PDA

View Full Version : Pepe Sanchez

gus
06-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Argentinean National Team Point guard Pepe Sanchez ( Who played in the NCAA Temple Uni.) Is now free agent.

Why don't give him a try, is a classic point guard, pass first, smart, and good D. On the weak side he is not fast and not a scorer.

Gus.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-25-2007, 11:33 AM
he's already been tried bro, remember? couldn't cut it. He played for the Hawks, the Sixers and Detroit... and I think Washington

Phenomanul
06-25-2007, 12:57 PM
he's already been tried bro, remember? couldn't cut it. He played for the Hawks, the Sixers and Detroit... and I think Washington

But that was before his emergence as a legitimate 3-pt threat....

SuperManu!!!
06-25-2007, 02:04 PM
Hey! what can be worse than udrih???

gus
06-25-2007, 02:07 PM
Don't remember Washington or the Hawks, but yes, I remember Detroit where he got 0 time with Carslile and with the Sixers where he got 0 time with Larry Brown, then I think he was moved to Golden State who cut him inmediately.

kolko
06-25-2007, 02:42 PM
Don't remember Washington or the Hawks, but yes, I remember Detroit where he got 0 time with Carslile and with the Sixers where he got 0 time with Larry Brown, then I think he was moved to Golden State who cut him inmediately.
He started his first season with Philadelphia, then was traded to the Hawks, cut, and resigned with the Sixers, who reached the finals that year. After playing some seasons in Europe, he came back to Detroit and then was traded to Golden State, where he didn't make the roster in training camp.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-25-2007, 08:51 PM
I don't think he has the body to play through an entire 82 games season and playoffs. During his last year in Unicaja he was a big game player, but pretty much couldn't be arsed to put some effort during the regular season. He is a guy who plays much better with the national team than with his different clubs (except for his university period with Temple).

That said, if somewhat he can be motivated as with the National Team to bring it night in, night out, and his body can take the challenge....that would be great, light-million years improvement from Vaughn and Udrih together.

spurschick
06-25-2007, 09:56 PM
I'd rather have Alejandro Montecchia.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-25-2007, 09:57 PM
I'd rather have Alejandro Montecchia.

Yeah, but who would you rather have play? :lol

kolko
06-25-2007, 09:58 PM
I'd rather have Alejandro Montecchia.He is playing in the Argentinian League, and near retirement.

AnotherArgie
06-25-2007, 10:32 PM
I'm happy to see this thread. I think Pepe is the f*cking Master, my favorite player in the NT. Take a look at this video:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=txBAoqt45ic

It's the final minute of an Euroligue quarter-finals game. See what Pepe does with 8 seconds left in the clock, game tied. That's cold blood.

Pepe did great in Temple. Unfortunately, the NBA is not a good place for these true PGs. But the Spurs could make a good use of him. I'd rather have him on the floor in crunch time, instead of Parker.

MI21
06-26-2007, 12:49 AM
Pepe did great in Temple. Unfortunately, the NBA is not a good place for these true PGs. But the Spurs could make a good use of him. I'd rather have him on the floor in crunch time, instead of Parker.

I thought a Finals MVP would stop this nonsense, obviously not.

johngateswhiteley
06-26-2007, 12:51 AM
I thought a Finals MVP would stop this nonsense, obviously not.

no kidding.

gus
06-26-2007, 08:42 AM
Wow...

Wait a second. As a starter of the thread I would say that this is not
to bash Tony Parker who is an absolute beast and super player. I am addressing a suggestion to a reserve point guard, who has a different style -more "pointguardish" to complement the roster.

So no bashing to Tony pleaseĦĦĦ.

Gus

spurschick
06-26-2007, 09:01 AM
He is playing in the Argentinian League, and near retirement.

I know, but he's still a great floor leader and wouldn't it be great to go out with an NBA Championship ring? :) Drink the Kool-Aid Alejandro!

Extra Stout
06-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Yes, we know, and you'd rather have Scola out there, instead of Duncan. We get it.

Obstructed_View
06-26-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm happy to see this thread. I think Pepe is the f*cking Master, my favorite player in the NT. Take a look at this video:

http://es.youtube.com/watch?v=txBAoqt45ic

It's the final minute of an Euroligue quarter-finals game. See what Pepe does with 8 seconds left in the clock, game tied. That's cold blood.

