PDA

View Full Version : CNN Corporate Chones Are Showing Again..

Nbadan
06-25-2007, 01:39 PM
Maybe this is also one reason why 40% still believe Saddam was behind 911...

CNN Dumps Michael Moore For Paris Hilton

Yesterday, CNN proudly announced that it has scored the first post-jail interview with Paris Hilton. To make room for Paris on Wednesday, CNN canceled its interview with Michael Moore about his new health care documentary SiCKO:

Hotel heiress and reality TV star Paris Hilton will give her first post-jail interview on CNN’s “Larry King Live” on Wednesday, the show’s spokeswoman said on Saturday.

“She will be on for the hour,” Bridget Leininger told Reuters. “We had (filmmaker) Michael Moore originally scheduled for that time.”

CNN, the “most trusted name in Paris news,” continues to sink to new lows in its “assault on reason.” Hilton is the latest “serial obsession,” though the network recently hired a reporter devoted to “covering things like Britney, as well as the Michael Jackson memorabilia.” Now CNN has ditched coverage of America’s broken health care system in favor of an hour-long interview of an incarcerated socialite.

ThinkProgress spoke with Moore’s team, who confirmed that CNN has not yet rescheduled the interview. SiCKO, which opens nationwide this Friday, sheds light on the health care crisis that the media covers poorly, when it covers it at all.

Think Progress (http://thinkprogress.org/2007/06/25/king-paris-moore)

For any of you still under the misguided impression that the 'C' in CNN stood for 'Cable'....it doesn't.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2007, 01:41 PM
Which do you think would get higher ratings?

Nbadan
06-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Don't know....having seen a pre-screening of SICKO, I can tell you that one of Moore's underlying premise is how we have been lied to by the M$M about the inefficiencies of nationalized health care...

...this movie will generate tons of buzz once it is more widely distributed. This isn't a issue that should concern Demos or Thugs, it's an issue that should concern everyone...

ChumpDumper
06-25-2007, 02:00 PM
Don't know....having seen a pre-screening of SICKO, I can tell you that one of Moore's underlying premise is how we have been lied to by the M$M about the inefficiencies of nationalized health care...Where did you see it? And if there is a media conspiracy, why would there have been an interview scheduled in the first place?
..this movie will generate tons of buzz once it is more widely distributed.Yeah, just like the 9/11 movie brought down Bush. We live in hope.

Nbadan
06-25-2007, 02:03 PM
And if there is a media conspiracy, why would there have been an interview scheduled in the first place?

SICKO gets released that day.

Nbadan
06-25-2007, 02:05 PM
Yeah, just like the 9/11 movie brought down Bush. We live in hope.

Bush is a lame-duck..

ChumpDumper
06-25-2007, 02:05 PM
And if there is a media conspiracy, why would there have been an interview scheduled in the first place?

Nbadan
06-25-2007, 02:09 PM
Anyway, SICKO will disgust you if you have any resemblance of consciousness. the wealthiest nation in the world reduced to dumping disoriented patients on city streets

Jamtas#2
06-25-2007, 02:13 PM
Anyway, SICKO will disgust you if you have any resemblance of consciousness. the wealthiest nation in the world reduced to dumping disoriented patients on city streets

Is this the same conscious that led you to view(steal) an illegal copy of the film, and undermine the hard work and efforts of everyone who helped to create this documentary...making it less likely we can have more of these in the future?

Nbadan
06-25-2007, 02:15 PM
Is this the same conscious that led you to view(steal) an illegal copy of the film, and undermine the hard work and efforts of everyone who helped to create this documentary...making it less likely we can have more of these in the future?

Oh please, your gonna have to do better than that...Moore and the 'Whine'-steins aren't gonna starve because of a few people viewing copies of the film. The budget was $6 million, it will make that in the first hour...

Jamtas#2
06-25-2007, 02:19 PM
Oh please, your gonna have to do better than that...Moore and the 'Whine'-steins aren't gonna starve because of a few people viewing copies of the film. The budget was $6 million, it will make that in the first hour...

I'm sorry. I didn't realize that they were the only people who worked on this film. My bad.

You wouldn't starve if I stole $100 from you. You'll easily make that back in your next paycheck.

Nbadan
06-25-2007, 02:21 PM
I'm sorry. I didn't realize that they were the only people who worked on this film. My bad.

You wouldn't starve if I stole $100 from you. You'll easily make that back in your next paycheck.

:rolleyes

...what are you gonna do after Friday? You can't keep making up these stupid excuses from debating the real issues in the movie forever//

Jamtas#2
06-25-2007, 03:40 PM
:rolleyes

...what are you gonna do after Friday? You can't keep making up these stupid excuses from debating the real issues in the movie forever//

roll you eyes if you want. I am looking forward to the movie. The health care industry needs to be fixed. I can't wait to see the discussion this film leads to and any changes that come from it.

That being said that I am not debating that the movie has a good point, it is wrong to be stealing the work of another, no matter how much or little money they have Dan.

Nbadan
06-25-2007, 03:57 PM
roll you eyes if you want. I am looking forward to the movie. The health care industry needs to be fixed. I can't wait to see the discussion this film leads to and any changes that come from it.

That being said that I am not debating that the movie has a good point, it is wrong to be stealing the work of another, no matter how much or little money they have Dan.

Nah, I'm with Sperminator and others which think documentaries like this are just too important to leave just to those who can afford the money to go to an expensive theater to see. This debate needs to happen now, not years from now when the health industry has time to muddy the political waters with Moore propaganda like the right did with F/911.

There are actual people lives at stake in this debate.

boutons_
06-25-2007, 03:58 PM
Larry King has been border-line tabloid content, at best, for a long time.

Here he goes, yet again, for full trash tabloid.

Tabloid trash like PH sells tons of ads for the tons of eyeballs that live for tabloid trash.

Jamtas#2
06-25-2007, 04:14 PM
Nah, I'm with Sperminator and others which think documentaries like this are just too important to leave just to those who can afford the money to go to an expensive theater to see. This debate needs to happen now, not years from now when the health industry has time to muddy the political waters with Moore propaganda like the right did with F/911.

There are actual people lives at stake in this debate.

Stealing is still stealing. Justify it however you want. I don't think that you are in the financial dire straits to have to resort to it like you are giving an example of.

Nbadan
06-25-2007, 06:05 PM
It's the old question of do the ends jusify the means? Let' see...

Torture...

Rendition...

illegal occupation...

pre-emptive war...

Fast-track deportation...

denying preventive health-care...

denying life-or-death health-care..

denying emergency health-care..

Downloading movies...

Maybe you ought to rethink where you chose to put your preverbial 'moral foot down' a little more carefully....

Jamtas#2
06-25-2007, 06:26 PM
All things I disagree with. Congratulations. You are still in the wrong. Listing things that are worse does not make your stance any more acceptable.

Mr. Peabody
06-27-2007, 10:04 PM
It wasn't just an hour-long interview with Paris. Anderson Cooper had a two-hour "Paris Speaks" special after the interview. They aired this instead of the previously scheduled special fact-checking the claims made in "Sicko." The news is so fucking lame nowadays.

Nbadan
06-28-2007, 02:24 AM
...speaking of the M$M cho'nes showing...

Sirota discovers that Fox News loves big oil and high gas prices. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K8uPvyd41es)

From Sirota's notes at You Tube:

The second of two segments on Fox News' weekend business show. In this segment, we debate oil industry price gouging - notice how the other panelists laugh at the very well-known, well-substantiated facts about how the oil industry manipulates supply and refinery capacity to drive gas prices artificially higher. Only on Fox News is the statement of fact laughed at.