PDA

View Full Version : :( Chris Benoit

Pages : [1] 2

Marklar MM
06-25-2007, 05:31 PM
http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/benoitdead

World Wrestling Entertainment is deeply saddened to report that today Chris Benoit and his family were found dead in their home. There are no further details at this time, other than the Benoit family residence is currently being investigated by local authorities.

Tonight’s Raw on USA Network will serve as a tribute to Chris Benoit and his family. WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-25-2007, 05:36 PM
Damn, he was one of my favorites when I followed wrestling.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-25-2007, 05:37 PM
Via Google News:

WWE STAR CHRIS BENOIT, HIS WIFE AND FAMILY FOUND DEAD IN ATLANTA
by Mike Johnson @ 6:04:00 PM on 6/25/2007

We are still awaiting further details, but PWInsider.com is extremely saddened to report that former WWE and WCW World champion Chris Benoit and his wife, former WCW and ECW personality Nancy "Woman" Benoit were both found dead today in Atlanta, Georgia. Obviously this will be a huge developing story in the days to come but at this point, we'd like to express our deepest condolences to the Benoits' family, friends, and fans at this time.

A meeting is currently ongoing at WWE TV and it is expected that tonight's three hour Raw will now be dedicated to Benoit's memory.

6:09 Update: WWE.com issued the following statement this afternoon:

"WWE is sad to report that Chris Benoit and his family have been found dead in their home. Police are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding the deaths. Tonight's Raw will be a tribute to Chris and his family."

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-25-2007, 05:38 PM
I wonder if you could call this karma for the fake Vince McMahon desk.

TxJudsonRocketTx
06-25-2007, 05:39 PM
Thats a really terrible thing to hear, was it just him and his wife? Did they have kids there with them? I havent watched wrestling in about 8 years but out of all the WCW guys back then, Benoit was one of the only ones I liked. Sad stuff

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-25-2007, 05:41 PM
I've only seen two stories on Google News. Nothing from the Atlanta Journal-Constitution.

dawn
06-25-2007, 05:42 PM
First Eddie and Now Chris.

Marklar MM
06-25-2007, 05:45 PM
Dont forget Bam Bam Bigelow early this year

kris
06-25-2007, 05:46 PM
I wonder if you could call this karma for the fake Vince McMahon desk.

Huh?

Don't know what you are talking about, but whatever it is, I don't think karma comes into play for he and his family dying.

AnkleBreaker21
06-25-2007, 05:47 PM
who would kill the whole family,sounds fishy

Marklar MM
06-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Huh?

Don't know what you are talking about, but whatever it is, I don't think karma comes into play for he and his family dying.

The Vince McMahon limo thing...where he is supposedly dead.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-25-2007, 05:49 PM
Huh?

I meant "fake Vince McMahon death."

Apparently, one of the recent storylines has been that Vince McMahon was killed in an explosion.

Spurs rock
06-25-2007, 05:50 PM
I just saw this. I'm sooo shocked. :(

RIP

I wonder if they're gonna drop the "Who killed Vince?" storyline.

Spurfect
06-25-2007, 05:52 PM
says their son Daniel was killed too? WTF??????

dawn
06-25-2007, 05:57 PM
Sorry about leaving out Bam Bam . I just meant with Eddie and Chris's history together. Read where it was Him, his wife, and son Daniel

NASCARdad
06-25-2007, 06:04 PM
I knew Dawn was a lurker. Too bad it takes a story like this to get her to post.

dawn
06-25-2007, 06:07 PM
I try... I need to come here more often...

tsb2000
06-25-2007, 06:07 PM
I heard on Bubba the Love Sponge that two of his three kids were in Canada visitiing relatives. The dead are Benoit, his wife, and one of his children.

:depressed

easjer
06-25-2007, 06:37 PM
OMG!

That's just awful. I wonder what happened inside, whether it was some accident like carbon monoxide or something more serious like murder or murder/suicide.

I'm not a huge wrestling fan, but SFIE used to be, and he got me into it a little bit. It was really fun to watch those guys perform in the ring. Scripted or not, it was amazing to watch them sell it. Benoit was one of my faves and Jason loved his story. Benoit/Angle matches were the best - so graceful and well choreographed.

What a terrible thing.

Gerryatrics
06-25-2007, 06:38 PM
The Hell!?

Benoit didn't make it to the last PPV because he went home due to some kind of family emergency, now he and his family are found dead? Tragic, but very suspicious.

And they had better drop the fake Vince death angle, first Sherri Martel passes away, then Chris Benoit and his family all while Vince's "death" dominates everything WWE.

SpursWoman
06-25-2007, 06:39 PM
That's so sad. :(

T Park
06-25-2007, 06:44 PM
Dang, thats horrible.

Benoit was a hell of a wrestler.

Hopefully everything is kosher and its not suicide, but something less tragic like carbon monoxide or some sort of thing.

bdictjames
06-25-2007, 07:07 PM
RIP Chris and his family. Guy was a hell of an entertainer, and must be one hell o a person.

As for Vince, I cant say the same, faking death is just pathetic.

joeyjfive
06-25-2007, 07:09 PM
Wow... very shocking. May they rest in piece.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-25-2007, 07:10 PM
Officials would not say how the family died, other than to say they weren't shot to death.

Spurfect
06-25-2007, 07:12 PM
anyone watching RAW right now? it's very sad. Vince was in near tears

bdictjames
06-25-2007, 07:23 PM
anyone watching RAW right now? it's very sad. Vince was in near tears
I am, but my bro took over and played his fricking ps game. Its pretty much a tribute to Chris.

Dirk Nowitzki
06-25-2007, 07:32 PM
:cry :cry One of my all time favorite wwe superstars. Whats hurts more is that wrestle mania 20 moment after Benoit won the world heavyweight title and he and Eddie hugged each other (Eddie beat Angle to win the WWE title) and now both have passed. RIP Chris, his wife and his child. :depressed

Richard Cranium
06-25-2007, 07:57 PM
Rip

cornbread
06-25-2007, 08:07 PM
Geeze, so many wrestler's lives come to tragic ends at young ages.

RIP

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-25-2007, 08:30 PM
Pro wrestler, family found dead in Fayetteville home

By Saeed Ahmed, Kathy Jefcoats
The Atlanta-Journal Constitution
Published on: 06/25/07

A well-known professional wrestler and his family were found dead inside their house in Fayette County Monday afternoon.

Authorities confirmed that Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their 7-year-old son, Daniel, were found dead at the home on Quarters and Redwine roads in Fayetteville about 4 p.m.

Officials were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.

Benoit, a 40-year-old Canadian native maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the now-defunct World Championship Wrestling.

Most recently, Benoit fought as part of the World Wrestling Entertainment organization. WWE canceled its live show in Corpus Christi Monday night, and its broadcast of "Raw" on the USA Network was a three-hour retrospective on Benoit's career.

"Obviously, all sorts of speculation are running rampant but I have talked to so many people and nobody really knows [whether the couple was having marital troubles]," said Bryan Alvarez, who runs Figurefour Weekly, a wrestling newsletter and Web site, from Linwood, Washington.

Benoit was scheduled to appear in a pay-per-view title match Sunday night, but was a no-show due to a "family emergency," the WWE said during the broadcast.

Benoit's wife, Nancy, managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, "Woman."

They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing storyline on World Championship Wrestling.

Soon after, the two became romantically involved in real life and married, Alvarez said.

Benoit has two other children from a prior relationship.

spyder
06-25-2007, 08:41 PM
Wow...this sucks...RIP

Cant_Be_Faded
06-25-2007, 08:42 PM
what the fuck????

he died.....never liked him as a character but he was the shit....

dawn
06-25-2007, 08:46 PM
I think he was due to be here tomorrow night on the card

Cant_Be_Faded
06-25-2007, 08:48 PM
Man the only wrestler i knew that was going to die at a young age was yokozuna but maybe more should be looked into at the psyches of these guys, they seem to always have dark baggage noone knows about....murder suicide? Say it ain't so....

tsb2000
06-25-2007, 08:51 PM
Pretty sad. For Vince to go out there and drop the kayfabe, that's huge.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-25-2007, 09:07 PM
They're showing Royal Rumble footage in its entirety. The only editting is they blur out the WWF logos on the ring, turnbuckles, and cameras, and shirts.

marini martini
06-25-2007, 09:07 PM
:depressed :depressed :depressed Rest in peace :depressed :depressed

:depressed :depressed :depressed Von
Erics also :depressed :depressed :depressed

easjer
06-25-2007, 10:09 PM
They just said on the news here that it was being investigated as homicides.

I really wonder what happened, and what could lead to killing a child.

It's so tragic, particularly for his other children.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-25-2007, 10:14 PM
Damn. :depressed He was a kickass wrestler. I loved him.

easjer
06-25-2007, 10:17 PM
Oh, now they are saying it was a murder/suicide; specifically that they think Benoit shot/stabbed his child and wife and then himself.

That makes me really, really sad. Not that anything in this is good or right, but I'd sort of hoped he was a victim and not the instigator. That's just terrible.

Flea
06-25-2007, 10:21 PM
OMG, how could you do that to your own kid? :(

AnkleBreaker21
06-25-2007, 10:30 PM
well if the reports are true and he killed his wife and kid, fuck him for that shit

easjer
06-25-2007, 10:31 PM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/more/06/25/wrestler.dead.ap/index.html?cnn=yes

WWE wrestler Chris Benoit, his wife, and son were found dead Monday and police said they were investigating the deaths as a murder-suicide.

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being treated as a murder-suicide, but said that couldn't be confirmed until evidence was examined by a crime lab.

The station said that investigators believe the 40-year-old Benoit killed his wife, Nancy, and 7-year-old son, Daniel, over the weekend, then himself on Monday. A neighbor called police, and the bodies were found in three rooms.

Damn. If this is true . . . well, the article goes on to talk about how he was supposed to be in Houston last night and pulled out . . . his wife and child were already dead. :oops

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-25-2007, 10:35 PM
Damn.

KEDA
06-25-2007, 10:38 PM
wow, I was all over the WWF and WCW back in the day

this sucks, not for him, but his wife and child, and the 2 that now go back home to nothing

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-25-2007, 10:45 PM
Officials have not disclosed how the family died, other than to say the deaths did not involve a gun.

"The details, when they come out," said Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard, "are going to prove a little bizarre."

Fillmoe
06-25-2007, 10:55 PM
the only logical explanation is he must have been on some "the world is a fucked up place and i need to get my family out of here" shit......

LuvBones
06-25-2007, 10:58 PM
And they were paying tribute to him on RAW? I wonder what they are thinking now that they know he killed his family and himself.

AnkleBreaker21
06-25-2007, 11:03 PM
i wonder if he found out his wife was bangin another wrestler, what else would make him do that

RogerIsEatingASandwich
06-25-2007, 11:08 PM
This is sad sad stuff. I used to love watching him back when I was younger, the dude was pure talent, one of the best wrestlers.

easjer
06-25-2007, 11:28 PM
SFIE and I said the same thing - after listening to all these guys holding back tears and speaking to the professionalism, the athlete, the wonderful person/father/husband he was . . . what are they thinking now? How do you reconcile that?

I have to think that he must have had some really fucked up stuff going on inside his head.

kyleo
06-25-2007, 11:33 PM
SFIE and I said the same thing - after listening to all these guys holding back tears and speaking to the professionalism, the athlete, the wonderful person/father/husband he was . . . what are they thinking now? How do you reconcile that?

I have to think that he must have had some really fucked up stuff going on inside his head.
Regal's reaction was telling. He would only speak of Benoit's professionalism, and wouldn't really comment otherwise. Dean Malenko, who knew him best, was also very measured.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-25-2007, 11:54 PM
Hell of a torment to kill your wife and son, but if he did, well, he should have just offed himself.

Selfish bastard.

Fillmoe
06-25-2007, 11:57 PM
thats some pretty fucked up shit that he would kill his son and leave his other children without a mother and a father......

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-26-2007, 12:01 AM
I'm gonna wait until the official reports come on, but this is either the tragic death of a family or the results of a cowardly human being.

rayray2k8
06-26-2007, 12:07 AM
More details are coming out.

FOX News: Benoit Accused Of Killing Wife, Son, & Himself

The following is from http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,286673,00.html

Detective Bo Turner told television station WAGA that the case was being investigated as a murder-suicide, but said that could not be confirmed until the evidence was examined by a crime lab.

WAGA reported that investigators believe Benoit killed his wife and son over the weekend, and then himself sometime Monday.

A concerned neighbor called police. The bodies were found in three different rooms.

The lead investigator, Sheriff's Lt. Tommy Pope, told The Associated Press that the deaths were being investigated as homicide, and said the cause of death awaited autopsy results on Tuesday.

Pope said the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he would release no other details about the deaths at the house in a subdivision near White Water Country Club.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that Benoit, 40, his wife, Nancy, and son, who was named Daniel, were found dead, but also had no other details.

WWE confirmed that it was Benoit responisble for the death of his wife and son.

Confirmed: Benoit Death Is A Double Murder-Suicide

The following is from WWE.com:

It has been ruled that the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel earlier today were the result of a double murder-suicide from within the home. WWE.com will have more as soon as it becomes available.

I found another story that was very disturbing.
Take it for what it's worth I guess.

Breaking: Benoit Kills Family Over 3 Day Period

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed Nancy on Saturday, son Daniel on Sunday, and then killed himself earlier today.

Benoit was found dead in his weight room. Nancy was found dead in the living room. Daniel was found dead in his bedroom, accordig to an unnamed source in the department.

Lt. Tommy Pope told ABC News "the instruments of death were located on the scene," but didn't specify what those were or where they were found. Pope said the department was not actively searching for any suspects outside the house.

ProWrestlingScoops.com

mob
06-26-2007, 12:08 AM
no point of jumping the gun.

wait for the official word.

Avitus1
06-26-2007, 12:12 AM
Dont know what to say its horrible that he's dead but murder, suicide is even worse.

BeerIsGood!
06-26-2007, 12:19 AM
damn.

