PDA

View Full Version : IF the Suns get KG, the Spurs can't compete w/o a major offseason move

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-24-2007, 11:39 AM
IF that means Noc or Scola(makes more sense), but the Spurs had hard enough a time beating the Suns this year. But with the upgrade of KG playing with Amare on the post Duncan isn't good enough to off set 2 big man all stars

FromWayDowntown
06-24-2007, 11:42 AM
If the Suns give up Amare for KG, I'd completely disagree. And if the Suns don't give up Amare, I'm not sure that they'll end up getting KG.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-24-2007, 11:53 AM
Amare isn't being TOUCHED

but Marion is gone with some else like a Barbosa or Bell

AFBlue
06-24-2007, 11:56 AM
Suns won't get KG. It's rumored that they're now trying to use their multiple draft picks to land a star player....my guess is that it would precede someone leaving the Suns, be it Amare or Marion.

Extra Stout
06-24-2007, 12:22 PM
If the Spurs get a lab clone of Bill Russell in his prime, the Suns can't compete w/o a defensive upgrade

If that means Kobe or KG(makes more sense), but the Suns had hard enough a time beating the Spurs this year. But with the upgrade of Russell playing with Duncan on the post Amare isn't good enough to off set 2 big man all stars

Extra Stout
06-24-2007, 12:23 PM
Amare isn't being TOUCHED

but Marion is gone with some else like a Barbosa or Bell
You are likelier to learn not to panic over ridiculous BS, than the Suns are to get KG without trading Amare.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-24-2007, 12:26 PM
If the Suns give up Amare for KG, I'd completely disagree. And if the Suns don't give up Amare, I'm not sure that they'll end up getting KG.

What he said.

ChumpDumper
06-24-2007, 12:29 PM
Sure McHale is an idiot, but Garnett is his final card to play. A Marion trade makes zero sense as their contracts expire at the same time. If you're just planning on rebuilding from scratch after the big money player leaves, it makes more sense to keep the box office draw in the meantime.

ChumpDumper
06-24-2007, 12:32 PM
and :lol @ saying Scola is the "major move" needed to counter KG to the Suns.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-24-2007, 12:34 PM
I think that we'd be better off by keeping Marion than Amare. Marion is really the perfect fit for our system, and while he might not be the most humble guy, he makes alot of hustle plays and really helps us on the board. Marion is why we made the WCF in 2006 after Amare went down. Plus, we need him for his perimeter defense. If we get rid of him, that means Nash will have to guard Parker... and we all know how that turns out.

Plus, Amare has really been wearing thin on me. If you read the book seven seconds or less, you can really tell that he's egotistical and lazy, and Raja, D'Antoni, and Nash have all been calling him out throughout the year for his selfish play and not playing as a team. He plays shitty defense, doesn't rebound as well as he should, and always takes himself out of games by getting into fould trouble. And you can bet your ass there's no way Garnett gets off the bench in game five.

cherylsteele
06-24-2007, 12:47 PM
Some people seem to think that the Suns can just add a player and have to lose anything to get KG. The Suns might get KG but will have to lose alot to get him and that might hurt them more than it could help them. Of course I could be wrong but I just don't see the Suns getting KG....unless they really give up too much.

IMHO, the Suns would be better off getting a more defensive-minded, serviceable big man like the Spurs have done with Elson, Ely, and such. This way they get someone half-ay decent and not be giving up a big core of their team.

judaspriestess
06-24-2007, 12:48 PM
I think that we'd be better off by keeping Marion than Amare. Marion is really the perfect fit for our system, and while he might not be the most humble guy, he makes alot of hustle plays and really helps us on the board. Marion is why we made the WCF in 2006 after Amare went down. Plus, we need him for his perimeter defense. If we get rid of him, that means Nash will have to guard Parker... and we all know how that turns out.

