PDA

View Full Version : Trade for Kobe

YODA
06-25-2007, 01:07 PM
Hate to start A NEW thread over this, but I need to verify that what im about to say is false. And I want to hear back fast how Wrong i am.

Word has it that there is Talk from RC Buford about a trade for Kobe, I cant find this anywhere and im listening to radio, but cant get no info. Someone please tell me im hearing wrong. Here is the exact message I got that sent me here.

"I was listening to "Mike & Mike" this morning. Just before it went to commercial they mentioned that they have rumors of a trade that is larger than any baseball trade. Well, I flipped the channel and listened to music for a while and when I flipped back, I heard them mention "RC Buford and Kobe." Then they just kept talking about Kobe this and Kobe that. I pulled up to my appointment about this time, so I couldn't hear anymore."

He then off how he didnt find anything else out.

Ok people, let me know what the heck is going on.

Yoda's nerves are old and cant handle it

Yoda....
Do or do not, there is no try :madrun

SenorSpur
06-25-2007, 01:15 PM
Pulease! Let's not go there again.

I'm not sure what time this was, but I listened to the last hour of the show and heard them talk about the potential players in a Kobe trade. They simply referenced previous potential suitors, NY, CHI and PHX. They discussed how and why any such scenarios would or would not work. There was no mention of the Spurs at all.

Streakyshooter08
06-25-2007, 01:16 PM
I would understand if they would go after Kobe. Then again this will NEVER happen. If they trade him, he will go east. I think you don't have to worry about it! :)

Mr. Body
06-25-2007, 01:16 PM
No. Fuck it. No.

YODA
06-25-2007, 01:23 PM
heres a response form another site, Feeling a little better about it now.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

before even looking at having to use a traded player exception (since they re over the luxury tax -- i believe)

the trade has to be up to within 25% + 100K in salaries.

kobe is gonna make around 19-20Mish. this means that we d have to give up 15-16M in players. forget about draft picks bc we dont have any high draft picks and the salary goes by the pick slot....e.g. a 30th pick makes like 750K in his 1st year so forget about draft picks

we need to come up wtih 15-16M in salaries.

i dont know the spurs salaries off top of head but i believe duncan makes 20M next season so he s comparble to kobe.

obviously we re not trading him and Ginobili makes 9million, Parker maeks 10m and the rest of our team is b/w like 1.5 and 5M.

i dont see why they d do it but the perect world would be to trade like Ginobili, Barry, and Horry (Lakers standpoint) but why the hell would they even do that...yah kobe needs to leave but if they re forced to trade they ll find a better situation. we have 3 stars and alot of aging players...they can get 15-16M and more quality players elsewhere IMO

it s pointless...this sh1t isnt gonna happen.

it depends whta kobe values...being in the limelight or winning championships...if he wants to grow up, give up a little of his ego and learn from duncan, then a kobe, duncan, parker combination would be absoulutely sick.

prob is that is a big IF

Billy The Kid
06-25-2007, 01:23 PM
i wish we would

tmtcsc
06-25-2007, 01:42 PM
If Kobe wants to play with us, he can come do it on the cheap in 08-09 season. We'll have some $$ then to make it interesting.

SuperManu!!!
06-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Bring him and bench him.....i would looooove to see that

SAGambler
06-25-2007, 02:12 PM
No Kobe in SA....

tsb2000
06-25-2007, 02:54 PM
Kobe for Manu?

Well Manu, we love you lots and hope you enjoyed your stay, but this is a business, and the Spurs are in the business of winning championships. :)

steppy
06-25-2007, 02:56 PM
Hmmm, maybe that's why Oberto opted out. Manu knows he's gone and he told Oberto to bail too. :stirpot:

TMTTRIO
06-25-2007, 03:05 PM
Hmmm, maybe that's why Oberto opted out. Manu knows he's gone and he told Oberto to bail too.
and probably told Scola to stay in Europe :p: :lol

tmtcsc
06-25-2007, 04:50 PM
Kobe for Manu?

Well Manu, we love you lots and hope you enjoyed your stay, but this is a business, and the Spurs are in the business of winning championships. :)

Which is why he is on our team for a bargain. He's not going anywhere. He's a cold blooded, dagger drilling, polite, killer.

TradeManu4Kobe
06-25-2007, 05:54 PM
Kobe for Manu?

KOBE :hungry: KOBE :hungry: KOBE

YODA
06-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Still waiting on the exact answer