentina, Brasil, Italy so on and so forth, is a pretty darn good way of starting up the ladder.

I could talk about this forever but let's let the game speak

Thursday June 27, 2007

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2007, 07:08 PM
well I'll be damned :lol, it sure does seem as though Peru is here to win this thing. I thought they were going to win, but not crush. Great game by Peru

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2007, 07:39 PM
pfff... leave it to Chavez to schedule the first game of the cup at the same time as the opening ceremony. They just said Evo Morales, Chavez and Maradona were seen together at the ceremony... I guess the Three Stooges are trying to make a comeback... what a fucking joke. Right now, I'm ashamed that Maradona is Argentinian. I've actually been ashamed of his sorry ass for quite some time. Great football player, a fucking idiot at everything else (except at being a talk show host here in Argentina... but lets face it, being a fucking idiot is practically a requisite there).