I wonder if the serious depression and possible schizo issues that some of these guys develop are a result of the tons of chemicals they ingest to build themselves up compounded by the beating they take performing the stunts night in and out? It seems interesting that several football players suicides and deaths have been contributed in part to brain damage induced depression, and it appears wrestling has the same problem. This is the most fucked up thing I've seen a famous, public figure do in a while.

The Red Hood
06-26-2007, 12:23 AM
Eddie Guerrero one of Benoit's best friends died after being in Houston for a pay per view event the same goes for Benoit very strange coincidence

jaespur21
06-26-2007, 12:28 AM
I so hope this isnt true. Chris Benoit has always been one of my favorite wrestlers always putting on great performances. last night i was upset that Benoit wasnt there to wrestle. Houston was chanting We Want BENOIT. Im so fuckin hope those reports arent true about him. I still love watch and enjoy wrestling thanks to wrestlers like Benoit

im shaky cant even type. i cant believe this shit. FUCk

The Red Hood
06-26-2007, 12:32 AM
Just a thought does anybody else think he was involved with the mob or a drug dealing gang of some sorts he left Houston to attend to his family maybe they were being threatened or being held hostage I know this may sound a little silly or maybe too movie like but at this point I am sure almost anything is possible

jaespur21
06-26-2007, 12:35 AM
anything just tell me benoit didnt do this. please i dont want it to turn out that way. anything. when i was watching wrestling my brother said he read a report that the bodies didnt have any wounds.

so i thought carbon monoxide or something

kyleo
06-26-2007, 12:46 AM
From wrestlingobserver.com:

Sources in the Fayette County Police Department have told Dave Meltzer that they are now working under the theory that Chris Benoit killed his wife on Saturday, his son on Sunday, and then himself on Monday. Benoit's body was found in his weight room, his wife's body was found in the living room, and his son's body was found in his bedroom.

The Red Hood
06-26-2007, 12:51 AM
anything just tell me benoit didnt do this. please i dont want it to turn out that way. anything. when i was watching wrestling my brother said he read a report that the bodies didnt have any wounds.

so i thought carbon monoxide or something

Exactly that's what I had heard from my brother as well no gunshot wounds on the body's or even the home this is all very disturbing and bizarre and like you I hope and pray that it was not him who took the life of his son and wife

zekes
06-26-2007, 12:53 AM
Regal's reaction was telling. He would only speak of Benoit's professionalism, and wouldn't really comment otherwise. Dean Malenko, who knew him best, was also very measured.

Did you see Chavo Guerrero's reaction? His was the opposite. His was the longest of them all and quite emotional. And he mentioned that he talked to Chris on the phone this past Saturday, and before he hung up, Chris said "I love you Chavo." That does not seem like something a very private and quiet person like Chris would freely say. :(

kyleo
06-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Did you see Chavo Guerrero's reaction? His was the opposite. His was the longest of them all and quite emotional. And he mentioned that he talked to Chris on the phone this past Saturday, and before he hung up, Chris said "I love you Chavo." That does not seem like something a very private and quiet person like Chris would freely say. :(
It was reported that some of Benoit's friend alerted authorities when they were sent disturbing text messages. Who knows what the hell is going on at this point, but Saturday falls in the timeline of the killings.

To anyone who is a fan of wrestling (not just WWE's soap opera crap), this is a nightmare scenario. Benoit was worshiped as one of the good guys who worked his way to the top through sheer ability, technical prowess, and unwavering dedication. And, whether because he was completely unstable, undone by the industry, or just an awful human being, that's all been thrown away.

jaespur21
06-26-2007, 01:12 AM
Edge was very emotional as well. Everyone loved and respected Benoit. If Benoit did this maybe we are all capable of murder. im so fuckin confused and saddend right now

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-26-2007, 01:17 AM
If Benoit did this maybe we are all capable of murder.

I'd like to think that Chris Benoit was not the blueprint for humanity.

jaespur21
06-26-2007, 01:20 AM
Id hate to think that he wasnt

hello13
06-26-2007, 01:22 AM
anyone is capable of anything.....

life is about how you as an individual react to the situations presented to you.

some peoples true colors come out when the pressure is on and they are exposed as pieces of shit and weak individuals

but hey, for better or for worse, thats life.

time doesnt stop.

move on.

And for the record, Raw should have went on tonight as scheduled.

The Red Hood
06-26-2007, 01:24 AM
It was reported that some of Benoit's friend alerted authorities when they were sent disturbing text messages. Who knows what the hell is going on at this point, but Saturday falls in the timeline of the killings.

To anyone who is a fan of wrestling (not just WWE's soap opera crap), this is a nightmare scenario. Benoit was worshiped as one of the good guys who worked his way to the top through sheer ability, technical prowess, and unwavering dedication. And, whether because he was completely unstable, undone by the industry, or just an awful human being, that's all been thrown away.

So many rumors and such a bizarre disturbing case one of the most that I have seen in a while I guess since Phil Hartman

jaespur21
06-26-2007, 01:32 AM
I still dont believe Benoit Did anything. Benoit is not a piece of shit and Fuck you for thinking Raw should just go on. Fuck You

jaespur21
06-26-2007, 01:34 AM
One Report says he left the pay per view yesterday bcuz his wife and kid were coughing up blood. maybe he found them dead and took himself. This man is Very RESPECTED and i hope these reports arent true

The Red Hood
06-26-2007, 01:45 AM
One Report says he left the pay per view yesterday bcuz his wife and kid were coughing up blood. maybe he found them dead and took himself. This man is Very RESPECTED and i hope these reports arent true

Please I think we all should stop with the rumors and wait for official word

jaespur21
06-26-2007, 01:50 AM
my brother and i were talking and i feel the same way now. im logging off

BeerIsGood!
06-26-2007, 01:52 AM
If the time of deaths are ruled by the coroner to be the wife on Saturday, kid on Sunday, and Benoit on Monday... I can't think of any other senario besides Benoit losing his mind and killing his family in an extremely disturbing manner.

If those times are proven correct it means that Benoit most likey killed his wife and spent at least 12 to 24 hours either holding his son hostage or exposing him to a horror I'd rather not write out. After that he kills his son and wallows in his demented state for another several hours until going out on Monday.

timvp
06-26-2007, 02:39 AM
The amount of steroids wrastlers ingest could make an elephant go crazy. Mix that with cocaine binges and you have the reason why a good number of them end up in a similar boat.

hello13
06-26-2007, 02:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Po7NdWWMGz0

they test for roids now

benoit was clean...always was. no drugs for him

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2007, 03:26 AM

they test for roids now

benoit was clean...always was. no drugs for himbullshit I'm not even gonna watch that video.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/smallville6/batista.jpg

100% roids

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2007, 03:29 AM
What the fuck???

How old was his son, and how did he kill him and his wife?

some fucked up shit, I don't know how people do this shit.

xcoriate
06-26-2007, 04:18 AM
^^ yeah no way he used roids :rolleyes

Pretty tragic, totally indefensible shit.

Provided the double-murder/suicide part is true, Fuck him I hope his name gets trashed to the shit.

Who the fuck kills there own blood?

Who the fuck leaves two orphans?

Shit.

kris
06-26-2007, 04:28 AM
I think he did steroids but I don't think he was on them at the time this happened. Just because you stop taking steroids, doesn't mean you all of a sudden lose all your musculature. He seemed like a genuinely good guy every time I watched him, but I suppose he could have been on cocaine.

I hope this turns different than the rampant assumptions being made. Although I never liked him as a wrestler, he looked like a good person.

Until it comes out otherwise, I'll believe Benoit didn't kill his wife and son.

rayray2k8
06-26-2007, 04:37 AM
What the fuck???

How old was his son, and how did he kill him and his wife?

some fucked up shit, I don't know how people do this shit.
a gun was involved and it was over a 3 day period.. I'm going by what I heard.

Benoit's 2 other sons were not there.

Here's the scary part.
In the past, whenever a wrestler passed away, some the wrestlers gave their thoughts about the person and would go on to the next guy.
Then comes in Chavo.
Chavo Guerro Jr. claimed he got in touch with Benoit over the weekend and before they hung up, Chris out of the blue told him "I love you chavo"..
:oops

whottt
06-26-2007, 04:44 AM
Damn.

I started watching wrestling again in the mid 90's and Chris Benoit was the reason for it....was the only guy I would have paid to watch wrestle, because he always gave his all in the ring.

This is an incredily sad day for me, as this guy was one of my favorite celebrities ever.

And Blaze...it's always easy to bash McMahon...but not when it comes to Benoit.

It's safe to say that no promoter did more for Benoit's career or treated him with more respect than McMahon...and that probably says more about Benoit than it does about McMahon...but the fact remains, McMahon was the only American promoter to ever show much faith in Benoit and give him a chance to carry the belt for an extended period.

WrestlemaniaXX was the highlight of Benoit's career...and Benoit would be the first one to say that.

McMahon but the belt on the little 5'9 Canadian at MSG over two of the most pushed wrestler ever and in doing so created probably the greatest feel good moment ever in wrestling(I mean a real feel good moment).

Man...no more wrestling for me, this guy was the last one I cared about watching wrestle...I like Flair...but he needed to retire about 20 years ago.

He will be missed in the wrestling business...more than any wrestler that has passed away ever IMO.

whottt
06-26-2007, 04:59 AM
Damn...I am just read the part about the wife and kid and suspected murder suicide.

Jeeezus :(

Not that it will bring them back, but god I hope Benoit didn't do that...I'd never think he was capable of something like that, the dude never said a cross word about anyone and was liked by just about everyone...never had an attitude, was alwasy a professional...

But honestly, that sounds like a lot guys that did off their wife and kids before commiting suicide. It's always the nice quiet ones that seem to do that.

IF he came home and caught his wife having an affair or something...he just might have done something like this. Shit I don't know.

I hope that info is wrong...at the same time, it's hard for me to believe anyone other than Kevin Sullivan would have a grudge against Benoit....and he'd have taken care of that long ago.

Damn...tragic.

whottt
06-26-2007, 05:06 AM
IMO Benoit did roids..but so have every other wrestler to debut in the last 20 years...it's either do them, or you don't have a career. Actually...it's kind of been that way as long as they have been around. Benoit was too small to have the size to be a credible American Heavyweight without doing them IMO.

As for whether or not they could have been a cause of this...definitely. They have been proven to cause rage and loss of control...but you would think Benoit would have something in his past showing a loss of control over them...and there's nothing. This guy was spiritual about wrestling. Never really badmouthed anyone, always helped the younger guys...

This is insane. I am in shock. I can't believe this happened.

timvp
06-26-2007, 05:21 AM
RIP to the Benoit family.

whottt, didn't you once compare this Benoit guy to David Robinson in terms of character?

Hopefully he didn't kill his wife and kid. Steroids can make someone lose it but this would be pretty drastic to just blame on steroids. Especially since it was over a period of time and not just something that happened in an instant.

whottt
06-26-2007, 05:32 AM
Damn, this guy was a multi millionaire and probably the most respected wrestler worldwide. He was so respected because of the way he carried himself in such a cutthroat business like wrestling...more than one guy has said he was one of the only real people in the business(Eddie was usually mentioned as being the other).

There are a lot of people caught off guard by the idea that he could be a murderer...

And steroids are one thing...

But there are other drugs that can cause you do to this sort of thing...like Paxil, it comes with a warning you may have homicidal and suicidal feelings during the first 48 hours of using it....because several peolple have murdered their families and or commited suicide after taking it.

I am witholding judgement on this until more details come out...it's so easy to assume the worst at first, but this guy was so respected and so well liked by so many people, and always seemed to be such a good dude, I mean this guy had the respect of both Bret Hart and Vince McMahon...that's next to impossible...it's just hard to accept he would do something like this, in the fashion it seems to have been done....no matter the evidence.

whottt
06-26-2007, 05:48 AM
RIP to the Benoit family.

whottt, didn't you once compare this Benoit guy to David Robinson in terms of character?

Hopefully he didn't kill his wife and kid. Steroids can make someone lose it but this would be pretty drastic to just blame on steroids. Especially since it was over a period of time and not just something that happened in an instant.

Hmmm...he wasn't as good of a man as Drob...and I would never have made that claim.

His wife was Nancy Sullivan AKA Woman...a former valet/manager/wrestler that was married to Kevin Suillivan...

When Benoit was first being pushed by WCW Kevin Sullivan was the booker for WCW and he booked an angle where he(Sullivan) and Benoit feuded after Benoit had an affair with Nancy....then it actually happened and Nancy Sullivan left Sullivan for Benoit....

Talk about some great fucking wrestling matches too...anyone that thinks wrestling is fake needs to go and watch the Sullivan Benoit Brawl...

Needless to say...Benoit's career was kind of fucked at WCW after that.

So no...for that reason I would never straight up compare him to Drob. There's no one that compares to Drob really...

And you know, I hope that always remains true.

However...he was like Drob in that he was never really about himself, or about his own ego.....and like Drob...he didn't get much respect from the mainstream fans during his career. Similar in their work ethic and duty...but not the same goals in life...Benoit was a pure wrestler, who gave the fans blood sweat and tears...above any other wrestler, night in and night out.

...Drob is a lot more than a pure basketball player.

See....there is some background here where it wouldn't surprise me if this was a murder and Benoit just offed himself...

When he and Eddie Gurerro and Malenko and Saturn left WCW for WWE...he flushed the careers of Sullivan and some other people...

It's weird how he and Eddie Gurerro both died after a show in Texas.

Kevin Sullivan is a turd and a vindictive one, who was univerally despised by just about everyone other than Hulk Hogan and the Outsiders. Benoit OTOH was liked and respected by just about everyone...and likewise, he liked and respected just about everyone.

I read they were about to put the ECW Title on Benoit...

This would have made him the only man to carry the WCW, WWW and ECW Heavyweight and Tag Team Belts...that's a huge high mark...

IT's just hard for me to believe he would be depressed about something like that.

I just don't know...this is too fucking weird.

But anyway, Benoit was like Drob in some ways...but no, he wasn't Drob.

whottt
06-26-2007, 05:55 AM
Benoit is also Rasheed Wallace's favorite wrestler...

whottt
06-26-2007, 06:30 AM
Man...I just went back and watched the end of WrestlemaniaXX

After Benoit wins the belt Eddie Gurerro comes out and gives him a hug...then Benoit's wife, kids and parents join him in the ring...

