PDA

View Full Version : Knicks to host Maccabi Tel Aviv

SrA Husker
06-25-2007, 05:16 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=txknicksexhibition

The New York Knicks announced Tuesday that they will host Israeli basketball club Maccabi Elite Tel Aviv in an exhibition game at Madison Square Garden on October 11.

Proceeds from the game will benefit Migdal Ohr, a charitable organization which provides housing and education for over 6,5000 impoverished and disadvantaged children in Israel.

"This game will provide us with the unique opportunity to play a quality opponent while benefiting a worthwhile cause," Knicks president and coach Isiah Thomas said. "Maccabi Elite Tel Aviv has long had a renowned international presence in the game of basketball and has demonstrated the ability to compete with teams in the NBA. We look forward to the matchup."

In 2005, Maccabi Elite Tel Aviv became the first international team to win in North America when they defeated the Toronto Raptors at Air Canada Centre.

As a Jew and not a Knicks fan, it's my duty to say go maccabi!

SrA Husker
06-25-2007, 06:51 PM
If those Jews can find a way to score more points they will win, guaranteed.

That's the type of wisdom I expect to find only on ESPN!

Marklar MM
06-25-2007, 08:19 PM
I expect a blowout for Maccabi.

Sacramental
06-25-2007, 08:46 PM
why the fucking knicks?

Boston Pancake
06-25-2007, 08:50 PM
why the fucking knicks?

Cuz New York fuckin' sucks bro! Beantown baby!

SrA Husker
06-25-2007, 09:13 PM
why the fucking knicks?

Huge Jewish population in New York. I would be surprised if this doesn't sell out.

Brutalis
06-25-2007, 10:33 PM
Add another team on the list to own Isiah's team.

Ronaldo McDonald
06-25-2007, 10:34 PM
Basketball great, it's the one place where you can be around Jews and manage to get something for free.