The above is precisely why I don't want any more players from Argentina on the Spurs.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-26-2007, 03:40 PM
I know, but he's still a great floor leader and wouldn't it be great to go out with an NBA Championship ring? :) Drink the Kool-Aid Alejandro!

It would be nice, but his knees are completely destroyed, he couldn't handle an NBA playoffs run, much less an 82 game regular season.

MrChug
06-26-2007, 03:46 PM
I've watched alot of this guy and he's a BRILLIANT selfless passer. I love him but he's a defensive liability most plays.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2007, 04:23 PM
The above is precisely why I don't want any more players from Argentina on the Spurs.yes, and this take is SO much better than his :rolleyes

T Park
06-26-2007, 04:34 PM
But the Spurs could make a good use of him. I'd rather have him on the floor in crunch time, instead of Parker

Yeah Parker blows.

How many Finals MVPs does Pepe have?

Fucking argentina.

smeagol
06-26-2007, 06:46 PM
Fucking argentina.

:rolleyes

You sure know how to ofend people, don't you?

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2007, 07:30 PM
Yeah Parker blows.

Fucking argentina.what is it T Park? were you born without that which keeps the rest of us normal folk from blurting out stupid shit? seriously! what the fuck is wrong with you??

AnotherArgie
06-26-2007, 09:25 PM
Wow, I'm just seeing the replies. I just said *I* personally prefer Pepe instead of Parker *in crunch time*, but just because I prefer pure PGs to handle those situations. I never said "Pepe is better than Parker".

But, even *if* I said something like "Pepe is better than Parker", that's no reason to bash and/or insult an entire country. Hey, that's not even a reason to bash me, since I'm just stating a personal opinion.

Obstructed_View
06-26-2007, 09:52 PM
yes, and this take is SO much better than his :rolleyes
It's not a take, douche, it's an opinion.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-26-2007, 10:22 PM
It's not a take, douche, it's an opinion.take and opinion is the same fucking thing buddy. Plus WTF did you think his was? it was only his opinion.

Obstructed_View
06-27-2007, 01:04 AM
take and opinion is the same fucking thing buddy. Plus WTF did you think his was? it was only his opinion.
Fine, defend the guy who says that Pepe Sanchez is better in the clutch than Parker based on a single game, just because he happens to be from Argentina. Not that your credibility is done any damage by it.

Sense
06-27-2007, 01:21 AM
The above is precisely why I don't want any more players from Argentina on the Spurs.

I agree...

for some reason Argentinian posters or most of them think that the Spurs are the savior team of their native players.... and that for sure they'll be given a chance here like Scola, Ginobili, and Oberto were given..

Enough's enough...

there comes a point where you stop daydreaming of this Spurs team being full of Argentinian players and Tim Duncan.

ManuTim_best of Fwiendz
06-27-2007, 04:43 AM
I don't see why you have to overblow one poster's comment which wasn't even a deliberate knock on Tony, into something discriminatory towards nationalities.

Pop said himself, ideally he'd want the whole national team to play for him, in a complimentary way to the grit of players who happen to be from Argentina, Manu's squad had a bunch of pretty competitive players who have proven they can ball. Nothing more than that.
Now whether you guys take it so seriously, or the fact that realistically, it's just familiar fans throwing names of "guys they've known" in the hat.
I don't see why you have to be borderline xenophobic, or disgruntled about the whole idea that an Argentinian fanbase get a little carried away in their bias towards players like this Pepe Sanchez, and fancy the idea that Spurs could pick them up.

Just because one made a backhanded slight against Tony, doesn't mean you have to get defensive, at the expense of one's national sensibilities. Like "Fucking Argentina" or petty statements like "I don't want any more players from Argentina" what? because of frickin' posters and fans from that country? How bout, it being about a player who can help out, no matter what country they're from? I'm pretty aware you all *know* that, it was just off the cuff, but still it's like WTF? that's a stupid thing to say.

Plus, I don't see why some guys on this forum glob all the Argentine fans together as a singular mentality, like they ALL aren't aware of homerish statements, themselves. There are some pretty level-headed posters, and the generalities in reference to them are pretty eye-roll inducing.

aaronstampler
06-27-2007, 05:23 AM
I can't believe how offended everyone is getting. I think Pepe would be a great signing for us. He'd be the perfect backup point. Play him with Manu 15 mins a game and look out. They'd slice other teams apart, especially if other coaches are dumb enough to play their scrubs against them. You guys think Manu and Oberto know each other's games? Wait until Pepe takes the floor with those guys. We'd have the best bench in the league.