Plus, Amare has really been wearing thin on me. If you read the book seven seconds or less, you can really tell that he's egotistical and lazy, and Raja, D'Antoni, and Nash have all been calling him out throughout the year for his selfish play and not playing as a team. He plays shitty defense, doesn't rebound as well as he should, and always takes himself out of games by getting into fould trouble. And you can bet your ass there's no way Garnett gets off the bench in game five.

based on what you say Amare is a goner. The feelings probably run both ways

SAGambler
06-24-2007, 12:48 PM
Just how well would KG fit into the Suns offense? I just can't see him being able to keep up with the way the group they have now runs up and down the court. I think KG has too many NBA miles on his body to put out that type of effort. And if they can only get 10mpg or so out of him, what would they want with him to begin with?

confined
06-24-2007, 12:53 PM

i agree, you could even tell in the all-star game that he was trying to get the MVP. I don't think he passed the ball once

OldDirtMcGirt
06-24-2007, 01:12 PM
Just how well would KG fit into the Suns offense? I just can't see him being able to keep up with the way the group they have now runs up and down the court. I think KG has too many NBA miles on his body to put out that type of effort. And if they can only get 10mpg or so out of him, what would they want with him to begin with?

KG is one of the best athletes in the NBA. And this season he averaged 34 points with 15.5 rebounds per game. I'd say he can keep up and then some.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2007, 01:17 PM
KG is one of the best athletes in the NBA. And this season he averaged 34 points with 15.5 rebounds per game. I'd say he can keep up and then some.
:wtf He averaged 22.4 points and 14.8 rebounds this season.

ChumpDumper
06-24-2007, 01:18 PM
He's talking about his splits against the Suns.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2007, 01:23 PM
Oh. :dizzy

OldDirtMcGirt
06-24-2007, 01:23 PM

Yeah, I should've made that more clear. KG is probably the most versatile player in the NBA right now, he can do well in really any system.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Yeah, I should've made that more clear. KG is probably the most versatile player in the NBA right now, he can do well in really any system.
:tu

dbreiden83080
06-24-2007, 01:30 PM
The size of these contracts are so big i don't see it happening. KG and his agent are doing some posturing but the Wolves are not going to hand him to the Suns and let them keep Amare, not happening.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-24-2007, 01:30 PM
IF that means Noc or Scola(makes more sense), but the Spurs had hard enough a time beating the Suns this year. But with the upgrade of KG playing with Amare on the post Duncan isn't good enough to off set 2 big man all stars
In the words of Ron White, "Next time you have a thought, let it go."

RC's Boss
06-24-2007, 01:58 PM
To me, he's just like Amare w/ no back to the basket game... Unless he's playing against skinny assed fours. He may be some talented, multi-dimensional type guy, but trading Amare to get him, won't make the Suns any better. It's not like KG guards Tim most of the game and vice versa. He's too lightweight to guard Tim. I'm sorry, but IMO, KG is nothing but a stat stuffer.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-24-2007, 02:04 PM
To me, he's just like Amare w/ no back to the basket game... Unless he's playing against skinny assed fours. He may be some talented, multi-dimensional type guy, but trading Amare to get him, won't make the Suns any better. It's not like KG guards Tim most of the game and vice versa. He's too lightweight to guard Tim. I'm sorry, but IMO, KG is nothing but a stat stuffer.

Amare has a back to the basket game?! First I've heard of it. And KG is worlds ahead of Amare in defense and rebounding.

And Garnett is practically the same size as Duncan. I think that Timmy has like a whopping five pounds on him.

dbreiden83080
06-24-2007, 02:12 PM
Amare has a back to the basket game?! First I've heard of it. And KG is worlds ahead of Amare in defense and rebounding.

And Garnett is practically the same size as Duncan. I think that Timmy has like a whopping five pounds on him.

Duncan is much stronger than KG he can back him down with ease and score on him. KG gives Duncan problems as well when he is offense mainly because he shoots fadeaway jumpers so much that are hard to contest but when Duncan is in that low block KG is not strong enough to check him.

Ya Vez
06-24-2007, 02:12 PM
so kg and tim would cancel each other out in a game... you still have to stop parker and ginobili... if a trade involves marion, bell or barbosa I would think the suns would get weaker.. we can through another big man at amare or kg so the trade would make no sense in my opinion...

WalterBenitez
06-24-2007, 04:24 PM
If KG stay on the west in another team we need to go ahead big boys to stop him

dbestpro
06-24-2007, 04:34 PM
KG will go the the Suns only for Stoudamire. Suns cannot afford three max contracts even with Marion off the books. KG to the Suns for anybody but Stoudamire is a dead issue and Kerr has said as much.
Look for Marion to go to Boston with the top pick of Boston going to the Suns. In the last two days the Suns have been working out Hoford and Brewer. The agents for those players would not send them to the Suns for a workout unless there was a strong indication that someone is getting moved for a top pick. The only candidate the Suns have is Marion.
The most likely spot for KG remains Chicago with a growing chance that he could get traded for Nowitski straight up.