He picks up his wife and hugs her, then picks up his children and kisses them...

And it was all real...that's what made it so awesome, you never see that sort of stuff after most title matches...No wrestlers ever have their family come into celebrate with them after winning the big belt...because the business is so jaded and cynical, but when he won, he was a guy that had worked so hard for so long to get that kind of trust, and it was nice to see someone finally trust him to carry the belt.

If you see the way he hugs his kids and wife at the end of WrestlemaniaXX, you'll understand why it's so shocking to find out he might have murdered them. This guy was so respected he's in just about every Wrestling HOF while he was still an active wrestler...for years now he's been in a lot of them.

desflood
06-26-2007, 08:03 AM
Benoit's other son and daughter were from his first marriage - technically he didn't leave any orphans, they still have their mom.

Not that it makes what happened any better :(

ATRAIN
06-26-2007, 08:10 AM
WWE.com doesnt have anything up about Benoit now, I wonder if he did do it and they are trying to distance himself from it.

ATRAIN
06-26-2007, 08:23 AM
I found this article from the county that found his body

http://www.fayobserver.com/article?id=265901

Deaths of wrestler, family ‘a little bizarre’

By Debbie Newby
The Associated Press
ADVERTISEMENT
Click to learn more...

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. — Pro wrestler Chris Benoit canceled a pay-per-view appearance at the “Vengeance” event in Houston because of “personal reasons” a day before he, his wife and their 7-year-old son were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.

Details of the deaths “are going to prove a little bizarre” when released to the public, Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in DeKalb County.

Authorities were investigating the deaths at a secluded Fayette County home as a murder-suicide and were not seeking any suspects.

Investigators believe Benoit, (pronounced ben-WAH) killed his wife and son over the weekend and then himself sometime Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three different rooms of the house on Green Meadow Lane, in a subdivision off a gravel road about two miles from the Whitewater Country Club.

Ballard told The Associated Press a gun was not used in any of the deaths. But he declined to say how the three died.

“We’re pretty sure we know, but we want to confirm it with the crime lab,” Ballard said early Tuesday.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not return phone calls. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who received “several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning.”

Sheriff’s Lt. Tommy Pope told WSB-TV that the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he wouldn’t release other details.

Stamford, Conn.-based WWE also said on its Web site it had been asked by authorities not to release further information on the deaths of Benoit, 40; his wife, Nancy, 43; and son, Daniel.

Benoit was born in Montreal. He was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career. He was known by several names including “The Canadian Crippler.”

“WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family’s relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy,” the company said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit had maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live “Monday Night RAW” card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

Benoit’s wife managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, “Woman,” The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing story line on World Championship Wrestling, the newspaper said.

To subscribe to The Fayetteville Observer, click here.

samikeyp
06-26-2007, 08:24 AM
They do now.

http://www.wwe.com

The site is saying its being called a murder-suicide.

WWE.com has learned that according to the Fayette County, Ga. Sheriff's Office, the deaths of Chris Benoit, his wife Nancy and their son Daniel Monday were the result of a double murder-suicide from within the home

Very sad. :depressed

hello13
06-26-2007, 08:40 AM
-A WWE.com report matches details reported in last week's Torch Newsletter that WWE continues to work on a new drug testing policy with a third-party agency. The Torch Newsletter also reported that one agency WWE has worked with is the same that tests for Major League Baseball. States WWE.com: "WWE has been working diligently to complete its new wellness program for talent, which includes an aggressive drug and steroid testing program and heightened cardiovascular monitoring. The company believes it has identified a third-party that will be able to implement the program, which will be done independently of WWE, and is going through final phases of its due diligence. WWE believes the program will be ready to implement before the end of the first quarter of 2006."

steppy
06-26-2007, 08:45 AM
Here is something I got off of another board. Not saying it's true but it puts a different spin on things...

"A GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) has heard in his circle is that Chris Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room apparently suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a separate relationship), and his fans. He then fashioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the banister in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home."

hello13
06-26-2007, 08:45 AM
bullshit I'm not even gonna watch that video.

http://www.supermanhomepage.com/images/smallville6/batista.jpg

100% roids
ok, you do realize that in not benoit....

and

they have suspended chris masters, eugene, and joey mercury as well as other wrestlers in the past months due to them violating their wellness policy.......

hello13
06-26-2007, 08:47 AM
I seriously doubt Benoit killed his son.

His wife, for whatever reason, I can see. But I doubt he killed his kid.

lebomb
06-26-2007, 08:47 AM
Here is something I got off of another board. Not saying it's true but it puts a different spin on things...

"A GBI (Georgia Bureau of Investigations) has heard in his circle is that Chris Benoit's wife killed their son Daniel, called Chris and told him to rush home because of an emergency which is why he missed last Sunday's Vengeance PPV. Upon arriving home Benoit killed his wife in a rage for the death of his son and then killed himself Monday morning. His wife's body was found in the master bedroom, strangled with the cord from an alarm clock. The son's body was found in his room apparently suffocated with a garbage bag. Chris then wrote a suicide note explaining what had happened, apologized to his family, his other children (from a separate relationship), and his fans. He then fashioned a slip-knot noose from from rope taken from the garage and hung himself from the banister in the foyer of his suburban Atlanta home."

Wow.....that is crazy! Why would she kill her 7yr old son??? :depressed

hello13
06-26-2007, 08:49 AM
Wow.....that is crazy! Why would she kill her 7yr old son??? :depressed
maybe he caught her having an affair.

or maybe she couldnt deal with him anymore.

the same reason mothers abandon and kill their infants.

http://www.wwe.com/shows/ecw/superstars/chrisbenoit/photos1/4959102/14.jpg

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2007, 08:54 AM
ok, you do realize that in not benoit....

and

they have suspended chris masters, eugene, and joey mercury as well as other wrestlers in the past months due to them violating their wellness policy.......I fucking know that's not Benoit, it's that 6'8" motherfucker Batista. I was going against the argument that these WWE dudes don't use roids, when their whole lives and career depend on them. They've even shown Hogan's old ass take roids on TV before.

lebomb
06-26-2007, 08:56 AM
maybe he caught her having an affair.

or maybe she couldnt deal with him anymore.

the same reason mothers abandon and kill their infants.

........yeah, I know it happens.....I will just never understand it though. I feel terrible is I accidentally thump one of my kids in the head playing around. To hurt and innocent child.....I HATE FUCKS that do this!!! :ihit

hello13
06-26-2007, 08:56 AM
I fucking know that's not Benoit, it's that 6'8" motherfucker Batista. I was going against the argument that these WWE dudes don't use roids, when their whole lives and career depend on them. They've even shown Hogan's old ass take roids on TV before.
their wellness policy was instated like 2 years ago...im not talking about 20 years ago.

in my opinion, I do not think Benoit ever took them.

and hogan is not a signed wwe wrestler...he has not been a mainstay on wwe tv in years...aside from a few pop ins here and there, his career in the ring is over.

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2007, 08:57 AM
I started watching wrestling again in the mid 90's and Chris Benoit was the reason for it....was the only guy I would have paid to watch wrestle, because he always gave his all in the ring.
Yeah, he gave it his all in a fake scenario.

WWE is the gayest shit ever, I can't believe I used to watch WWF when I was like 10.

lebomb
06-26-2007, 08:57 AM
.............that 7yr old kid didnt have anything to do with anything regarding Benoit or his wife.

lebomb
06-26-2007, 08:58 AM
Yeah, he gave it his all in a fake scenario.

WWE is the gayest shit ever, I can't believe I used to watch WWF when I was like 10.

Its just entertainment.....a big ol soap opera. It no different than watching Desperate Housewives.

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2007, 09:00 AM
their wellness policy was instated like 2 years ago...im not talking about 20 years ago.

in my opinion, I do not think Benoit ever took them.

and hogan is not a signed wwe wrestler...he has not been a mainstay on wwe tv in years...aside from a few pop ins here and there, his career in the ring is over.http://wwm.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/Benoit.jpg

who knows if he did or not

And with the Hogan comment it's just an example of a wrestler that uses them regularly, and I find it hard to imagine that that's not the case for a bunch of other of those guys.

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2007, 09:01 AM
Its just entertainment.....a big ol soap opera. It no different than watching Desperate Housewives.I can't see how people enjoy it so much, just watch UFC.

Big Pimp_21
06-26-2007, 09:03 AM
WWE may be "fake" or scripted, but you can't deny the amount of effort that goes into what they do night in and night out.

ALVAREZ6
06-26-2007, 09:05 AM
WWE may be "fake" or scripted, but you can't deny the amount of effort that goes into what they do night in and night out.It's wasted effort.

Fight in a real competition.

whottt
06-26-2007, 09:06 AM

Man, that is bizarre....but that makes more sense to me than Benoit being called home from a PPV and killing his wife and kid right as they are about to put the one big title he doesn't have on him.

He was very much an eye for an eye type dude...I could actually see him avenging his child by taking her life and then taking his own. That does sound like something he would do if faced with that situation.

hello13
06-26-2007, 09:08 AM
It's wasted effort.

its very real for them.

the only thing fake about it is the scripted outcome.

injuries, skill, training, etc...its all real.

Big Pimp_21
06-26-2007, 09:08 AM
In that case, one could argue that almost all of TV is wasted effort. Its entertainment, just like soaps, sitcoms, and CSI...but it doesn't mean you have to watch it or like it.

whottt
06-26-2007, 09:13 AM
Seriously...why go see a movie? You know the outcome is scripted...it's not real.

Those guys put their bodies through more than any pro athlete does...they do what they do 300+nights a year.

Getting dropped on their heads, backs and shoulders...

I mean Benoit had a broken neck 5 years ago...that's not fake.

whottt
06-26-2007, 09:19 AM
It's wasted effort.

Wrestling used to be real...but it in it's pure form it's a lousy spectator sport, doesn't draw, and doesn't produce much income.

That's why you don't see any Greco Roman or FreeStyle tours being coverd in the Sports section.

It became fake and about showmanship, and all the choreographed tumbling, so it would be more exciting.

And submission wrestling is probably the most superior form of fighting...it's tough to do anything when your knee or ankle have had the tendons ripped from them.

Back when it was real they had a standing challenge to every champion in just about every other sport...and none of those guys ever wanted any part of the wrestling champion.

whottt
06-26-2007, 09:29 AM
Muhammad Ali's favorite wrestler and the inspiration for his cocky arrogant public persona...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wagner

Don't tell me you guys never realized Ali's larger than life public persona was direct ripoff of the original wrestling heel...

Gorgeous(I am so pretty) George

lebomb
06-26-2007, 09:45 AM
Just read on MSN:

Cops: Death of Benoit, family details 'bizarre'

FAYETTEVILLE, Ga. (AP) - Pro wrestler Chris Benoit canceled a pay-per-view appearance at the "Vengeance" event in Houston because of "personal reasons" a day before he, his wife and their 7-year-old son were found dead in an apparent murder-suicide.

Details of the deaths "are going to prove a little bizarre" when released to the public, Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard told the Atlanta Journal-Constitution. Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation in DeKalb County.

Authorities were investigating the deaths at a secluded Fayette County home as a murder-suicide and were not seeking any suspects.

Investigators believe Benoit, (pronounced ben-WAH) killed his wife and son over the weekend and then himself sometime Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three different rooms of the house on Green Meadow Lane, in a subdivision off a gravel road about two miles from the Whitewater Country Club.

Ballard told The Associated Press a gun was not used in any of the deaths. But he declined to say how the three died.

"We're pretty sure we know, but we want to confirm it with the crime lab," Ballard said early Tuesday.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not return phone calls. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who received "several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning."

Sheriff's Lt. Tommy Pope told WSB-TV that the three were found about 2:30 p.m., but he wouldn't release other details.

Stamford, Conn.-based WWE also said on its Web site it had been asked by authorities not to release further information on the deaths of Benoit, 40; his wife, Nancy, 43; and son, Daniel.

Benoit was born in Montreal. He was a former world heavyweight champion, Intercontinental champion and held several tag-team titles over his career. He was known by several names including "The Canadian Crippler."

"WWE extends its sincerest thoughts and prayers to the Benoit family's relatives and loved ones in this time of tragedy," the company said in a statement on its Web site.

Benoit had maintained a home in metro Atlanta from the time he wrestled for the defunct World Championship Wrestling.

The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas, and USA Network aired a three-hour tribute to Benoit in place of the scheduled wrestling telecast.

Benoit's wife managed several wrestlers and went by the stage name, "Woman," The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported.

They met when her then-husband drew up a script that had them involved in a relationship as part of an ongoing story line on World Championship Wrestling, the newspaper said.

Maybe she was having an affair and he WENT OFF. :depressed

MoSpur
06-26-2007, 10:05 AM
What a sad story.

easjer
06-26-2007, 10:07 AM
As much as the other scenario makes sense with what we 'know' or 'believe' of Benoit, and as much as I would like to believe it . . . I don't think I do. The other reports that are coming out from verifiable media sources don't support it - the unverified source has the son dying first, the wife second, Benoit coming home (he was not in Texas, so he would not have been leaving from here as some have claimed), and the rooms were the bodies are found in different locations (bedroom vs. living room, staircase vs. weight room).

It seems a lot more like someone trying to make sense of things based on what they hope/know.

Without trying to be overly morbid or excusing, I could see a case in which Benoit may have killed his son as some kind of gesture of 'mercy' - similar to Andrea Yates drowning her children to 'save' them. I guess it's just easier to try and figure out the motivations in the face of this kind of tragedy.

cornbread
06-26-2007, 10:25 AM
It's wasted effort.

There are a ton of mma fighters who have and still perform in pro-wrestling matches in Japan. They do it because it's an opportunity for them to make big money. Sakuraba was a pro-wrestler before he ever fought in Pride. Ken Shamrock was the first to make the jump back when UFC really paid its fighters peanuts. These guys are just trying to get paid like everybody else.