If anyone on here seriously is troubled by the notion of Pepe getting 15 mins of run for this team, then you guys have serious insecurity issues when it comes to Tony. I think his starting job is safe guys, relax.

aaronstampler
06-27-2007, 05:29 AM
Anyone on here who'd be against a Pepe signing

A) Didn't watch last year's world championships when he was pretty much the team's best player (even better than Manu)
B) Is a xenophobe
C) Is an idiot.

Don't give me the nonsense that he failed in Philly and Detroit etc. Those teams didn't have basketball players when Pepe was there, they had athletes. Those teams don't know how to run an NBA play that involves more than 2 people. You put him on the Spurs, with people and a coach who knows what they're doing, and he'll be fine.

And the stuff about "no more Argentines" is absurd. The way I see it, they're 2 for 2 on the Argentine front. When they get one who can't play, then talk.

Bruno
06-27-2007, 05:41 AM
Spurs would be stupid not to go after on Sanchez, a 30 years old player who averages 5.8 ppg and 2.9 apg in euroleague this year. :lmao

gus
06-27-2007, 08:49 AM
Wait.. everybody.

Does anyone took one second to actually read my first post??? and my second clarification.

I am speaking about a point guard to give some rest to the ABSOLUTE BEAST, MONSTER, ONE OF THE TWO BEST POINT GUARDS IN THE NBA, YOUNGER, IMPROVING PLAYER WHO IS TONY PARKER.

Anyone who say that Pepe is better than Tony is smoking Pot.

...But FUCK TO ALL ARGENTINEAN HATERS. IF YOU DON'T LIKE ARGENTINEANS GIVE THE DETROIT 2005 TITLE TO DETROIT AND THE LAST MATCH AGAINST CLEVELAND AND WE'LL FINE.

ArgSpursFan
06-27-2007, 09:33 AM
I agree...

for some reason Argentinian posters or most of them think that the Spurs are the savior team of their native players...

Your so fucking wrong buddy.
If we´re gonna talk about saviors and saved ones,let´s keep it real,ok?
Otherwise Pop wouldn´t been copying plays from the Argentina Nat team playbook,and bringing onboard every Arg.player available to S.A.

ArgSpursFan
06-27-2007, 09:35 AM
Spurs would be stupid not to go after on Sanchez, a 30 years old player who averages 5.8 ppg and 2.9 apg in euroleague this year. :lmao

yeah,they should spend that money on that frenchy bust called Mahinmi,right?
Just stick to the numbers Bruno,where you are half good at,coze BBwise you know SHIT.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-27-2007, 11:47 AM
Fine, defend the guy who says that Pepe Sanchez is better in the clutch than Parker based on a single game, just because he happens to be from Argentina. Not that your credibility is done any damage by it.I'm not defending the guy idiot, I'm objecting to your comment about not wanting more Argentinian players on the Spurs because you don't like what some Argie posters think. Get it?

MaNuMaNiAc
06-27-2007, 11:53 AM
I agree...

for some reason Argentinian posters or most of them think that the Spurs are the savior team of their native players.... and that for sure they'll be given a chance here like Scola, Ginobili, and Oberto were given..

Enough's enough...

there comes a point where you stop daydreaming of this Spurs team being full of Argentinian players and Tim Duncan.Oh give me a fucking break! what the fuck does it matter where the player comes from, as long as his good?? and where the fuck do you get off saying "most Argentinian posters". Prove that claim buddy! I'm tired of people claiming us Argies are blind homers simply because people are too stupid not to generalize.

Obstructed_View
06-27-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm not defending the guy idiot, I'm objecting to your comment about not wanting more Argentinian players on the Spurs because you don't like what some Argie posters think. Get it?
I don't like the fact that many of the Argie posters root for the Spurs just because they have players from their country on it and then make stupid statements like Sanchez is better than Parker, and then others defend the guy that made the statements when they fucking know better. Say he's tougher than Beno, say he's a better shooter than Vaughn, say he's a big point guard who's cool under pressure and comfortable with the other players and some of the plays and I'll agree with you. I like Sanchez, but he's not even approaching Tony Parker in any meaningful way. Given his track record he's not guaranteed to be the backup on this team. If you can't agree with me on that just because I'm not from Argentina then you are exactly the reason I said I don't want him on the Spurs. That's all. Otherwise we'll have to agree to disagree on this.

aaronstampler
06-27-2007, 03:31 PM
Nobody said he was better than Parker. One person said, that in his opinion, Sanchez could be a better crunch time player. Big deal. As if he'd ever get the chance.

spurschick
06-27-2007, 03:56 PM
Wwwwooooooowwwww... it's been just less than two weeks since the season ended. Are we this bored already? Lighten up everyone. I didn't see anyone saying that anybody was better than Tony. Just because someone would like to see another Argentian doesn't mean they want Tony to come off the bench.

