PDA

View Full Version : What should the Mavericks do this week?

monosylab1k
06-25-2007, 04:59 PM
With the draft coming, should the Mavs make a big splash, or stand pat?

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-25-2007, 05:00 PM
Draft Stanko.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-25-2007, 05:01 PM
But seriously, if I were the Mavs, I'd wait the draft out and look to build on FA or a trade following.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-25-2007, 05:03 PM
Speaking with my Mavs fan friend, he says...

Deal Terry for impact or package deal for second scoring option. Possibly move up in the draft.

monosylab1k
06-25-2007, 05:06 PM
I'd love to see them make a big splash in the draft, but not for Joakim Noah.

dallaskd
06-25-2007, 05:07 PM
ditto

Findog
06-25-2007, 05:50 PM
Continue to emulate the Spurs...don't overreact to a disappointing playoff ouster. Josh is moving to shooting guard and the Mavs are now looking for a small forward. Josh at the two solves a lot of the size/strength problem GS's backcourt gave us.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-25-2007, 06:16 PM
Trade JET for a high pick in the draft, but not for Noah.

Texas_Ranger
06-26-2007, 01:24 AM
They should catch some fish.

monosylab1k
06-26-2007, 08:55 AM
They should catch some fish.

Hilarious.

Findog
06-26-2007, 09:16 AM
Hilarious.

It's a pretty edgy quip. I hadn't heard that one before. Next they're gonna call Dirk a choker. Lots of Lenny Bruce and Bill Hicks fans in the Spurs fanbase.

Gtown
06-26-2007, 10:08 AM
What team would be dumb enough to trade a high pick for Jason Terry?

Findog
06-26-2007, 10:14 AM

If you're drafting that high, your FO is probably not filled with Rhodes Scholars to begin with. Billy Knight and Danny Ainge come to mind.

monosylab1k
06-26-2007, 10:25 AM

Makes more sense than trading a high pick for James Jones, something Suns fans think is an actual possibility.

MrChug
06-26-2007, 12:01 PM
Josh at the two solves a lot of the size/strength problem GS's backcourt gave us.

You really think "size/strength" was your problem against GS? YOU WERE THE BIGGER STRONGER TEAM. Speed and nutz on the other hand...

Findog
06-26-2007, 12:32 PM
You really think "size/strength" was your problem against GS? YOU WERE THE BIGGER STRONGER TEAM. Speed and nutz on the other hand...

Baron Davis: 6'3, 215 lbs
Jason Richardson: 6'6, 225 lbs

Jason Terry: 6'2, 180 lbs.
Devin Harris: 6'3, 185 lbs.

I'm 6'1, 175, our backcourt is the same size as me. So yes, I think size and strength was a problem for us against Golden State. So was Dampier's torn rotator cuff. Having him in there to anchor our frontline instead of Dirk makes us tons better defensively. Without him we aren't as equipped to stop penetration into the lane from their guards. We knew going into the series that Jet and Devin were going to have trouble keeping J-Rich and B-Diddy in front of them. Not having Damp to protect the rim made things worse.

Islymore
06-26-2007, 02:05 PM
For those that think the Mavs dont need any changes - please tell me what kinda ganja u tokin'!??? Cuz I gots to find it! fareal.

Obviously there are some changes to be made, nobody wants them to blow up the team and start anew. But to move a few pieces that really arent holding their end of the bargains?? I'm fine with that.

Keep Dirk, Howard, Harris, Diop. Anyone else is trade worthy to me. Dont know if I want them to have Noah. I love the kid - but I'm not certain he's Mav-style.

spursreport
06-26-2007, 02:09 PM
Moving Howard to the 2 only does so much. The Mavs still lack a true leader, lack mental toughness, lack physical toughness and lack a true low post scorer. It is really funny how the "we just ran into 1 simple bad match" card comes into play. Miami was alot less athletic than Golden State yet managed to beat Dallas in 6 games as well. How? They got physical with them which changed the entire series. Not to mention they couldnt stop or even contain D-wade. The Mavs havent proven they can beat a healthy Suns team in a 7 game series either. Until the Mavs have those intangibles and fix their low post and true superstar issues, they are going to continue having their yearly playoff outings.

Findog
06-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Not to mention they couldnt stop or even contain D-wade.

Or Baron Davis. Enough with the "Dr. Phil" talk. Our perimeter defense is what's lacking.

As for Miami, Wade, Haslem and Mourning run the floor pretty damn well. Mourning was way more effective against us than Shaq and Riley got him more minutes after G2. They don't win the series without him.

spursreport
06-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Or Baron Davis. Enough with the "Dr. Phil" talk. Our perimeter defense is what's lacking.

As for Miami, Wade, Haslem and Mourning run the floor pretty damn well. Mourning was way more effective against us than Shaq and Riley got him more minutes after G2. They don't win the series without him.

It is lacking but it isnt going to solve all your problems. You wont win shit if you cant hack teams getting physical with you. Lacking mental/physical toughness will never win you a title. Lacking a true leader will never win you a title. "Dr Phil talk" or not that is the truth and you know it.

Findog
06-26-2007, 02:36 PM
It is lacking but it isnt going to solve all your problems. You wont win shit if you cant hack teams getting physical with you. Lacking mental/physical toughness will never win you a title. Lacking a true leader will never win you a title. "Dr Phil talk" or not that is the truth and you know it.

Then how do we get past the Spurs? The Spurs are the lone heavyweight in the League and you know it. You don't beat San Antonio if you're lacking in the cojones department. Not to harp on that series too much, but it shows me what this team is capable of when they put it all together.

spursreport
06-26-2007, 02:42 PM
Then how do we get past the Spurs? The Spurs are the lone heavyweight in the League and you know it. You don't beat San Antonio if you're lacking in the cojones department. Not to harp on that series too much, but it shows me what this team is capable of when they put it all together.

The Spurs using small ball and giving the Mavs too much respect hurt them in the end. They didnt even get physical with Dallas like they should have but small ball didnt help that. Miami and Golden State respected the Mavs but never took any of their shit. They didnt give Dirk or any of the Mavs that much respect. In fact they had a confident arrogance to them which caused the Mavs to feel inferior to them.

monosylab1k
03-31-2008, 03:33 PM
I can't believe there was actually a Terry for Noah trade available. Don't we look like idiots now.

stretch
03-31-2008, 03:38 PM
I can't believe there was actually a Terry for Noah trade available. Don't we look like idiots now.
Noah blows.

monosylab1k
03-31-2008, 03:38 PM
:lmao I forgot that Suns fans thought they were gonna trade James Jones for a top 10 pick

monosylab1k
03-31-2008, 03:39 PM
Noah blows.
Not as much as Jet's shooting percentage this past week.