The Red Hood
06-26-2007, 10:58 AM
Just finished watching a replay of Benoit on Living man the guy was a class act say what you will about wrestling but Benoit was just nothing like other wrestlers he was truly a professional seeing him carry shelly miles play thumb wrestling with her and letting her hold his championship belt all brought a tear to my eye and gave me a bittersweet feeling he was a heel (bad guy wrestler) for his days in WCW until he started to build a huge fanbase causing the WWF to make him a babyface (good guy wrestler)

Shaolin-Style
06-26-2007, 11:09 AM
This is sad.

The problem most people saying with him "going off" on his wife and finishing his son and himself is the nature of how it was done. No gunshot or stab wounds doesn't seem to fit the profile of a enraged murderer-suicide.

Of course the WWF is now starting to pull all his merchandise and tribute videos from their website, so I guess they believe it.

easjer
06-26-2007, 11:39 AM
This is sad.

The problem most people saying with him "going off" on his wife and finishing his son and himself is the nature of how it was done. No gunshot or stab wounds doesn't seem to fit the profile of a enraged murderer-suicide.

Of course the WWF is now starting to pull all his merchandise and tribute videos from their website, so I guess they believe it.

Nah, it depends on how it's done. Passion killings/heat of the moment can also include stabbing, strangulation, and hits to the head with a heavy object or a push down some stairs (the last two are generally more accidental). Gunshots happen more easily if guns are present, which might not have been the case in this household. Can you tell I watch too much CourtTV/Dateline/48 Hours Mystery?

As for the WWE pulling his stuff, a rumor (and I stress RUMOR) that I heard today from an officemate is that someone with the WWE received a suicide note/message from Benoit and they are aware of all the details and have been asked not to release anything.

Additionally, while they may mourn their friend/colleague, they don't want to be accused of disrespect or trying to profit from a tragedy. And not wanting to be associated with a murder/suicide is hardly criminal.

lebomb
06-26-2007, 11:41 AM
Nothing, and I mean nothing is bad enough with someones life that they have to kill their entire family.

easjer
06-26-2007, 12:13 PM
Nothing, and I mean nothing is bad enough with someones life that they have to kill their entire family.

Unless your brain isn't working correctly.

Don't get me wrong - I don't excuse or condone taking anyone's life (except for self-defense) for any reason.

But I do know firsthand that people with brain chemistry issues don't think logically or rationally. They aren't seeing clearly or behaving in a normal way. There is almost an internal logic that makes an eerie sort of sense. You can almost follow along to how they reached the conclusion that killing their beloved wife/child makes sense. You have to take a big leap of an assumption before it makes sense (which is usually the gap between sanity and lack of), but there is often a path that seems like the only thing to do.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-26-2007, 12:32 PM
wow...............

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

ATLANTA -- Pro wrestler Chris Benoit strangled his wife and smothered his son before hanging himself in his weight room, a law enforcement official close to the investigation told The Associated Press on Tuesday.

Authorities also said they are investigating whether steroids may have been a factor in the deaths of Benoit, his wife and their 7-year-old son. Steroid abuse has been linked to depression, paranoia, and aggressive behavior or angry outbursts known as "roid rage."

"We don't know yet. That's one of the things we'll be looking at," Fayette County District Attorney Scott Ballard said, adding test results may not be back for weeks.

Autopsies were scheduled Tuesday by the Georgia Bureau of Investigation.

Authorities were investigating the deaths at a secluded Fayette County home as a murder-suicide and were not seeking any suspects. The official who described the manner of death spoke on the condition of anonymity because the information was to be released at a news conference later Tuesday.

Benoit canceled a pay-per-view appearance at the "Vengeance" event in Houston because of "personal reasons" a day before the three were found dead.

World Wrestling Entertainment said on its Web site that it asked authorities to check on Benoit and his family after being alerted by friends who received "several curious text messages sent by Benoit early Sunday morning." The WWE canceled its live "Monday Night RAW" card in Corpus Christi, Texas.

Investigators believe Benoit (pronounced ben-WAH) killed his wife, 43-year-old Nancy, and son Daniel during the weekend and then himself Monday. The bodies were found Monday afternoon in three separate rooms of the house, off a gravel road about two miles from the Whitewater Country Club.

Fayette County Coroner C.J. Mowell did not return calls seeking comment. The answering service for his funeral home said he was out of town.

Asked about the condition of the interior of the house, sheriff's Sgt. Keith Whiteside said investigators found "nothing really out of the ordinary." He said Benoit was found in the home's weight room, his wife in an office and the son in an upstairs bedroom.

lebomb
06-26-2007, 12:41 PM
Yep..........that dumb ass SNAPPED!!!! :depressed

DudleyDawson
06-26-2007, 12:54 PM
anyone going to the Smackdown/ECW tapings tonight, and how will you react to any clips/tributes to Benoit?

rayray2k8
06-26-2007, 12:59 PM
The sad thing is that WWE will remember him for a few seconds and then they'll move on as they try to distance themseleves from the situation...

lebomb
06-26-2007, 01:05 PM
anyone going to the Smackdown/ECW tapings tonight, and how will you react to any clips/tributes to Benoit?

I had tickets.....but had to unload them at the last minute because of a schedule conflict.....Im kinda glad Im not going now. :oops

DudleyDawson
06-26-2007, 01:12 PM
I had tickets.....but had to unload them at the last minute because of a schedule conflict.....Im kinda glad Im not going now. :oopsyesterday when the news broke I felt like going to pay my respects, but now I don't think I can. The WWE is really putting their fans in an awkward position tonight.

thispego
06-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Remember when Owen Hart died?? that was pretty fuckin sad, too. Of course that was an accident, but the fact that you were'nt sure who it was in the Blue Blazer costume that fell from the ceiling... pretty scary.

I fell out of the WWF stage before benoit really made it to the wwf and I didnt watch much wcw. But i am pretty familiar with him as a wrastler and a stand-up guy who was well-respected among his colleagues and a hard worker. What a shame.

I also didnt know that eddie gurrero jr died. what happened to him? sounds familiar but i forget

cornbread
06-26-2007, 01:18 PM
I also didnt know that eddie gurrero jr died. what happened to him? sounds familiar but i forget
Heart failure. The same ailment that kills so many of them while they're still young.

thispego
06-26-2007, 01:20 PM
Heart failure. The same ailment that kills so many of them while they're still young.
That's right. It's all coming back to me now

Creation88
06-26-2007, 01:21 PM
i'm going to the ECW/Smackdown! tapings tonight. my mom scored some extra tickets from the Dr. she works for.

should be interesting.

there will be no storylines tonight, just wrestling matches.

johnsmith
06-26-2007, 01:25 PM

they test for roids now

benoit was clean...always was. no drugs for him

You're an idiot.

LuvBones
06-26-2007, 01:48 PM
Remember when Owen Hart died?? that was pretty fuckin sad, too. Of course that was an accident, but the fact that you were'nt sure who it was in the Blue Blazer costume that fell from the ceiling... pretty scary.

I fell out of the WWF stage before benoit really made it to the wwf and I didnt watch much wcw. But i am pretty familiar with him as a wrastler and a stand-up guy who was well-respected among his colleagues and a hard worker. What a shame.

I also didnt know that eddie gurrero jr died. what happened to him? sounds familiar but i forgetThat was truly sad when Owen Hart died. I pretty much stopped watching wrestling altogether after he died. :(

Avitus1
06-26-2007, 01:52 PM
It was pretty sad when Eddie Guerrero died....

Marklar MM
06-26-2007, 01:54 PM
Just wondering...how do they know that Chris killed them both. As previously stated, what if the mother had something to do with it?

kyleo
06-26-2007, 02:36 PM
Just wondering...how do they know that Chris killed them both. As previously stated, what if the mother had something to do with it?
Usually forensics would clear that up, I think, provide time of death estimates and an outline of events.

thispego
06-26-2007, 02:44 PM
That was truly sad when Owen Hart died. I pretty much stopped watching wrestling altogether after he died. :(
i remember, my friends and I didnt have a cable box back then so the only way to watch payperview wrestling matches was to buy the live events and watch them over my 56k modem. It was really choppy and didnt look good at all but you could keep up with the action fairly well.
Well we were watching the event when Owen died and it was very confusing, we especially thought it was a hoax when they finished the final two matches like almost nothing had happened.

It always seems like the best of them ("professional wrestlers") are the ones to go before their time.

easjer
06-26-2007, 02:48 PM

Time of death can be pretty accurately estimated in most environments, and presumably TOD indicates the wife was killed several hours in advance of her son. Unless Benoit did something incredibly CSI and lowered or raised the temperature radically for the duration (which would have affected the rate of decay of the body and/or the temperature of the body), then they've got a pretty good idea of what happened and when.

Every actual report coming out at this time (and will probably be confirmed by the official press release later today) says that the mother died first, on Saturday, eliminating the possibility of suffocating her son on Sunday. Unless they find something very startling in the autopsies, like some slow-acting poison in his system, all indications are that Benoit killed his wife and then his son and then himself.

Marklar MM
06-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Well I know the time of death stuff. Didn't know it was out yet.

easjer
06-26-2007, 02:59 PM
Sorry, yeah. It should be officially out later today. But all the reputable sources have it listed in that order (Wife/Saturday, child/Sunday) from a 'source' inside the DA's office or the coroner's office. I expect the official report will simply back that up.

lebomb
06-26-2007, 03:07 PM
Just heard on ticket760 that police found STEROIDS in Benoits house.....so much for his ass being clean. :rolleyes

tsb2000
06-26-2007, 03:12 PM
If you've got Sirius and listened to Bubba's show today (on now), there was some wierd/sad/eerie info that was coming out of the Atlanta area. Apparently, there were Bibles found by both the mom's and the kid's bodies.

Also, while Eddie Guerrero indeed died of heart failure, that was compounded by years of steroid and drug use. Eddie is buried about 2 miles from my house in Scottsdale.

Sad. It's also interesting how Congress is all over MLB for basically one person (Bonds) using steroids, but most if not all of the people in WWE are juiced. I know Vince invented the whole sports entertainment moniker to avoid any government scruitiny, but I wonder if this will get the attention of anyone in Washington?

whottt
06-26-2007, 04:23 PM
The Journal-Constitution also reported that Benoit and his wife went through a difficult period after their marriage in 2000. Nancy Benoit petitioned for protection against domestic abuse as part of a 2003 divorce filing -- describing her husband as a "threat." In May 2003, a judge granted a restraining order, but both were dismissed upon Nancy Benoit's request three months later.

I never heard anything about this. So he does have it in his past, which means it sure could have been steroids.

So he was nice to everyone else while he was smacking his wife around...then he kills her...but the worst thing is killing his own 9 year old child.

What kind of man kills his own innocent child because of marital problems?

By strangulation no less...

BacktoBasics
06-26-2007, 04:34 PM
Too bad I can't bring him back and kill him again.

cornbread
06-26-2007, 04:36 PM
Also, while Eddie Guerrero indeed died of heart failure, that was compounded by years of steroid and drug use.
No doubt about it. I don't think it's genetics that cause so many wrestlers to die of heart problems before the age of 40.

T Park
06-26-2007, 04:40 PM
Eh.

Can't say that I feel that bad about him as I did earlier.

The guy had some hardcore bad demons that were more than likely exaggerated by the steroids.

lebomb
06-26-2007, 04:40 PM
I dont see how he could kill the child by strangulation.......you know the boy struggled and to see him die in your arms?? WTF!!!!

kyleo
06-26-2007, 04:42 PM
I never heard anything about this. So he does have it in his past, which means it sure could have been steroids.

So he was nice to everyone else while he was smacking his wife around...then he kills her...but the worst thing is killing his own 9 year old child.

What kind of man kills his own innocent child because of marital problems?

By strangulation no less...
He completely fits the family annihilator profile:

The Family Annihilator: Fathers That Kill (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/266087/the_family_annihilator_fathers_who.html)

BeerIsGood!
06-26-2007, 04:42 PM
Damn, talk about Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde. Amazing how he was so respected outside the home yet a murderer in waiting inside it.

To me blaming steroids as a major factor would be ridiculous - you didn't see juiced baseball players offing themselves and their families during the roid era. I'm sure it played a part, but there were far deeper demons wallowing around inside this guy's head. I wonder what drove him to it, what the final straw was?

kyleo
06-26-2007, 04:45 PM
Damn, talk about Dr Jeckyll and Mr Hyde. Amazing how he was so respected outside the home yet a murderer in waiting inside it.

To me blaming steroids as a major factor would be ridiculous - you didn't see juiced baseball players offing themselves and their families during the roid era. I'm sure it played a part, but there were far deeper demons wallowing around inside this guy's head. I wonder what drove him to it, what the final straw was?
A scenario is not too difficult to think up: his wife tell him she wants a divorce over the phone, he goes home, confrontation, kills her, then kills his child in an act of supposed mercy fitting the annihilator description. He then cannot live with the guilt and kills himself. The only thing that doesn't fit isn't that this is premeditation months in advance.

lebomb
06-26-2007, 04:46 PM
I wonder what drove him to it, what the final straw was?

No shit!!! He had popularity, a nice home, family, and made at least 500k-1mil a year!!! Man, what could have been better?

Some people are just never satisfied with anything.
:cry

kyleo
06-26-2007, 04:50 PM
No shit!!! He had popularity, a nice home, family, and made at least 500k-1mil a year!!! Man, what could have been better?

Some people are just never satisfied with anything.
:cry
A man can have everything and still be completely unstable.

Richard Cranium
I will never understand how someone could do this.

spurs_fan_in_exile
The more that comes out the more messed up this is. At first it's almost impossible to believe. Prior to this just about everything that had ever been said about Benoit's character would never point to him being capable of this. And yet, listening to the wrestlers recounting his life it's a little easier to believe when you really stop to think about it.

The picture that was painted of him (besides being a loving husband and father) was that professionally everyday he pushed himself harder than anyone else; that he climbed to the heights he reached through an unbending will and drive. The way some talked his passion for wrestling bordered on something religious. It's not impossible to see how a man capable of that kind of intensity could just snap.