Russ
06-24-2007, 04:46 PM
Why does everyone look at these offseason moves like they occur in some fantasy league? Like "With KG, the Suns' stolen base total will guarantee them a title."

Lateral superstar moves almost never work. Karl Malone and Payton didn't win the Lakers a title. AI and Melo aren't much better than the Nuggets pre-AI. The Knicks have brought in almost every aging star (which KG is). New Jersey has Kidd and Vince Carter, etc., etc.

As long as D'Antoni is Phoenix' coach, the Spurs will match up fine with that team.

dbreiden83080
06-24-2007, 05:27 PM
KG will go the the Suns only for Stoudamire. Suns cannot afford three max contracts even with Marion off the books. KG to the Suns for anybody but Stoudamire is a dead issue and Kerr has said as much.
Look for Marion to go to Boston with the top pick of Boston going to the Suns. In the last two days the Suns have been working out Hoford and Brewer. The agents for those players would not send them to the Suns for a workout unless there was a strong indication that someone is getting moved for a top pick. The only candidate the Suns have is Marion.
The most likely spot for KG remains Chicago with a growing chance that he could get traded for Nowitski straight up.

Why would Boston give up their 5th pick for Marion he is not worth that not even close, plus he can opt out after next year.

tsb2000
06-25-2007, 12:03 AM
Amare is a BYC player and KG makes $21M next year. The trade can't happen by the rules of the CBA. The Suns would have to give up half the team with Amare to make the dollars work.

On the other hand, Marion, by way of being the highest paid person on the Suns, is all but a goner. The Suns are $12M over the cap next year. Moves must be made unless Sarver is going to write some Cuban-esque checks to the league.

All of that calling Amare out by Nash and others is true, though. IMO, he is selfish- not to mention stupid. It's too bad he doesn't realize he's only a powerhouse player because Nash is feeding him the ball. Maybe Amare should ask Joe Johnson how well he's faring as "the man" in Atlanta? :lol

dbreiden83080
06-25-2007, 12:23 AM
It's too bad he doesn't realize he's only a powerhouse player because Nash is feeding him the ball. Maybe Amare should ask Joe Johnson how well he's faring as "the man" in Atlanta? :lol

It is a 2 way street. Who the hell ever called Nash one of the great PG's ever when he was in Dallas? Nobody even thought he was in the conversation as the best PG in the league. The Suns have the perfect system for him and with Amare being such a great finisher they have really helped eachother out. Lets not start overating Nash and underating Amare here. You have to be fair if Nash was seen as so great in his Dallas years Cuban never would have let him go. Cuban wants to win probably more than any owner in the NBA.

some_user86
06-25-2007, 12:34 AM
It is a 2 way street. Who the hell ever called Nash one of the great PG's ever when he was in Dallas? Nobody even thought he was in the conversation as the best PG in the league. The Suns have the perfect system for him and with Amare being such a great finisher they have really helped eachother out. Lets not start overating Nash and underating Amare here. You have to be fair if Nash was seen as so great in his Dallas years Cuban never would have let him go. Cuban wants to win probably more than any owner in the NBA.

Oh, we have the perfect example of what happens if Amare doesn't play. Nash still plays like a MVP, a la 2006. You are severely overating Amare. Nash does not need Amare for the Suns to play well.

Avitus1
06-25-2007, 12:57 AM
Maybe the T-Wolves should try to get Kobe I bet that would get KG to stay.....

:dizzy

OldDirtMcGirt
06-25-2007, 01:00 AM

How did Nash do without Amare in 2006? The biggest reason Dallas moved Nash is they thought his back was just going to totally break down.

dbreiden83080
06-25-2007, 01:04 AM
How did Nash do without Amare in 2006? The biggest reason Dallas moved Nash is they thought his back was just going to totally break down.

Nash is better than Amare i am not saying that he isn't but who the hell was Nash when he was in Dallas? Be honest was he an MVP, was he even a legit top 2 PG in the league? The answer is HELL NO!! It is not a coincidence that his stock has risen through the roof since he went to the Suns. Guys like Duncan and Shaq dominate anywhere Nash, not so much.

