PDA

View Full Version : Suns close to trading into top 10

da_suns_fan__
06-25-2007, 12:33 PM
Suns close to trade into top 10

Paul Coro
The Arizona Republic
Jun. 25, 2007 09:27 AM
The Suns are closing in on a trade that would put them in the top 10 of Thursday's draft, according to David Griffin, Phoenix's senior vice president of basketball operations.

The increasing chances prompted Florida's Corey Brewer (a defensive small forward), Joakim Noah (a high-motor power forward) and Georgetown's Jeff Green (a versatile small forward) to agree to work out Tuesday in Phoenix with a fourth mystery player of top-10 caliber.

The Suns also are having second workouts Tuesday with Finnish point guard Petteri Koponen, Oregon point guard Aaron Brooks and Wisconsin small forward Alando Tucker, who will be joined by new visitor Giorgos Printezis of Greece.

There are ongoing talks with a few teams in the top 10 but one dialogue is "much hotter," Griffin said.

To make a deal, the Suns would likely give up some combination of their 24th and 29th picks this year and the draft pick of Atlanta's that they own for next year.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Why the hell would a VP go on record about a trade that hasn't gone down yet?

Stupid.

da_suns_fan__
06-25-2007, 12:46 PM
Why the hell would a VP go on record about a trade that hasn't gone down yet?

Stupid.

Well..he's probably explaining why they're inviting several top ten players to work out....

Ya think?

ChumpDumper
06-25-2007, 12:47 PM
Why should he explain anything on record before the trade is done?

BillsCarnage
06-25-2007, 12:48 PM
as i mentioned in another thread the latest rumor is Jones and this years firsts to Charlotte for the #8 pick.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2007, 12:50 PM
as i mentioned in another thread the latest rumor is Jones and this years firsts to Charlotte for the #8 pick.Well, Jordan is an idiot when it comes to managing a team....

satexan77
06-25-2007, 09:03 PM
as i mentioned in another thread the latest rumor is Jones and this years firsts to Charlotte for the #8 pick.

Huh??

I've heard the Bobcats wanting to move there #22 pick but #8?? And James Jones...are you F-N kidding me. Jones has marginal skill and has no chance at being better than a 3rd option for any team. Now if it was moving Marion in a cost cutting move that would make sense as the Bobcats dont have to match salaries, but they are the cheapest team in the league. If the move is for Jones it only makes remote sense if the Bobcats grab the Hawks 1st round pick next season otherwise its just retarded...then again isnt Jordan like a VP or something.

Jeremy
06-25-2007, 09:06 PM
If the Suns can get this Top 10 pick without trading Marion, then they need to use the newly-aquired Top 10 pick to re-open the KG trade talks. Or to try to get Kobe.

Brutalis
06-25-2007, 10:37 PM
Getting real tired of internet Suns fans going on about trading big

dbreiden83080
06-25-2007, 10:50 PM
If the Suns can get this Top 10 pick without trading Marion, then they need to use the newly-aquired Top 10 pick to re-open the KG trade talks. Or to try to get Kobe.

Kobe won't play with the Suns he wants to win and be the MAN. With the Suns he will just win.

Switchman
06-25-2007, 11:56 PM

Gives them something to occupy their summers with after the Spurs knock them out every year.

JMarkJohns
06-26-2007, 12:18 AM

LMAO! Then don't read them? What, you really expect fans to abstain from discussing such when their team's frontoffice comes out and says they were close to finalizing a deal for a top-10 pick, or when both a 10-time All-Star forward and 3-time champion wing specifically name your team as a prefered destination via trade, or that your two frontcourt All-Stars have both been linked in trade?

It's in the "NBA" forum, has "Suns" or "Phoenix" and more than likely states its title, so again, I'm not sure what the deal is? That it won't happen? Well, shoot, then the fans of 29 teams next year better just shut up since they won't win the Title.

sabar
06-26-2007, 12:50 AM
as i mentioned in another thread the latest rumor is Jones and this years firsts to Charlotte for the #8 pick.This is more unlikely than all the Beno for Kobe trades.

timvp
06-26-2007, 02:26 AM
As long as the Suns don't end up with Corey Brewer, it shouldn't really hurt the Spurs chances against the Suns that much.

BeerIsGood!
06-26-2007, 02:29 AM
Shit, we could dump Barry and Beno to the Bobcats for the #8 if they are just giving it away. James Jones? Come on now...

OldDirtMcGirt
06-26-2007, 02:33 AM
Shit, we could dump Barry and Beno to the Bobcats for the #8 if they are just giving it away. James Jones? Come on now...