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
06-27-2007, 04:14 PM
What's the point of bringing Pepe here?

A lineup of:
Sanchez-Ginobili-Nocioni-Duncan (or Scola, don't know)-Oberto

would win the NBA walking, easily. This way it stays emotional at least.

How sensitive everyone is. You all need a drink and something to relax :smokin

Phenomanul
06-27-2007, 05:12 PM
I've been on the Pepe bandwaggon since his days at Temple... I got to see him play during his collegiate days....

Pepe >>> Beno
Pepe > Vaughn

Tony >>>>>> Pepe

But there's no denying the guy can flat out run an offense.

smeagol
06-27-2007, 05:19 PM
Nobody said Pepe is better than Tony.

Reading comprhension is noticeably lacking

Obstructed_View
06-27-2007, 05:49 PM
Nobody said Pepe is better than Tony.

Reading comprhension is noticeably lacking
Apparently it's right there with spelling and punctuation...

Bruno
06-27-2007, 06:15 PM
Just stick to the numbers Bruno,where you are half good at,coze BBwise you know SHIT.

So I can't say something negative about an argentinian player without being insulted. :rolleyes
And you can continue to insult me as much as you want if you like that, I don't care.

coopdogg3
06-27-2007, 06:19 PM
Wow, these Argentinian homers are getting out of control. Lets put in the PG that so far hasn't been able to stick it in the NBA, and lets take out the Finals NBA. Wow, get a grip guys. Pepe can't hold TP's jock.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-27-2007, 07:35 PM
Your so fucking wrong buddy.
If we´re gonna talk about saviors and saved ones,let´s keep it real,ok?
Otherwise Pop wouldn´t been copying plays from the Argentina Nat team playbook,and bringing onboard every Arg.player available to S.A.just shut the fuck up already

MaNuMaNiAc
06-27-2007, 07:45 PM
I don't like the fact that many of the Argie posters root for the Spurs just because they have players from their country on it and then make stupid statements like Sanchez is better than Parker, and then others defend the guy that made the statements when they fucking know better. Say he's tougher than Beno, say he's a better shooter than Vaughn, say he's a big point guard who's cool under pressure and comfortable with the other players and some of the plays and I'll agree with you. I like Sanchez, but he's not even approaching Tony Parker in any meaningful way. Given his track record he's not guaranteed to be the backup on this team. If you can't agree with me on that just because I'm not from Argentina then you are exactly the reason I said I don't want him on the Spurs. That's all. Otherwise we'll have to agree to disagree on this.
I don't agree with you because so far you've been wrong about everything in this thread, and it seems your beef is with Argies in general, since you don't even show a decent grasp of what's been said in this thread.

Nobody said Pepe was better than Tony. He said he PREFERED Pepe in the clutch to Tony. Personally, I don't agree with this, specially after how well Tony played these playoffs, but it is HIS OPINION.

Apparently it's right there with spelling and punctuation...

and by the way, smeagol there is writing in his second language, what's your excuse?

MaNuMaNiAc
06-27-2007, 08:03 PM
I don't see why you have to overblow one poster's comment which wasn't even a deliberate knock on Tony, into something discriminatory towards nationalities.

Pop said himself, ideally he'd want the whole national team to play for him, in a complimentary way to the grit of players who happen to be from Argentina, Manu's squad had a bunch of pretty competitive players who have proven they can ball. Nothing more than that.
Now whether you guys take it so seriously, or the fact that realistically, it's just familiar fans throwing names of "guys they've known" in the hat.
I don't see why you have to be borderline xenophobic, or disgruntled about the whole idea that an Argentinian fanbase get a little carried away in their bias towards players like this Pepe Sanchez, and fancy the idea that Spurs could pick them up.