I've been a WWE fan on and off for a few years since being a hardcore fan as a kid. The last time I was really interested in watching was during Benoit's championship reign following Wrestlemania XX. The "feel good" factor was similar to Mick Foley's. Here was a guy who had wrestled his way around the world, battered and bruised his body in pursuit of his dream. And without the aid of a catchy gimmick, movie star looks, or hitting a genetic lottery he was finally getting the sort of success that most dedicated fans knew he had deserved for a long time.

It's really hard to put the two pictures side by side of such polar opposites in the same human being.

easjer
06-26-2007, 04:56 PM
A scenario is not too difficult to think up: his wife tell him she wants a divorce over the phone, he goes home, confrontation, kills her, then kills his child in an act of supposed mercy fitting the annihilator description. He then cannot live with the guilt and kills himself. The only thing that doesn't fit isn't that this is premeditation months in advance.

That's what I think the likliest scenario is. I don't believe it was planned months in advance necessarily, but clearly there was some advance notice - his wife was tied up and held down. That's definitely not a heat of the moment passion killing.

I'm just very sorry for his other two children. What a terrible legacy to inherit. I hope their relationship with their mother is very strong.

whottt
06-26-2007, 06:13 PM
He completely fits the family annihilator profile:

The Family Annihilator: Fathers That Kill (http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/266087/the_family_annihilator_fathers_who.html)

Actually...he doesn't.

Benoit had a lot of friends, close friends, long time friends, people that went out of their way to help him and were proud to call him a friend.

He doesn't fit the isolationist aspect of the profile you linked to.

Not to mention the fact that he made a living by getting in his underwear in front of 15,000+ fans every night.

He also worked just about every benefit show for every wrestler/wrestling figure that needed a helping hand.

Benoit had a lot of friends...and he was well liked in his field by his peers.

Fits part of it...yeah, fits it completely? No.

I want to find out what the prescription drugs were that he was on.

I don't think this is just a case of steroid agression, roid rage doesn't last for 3 days.

whottt
06-26-2007, 06:41 PM
The more that comes out the more messed up this is. At first it's almost impossible to believe. Prior to this just about everything that had ever been said about Benoit's character would never point to him being capable of this. And yet, listening to the wrestlers recounting his life it's a little easier to believe when you really stop to think about it.

The picture that was painted of him (besides being a loving husband and father) was that professionally everyday he pushed himself harder than anyone else; that he climbed to the heights he reached through an unbending will and drive. The way some talked his passion for wrestling bordered on something religious. It's not impossible to see how a man capable of that kind of intensity could just snap.

I've been a WWE fan on and off for a few years since being a hardcore fan as a kid. The last time I was really interested in watching was during Benoit's championship reign following Wrestlemania XX. The "feel good" factor was similar to Mick Foley's. Here was a guy who had wrestled his way around the world, battered and bruised his body in pursuit of his dream. And without the aid of a catchy gimmick, movie star looks, or hitting a genetic lottery he was finally getting the sort of success that most dedicated fans knew he had deserved for a long time.

It's really hard to put the two pictures side by side of such polar opposites in the same human being.

I agree with this post, and the last time I watched wrestling was when they put the title on Benoit...

I guess somewhere along the way he just lost it, and the normal failsafe triggers that go off when you are about to do something hugely wrong, didn't kick in for him...he just went off the deep end.

The fact that he killed his son a day or so after killing his wife is what I find most disturbing...

Men and Women do cruel things to each other and they can often bring out the worst in each other, even if it's only momentarily, I am sure most of us have been in the kind of relationship that seems to bring out our worst(although I have never understood why people try to make these work). I am not excusing it, but it does happen and you can at least see how it could happenn in a fit of rage or something.

But sitting there after he's killed his wife and deciding to murder an innocent child the next day....to me, any sane man ould have had a trigger kick in that he needed to get help. And there was absolutely no justification for what he was about to do...or the method in which he did it.

Maybe he thought his son was going to be just like him or something and at the point he was so filled with self loathing he just took it out on his child.

Or maybe Easjer was right and he viewed it as a mercy killing...

But somewhere along the way he just lost it...lost his sense of right and wrong, lost his honor.

And then he took the cowards way out so he would never have to face the reprecussions of his actions publicly....

DoubtingThomas
06-26-2007, 06:42 PM
He's innocent until proven guilty but I have no doubts he is a murderer.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-26-2007, 06:53 PM

Dude everyone knew Owen Hart was the Blue Blazer, he played BB before and even the original mookie told us like 20 times that it was Owen Hart.
Eddie died in 2005 I think, OD'ed i believe.

kyleo
06-26-2007, 06:56 PM
Actually...he doesn't.

Benoit had a lot of friends, close friends, long time friends, people that went out of their way to help him and were proud to call him a friend.

He doesn't fit the isolationist aspect of the profile you linked to.

Not to mention the fact that he made a living by getting in his underwear in front of 15,000+ fans every night.

He also worked just about every benefit show for every wrestler/wrestling figure that needed a helping hand.

Benoit had a lot of friends...and he was well liked in his field by his peers.

Fits part of it...yeah, fits it completely? No.

I want to find out what the prescription drugs were that he was on.

I don't think this is just a case of steroid agression, roid rage doesn't last for 3 days.
Listen to Dean Malenko's interview again. He referred to Benoit as a private person with very few close friends. Guerrero, Benoit, and Malenko were very close because of their time in Japan, and while some wrestlers would say they knew Benoit, they were really lockerroom acquaintances. There's nothing that says this type cannot appear normal, placid on the outside, be well-liked, be a good guy who works benefit shows like the Pillman Memorial. If you check out Malenko's interview, the way he talks about him is eerie.

exstatic
06-26-2007, 07:20 PM
Roid rage. He snapped, strangled his wife, then realized what he had done, and did the rest. They found fucking steroids in his house.

whottt
06-26-2007, 07:23 PM
Listen to Dean Malenko's interview again. He referred to Benoit as a private person with very few close friends. Guerrero, Benoit, and Malenko were very close because of their time in Japan, and while some wrestlers would say they knew Benoit, they were really lockerroom acquaintances. There's nothing that says this type cannot appear normal, placid on the outside, be well-liked, be a good guy who works benefit shows like the Pillman Memorial. If you check out Malenko's interview, the way he talks about him is eerie.

But he tends to be isolated, with no close friends or support system of his own, aside from his family.

He had close friends...Malenko, Gurerro, Owen Hart, when he was younger, Tom Billington, Stu Hart......I mean how many close friends does anyone have? Especially after you get married? More than 4? That's rare I think...if that's the case than just about every middle aged guy I know fits the profile.

As for the rest...I agree, but the profile you linked to classifies that type of murderer as a near social retard incapable of forming friendships outside of his family.

That is not Benoit's profile. He had longterm close friendships to serve as a support group....going back 10-20 years. His best friends were those that had known him longest.

That does not fit your profile exactly.

But it does bring up something interesting...

There's no doubt Eddie Gurerro was Benoit's best friend...and Eddie was a great friend to a lot of people, maybe that loss of his best friend and confidant affected Benoit more than anyone realized.

I remember after Eddie died, when Benoit was remembering him he broke down and cried like a baby...he was pretty much inconsolable. And you know...I don't think Benoit was ever the same after Eddie died...his matches never had the same spark.

timvp
06-26-2007, 07:29 PM
It's hard for me to believe a guy some were characterizing as a "good guy" could end up doing what this guy did. I think the line is blurred between his real character and the good guy character he portrayed in wrestling.

I don't think anyone can really know what type of character he had when he was basically a paid actor. The reports of him beating up his wife and his ultimate demise tell me more than what could be displayed in a wrestling ring.

whottt
06-26-2007, 07:37 PM
It's hard for me to believe a guy some were characterizing as a "good guy" could end up doing what this guy did. I think the line is blurred between his real character and the good guy character he portrayed in wrestling.

I don't think anyone can really know what type of character he had when he was basically a paid actor. The reports of him beating up his wife and his ultimate demise tell me more than what could be displayed in a wrestling ring.

Benoit couldn't act to save his life...that's why his American success never matched his success in Japan, where he was legend by the age of 25.

He was the most technically gifted wrestler in the world, but he was boring, he had no personality...no one would pay to watch him because he was so mechanical and methodical in his wrestling.

Those were the criticisms of him.

And yes...I know those sound familiar to Spursfans.

He basicaly played one character for his career...sincere good guy. THey tried to make him a heel and tried to give him a stage presence as good as his in-ring ability(he was probably the best in history at that)...but he couldn't act at all. He was all about his in-ring performance.

Anytime someone died and they wanted someone to speak at a funeral, or wrestle a tribute match, he was always just about the first they came too...and he always said yes. And he was always sincere and articulate when he was asked to do this. Many people thought really highly of this guy...including those that knew him best. And the thing that most said about him is that what you see is what you get...he's the same in person and he is on the stage.

midgetonadonkey
06-26-2007, 07:49 PM
Anyone who kills their kid is a piece of shit, no matter what their television persona let on. I hate that anyone gave him nice words. He should have his grave spit and pissed on. He shouldn't be given tributes.

pooh
06-26-2007, 07:50 PM
They just said that on ECW tonight Vince is going to retract or say something about what Benoit did. Also no more tributes would be on the WWF page or on the shows apparently enlight of what happened.

They also said that his wife was tied up and everything as he went into his own sons' room to kill him....that's sad.

JoeChalupa
06-26-2007, 07:53 PM
Anyone who kills their kid is a piece of shit, no matter what their television persona let on. I hate that anyone gave him nice words. He should have his grave spit and pissed on. He shouldn't be given tributes.

Harsh but I concur.

whottt
06-26-2007, 07:56 PM
They just said that on ECW tonight Vince is going to retract or say something about what Benoit did. Also no more tributes would be on the WWF page or on the shows apparently enlight of what happened.

They also said that his wife was tied up and everything as he went into his own sons' room to kill him....that's sad.

Yeah...he drug it out for so long..

His little boy was in that house for a day with his mom strangled to death....and then Benoit basically strangled him too...

That's what's so fucked up. Those are not the actions of a sane human being...those not realy the actions of an insane human being either. Those are the actions of a cruel and sadistic human being...

kyleo
06-26-2007, 08:16 PM
Whottt - I was wondering about Eddie's death as well. Could have easily sent him into this descent. I'm simply going by Dean's own words in terms of how he described Benoit and his ties to other people, and I think he chose them for a reason.

I hope Vince doesn't go overboard tonight in order to draw public sympathy, it's just the kind of shit he would pull. Just say that nothing can excuse what happened and leave it at that.

whottt
06-26-2007, 08:24 PM
Whottt - I was wondering about Eddie's death as well. Could have easily sent him into this descent. I'm simply going by Dean's own words in terms of how he described Benoit and his ties to other people, and I think he chose them for a reason.

You know what's weird though? Malenko is that exact same way. He's maybe a little bit funnier than Benoit...but they were a lot alike.

Meanwhile...poor ole Perry Saturn who can't get a job wrestling anymore and wasn't really cared about by the fans, or the wrestling business, and is considered to be a bad guy because he started kicking rookie wrestlers ass...took some bullets saving a woman from being raped.

johnsmith
06-26-2007, 08:34 PM
The dude was fucking whack, that's pretty much a guarantee. He had all sorts of "issues" (which I think is used as an excuse far too much these days).

He did steroids his entire professional career, anyone that knows anything about bodybuilding or has done it themselves in a serious fashion knows that you can't get that big without them.

So in conclusion, he was fucked up to begin with, it didn't help that he was injecting himself with testosterone among other things and he went even more nuts.

Fuck 'em, and quit analyzing something that doesn't need to be.

whottt
06-26-2007, 08:35 PM
MSNBS interviewed Bret Hart and here's what he had to say...

Sidenote - Benoit was trained by Bret Hart's father and hung out at Hart's house and with his family from the time he was about 16 years old on...Benoit was training some of the younger wrestlers in the Hart clan in Georgia...Benoit was best friends with Hart's brother as a young man, was the main guy they called to deliver Owen's eulogy, and was the guy that wrestleled Bret in the tribute match...

WWE News
WWE News: Bret Hart speaks on MSNBC about death of Chris Benoit
By Wade Keller, Torch editor
Jun 26, 2007, 20:08
Email This Article - Printer Friendly Page - Back to Main Listing

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bret Hart was a guest of Ross Abrams on Scorborough Country on MSNBC. He said he never saw Chris Benoit lose his temper or composure. He said when he first heard early reports, he hoped there was "a better explanation than this." He added: "I think it's going to be a long time before anyone gets over this in the wrestling business."

Abrams asked about Benoit dating Nancy while she was still married to another wrestler. Bret said he didn't know such details. He said Chris never confided marital problems to him. "I always thought he was a good family man and a good husband," he said. Bret said most of his experiences with Nancy came at funerals. Abrams seized that and asked about the deaths of wrestlers of the years. An on-screen graphic said that since 1997, there have been 1,000 pro wrestlers 45 and younger and 65 of them have died - 25 by heart attacks, five of 25 from steroid use, 12 deaths from use of other drugs. The death rate are seven times higher than the general population. There is 12 times the chance of a wrestler dying from heart disease.

Bret talked about steroids and pain kills. He said he understands a lot of that was remedied in recent years. "I don't want to see this pinned on steroids," he said. "I think that there is a deeper - it goes beyond that at this point."

Abrams asked: "Is this going to bring wrestling down? Is this going to be a pock that wrestling won't be able to overcome." Bret said, "No, wrestling will always keep going." He said there's no reason for this to ruin that for everybody. He said everybody loved and respected Benoit, noting, "That's why this is so hard to accept. We all loved him. This is a great man; I can't think of any wrestlers who wouldn't have come to the aid of Chris Benoit and support him in whatever he was carrying around." He said wrestlers are reeling from the deaths of so many of his peers, it's hard to accept. He said depression is a big part of it and this will only magnify it.

Abrams asked if people misread Benoit or was it steroids or another kind of drug that set him off. Bret said that should be left up to forensic experts. He said WWE had a strong drug testing policy in place since Eddie Guerrero died. He said they stamped out steroids. "There is no happy medium; it's no steroids, period," he said. He again said he hopes it's not related to steroids. But then he added that steroids may have been a factor and you need to look at the info as it comes in.