I dunno. You might have to throw in Bonner to make it work
:lol

Xylus
06-26-2007, 02:41 AM
LMAO! Then don't read them? What, you really expect fans to abstain from discussing such when their team's frontoffice comes out and says they were close to finalizing a deal for a top-10 pick, or when both a 10-time All-Star forward and 3-time champion wing specifically name your team as a prefered destination via trade, or that your two frontcourt All-Stars have both been linked in trade?

It's in the "NBA" forum, has "Suns" or "Phoenix" and more than likely states its title, so again, I'm not sure what the deal is? That it won't happen? Well, shoot, then the fans of 29 teams next year better just shut up since they won't win the Title.
:clap

monosylab1k
06-26-2007, 09:01 AM

Talking about possible trades or trade rumors in the NBA forum is fine, but this is the most hare-brained, idiotic trade rumor yet. This has no place in the NBA Forum, if there was a "Sunfan Fantasy And Internet Circle Jerk" Forum then maybe it would have a place there.

James Jones... :wakeup ... Give me a fucking break.

Let's start some Croshere/Stack to the Hawks for the 3 pick rumors while we're at it.

JMarkJohns
06-26-2007, 11:14 AM
This thread didnt involve that talk at first, plus, I know Bill for years, and he doesn't just spout BS. I'm not saying I think the trade is likely, but the Suns front office made the comment that the Suns were close to acquiring a top-10 pick. That's not news worthy?

With it came some rumors.

I've seen plenty of rumors revolving around the Mavs in this forum, and pkenty crazy Spurs proposals in my time.

If you don't like it, don't click the link. It clearly doesn't pertain to the Spurs, since it's titled, "Suns close to trading into top 10" ... No reason one with no interest can't avaoid it.

monosylab1k
06-26-2007, 11:20 AM
I've seen plenty of rumors revolving around the Mavs in this forum, and pkenty crazy Spurs proposals in my time.

As soon as you see a "The rumor is Greg Buckner for a top 10 pick" or "Elson and next year's first for the Sonics pick" then get back to me. No Mav or Spurs fan has come close to the stupidity of reporting "James Jones and a late first rounder to get into the top 10" like there's any merit to it whatsoever.

It's not about Suns news or Suns rumors (both of which Mavs and Spurs fans have a keen interest in), it's about Sunfan stupidity.

Mr. Body
06-26-2007, 11:37 AM
Wait... this thread has been about James Jones plus a couple fluff picks to get into the top 10?

Obstructed_View
06-26-2007, 12:49 PM
Why does it matter? Aren't the officials and David Stern going to make sure the Spurs win anyway?

JMarkJohns
06-26-2007, 02:56 PM
As soon as you see a "The rumor is Greg Buckner for a top 10 pick" or "Elson and next year's first for the Sonics pick" then get back to me.

I fail to see such written in this thread's Title. Yes, it came up, but as I said previously, it's bound to happen. Rumors have a way of taking shape that to some seems stupid, to others seem fair. It all depends on whose team you root for.

No Mav or Spurs fan has come close to the stupidity of reporting "James Jones and a late first rounder to get into the top 10" like there's any merit to it whatsoever.

If you read, he didn't say Jones and A late first rounder. He said Jones and this year's two firsts. That's two picks. I still don't see it happening, however. Now, if the Suns threw in that 2008 Atlanta pick, then maybe.

What you fail to understand is that stupid trades happen every offseason, like when Phoenix net Bo Outlaw and the 1st that turned into Amare Stoudemire in 2001 for Jud Buechler? Or when Portland traded Jermaine O'Neal for Dale Davis? Or when New York traded Marcus Camby and the #7 overall pick for Antonio McDyess and the #24 in 2002? Or when the Wizards traded Rip Hamilton for Jerry Stackhouse? Or When Boston trade LaFrentz and the pick that could have turned into Brandon Roy for Ratliff and Telfair in 2006? Or when the Suns trade two picks that could have net them a cheap PG for a pick tree spots further down and 3 million in 2006?

There are plenty more.

Fact is, he said he'd heard it. If he were making it up, he's the type of poster who'd have said such. If he's passing on pertinent info that he's heard within this same thread, then he shouldn't be getting grief. Yeah, the trade is lopsided. Maybe there was more too it he hadn't heard? Instead of being a bitch about things, just simply ask where he heard it, or why he thinks the Bobcats do something like that.

