PDA

View Full Version : Charles Ingram-Spurs connection = BIG!

Clutch20
06-24-2007, 03:01 PM
This past weekend I spent some time chillin with talented artist Charles Ingram and his lovely family at his home for a weekend barbecue. And that boy can grill!

Charles is a diehard Spurs fan and had the opportunity to show his appreciation for the NBA Champs when he originated and painted the giant 90 ft. size mural of South Texas History that stretches across the top of the lobby at the AT&T Center.

http://i138.photobucket.com/albums/q266/andygamezusa/HistOfTex.jpg
My brother-in-law, a self-professed Mavs fan took a lot of ribbing yesterday because he had to wear a Spurs tshirt all day long as part of a bet that he lost for some reason.

Charles' art studio was jammed with paintings of various sizes and subjects, completed and partly finished.

I was blown away, such a body of work by a talented artist, Spurs fan to boot (no pun intended)

(shameless plug time)

Currently, Charles owns his own business producing artwork for public and private clients. Public works include mural works for the NBA Final Four; the NIKE All Star Jam; Wendy’s- Austin, Texas; Bill Millers-Pflugerville, Texas; Barnacle Bills-San Antonio, Texas; On The Border Restaurant-San Antonio, Texas; AT&T Center-San Antonio, Texas and various other restaurants and private residences in San Antonio an Austin.

exstatic
06-24-2007, 07:26 PM
Art SPAM?

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-24-2007, 08:11 PM
I can't say I knew the name of the man who did that mural, but now I do.

:tu to Charles Ingram.

Avitus1
06-25-2007, 01:04 AM
That Mural is amazing. Props to Charles Ingram.

Clutch20
06-25-2007, 08:51 AM
It was also interesting to hear how he was selected. Several arts groups here in SA were at odds with each other about agreeing as to which artist had the creds to undertake a challenge of that scope and magnitude so an intellectual standoff ensued which was subsequently resolved by each artist anonymously submitting a piece reflecting the subject and theme.
Charles' submission was picked based on the most votes garnered.
It must have been that Spurs spirit that was the edge for Charles!

MoSpur
06-25-2007, 09:51 AM
That is cool. Thanks for the info.