Again Benoit was not some guy that came off as mystery and an enigma...he was a guy that had friends and was respected, the type of man that people in need specifically sought out for support and advice, and if anything, seemed to be a simple, if quiet, man without many hangups or quirks. He was the type of man that an unusual amount of people considered trustworthy.

There was no way to see this coming. Yeah he was quiet but it wasn't the disturbed kind of quiet.

johnsmith
06-26-2007, 08:37 PM
He said WWE had a strong drug testing policy in place since Eddie Guerrero died. He said they stamped out steroids. "There is no happy medium; it's no steroids, period," he said. He again said he hopes it's not related to steroids. But then he added that steroids may have been a factor and you need to look at the info as it comes in.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!

kyleo
06-26-2007, 08:40 PM
You know what's weird though? Malenko is that exact same way. He's maybe a little bit funnier than Benoit...but they were a lot alike.

Meanwhile...poor ole Perry Saturn who can't get a job wrestling anymore and wasn't really cared about by the fans, or the wrestling business, and is considered to be a bad guy because he started kicking rookie wrestlers ass...took some bullets saving a woman from being raped.
God, poor Perry, I hadn't heard that. If Malenko weren't so short and semi-strange looking, who says he doesn't try to go up the mid-card past Cruiser in WWE and get sacrificed to the wrestling gods.

This industry just destroys your soul, I hope they get a union out of this so they aren't forced to work 300+ days, on the road away from their family for the majority of the year. Who knows how that sort of constant immersion in character and this pseudo-macho world alters your perception of reality, not to mention the drugs, alcohol, pain killers, steroids...it needs to be regulated. Doesn't excuse what Benoit did, but maybe some gains can be made for other guys.

whottt
06-26-2007, 08:47 PM
God, poor Perry, I hadn't heard that. If Malenko weren't so short and semi-strange looking, who says he doesn't try to go up the mid-card past Cruiser in WWE and get sacrificed to the wrestling gods.

Malenko has that same, regular guy, in the crazy world of pro-wrestling aura that Benoit had..

This industry just destroys your soul, I hope they get a union out of this so they aren't forced to work 300+ days, on the road away from their family for the majority of the year. Who knows how that sort of constant immersion in character and this pseudo-macho world alters your perception of reality, not to mention the drugs, alcohol, pain killers, steroids...it needs to be regulated. Doesn't excuse what Benoit did, but maybe some gains can be made for other guys.

You'd hope so...when I was kid some of my best friends dad was a wrestler and I spent a lot of time at the arenas and getting to go backstage...this guy was the coolest dude I ever met....he busted his ass and took a beating providing for his family. I am pretty sure he did steroids too. He is all fucked up from it now.

But he was always a nice guy no matter how menacing he looked...I do have to admit, I felt sorry for my friends at the thought of them getting whipped by this dude.

whottt
06-26-2007, 08:48 PM
The dude was fucking whack, that's pretty much a guarantee. He had all sorts of "issues" (which I think is used as an excuse far too much these days).

He did steroids his entire professional career, anyone that knows anything about bodybuilding or has done it themselves in a serious fashion knows that you can't get that big without them.

So in conclusion, he was fucked up to begin with, it didn't help that he was injecting himself with testosterone among other things and he went even more nuts.

Fuck 'em, and quit analyzing something that doesn't need to be.

Don't like the thead? Take a fucking hike...

whottt
06-26-2007, 08:54 PM
And BTW douche...just because Benoit circumvented the policy doesn't mean the WWE is turning a blind eye...they have shitcanned a ton of wrestlers since Gurerro died, including Kurt Angle, who was way more of an asset to them than Benoit...for violating their policies.

They are trying to clean it up...and BTW, not all guys that do roids are murderers in hiding, most of them just want to be bigger to get more girls.

I've never done them, but I know a shitload of people that have...and they are the jocks and popular dudes...not the potheads.

whottt
06-26-2007, 08:55 PM
Hmm...I wonder if Benoit actually got busted by the WWE and they were going to let him go or something...I wonder if that's what set him off.

whottt
06-26-2007, 09:01 PM
Man...why didn't he just divorce her....what is the impetus to stay in that sort of relationship?

I saw this to you now brahs...if a woman is pissing you off really badly, you need to divorce her, no matter how much of an asshole you might feel like...you'll both be the better off for it. It's just not worth it...and American women aren't helpless.

kyleo
06-26-2007, 09:11 PM
Man...why didn't he just divorce her....what is the impetus to stay in that sort of relationship?

I saw this to you now brahs...if a woman is pissing you off really badly, you need to divorce her, no matter how much of an asshole you might feel like...you'll both be the better off for it. It's just not worth it...and American women aren't helpless.
I'd bet it wasn't about getting rid of her. It was about preserving his family, in the distorted reality that had taken over his mind. If he showed the same fanatical obsession with family unity as he did with wrestling, you can imagine where a messed-up head would take a guy focused on that.

whottt
06-26-2007, 09:13 PM
Ok but still...why kill the kid a day later...by the same method he knows killed his mom? What could the kid possibly have done?

It wouldn't surprise me if he caught his wife cheating, that is how he met her after all, and she was a wild woman when she was younger, I mean she called her self Fallen Angel...

...but what did the kid do to deserve that kind of extended terror and trauma before being strangled to death. It's sadistic.

tsb2000
06-26-2007, 09:18 PM
It's an entirely fucked up story there. I was hearing today on the radio the coroners have found needle marks on the kid, where Benoit / wife were giving the kid HGH because they thought he was too small for his age. That was from a caller into a radio show, so take that as unsubstantiated.

whottt
06-26-2007, 09:24 PM
It's an entirely fucked up story there. I was hearing today on the radio the coroners have found needle marks on the kid, where Benoit / wife were giving the kid HGH because they thought he was too small for his age. That was from a caller into a radio show, so take that as unsubstantiated.

Well I am sure if they were doing that it will come out in the coroners report. As if things needed to be even more fucked up.

whottt
06-26-2007, 09:25 PM
http://www.wstm.com/Global/story.asp?S=6714550&nav=2aKD

Dead wrestler was client of company in steroids probe

Associated Press - June 26, 2007 10:05 PM ET

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP) - A professional wrestler who killed himself and his family was a former customer of a company implicated in an upstate New York investigation of illegal steroid sales.

That's according to the Albany County District Attorney's Office, which is conducting the investigation here.

Authorities in Fayetteville, Georgia, say today that Chris Benoit strangled his wife, suffocated his 7-year-old son before hanging himself over the weekend.

Investigators found anabolic steroids in the house and want to know whether the muscular man was unhinged by the bodybuilding drugs, which can cause paranoia, depression and explosive outbursts known as "roid rage."

In Albany, the DA's office confirms the 40-year-old Benoit was a customer as recently as last year of the south Florida company MedXLife.

2 of its co-owners pleaded guilty to drug charges in Albany County in April, admitting they helped get prescriptions drugs in 2006 for customers in upstate New York who had no medical need for them. The pair testified Signature Pharmacy of Orlando filled the orders.

MedXLife, no longer taking orders, attracted customers through its Web site.

Copyright 2007 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

tsb2000
06-26-2007, 09:26 PM
True. Preliminary toxicology reports were expected to be completed today, but I'm sure the sheriff's office needs to go over all of that before any announcements are made.

dawn
06-26-2007, 09:35 PM
I know roids are bad or wrong, but these guys are not dying because of roids alone. These guys are dying due to a mix of heavy heavy pain killer and antidepressant consumption mixed in a lot of the time with alcohol and coke. That is what led to the death of Eddie.

Most of these guys fit a profile also. Pushing 40 if not there, had what would be career ending injuries in other sports, and are willing to do ANYTHING to stay at the top of their game and compete with the younger guys coming in. Mix in being on the road and most of the time in pain over 293 days out of the year, there you go.

I love wrestling and have followed it for years and I am friends with several people still in the WWE. I do think Vince has got to step up and FOR ONCE, take care of these guys and Ladies.

If you have NEVER seen Beyond the Mat, go get it. One of the Best flicks I have ever seen and VERY eye opening to the World and after World of Pro Wrestling.

whottt
06-26-2007, 09:45 PM
I know roids are bad or wrong, but these guys are not dying because of roids alone. These guys are dying due to a mix of heavy heavy pain killer and antidepressant consumption mixed in a lot of the time with alcohol and coke. That is what led to the death of Eddie.

Most of these guys fit a profile also. Pushing 40 if not there, had what would be career ending injuries in other sports, and are willing to do ANYTHING to stay at the top of their game and compete with the younger guys coming in. Mix in being on the road and most of the time in pain over 293 days out of the year, there you go.

I love wrestling and have followed it for years and I am friends with several people still in the WWE. I do think Vince has got to step up and FOR ONCE, take care of these guys and Ladies.

If you have NEVER seen Beyond the Mat, go get it. One of the Best flicks I have ever seen and VERY eye opening to the World and after World of Pro Wrestling.

That...not to mention these guys probably have 40 or 50 concussions in their lifetimes...and they are finding out how destructive concusssions can be.

Something is going wrong with the whole culture of professional sports and athletics.

timvp
06-26-2007, 10:22 PM
That...not to mention these guys probably have 40 or 50 concussions in their lifetimes...and they are finding out how destructive concusssions can be.:td

There shouldn't be any excuse making. No amount of pain relievers, steroids, anti-depressants, concussions, road wariness, cocaine or whatever the excuse of the moment is can explain killing your wife and kid over a period of days and living with their rotting carcases in your home.

No excuses. He was pathetic excuse for a human being who went out in the most cowardly way possible. End of story.

Something is going wrong with the whole culture of professional sports and athletics.

I don't see that. It's huge news in the NBA if a guy shoots a gun straight up in the air. You can't compare that to this.

If you want to say something is wrong with wrestling because a lot of them end up dead before they reach the age of 50, then you can say that. Perhaps only the NFL can boast anything close to such a legacy ... and even they're not really close.

easjer
06-26-2007, 10:25 PM
The thing that throws the monkey wrench into the works is that the wife was bound. That requires some amount of premeditation . . . which makes it harder to understand what set him off. Or how he was able to kill his child.

I can see a mercy killing scenario, but I think it's just that part of me wants it to be something like that, you know? Because as fucked up and wrong and terrible to contemplate as it is, you can sort of make some sense out of it. And that provides some comfort.

Why are people so shocked or shaken by this (or any tragedy like this)? The problem is that people want to understand so they can avoid it. Steriods? Cool, don't take them. Coke? Won't touch it. Depression? I can watch for warning signs and get help. You see these people who appear to have their lives together (whether you know them intimately or not) and look at your own life and know what isn't together and wonder if it could happen to you.

That is why it will be dissected for years and why people will hope to make it something it is or isn't, so that it's further away from something they think they are capable of.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-26-2007, 10:29 PM
And BTW douche...just because Benoit circumvented the policy doesn't mean the WWE is turning a blind eye...they have shitcanned a ton of wrestlers since Gurerro died, including Kurt Angle, who was way more of an asset to them than Benoit...for violating their policies.

They are trying to clean it up...and BTW, not all guys that do roids are murderers in hiding, most of them just want to be bigger to get more girls.

I've never done them, but I know a shitload of people that have...and they are the jocks and popular dudes...not the potheads.

DAMN, so that's what happened to Kurt Angle. I was wondering why he dissappeared like that, they were using him as a main face.

easjer
06-26-2007, 10:33 PM
We don't really watch anymore, so I didn't know that about Angle. Can't say I'm surprised, but I'm really disappointed, because he was one of my favorites to watch. He was fucking amazing. Particularly against Benoit. :depressed

tsb2000
06-26-2007, 10:37 PM
DAMN, so that's what happened to Kurt Angle. I was wondering why he dissappeared like that, they were using him as a main face.

That's not how Angle explains it. Kurt wanted to go to rehab for pain pills, and Vince wouldn't let him take time off. He told Kurt to "rehab on the road." Angle told McMahon to FO and went to TNA as soon as he could.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-26-2007, 10:37 PM
Kurt Angle was a fucking tool, one of the guys that started this whole "Decent looking overly developed wrestler going by his real name with little or no gimmick" thing that drove me away from WWE.

His gimmick was that he was himself. Lamest gimmick ever. That's all you see now in WWE.

easjer
06-26-2007, 10:42 PM
Well, since I only paid attention long enough to watch the matches because the gimmicks annoyed the fuck out of me, I enjoyed the tool. But I can appreciate what you are talking about, having read what Foley did to create his characters. You are probably right that it is a lost art form.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-26-2007, 10:43 PM
it is
thats the whole allure to wrestling imo
we all know in our hearts its fake but it requries a certain degree of brainlessness if you like watching fake wrestling with guys who are pretending to be themselves.

whottt
06-26-2007, 11:06 PM
:td

There shouldn't be any excuse making. No amount of pain relievers, steroids, anti-depressants, concussions, road wariness, cocaine or whatever the excuse of the moment is can explain killing your wife and kid over a period of days and living with their rotting carcases in your home.

No excuses. He was pathetic excuse for a human being who went out in the most cowardly way possible. End of story.

Hmmm...I am not defending it.

You just have to understand...that I followed this guy's career for years and admired the dude for his professionalism and dedication even.

I liked him for many of the same reasons I like the Spurs(and Palmeiro).

It's easy to judge and be dismissive when you aren't a fan of the field or the guy...but when you are, it's a lot more difficult. It does give you a reason to think.

I don't see that. It's huge news in the NBA if a guy shoots a gun straight up in the air. You can't compare that to this.

If you want to say something is wrong with wrestling because a lot of them end up dead before they reach the age of 50, then you can say that. Perhaps only the NFL can boast anything close to such a legacy ... and even they're not really close.

Oh bullshit...NFL. MLB, NHL.

I mean Rod Beck just died at 38...you think that was of natural causes?

NHL players are nearly killing each other these days...

MLB players and NFL players have recently shot and killed people...(Urgeth Urbina much?)

Come to think of it...it hasn't been that long since Jayson Williams was mired in a similar controversy.

You look at the trends in sports, and it is becoming errily similar to the violence and fights to the death in Sports that coincided with the demise of the Roman empire.