Just because one made a backhanded slight against Tony, doesn't mean you have to get defensive, at the expense of one's national sensibilities. Like "Fucking Argentina" or petty statements like "I don't want any more players from Argentina" what? because of frickin' posters and fans from that country? How bout, it being about a player who can help out, no matter what country they're from? I'm pretty aware you all *know* that, it was just off the cuff, but still it's like WTF? that's a stupid thing to say.

Plus, I don't see why some guys on this forum glob all the Argentine fans together as a singular mentality, like they ALL aren't aware of homerish statements, themselves. There are some pretty level-headed posters, and the generalities in reference to them are pretty eye-roll inducing.

this basically summarizes what's going on in this thread. Obstructed, why don't you read this and try to come to your senses

ALVAREZ6
06-27-2007, 08:12 PM
My mom was just hired by a guy who went to Temple with Pepe and is good friends with him.

spurschick
06-27-2007, 08:52 PM
While it might be true that some Argentinians are Spurs fans only because Manu and Fabri play here, who cares? Are you telling me that there were a shitload of Spurs fans in France and the Virgin Islands before Tony and Timmy came along? And Slovenia before Rasho and Beno? While were at it, was Spain overrun with Raptors fans before Calderon and Garbajosa joined the team? Did Brazil have a National Cavaliers Day prior to Sideshow Bob coming to Cleveland?

I was more of a Jordan fan than I was a Bulls fan. AI is one of my favorite players... that doesn't mean I'm a Nuggets fan. I don't see what the problem is with people supporting a specific player, especially if that player is representing their country.

danyel
06-27-2007, 09:15 PM

He'd a great fit for a team that starts someone who averaged 6.2 ppg and 1.4 apg this season.

Stats don't tell the whole story you know...

Obstructed_View
06-27-2007, 10:10 PM
I don't mind players from Argentina, it's the fuckin' rif raf they bring along with them...

That's MY opinion, and fuck you if you don't like it.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-27-2007, 10:31 PM
I don't mind players from Argentina, it's the fuckin' rif raf they bring along with them...

That's MY opinion, and fuck you if you don't like it.Who the fuck are you calling rif raf you arrogant piece of shit!? Bring a legit take to the table next time you want to make gross generalizations in support of your incredibly biased "opinion" of us Argies, doing so might lessen how much of a fucking douche you end up looking.

Obstructed_View
06-27-2007, 10:35 PM
:lmao

Cherry
06-27-2007, 10:50 PM
Relax. :rolleyes

It´s a looong way to the next season. :depressed

ATX Spur
06-27-2007, 11:48 PM

Tired of watching the Spurs win championships? :dramaquee

ATX Spur
06-27-2007, 11:49 PM
Yeah Parker blows.

Fucking argentina.

Morons like you give Texas, a place that I love, a bad name. Shut your mouth about a place you'll never go to and keep it to basketball.

coopdogg3
06-28-2007, 01:30 AM
Who the fuck are you calling rif raf you arrogant piece of shit!? Bring a legit take to the table next time you want to make gross generalizations in support of your incredibly biased "opinion" of us Argies, doing so might lessen how much of a fucking douche you end up looking.

Freedom of speech, and right to give your opinion is a slippery slope. You can't say it's OK to pull TP in the 4th and let some Argentine scrub take over because that's someone's opinion. How can you then get angry when someone gives their more argumentative counter-opinion? Where do you draw the line?

My opinion is 2+2=5. My opinion is wrong.

The opinion that Pepe Sanchez should/could replace Parker during key 4th quarter stretches is also wrong.

aaronstampler
06-28-2007, 01:37 AM
Seriously, some Spurs fans have serious insecurity issues when it comes to Tony. Who cares what one person thinks about Pepe's 4th quarter clutchness? It's not like Pop would ever give him the chance to prove it either way. Tony's the guy. We all know Tony's the guy.

But IMO, Pepe would be an upgrade over JV/BU for 15 mins a night.

Bruno
06-28-2007, 02:11 AM
He'd a great fit for a team that starts someone who averaged 6.2 ppg and 1.4 apg this season.

Stats don't tell the whole story you know...

Stats tell a part of the story and i've seen him play with Malaga too.
Sanchez hasn't succceed in nba when he was young, he is now 30 years old and is a very average player in eeurope. It's far from being a no brainer that he will be better than Vaughn, in fact, it's even unlikely.
Some posters say that he will be a good nba player only because he is argentinean and has had some good games with their NT. It's not enough to me and I'm not sold at all on him.