PDA

View Full Version : IF the spurs had the 1 pick

mrpach
06-24-2007, 10:10 PM
Who would you choose? Durant or oden? Considering that durant may be the small foward, that can rebound (11rpg in college), definetly shoot, that might be able to guard nowitzki, and the missing piece from last year
On the other hand you have a david robinson replacement, but considering the way tim has been dominating down low, its not like we actually need him right now.
So what do u prefer? Win it all now, or maybe win now and be succesful in the future?

td4mvp21
06-24-2007, 10:11 PM
Luis Scola! [/Spurs Dynasty 21]

timvp
06-24-2007, 10:13 PM
Oden and watch the Spurs hold opponents to 60 points a game next year.

koopa
06-24-2007, 10:14 PM
this is hard, i'm a ut fan so the bias choice would be durant, but i think down the road oden is gonna be the better player, durant is a dime a dozen kind of player imo, he may have been great in college, but scorers like him come around every year it seems, oden can be that player the center position has been missing for awhile now........ and we don't need a scoring small forward we need a long defending small forward, i don't think durant will be all that special on the defensive side of the ball....... so if we had the first pick i'd go with what's kept us contending for so many years and that's get the low post threat on both sides of the ball (oden will eventually develop a very good offensive game)

saporvida
i like durant... plus being that we are a small market a player like durant can skyrocket us right into the lime light. then again i could care less how the spurs are viewed or marketed but i do enjoy championship runs. i think i'd still pick up durant just cause i enjoyed watching him in all those college games he played.

Mr.Bottomtooth
Oden.

the_wall
06-24-2007, 10:21 PM
Even though I live in Austin, I am not exactly a UT fan. None the less, I would say to go with Durant. I personally think he has more potential down the road than Oden. Durant has shown a level of talent and ability that far exceeds other freshman.

exstatic
06-24-2007, 10:24 PM
Oden. Durant has the potential to be every bit as good as KG, but then WTF has KG ever won? Numbers and flashy plays don't win shit, and I'm shocked that some Spurs "fans" still don't get it. You dominate with post players and defenders, not wings. Durant won't dominate anything but a stat sheet.

fuckespn
06-24-2007, 10:26 PM
Oden. Durant has the potential to be every bit as good as KG, but then WTF has KG ever won? Numbers and flashy plays don't win shit, and I'm shocked that some Spurs "fans" still don't get it. You dominate with post players and defenders, not wings. Durant won't dominate anything but a stat sheet.

Calm down, don't take it so personal

SANANTOJAMES
06-24-2007, 10:40 PM
Scola

cecil collins
06-24-2007, 10:53 PM
this is hard, i'm a ut fan so the bias choice would be durant, but i think down the road oden is gonna be the better player, durant is a dime a dozen kind of player imo, he may have been great in college, but scorers like him come around every year it seems, oden can be that player the center position has been missing for awhile now........ and we don't need a scoring small forward we need a long defending small forward, i don't think durant will be all that special on the defensive side of the ball....... so if we had the first pick i'd go with what's kept us contending for so many years and that's get the low post threat on both sides of the ball (oden will eventually develop a very good offensive game)

Are you crazy? Scorers with his athletic ability, height, wingspan, shooting ability, and work ethic are not a dime a dozen. Durant will have a good season, but I expect he will hit the rookie wall. His second season he will be a star. Durant also does a lot of the little things on defense, with steals and blocks on help defense. Both are great players, both are rare players, but Oden gets the edge because of his position.

MrChug
06-24-2007, 11:04 PM
I'm saying trade the #1 to get Rasho back...but that's just me. Okay, okay...maybe a 3 team deal that'll bring Hedo back. I think those guys were solid.

:shootme

Cant_Be_Faded
06-24-2007, 11:16 PM
My brain says Oden my heart says Durant.

ducks
06-24-2007, 11:17 PM
bad disk in back
wrist injury
I would pass on oden
durant or brewer

Das Texan
06-24-2007, 11:19 PM
why is this even a fucking question.

ducks
06-24-2007, 11:19 PM
:donkey
why not answer it

ducks
06-24-2007, 11:20 PM
scola better not hope to get more money then a number one draft pick

Leetonidas
06-25-2007, 12:04 AM
It's hard to say. Kevin Durant is exactly what the Spurs need. Young, athletic as hell, quick, agile, long, can shoot lights out, can rebound. However, Oden is going to be the next dominant big man and Tim Duncan is aging...

But, seeing as how this team desperately needs youth at the wing, I'd probably say Durant, only if the injuries to Oden are as bad as they've been meant to be lately.

IcemanCometh
06-25-2007, 12:57 AM
People say wing players don't win championships, post players do. People say Oden is the best C prospect since Ewing. Remind me again how many championships Ewing won? For that matter how many did Mutombo win, or Mourning as a starter? How many did Robinson win before Duncan? Look at the 90's and tell me just how many teams with great centers made the finals. 8 of the finals in the 90's had no "franchise" center at all, and only 6 of 20 teams did.

Positions don't win championships, players do.