I'd say that the NBA is the only sport that doesn't have that trend increasing...but that's because all the guys are stoned.

Weed>Steroids

But still, out of wedlock babies, domestic violence, premature death to drug use...these things happen in the NBA.

Keep in mind that the NBA has a much smaller pool of active athletes than any of these other fields.

whottt
06-26-2007, 11:14 PM
And TimVP...wrestlers die younger than any of the pro sports because they put their bodies through more abuse than any of those other sports.

Wrestlers wrestle every night just about. Imagine if the NFL players played every night, or boxers boxed every night and it's similar to what wrestlers go through.

whottt
06-26-2007, 11:22 PM
it is
thats the whole allure to wrestling imo
we all know in our hearts its fake but it requries a certain degree of brainlessness if you like watching fake wrestling with guys who are pretending to be themselves.

The appeal of wrestling to me was always the great heels...

The guys that could just piss you off endlessly by talking shit, even though you knew it was scripted and was mostly showmanship...the great ones can still piss you off even when you know it's fake...and eventually, you end up liking them.

Ric Flair...

He could just drive people insane by getting on the mic and going on a long rant...and he was a top draw and made a buttload of money doing it.

When I was a kid the big heel in Central and South Texas was Tully Blanchard...

Man this dude would just drive me insane with his hateful obnoxiousness and I couldn't wait to tune in to see him get his ass kicked. Even better when I got to see Ivan Putski do it in person.

I'd say Benoit started the no gimmick gimmick long before Angle did though.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2007, 11:29 PM
He was a good guy, except for that whole double murder & suicide thing.

whottt
06-26-2007, 11:29 PM

Oh...and I think Angle's on TNA now.

kris
06-26-2007, 11:33 PM
And TimVP...wrestlers die younger than any of the pro sports because they put their bodies through more abuse than any of those other sports.

Wrestlers wrestle every night just about. Imagine if the NFL players played every night, or boxers boxed every night and it's similar to what wrestlers go through.

Wrestlers don't die that young because they slam on the mat 300 times a year. It may make them brittle but they die because of steroids and cocaine. That's the culprit.

I defended Benoit earlier before the secondary reports because he looked like a genuinely good guy. I was wrong about that impression. What he did was abominable.

You also can't mold the Benoit slayings into a problem with the sports culture as a whole. Wrestling has like 1 out of every 8 guys die before 60 if not more. Other major sports have some tiny percentage of bad that is only magnified because of their spotlight and ESPN helps portray these image.

Drugs, speeding tickets, shooting a gun into the air, brawls, dog fighting, and even Pacman's strip club incidental don't come anywhere close to this meditated, sadistic killing by Benoit. So it's unfair to put this into the sports culture that is exacerbated by ESPN.

WWE isn't a sport anyway. It's entertainment.

whottt
06-26-2007, 11:36 PM
He was a good guy, except for that whole double murder & suicide thing.

No one is saying that...more like they thought he was a good guy, and he turned out not to be, in fact, he turned out to be a really disturbed and monstrous guy, and it's more a case trying to reconcile how they could be so wrong about him. And many, many were. The people that knew him longest were shipping their kids off to him to train...

Spurfect
06-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Detailed WWE/Benoit timeline
Written: June 26, 2007

Below is a detailed WWE/Chris Benoit timeline from Saturday to Monday:

Saturday, June 23, 2007

Chris Benoit was scheduled to appear at the WWE SmackDown/ ECW live event in Beaumont, Texas

3:30pm
A co-worker received a voice message from Benoit. The message from Benoit stated he missed his flight and over slept and would be late to the WWE Live Event. The co-worker called Benoit back, Benoit confirmed everything he said in his voice message and sounded tired and groggy. Benoit then stated, “I love you”. The co-worker stated that it was “out of context.”

3:42pm
The same co-worker was concerned with Benoit’s tone and demeanor and called Benoit for a second time. Benoit did not answer the call and the co-worker left a message stating “just call me back.”

3:44pm
Benoit called the co-worker back stating he didn’t answer the call because he was on the phone with Delta changing his flight. Benoit stated he had a real stressful day due to Nancy and Daniel being sick with food poisoning. They discussed travel plans for the WWE Tour of Texas with Benoit still sounding groggy at this point according to the co-worker.

4:30pm
A co-worker who consistently travels with Benoit, called Benoit from outside Houston airport and Benoit answered. Benoit told the co-worker that Nancy was throwing up blood and that Daniel was also throwing up. Benoit thought they had food poisoning. Benoit stated he changed his flight and he would be arriving into Houston at 6:30pm. Benoit told the co-worker to drive onto the WWE event.

5:35pm
Benoit called WWE Talent Relations stating that his son was throwing up and that he and Nancy were in the hospital with their son, and that Benoit would be taking a later flight into Houston, landing late, but would make the WWE live event in Beaumont.

6:10pm
A representative of Talent Relations called Benoit. The representative from Talent Relations asked Benoit what time Benoit was getting into Beaumont. Benoit responded he was leaving Atlanta at 9:20pm Eastern time arriving into Houston at 9:24pm Central time. The representative from Talent Relations advised Benoit that it would be too late to make the WWE live event in Beaumont. Benoit apologized citing he had a family emergency. The representative from Talent Relations suggested to Benoit that instead of going to the WWE live event in Beaumont, Benoit should take the flight to Houston, rest up and be ready for the Vengeance Pay-Per-View event.

6:13pm
The representative from Talent Relations called Benoit to reconfirm the travel plans with no answer from Benoit. The representative from Talent Relations left a voice message to take the flight and rest up.

Sunday, June 24, 2007

Text messages sent to co-workers from Chris Benoit and Nancy Benoit’s cell phones:

Text Message 1
Sent to: Two Co-Workers (the same who had verbal correspondence with Benoit the day before)
When: 6/24 at 3:53am from
Message: C, S. My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 2
Sent to: Two Co-Workers (the same who had verbal correspondence with Benoit the day before)
When: 6/24 at 3:53am
Message: The dogs are in the enclosed pool area. Garage side door is open

Text Message 3
When: 6/24 at 3:54am
Message: C, S. My physical address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

Text Message 4
When: 6/24 at 3:55am

Text Message 5
Sent to: A Co-Worker who consistently traveled with Benoit
When: 6/24 at 3:58am
Message: My address is 130 Green Meadow Lane. Fayetteville Georgia. 30215

WWE made several attempts to contact Benoit via phone and text messages, as well as, the local hospitals in the Atlanta area. As of 11:00 pm Sunday night there was no contact made with Benoit.

Monday, June 25, 2007

12:30pm
WWE was notified of text messages sent to the two co-workers.

12:45pm
WWE contacted the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office and requested them to go to Benoit’s
residence

4:00pm
WWE received a call from the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s office, advising that they entered
the house of Benoit and found 3 deceased bodies (a male, a female and a child). The Fayetteville Sheriff’s office has secured the house as a “major crime scene” and that the Fayetteville County Sheriff’s Office had no further information.

whottt
06-26-2007, 11:41 PM
Wrestlers don't die that young because they slam on the mat 300 times a year.

Wrong...they do die because of that, in fact they sometiimes die because of one slam gone wrong with far more regularity than any pro-sport.

It may make them brittle but they die because of steroids and cocaine. That's the culprit.

Sure, but those are also the culprit in most of the other pro sports.

I defended Benoit earlier before the secondary reports because he looked like a genuinely good guy. I was wrong about that impression. What he did was abominable.

Me too...

You also can't mold the Benoit slayings into a problem with the sports culture as a whole. Wrestling has like 1 out of every 8 guys die before 60 if not more. Other major sports have some tiny percentage of bad that is only magnified because of their spotlight and ESPN helps portray these image.

Actually, I can...

I can pretty much find a similar act of violence in almost every pro sport in recent memory.

Drugs, speeding tickets, shooting a gun into the air, brawls, dog fighting, and even Pacman's strip club incidental don't come anywhere close to this meditated, sadistic killing by Benoit. So it's unfair to put this into the sports culture that is exacerbated by ESPN.

Hmmm...a couple of years ago an NFL player had his pregnant girlfriend murdered, Ugueth Urbina in baseball had someone murdered(or did it himself recently)...

WWE isn't a sport anyway. It's entertainment.

The physical destruction that wrestling puts on the body far exceeds that of any of the pro-sports.

Want to do a broken neck count? It isn't cocaine breaking their necks.

Wrestling doesn't have the market cornered on scumbags or drug abusers...or and the NFL can give any thing else a run for it's money when it comes to steroid abuse.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2007, 11:51 PM
Never heard of the guy. Then again, I stopped watching "professional" wrestling at age 7.

whottt
06-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Never heard of the guy. Then again, I stopped watching "professional" wrestling at age 7.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/news/articlephotos/timflairhbk.jpg

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2007, 11:55 PM
Lemme guess, the now deceased "athlete" with TD.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-27-2007, 12:00 AM

No brah, that's Sean Michaels (An SA native) and Ric Flair (A living mummy)

Whottt--I knew of CB since the WCW days but after reading this thread and reconsidering this guy who i didnt like cuz he was so damn boring i have to admit you're right he did start the whole non-gimmick gimmick thing

the guys in wrestling cuz they were actual good wrestlers was few and far between during the NWO WCW years. he was one of 'em.

whottt
06-27-2007, 12:03 AM

No..but Duncan sure was a mature 7 year old...don't you think?

whottt
06-27-2007, 12:05 AM
Whottt--I knew of CB since the WCW days but after reading this thread and reconsidering this guy who i didnt like cuz he was so damn boring i have to admit you're right he did start the whole non-gimmick gimmick thing

the guys in wrestling cuz they were actual good wrestlers was few and far between during the NWO WCW years. he was one of 'em.

When he was at ECW in hte early 90's they tried to give him a gimmick as a psycho who would hurt anyone...it didn't work, no one believed it. That's why he was always booked as a face with no gimmick other than wrestling.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-27-2007, 12:06 AM
I cannot believe people still give the whole "they're not athletes, what they do is no big deal" bit....jesus christ, these guys premeditate who wins the god damn match but that doesn't mean they don't really get some good shots in on each other, and no matter how many springs are below that mat, they still slam into it 50 times a night for like 300+ nights a year.

Doing fake frog splashes, back flips, picking a guy up who helps you by jumping, etc, its all tiring no matter how much help you get.

/endrant

Cant_Be_Faded
06-27-2007, 12:07 AM
When he was at ECW they tried to give him a gimmick as a psycho who would hurt anyone...it didn't work, no one believed it.

I can't believe what you said about Saturn too. Did he die? I actually liked Saturn. He was in Raven's flock during the NWO WCW years.

I will never forget when the whole "Goldberg" thing was going on, he runs into the ring immediately after a commercial break and was like

"I can't sleep at night!!!!!!! I gotta know!!! GOLDBERG, get out here!!!"

Then gets his ass beat by goldberg, rofl....

whottt
06-27-2007, 12:10 AM
I can't believe what you said about Saturn too. Did he die? I actually liked Saturn. He was in Raven's flock during the NWO WCW years.

I will never forget when the whole "Goldberg" thing was going on, he runs into the ring immediately after a commercial break and was like

"I can't sleep at night!!!!!!! I gotta know!!! GOLDBERG, get out here!!!"

Then gets his ass beat by goldberg, rofl....

From Wiki about Saturn:

In April 2004, Satullo was shot three times in the neck with a .25 caliber handgun while foiling an attempted rape, suffering severe damage to his C-5, C-6, and C-7 vertebrae. Satullo only learned of this after he visited a physician and complained of burning sensations in his neck, originally attributing the impact to a punch from behind. After having steel plates and screws inserted into his neck, Satullo returned to the ring on September 17, 2004, and continued to receive epidural treatment. Since then, Satullo has continued to make appearances on the independent circuit but has gone into partial retirement due to the severity of his neck injury.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-27-2007, 12:17 AM
I was one out of 100 million WCW fans who as actually an avid fan of The Flock. I wanted a Flock tshirt but I dont think they ever made one.

kris
06-27-2007, 12:19 AM
Wrong...they do die because of that, in fact they sometiimes die because of one slam gone wrong with far more regularity than any pro-sport.

Sure, but those are also the culprit in most of the other pro sports.

Me too...

Actually, I can...

I can pretty much find a similar act of violence in almost every pro sport in recent memory.

Hmmm...a couple of years ago an NFL player had his pregnant girlfriend murdered, Ugueth Urbina in baseball had someone murdered(or did it himself recently)...

The physical destruction that wrestling puts on the body far exceeds that of any of the pro-sports.

Want to do a broken neck count? It isn't cocaine breaking their necks.

Wrestling doesn't have the market cornered on scumbags or drug abusers...or and the NFL can give any thing else a run for it's money when it comes to steroid abuse.

1. The only death I've heard of because of a slam gone wrong is Owen Hart dropping from the cieling. The cause of death is cocaine and steroids. I don't know how you can't see that.

2. Professional wrestling is a close circle compared to any of the major league/association sports. Their death percentage is off the charts compared to all the other sports combined.

3. I'll give you that there has been other execution style deaths in pro sports, but I'd have to see some stats before I condemn the sports culture. Stats being what is the rate problem for other non-sports people. The backlash on the criminal activity was already underway though. That really wasn't I was asserting though. I was saying that this Benoit tragedy shouldn't be lumped into the other problems so commmonly thought of as problems with sports.

4. Pro football players take much more severe beatings, you have got to be joking. There's a reason RBs have to retire by 32. What other "sport" can you start by age 24 and leave at age 50. But that's besides the point, just because you subject yourself to punishment doesn't make it a sport. Sports aren't set up.

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2007, 12:24 AM
No..but Duncan sure was a mature 7 year old...don't you think?

He calls himself "Merlin" and likes to play paint ball too.

zekes
06-27-2007, 01:09 AM
I was one out of 100 million WCW fans who as actually an avid fan of The Flock. I wanted a Flock tshirt but I dont think they ever made one.

Quote the raven, never more.

BeerIsGood!
06-27-2007, 01:47 AM
Wrestling may be scripted and as so isn't a sport, but I think I'd compare these guys to professional stuntmen who work more days than they don't. It's a brutal life no matter how you dice it.