It's not about Suns news or Suns rumors (both of which Mavs and Spurs fans have a keen interest in), it's about Sunfan stupidity.

Again, you can add to something that lacks without the smug attitude that berates someone for throwing in what he's heard. He's been on this site longer than you, has never been one to just spout off with nonsense and is generally informed about the Suns goings on.

What you assume is stupidity, coud very well be one or two steps from a truth.

Case and point, those trades mentioned above. If you'd have heard the rumor to any of those before they went down, you'd have likely held the same opinion.

Shit happens.

Sometimes it's rumored before it goes down.

JMarkJohns
06-26-2007, 03:06 PM
Wait... this thread has been about James Jones plus a couple fluff picks to get into the top 10?

No. This thread started with a vague article quoting Suns execs that they were close to a deal to move into the top 10.

I've heard they have offers to Atlanta at #3, Boston at #5, Minnesota at #7, Charlotte at #8 and Chicago at #9.

I've heard various proposals for how each will be acquired. Some sensical, some not. When the exec in quetion fails to mention the specifics, sometimes you come up with your own, or pass on bits of info that you've heard.

The Suns bitching started with Brutalis who proclaimed he was tired of all the big trade talk of the Suns.

Well, to effin bad! If your site is going to be inclusive, and your site has the necessary forum, and said info/rumor is posted in said forum and under the proper title, then you have no excuses for clicking and reading crap you no longer care to read about.

It extends beyond this thread. He's tired of it all. Tired of Kobe requesting Phoenix in a trade. Tired of Garnett following suit. Tired of the Suns being linked to a half dozen trades a of significant nature.

Like it's the Suns faults Kobe and Garnett want to play for them?

Can you really blame Suns fans for latching on to stories, some based upon rumor, about such topics?

Mono is hating because the Jones/#24/#29 trade for #8 is stupid. it certainly isn't the best trade for Charlotte, but it's really only one step, the inclusion of the 2008 atl 1st, from being a fair trade that actually goes down.

He can bitch about how that one pick changes everything, but, truth be told, he's just looking for a a gripe. He's always pointing out "Sunfan" and bitching about their involvement in something. Whether it's in this thread, or the "2007 Mavs = All-Time Greats" thread.

monosylab1k
06-26-2007, 03:11 PM
I fail to see such written in this thread's Title. Yes, it came up, but as I said previously, it's bound to happen. Rumors have a way of taking shape that to some seems stupid, to others seem fair. It all depends on whose team you root for.

If you read, he didn't say Jones and A late first rounder. He said Jones and this year's two firsts. That's two picks. I still don't see it happening, however. Now, if the Suns threw in that 2008 Atlanta pick, then maybe.

What you fail to understand is that stupid trades happen every offseason, like when Phoenix net Bo Outlaw and the 1st that turned into Amare Stoudemire in 2001 for Jud Buechler? Or when Portland traded Jermaine O'Neal for Dale Davis? Or when New York traded Marcus Camby and the #7 overall pick for Antonio McDyess and the #24 in 2002? Or when the Wizards traded Rip Hamilton for Jerry Stackhouse? Or When Boston trade LaFrentz and the pick that could have turned into Brandon Roy for Ratliff and Telfair in 2006? Or when the Suns trade two picks that could have net them a cheap PG for a pick tree spots further down and 3 million in 2006?

There are plenty more.

Fact is, he said he'd heard it. If he were making it up, he's the type of poster who'd have said such. If he's passing on pertinent info that he's heard within this same thread, then he shouldn't be getting grief. Yeah, the trade is lopsided. Maybe there was more too it he hadn't heard? Instead of being a bitch about things, just simply ask where he heard it, or why he thinks the Bobcats do something like that.

Again, you can add to something that lacks without the smug attitude that berates someone for throwing in what he's heard. He's been on this site longer than you, has never been one to just spout off with nonsense and is generally informed about the Suns goings on.

What you assume is stupidity, coud very well be one or two steps from a truth.

Case and point, those trades mentioned above. If you'd have heard the rumor to any of those before they went down, you'd have likely held the same opinion.

Shit happens.

Sometimes it's rumored before it goes down.

I'm sorry, could somebody summarize this for me? I'm having trouble sifting through the massive amounts of Sunfan bullshit to find the point.

monosylab1k
06-26-2007, 03:13 PM
And I apologize Sunfan, go ahead with your "Kurt Thomas for Dwight Howard straight up" trade rumors...I'm sure they're worthy of discussion.

JMarkJohns
06-26-2007, 03:34 PM
monosylab1tch strike again!!!