TDMVPDPOY
06-25-2007, 01:03 AM
BIG MEN are hard to come by,

give me the oden

Nathan Explosion
06-25-2007, 01:07 AM
I'd take Durant. Matchup nightmare at the SF position in a regular lineup. Can develop into the lockdown defender, but also with a long wingspan, can grab tons of rebounds (grabbed more rebounds per game than Oden last year if I'm not mistaken. Or was that a better shot blocker?)

In a small ball lineup, can easily play the 4 and defend taller players or quicker players. His wingspan makes him a 7 footer essentially.

Oden needs too much work at this point, and the Spurs are about winning championships, in addition to developing long term. Durant fits both those needs in my opinion.

Das Texan
06-25-2007, 01:48 AM
:donkey
why not answer it

oden.

fucking no brainer.

dominant big men dont grow on trees. And Oden would fit in perfectly with the Spurs anyway.

He is one hell of a defender already and he hasnt even scratched the surface offensively to what he can do.

lrrr
06-25-2007, 05:05 AM
People say wing players don't win championships, post players do. People say Oden is the best C prospect since Ewing. Remind me again how many championships Ewing won? For that matter how many did Mutombo win, or Mourning as a starter? How many did Robinson win before Duncan? Look at the 90's and tell me just how many teams with great centers made the finals. 8 of the finals in the 90's had no "franchise" center at all, and only 6 of 20 teams did.

Positions don't win championships, players do.

Yes, Michael did win a lot of rings, but the Bulls also had Scottie Pippen. Everyone seems to forget this fact when discussing how 'invincible' MJ was. If you could get two KD's, go for it, but if the choice is for one player, take the big guy. Oh, and yeah, since then, how many championship teams haven't involved Olajuwan, Shaq and Tim?

IF the Spurs had Oden, they wouldn't need a long 3. You could play any scrub at the 3. No matter who they guarded, nobody would be able to score at the rim anyway.

IceColdBrewski
06-25-2007, 05:35 AM
Oden. You don't pass on a big man with skills. Period.

smrattler
06-25-2007, 07:59 AM
Some Euro we've never heard of and will not see for 8 yrs.

lebomb
06-25-2007, 08:04 AM

I agree 100%.....cant pass up a good big man.

RC's Boss
06-25-2007, 08:50 AM
:lmao

manufor3
06-25-2007, 09:13 AM
Oden

hello13
06-25-2007, 09:19 AM
what a gay thread

what if, what if, what if

WHAT IF NO ONE MADE STUPID POSTS DURING THE SUMMER???

Then there would be zero to talk about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STFU

Texas_Ranger
06-25-2007, 09:21 AM
Oden.

bdictjames
06-25-2007, 10:53 AM
Oden. That would be scary as hell.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-25-2007, 12:21 PM
Everyone with a brain: Oden.

All longhorn homers: Durant.

Cry Havoc
06-25-2007, 12:25 PM
Oden and watch the Spurs hold opponents to 60 points a game next year.

QTF.

Our defense would be good enough that the Spurs would be competing with the White Sox to see who could give up the fewest points (runs) in a season.

Slinkyman
06-25-2007, 12:26 PM
Oden. You don't pass on a big man with skills. Period.

http://espn.go.com/media/pg2/2001/0927/photo/s_bowie_i.jpg
http://www.watchmojo.com/men/image/jordan_michael_bio.jpg

samikeyp
06-25-2007, 12:28 PM

Pretty much. I am a huge Longhorn fan and even I would pick Oden.

I think Durant will be a great player and will have a more immeadiate impact but for the long term, its gotta be Oden.

Tippecanoe
06-25-2007, 12:28 PM
oden, who will play the part of tim duncan, who will now play the role of david robinson

TheTruth
06-25-2007, 12:29 PM
what a gay thread

what if, what if, what if

WHAT IF NO ONE MADE STUPID POSTS DURING THE SUMMER???

Then there would be zero to talk about!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STFU
Do we need to pull up some of the threads you've started?

Creation88
06-25-2007, 12:32 PM
i go to UT and i would pick Oden.

if we traded in the 4th trophy for a tanked season it would be 20 consecutive years were we landed a franchise changing player since '87- Robinson '97-Duncan '07-Oden.

cecil collins
06-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Yes, Michael did win a lot of rings, but the Bulls also had Scottie Pippen. Everyone seems to forget this fact when discussing how 'invincible' MJ was. If you could get two KD's, go for it, but if the choice is for one player, take the big guy. Oh, and yeah, since then, how many championship teams haven't involved Olajuwan, Shaq and Tim?

IF the Spurs had Oden, they wouldn't need a long 3. You could play any scrub at the 3. No matter who they guarded, nobody would be able to score at the rim anyway.
Yeah, Jordan needed Pippen, but the Spurs have a better supporting cast than Jordan ever had. Durant is exactly what the Spurs could use. With Durant at the 3 they would win 70 games next year. I agree that Oden is going to be great, and I would either take him first or trade down to the 2nd pick, but it's stupid to act like this is a no-brainer.

cecil collins
06-26-2007, 12:23 AM

But I'm sure you would say that Acie Law is the best guard in the draft, huh?

RC's Boss
06-26-2007, 09:54 AM
Everyone saying they'd take Oden will be saying the Spurs need a long 3 that can rebound the next day... (why not just say Durant)