Dave McNulla
06-25-2007, 01:05 AM
if the suns did get kg for marion and others, they would be so shallow.

i don't know how kg helps them, really. if he going to play center? power forward? small forward?

SenorSpur
06-25-2007, 01:20 AM
No need to fret over the possibility of KG going to PHX. Unless the Suns are prepared to "unass" Amare in exchange, it aint happening.

This is a deal that likely will not get done.

sprrs
06-25-2007, 01:37 AM
Nash is better than Amare i am not saying that he isn't but who the hell was Nash when he was in Dallas? Be honest was he an MVP, was he even a legit top 2 PG in the league? The answer is HELL NO!! It is not a coincidence that his stock has risen through the roof since he went to the Suns. Guys like Duncan and Shaq dominate anywhere Nash, not so much.

He was playing with Dirk Nowitzki, a still in his prime Michael Finley, and Nick Van Exel playing out of his mind. Of course he's gonna get lost in that kind of talent. Why do you think Duncan rarely gets recognition for MVP anymore? Because the talent surrounding him makes him seem less noticeable.

pwilliam
06-25-2007, 01:44 AM
How did Nash do without Amare in 2006?

Nash averaged 18.9 pts (carreer high) to go along with 10.5 asts, and carried his team to the western conference finals. Isn't it enough to prove that Nash do not need Amare to be great?

smrattler
06-25-2007, 08:11 AM
I don't know why anyone would think Minny would trade KG for essentially Marion. Even Marion pulled the same opt-out threat that squashed the KG to Boston trade. Amare is not untouchable and I would not be surprised if Kerr traded him.

But I don't see KG replacing Amare as the big difference maker in terms of talent on the floor. The man can rebound though, which was a weakness they've had. And he plays hard on both ends of the floor. But the good thing for us is he doesn't attack the rim as much or as well as Amare, falling in love with the perimeter for long stretches, which is Ok with me.

So, for 10 yrs, we've seen KG gets his numbers against TD, but TD pretty much has his way with KG on the other end too. So, they cancel each other out. How is that different to what we see in the playoffs between TD and Amare? I don't see THAT much of a difference.

Findog
06-25-2007, 08:14 AM
Nothing is gonna happen with KG or Amare until July at the earliest:

By David Lord -- DB.com

Will the KG talks cool off for a while? And could the Mavs be angling to get the star to Dallas?

Minnesota has made it crystal clear that megastar Kevin Garnett is available, for the right deal. They are unquestionably taking calls and looking at offers.

But they have run into a problem, and from reading the tea leaves I think it's likely they go into "stall" mode.

I do believe the Twolves headed into this thinking they might trade KG now, with one or more very high draft picks a key part of the compensation. But as it's evolved, the teams with HIGH picks are problematic: either the total package isn't sufficient, KG would balk at the destination, or they arent offering them.

Instead, the teams emerging at the top of the list are the ones with lower picks (because they are big winners) and more developed talent.

Two of the main suitors rumored to be bidding for KG, Phoenix and Dallas (maybe THE two biggest candidates, given KG's requirement to go to a contender) can't really give them what they want right now. But "later" opens up added options.

In Phoenix, the only trades the Twolves really want center around Amare. BUT, Amare essentially can't be included in a trade until mid-July, because right now he is a "base-year" player, which complicates trades severely and usually makes the player untradeable. That restriction ends in July after the moratorium.

In Dallas, the problem there is putting together the amount of matching salary needed without Minny end up buried financially. However, in mid-July, the Mavs will gain the added ability to toss a sizable expiring contract into the mix (Croshere, via sign-and-trade) as filler.

Re Dallas getting KG, is it far-fetched? Sure. But most trades are. The key to note is that KG is being shopped, and the Mavs are widely rumored to be in the mix. If so, SOMETHING has to be on the table.

The most feasible trade I can envision would package Diop, Howard, Terry, and Croshere's expiring contract, along with a #1 pick, for KG and Davis (or Jaric). In addition, with the rumors swirling that Dallas is chasing a top-10 pick, it makes me wonder if that pick (player) is to be for Minnesota. Would either Charlotte or Atlanta be interested in JET for a pick as a 3rd team in a KG-to-Dallas trade? Diop, Howard, high pick (player already picked and then traded), plus expiring filler might be tough to refuse. This certainly does qualify as "blowing it up" with the inclusion of 2 of the top 3 Mavs' starters, plus a key reserve - but for KG, wouldn't you have to do it anyhow? I would. Pairing Dirk with a superstar of that magnitude would be deadly.