Does anyone else see how crazy it is that Saturn got shot 3 time in the back of the neck and thought it was a "hard punch"? I know it was only a .25, but damn that's fucking nuts.

whottt
06-27-2007, 01:52 AM
1. The only death I've heard of because of a slam gone wrong is Owen Hart dropping from the cieling. The cause of death is cocaine and steroids. I don't know how you can't see that.

You are kidding right? You must have found a list of all the famous ones that died to draw that conclusion...and at least one Indy wrestler dies per year in ring...I'd say.

This doesn't include the guys who die after matches due to injuries sustained during the match, nor does it include the guys who die of painkillers they are on prescriptions for, because of injuries sustained in the ring.

I don't know where you got coke and steroids being the major culprits...

2. Professional wrestling is a close circle compared to any of the major league/association sports. Their death percentage is off the charts compared to all the other sports combined.

I am not sure...I actually think boxing may be ahead of it...but yeah, I agree. It's a tough, tough business, where we disagree is you thinking they die because they are all drugaddicts who just so happen to be wrestlers...I think it's becuuse they are wrestlers forced to used to drugs to deal with the physical pain caused by the profession.

3. I'll give you that there has been other execution style deaths in pro sports, but I'd have to see some stats before I condemn the sports culture. Stats being what is the rate problem for other non-sports people. The backlash on the criminal activity was already underway though. That really wasn't I was asserting though. I was saying that this Benoit tragedy shouldn't be lumped into the other problems so commmonly thought of as problems with sports.

Well who do you think become wrestlers? Band nerds?

It's the same jock culture...the majority of pro wrestlers are either former amateur wrestlers or football players who weren't good enough to play pro ball.

4. Pro football players take much more severe beatings, you have got to be joking.

You have got to be joking...

Seriously...you have got to be joking.

There's a reason RBs have to retire by 32.

Yeah...because they get too slow to play in the NFL and running is a prerquisite for the position....

You can be a wrestler without speed and without knees...that doesn't mean you take less of a physical beating than football.

It's the more physically destructive than any of the pro sports...and running back is probably the only position out of the major team sports that takes anything close to the physical beating wrestlers take.

What other "sport" can you start by age 24 and leave at age 50.

Any of them, if someone will hire you....and how many wreastlers make it to 50? A lot of them are dead by that age.

But in any sport, you could sign a guy, and keep him on the bench giving only ceremonial minutes, just to draw fans and interest, or for leadership...in fact, the pro sports do that from time to time.

How you like Kevin Willis Mavs stint this year?

And one thing is for certain..the old guys in wrestling, will take more of a beating than the old guys in the other sports.

This doesn't include all the legitimate pro athletes that did play to an advanced age...

Like Gordie Howe, George Blanda...

or TimVP's dominican brethren Julio Franco.

Remeber when the White Sox had Minny Minosa suit up? I think he was like 60.

The Royals had Satchell Paige pitch some innings when he was like 57.

It can be done in any sport if you have people willing to do it...

Wrestling being a fusion of entertainment and sports relies more on name recognition and showmanship than the sports do, and because it is scripted it is easy to cover up for a lack of athelticism, and indeed, some wrestlers have gotten by on little or no athleticism of in-ring ability, but these guys are the exceptions ot the rule, just like in pro sports...and that doesn't mean it's less physical.

What keeps the older guys out of pro sports is simple loss of speed and reflexes...

It's primarily because of the owners...a lot of athletes would never retire if they could find someone to keep giving them work...it happens in wrestling too, but a guy like Ric Flair can sell tickets just by getting on the mic(and he is one hell of an athlete by the way)

But that's besides the point, just because you subject yourself to punishment doesn't make it a sport.

I never said it was a sport...but wrestlers tend to be athletes and come from that background...it is part of the same culture...and there are a ton of pro athletes that are bigtime wrestling fans.

[quote]Sports aren't set up.

:lol

You mean like baseball? And boxing?

Just keep on believing that.

whottt
06-27-2007, 02:00 AM
Just so we are clear on this...

I am not defending Benoit, what he did was as bad as it gets...he's a murderer, he's a wife killer, and he's a child killer, plain and simple, it does not get any lower than that. And in this case, the way he killed his son makes it even more abominal than the typical murder of this sort...

But I'd be lying if I said it wasn't harder to pass judgement on him because I am a former fan. It's just hard to believe, it just is...

kris
06-27-2007, 02:36 AM
I think you and I disagree on a lot of stuff. I loved wrestling back in the "cartoon" days. When that got disassembled by Triple H, Shawn Michaels, etc. I didn't have too much interest in the post 1992-3ish era. Its kind of blurry after that point. I kept up every now and then and had a streak of saturdays where I watched Smackdown, but it was all feigned. I think you know a lot of details you don't on the inside and specifics, but I'm going to resign to disagreement on most of the stuff.

Just one point of clarification, I think these guys mostly got into cocaine when they became pro wrestlers, not when they entered it.

On a different topic - what was your take on Vince McMahon setting up Bret Hart's title loss to end his WWE career?

whottt
06-27-2007, 03:22 AM
On a different topic - what was your take on Vince McMahon setting up Bret Hart's title loss to end his WWE career?

I love Brett...but he had no business trying to put himself ahead of the fed.

He was leaving for WCW and pulled some bullshit about refusing to job in Canada...

Refusing to job when you are leaving for more money = asshole.

Especially because everyone was leaving and trying to screw McMahon in the process...sure Vince probably had it coming, but everyone else that worked for him didn't.

whottt
06-27-2007, 03:27 AM
Oh..and I watched wrestling back in the 70's...when it was fake, but the guys were good enough to where it wasn't blatantly obvious.

The guy who made it blatantly obvious it was fake was Hulk Hogan...I quit watching for pretty much his entire heyday and came back when WCW started bringing in a lot of the great cruiserweights from Mexico and Japan...and when guys like Benoit and Brian Pillman started making the cut. I liked Hulk better as the bad guy anyway...he was always the bad guy to me.

To me...the clown era of wrestling was the Hulk Hogan UW era...I hated that crap. I was always more of a Ric Flair, Terry Funk, Four Horseman type wrestling fan. Just a generational thing I guess.

BeerIsGood!
06-27-2007, 03:42 AM
About the only time I really watched wrestling was during the Cruiserweight days of WCW with the Japanese and Mexican wrestlers. That shit was entertaining IMO.

timvp
06-27-2007, 06:11 AM
Just so we are clear on this...

I am not defending Benoit

That's what it looks like in this thread: http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72381

timvp
06-27-2007, 06:16 AM
In an interview with ESPN.com on Tuesday, Ballard indicated that the boy had needle marks in his arms. The district attorney said he believed that the boy had been given growth hormones for some time because the family considered him undersized.

That to me is the final straw to indicate that this guy has always been crazy. He was shooting up his 7-year-old kid? That's crazy behavior. So yeah, his good guy act was ... an act.

And :lol @ the people who scoffed when I said he was on steroids.

sa_butta
06-27-2007, 11:30 AM
they say they test for steroids, when are they really going to crack down on these guys? They have already really hurt their reputation and their fans. The truth is that most of the guys in there use em and they are not being caught or punished.

whottt
06-27-2007, 12:19 PM
That's what it looks like in this thread: http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72381

Then you need glasses.

The Red Hood
06-27-2007, 12:39 PM
They are now saying that he killed his son with a wrestling choke hold

whottt
06-27-2007, 01:35 PM
Chokehold may have killed Benoit's son

By KEVIN DUFFY
The Atlanta Journal-Constitution

Published on: 06/27/07

Professional wrestling star Chris Benoit may have killed his 7-year-old son with a chokehold, Fayette County's district attorney said Wednesday.

The bodies of Benoit, his wife Nancy, and son Daniel were found in the family's exclusive Fayette County home Monday afternoon. Authorities say the deaths appear to have been murder-suicide.

District Attorney Scott Ballard said the boy had internal injuries to the throat area, but showed no bruises, indicating he may have been locked in the crook of his father's arm. Previous reports have said the boy had been smothered or strangled.

Nancy Benoit, 43, had bruises on her back and stomach consistent with someone pressing a knee into the small of the back while pulling on a cord around the neck, Ballard said.

Benoit, 40, killed himself by wrapping a cord around his neck that was attached to a weight machine, Ballard said. Benoit released the weights — about 240 pounds — to cause strangulation, he said.

Ballard said the pull-down bar had been removed from the machine. He was found seated against the machine in the basement of his home.

whottt
06-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Nancy Benoit, 43, had bruises on her back and stomach consistent with someone pressing a knee into the small of the back while pulling on a cord around the neck, Ballard said.

District Attorney Scott Ballard said the boy had internal injuries to the throat area, but showed no bruises, indicating he may have been locked in the crook of his father's arm. Previous reports have said the boy had been smothered or strangled.

Geezus...he killed them like they were wrestling opponents.

angel_luv
06-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Geezus...he killed them like they were wrestling opponents.

That was my exact thought when I read it- so sad!

Samuel L Jackson
06-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Dude is a psycho and I HOPE HE BURNS IN HELL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kyleo
06-27-2007, 01:44 PM
My God. I really don't know what to say anymore. When I think it can't get worse...

sa_butta
He probably treated them as such, with his "roid rage".

Fillmoe
http://www.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/8/86/Roid_rage.gif

whottt
06-27-2007, 01:49 PM
And it's a definite that they found needle marks in his son's arms. They think he was injecting him with HGH, the details of what he was being injected with and how long it had been going on, will be released in a couple of weeks.

The kid had dwarfism.

Side note - A derogatory nickname for Benoit and Malenko was the Vanilla Midget.

If they were doing that to this kid for a long time that shows that something was seriously fucked up long before the murders occurred.

This poor kid...not only did he suffer from physical deformity, he was fucking being injected with that crap by an unaccepting dad (and maybe mom as well), and then he got to see his mother brutally murdered before being choked to death.

This is possibly the most fucked up murder I have ever heard of.

It definitely wasn't just a case of roid rage...

whottt
06-27-2007, 01:54 PM
It wasn't roid rage...or let me put it another way, it wasn't just roid rage. Although the roids could certainly have been a long term factor. This was a drawn out event...and injecting that kid with HGH had possibly been a long term thing.

I'm speechless.

dawn
06-27-2007, 01:59 PM
On a lighter note for true Texas Wrestling fans you will appreciate this...the good old days. http://youtube.com/watch?v=9B5Hk1NeUBE

I LOVE youtube and all that you can find. There are so many classic matches to watch..ENJOY

Wow...just saw this on WCCW. I am totally buying it. www.rightherepictures.com

Slinkyman
06-27-2007, 02:11 PM
2005 Eddie Guerrero 38 Heart failure *
2003 Curt Hennig 44 Acute cocaine intoxication**
2002 David Smith 39 Heart attack***
1999 Owen Hart 34 Accidental fall
1999 Rick Rude 40 Heart failure believed caused by overdose of GHB, steroids
1997 Brian Pillman 35 Heart attack****

* Guerrero had not used illict drugs and alcohol in four years prior to his death, but his prior lifestyle was widely blamed as a contributing factor.
** Hennig's father said a combination of steroids and painkillers contributed to his death.
*** Smith's autopsy said steroid use may have played a role in his death. His brother-in-law Bruce Hart said Smith "paid the price" for using.
**** Pillman, a former NFL player, had a prior history of abusing steroids and painkillers.

from espn.com (http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/news/story?id=2918274)

Strange, i don't see any deaths from "body slam gone wrong".

kris
06-27-2007, 02:35 PM
I think he did steroids but I don't think he was on them at the time this happened. Just because you stop taking steroids, doesn't mean you all of a sudden lose all your musculature. He seemed like a genuinely good guy every time I watched him, but I suppose he could have been on cocaine.

I hope this turns different than the rampant assumptions being made. Although I never liked him as a wrestler, he looked like a good person.

Until it comes out otherwise, I'll believe Benoit didn't kill his wife and son.

I have no recollection of editing this, but it says I did at 4:34 am.

kris
06-27-2007, 02:36 PM

I don't think anybody is going to convince whott of that.

whottt
06-27-2007, 02:47 PM

That's because that list only includes the famous ones...as I said earlier.

This is what happens when you try to present yourself as an expert on a subject through google.

Wrestlers die in the ring or becuase of ring related injuries every couple of years.

Wrestler: Spider
Birthday:
Hometown: Shelton, Connecticut
Marital Status:
Height & Weight: 6' - 151 lbs
Trained by: Bert Centano
Debut: July 21, 2002
Previous Gimmicks: Stuart
Finishing Move: Arachnophobia (Shiranui)
Favorite Moves: 203 (aka 619)
Kryptonite Krunch
Moonsault
Split-Leg Moonsault
Springboard Kick
Springboard Leg Drop
Venus Flytrap

Notable Feuds: J-Busta

NAWF Junior Heavyweight (formerly the Television title);
NWA NE Junior Heavyweight title ();

Ultimate Championship Wrestling - Spider:

Dan Quirk (as "Stuart") started tagging along with the Scottish Gigolo, as well as being his manager..
Spider attended clinics held by Christopher Daniels, Mike Quackenbush and Tom Prichard..
May 28, 2005: Dan Quirk died after suffering fatal injuries after missing a moonsault at a UCW event in Taunton, MA..
~~~Quirk apparantly took the full brunt of his opponent's weight, which caused him to go crashing down to the floor headfirst..
~~~Quirk performed a Moonsault to the outside of the ring and missed smacking his head on the floor of the American Legion..
~~~Quirk was immediately knocked out with blood visible on the floor and the match was stopped..
~~~An ambulance was called, but all efforts to revive Quirk were unsuccessful. Dan Quirk was only 22 years old..
May 18, 2006--All Out Mayhem in South Portland, Maine: Show included a 10 bell salute to Dan "Spider" Quirk

Thanks to Scott Rodrigues who was in attendance and supplied the accurate details of this tragic accident..

It's probably happened since then....it happens often.

ESPN doesn't cover small feds...

Lesson to be learned?

Don't argue with a wrestling fan about wrestling.