That would leave Dallas with a big-man rotation of Dirk, KG, and Dampier, with KG replacing Diop as the athletic agile "center" against smaller teams and Dampier still on board to battle against the big-ball guys. On the perimeter, you'd have Davis (or Jaric) and Harris starting at the guards, backed up by Stack (re-signed), Buckner, Ager, and Berea. They would still have the MLE and LLE to fill the SF slot in free agency and add more talent where needed.

Is it perfect? No. Are there overlaps to be worked out? Sure. But, it works for me.

The public pronouncements from the Twolves have been back and forth, one day he might be traded and the next he might not. But in looking at how this might be playing out, I think we are likely to see some stalling and the appearance that trade plans have been shelved. And then things heat back up in July.

Stay tuned - the summer is just starting to get interesting.

ArgSpursFan
06-25-2007, 08:17 AM
and :lol @ saying Scola is the "major move" needed to counter KG to the Suns.

Compared with the Elson move last year............................................um mmm,yeah it can be called a major move.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-25-2007, 08:27 AM
The OP probably got the idea that the Suns could land KG without losing Amare from Truehoop (Friday Bullets):

"TrueHoop reader Andy has a pretty clever trade to propose, now that it appears Garnett is trying to force his way to Phoenix, while the Suns don't want to give up Amare Stoudemire to get him: "How about this three way trade? Phoenix sends James Jones and Shawn Marion to the Lakers. Phoenix also sends the Hawks' first next year, a first this year, and Marcus Banks to the Minnesota. The Wolves send Garnett to Phoenix and Jaric to the Lakers. The Lakers send Vladimir Radmanoic to Phoenix, as well as Andrew Bynum, Kwame Brown and a resigned Luke Walton to Minnesota. In the end Phoenix gets Garnett without giving up any starters except Marion, and dumps Banks' contract. LA gets Marion without giving up Odom, giving them a starting five of Farmar, Kobe, Marion, Odom, and Mihm -- with Jaric (a big PG that Jackson will like), James Jones, Cook, and Turiaf coming off the bench. Theoretically a Marion/Odom/Kobe partnership might be enough to entice Kobe into sticking around. Minnesota gets Banks (who wasn't that bad in his time there) and swaps Brown's expiring contract for Jaric's bloated disaster. They really kickstart the rebuilding process with the Hawks' first next year, Walton, and Bynum -- which is potentially three-fifths of a starting line-up for a playoff team in three years or so. Obviously the deal requires Kobe deciding that Marion and Odom would be enough to convince him to stay, and the Timberwolves admitting they need to rebuild, and the Suns being willing to significantly improve the Lakers to get their hands on KG -- but I think all those conditions are possibly, if not likely. Not only do all three teams get something they need: PHX a potential answer to Duncan and resolution to the Amare/Marion issues, MIN gets good value for KG in a rough market, and LAL might get enough to convince Kobe to stay - all three teams get to shuffle around a deadweight contract into a system where they might be slightly more valuable. Jaric shot .375 on 3's last season, plays decent D, and is the kind of big PG Jackson loves to use. Banks wasn't bad in Minnesota, and VladRad would be a great complimentary piece in PHX. (The inclusion of Luke Walton, which can't be factored in to the trade machine, gives it a "false failure." Assume a contract starting at about five million for Walton and it would work. Too much higher than that and the Wolves could just ship Mark Madsen back to the Lakers to balance it out again. Please also note that the Wolves' draft picks don't show up in this scenario either."

http://myespn.go.com/nba/truehoop

The reason it won't happen is Minne doesn't get enough.

Also, the Dallas scenario described two posts above is interesting, and a bit of a concern, until you realise that they still wouldn't have a bona fide game closer as that has never been KG's specialty, just as Dirk often struggles.

Wouldn't it be nice if, just for once, a star player wentr east and our major contenders failed to build a juggernaut amongst them? It seems like every year someone builds a juggernaut in the West... 2004 it was the Lakers, 2006 the Mavs. Hopefully guys like KG and Kobe will realise that it's much easier to get to the Finals in the East, head that way, and give us some real Championship series again. With the decline of the Pistons, there are no real powers in the East right now.

RC's Boss
06-25-2007, 08:43 AM

I said, they are alike (having no back to the basket games) :madrun

GhostofAlfrederickHughes
06-25-2007, 08:54 AM
Let's just remember that when the Nuggets got Iverson, they were viewed as 'unstoppable' with the Anthony-AI tandem. The fact is, even IF the Suns land Garnett, it only makes them a better team "on paper." But really, has Garnett ever beaten Duncan in a playoff series? No. And just because you pair him with Nash and a decent supporting cast, it doesn't mean he will this time, either.

The beauty about winning championships is, you don't have to make moves in a panicked reaction to what everyone else does. If the Spurs went into next season with the same roster, they'd STILL be the favorites. No matter what smoke those in media want to blow up Phoenix and Dallas' a**.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-25-2007, 08:59 AM
Let's just remember that when the Nuggets got Iverson, they were viewed as 'unstoppable' with the Anthony-AI tandem. The fact is, even IF the Suns land Garnett, it only makes them a better team "on paper." But really, has Garnett ever beaten Duncan in a playoff series? No. And just because you pair him with Nash and a decent supporting cast, it doesn't mean he will this time, either.

Agreed, as long as KG isn't alongside Amare and Nash, or Howard and Dirk. We would have to worry about those scenarios. However, for that to happen Minne would have towould probably get shafted, and there are enough other decent offers out there that that won't happen... although stranger things have happened.

Findog
06-25-2007, 09:12 AM
Agreed, as long as KG isn't alongside Amare and Nash, or Howard and Dirk. We would have to worry about those scenarios. However, for that to happen Minne would have towould probably get shafted, and there are enough other decent offers out there that that won't happen... although stranger things have happened.

Garnett's only going to go to a strong, contending team. No team is going to mortgage their future to rent him for a year after he makes it clear he's going to opt out. Shit, him and Pierce and whatever is left of the Celtics roster have as good a chance as anybody to come out of the Least, but a Finals appearance is about all they're good for.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2007, 09:19 AM
Compared with the Elson move last year............................................um mmm,yeah it can be called a major move.Nope.

ArgSpursFan
06-25-2007, 09:27 AM
Nope.

yeap.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2007, 09:28 AM
Yeah, he's as good as Kevin Garnett :rolleyes

ArgSpursFan
06-25-2007, 09:30 AM
nope.
better tham the Elson move last year??????

yeap

ChumpDumper
06-25-2007, 09:31 AM
Nah, Elson actually played in the NBA. You can't even predict what Scola will do here even though I asked you half a dozen times.

MoSpur
06-25-2007, 09:35 AM
Last off-season was one of the most dull, boring, non-exciting off-season for the Spurs and the Spurs won a championship. I'm not worried about what Phoenix does.

tmtcsc
06-25-2007, 12:52 PM
Phoenix doesn't scare me. Bring KG, keep Amare...I don't care. We will beat them all day long, every year until they play defense and get a back-up to give Nash a break.

Dallas is still our biggest competition.

florige
06-25-2007, 01:03 PM
You are likelier to learn not to panic over ridiculous BS, than the Suns are to get KG without trading Amare.

I agree. KG is more than likely going to an Eastern team or staying put.

tsb2000
06-25-2007, 02:48 PM
Ok, I'm gonna say it. The reason I'm not worried about KG coming to Phoenix isn't because of Duncan being better than KG and/or Amare (he is), but it's because Tony Parker is better than Steve Nash. Period. Media opinions be damned. There's only 1 finals MVP, and Parker has the trophy.

There. I said it. :)

OldDirtMcGirt
06-25-2007, 03:35 PM
Phoenix doesn't scare me. Bring KG, keep Amare...I don't care. We will beat them all day long, every year until they play defense and get a back-up to give Nash a break.

Dallas is still our biggest competition.

KG has what... eight all defensive selections? That's the reason we're looking into him.

tmtcsc
06-25-2007, 04:48 PM
KG has never won a playoff series against us. He's a great player, and a hell of a competitor but Tim wears him down near the end of games. Isn't Kurt Thomas a FA too ?

OldDirtMcGirt
06-25-2007, 06:01 PM
KG has never won a playoff series against us. He's a great player, and a hell of a competitor but Tim wears him down near the end of games. Isn't Kurt Thomas a FA too ?

No. I believe Kurt exercised his player option.