PDA

View Full Version : Lakers making room for Malone?

LakerGod
12-06-2004, 01:37 AM
The Lakers are in trade talks with the Charlotte Bobcats to send Kareem Rush in exchange for draft picks, at the same time The Bobcats released Eddie House.

Are the Lakers making room for Malone's comeback?

It's very possible.

Malone the Duncan stopper is about to make his comeback.

Be afraid!

timvp
12-06-2004, 01:43 AM
Once upon a time a Laker fan told me that Kareem Rush was going to be better than Eddie Jones.

exstatic
12-06-2004, 01:50 AM
Malone the Duncan stopper is about to make his comeback.
:lmao

In the context of last year's Laker team, Malone did a good job on Duncan, but Duncan stopper? Duncan bitch, based on his Utah resume.

T Park
12-06-2004, 02:09 AM
why the fuck would the lakers trade Kareem Rush??

I would trade Luke Walton before Kareem Rush.

Speaking of wich, where is LUUUUUUUUUUUKE

missmyzte
12-06-2004, 02:42 AM
why the fuck would the lakers trade Kareem Rush??

I would trade Luke Walton before Kareem Rush.

Speaking of wich, where is LUUUUUUUUUUUKE

Luke is caught up in an overabundance of small forwards.
But Kareem Rush, as good as a shooter as he is, that's all he is. He makes very poor decisions on the court and plays no D. All he does is stand outside the 3-point line and wait for the pass out to him, very one-dimensional. Bye bye KR!

Kaster
12-06-2004, 02:47 AM
Indeed, Malone in his prime was the superior player to Duncan. But LakerGod, you're a fucking dunce, get back on the short bus and stay there.

Kori Ellis
12-06-2004, 02:48 AM
So, is this Kareem trade just a rumor? Or has it been reported by legit media outlets?

missmyzte
12-06-2004, 04:09 AM
So, is this Kareem trade just a rumor? Or has it been reported by legit media outlets?

It's legit, it's on ESPN's front page.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=1939403

Kori Ellis
12-06-2004, 04:16 AM
Thanks. I looked and saw it after I asked the question.

Well I don't know how heathy Karl is really at this point, but the Lakers are smart to look to make some moves to improve.

iminlakerland
12-06-2004, 04:30 AM
Id rather get rid of DG and his absurd contract...how hard some players will work in their contract year.

missmyzte
12-06-2004, 08:40 AM
Id rather get rid of DG and his absurd contract...how hard some players will work in their contract year.

That's everyone's dream but it's hard to unload injured players with big contracts.

Rummpd
12-06-2004, 09:28 AM
Who cares about Malone? = ENORMOUS YAWN.

Big friggin most over-rated forward in NBA history (3 in league Duncan, Garnett and probably Dirk and/or IN O'Neil are better now) and per multiple posts = the man who could not lead his team to a single title with the premier point guard and probably the best coach in NBA. Regardless, LA with or without him,LA at most a 10-15 team in the NBA and probably number #2 in their own city. His replacements at time have more than held there own and Lakers still struggle vs. weak teams. Their 10 and 7 = mirage, no interior defense and confusion on offense most of the time watching Kobe try to light it up. Kobe and AI are fighting it out for lowest shooting % among true stars no surprise there. His joining the team just reduces the development of Butler etc. and slows down the only real skill LA has = running. Malone is a great passer, I will give you that but with Kobe leading the offense that skill is muted as well.

Wait until next Laker game vs. Spurs when Duncan just eats up the Mailman (ala old times in Utah since he came into NBA) without Shaq camping out behind him and the new rule changes which reduce the ablility of Malone to get by on his only remaining defensive skill (thuggery big time) = mark it down.

Unless boredom hits Spurs = hard to ever see the Lakers beating them again in a season series much less a game.

Maddoc

samikeyp
12-06-2004, 09:45 AM
Indeed, Malone in his prime was the superior player to Duncan.

When Duncan hits his prime....then we can compare.

Spurminator
12-06-2004, 09:55 AM
Malone would be huge for them, if he's able to play at the same level he played at last year. Health will always be a question, though.

SuperManu!!!
12-06-2004, 10:08 AM
Malone is old. He would be our Horry. They should trade Kobe for Okafor....that would help them!!!

Medvedenko
12-06-2004, 11:46 AM
Why is this news....Rush for 2nd rounder....opening a spot for Malone...Great...I like Malone and he works well with Kobe, but the lakers have bigger problems. Obviously, not a long term solution, will be interesting for this year and maybe next. I hope rush does well in the bobcats. I like him as a player and wish him well.

Solid D
12-06-2004, 11:54 AM
How is the Ukrainian Nightmare doing? Is Slava's heel still bothering him?

ChumpDumper
12-06-2004, 11:55 AM
If he's healthy, Malone will help the Lakers -- too much. They'll win a few games, overplay him and he'll get injured.

ducks
12-06-2004, 11:57 AM
mailamn will help then win games and not get as high draft pick

Medvedenko
12-06-2004, 11:58 AM
Slava is in the doghouse...don't know why...just stuggling...maybe he's on the block...who knows. Malone will help, probably play 15-20 minutes a game. Still Vlade is averaging 6 min a game for the last 5...slowly working his way in. The lakers last played on Friday and the next game is on Wednesday...so a lot of practice time...they play the Suns next...should be good game..praying for a close game like the first, not a blowout.

Useruser666
12-06-2004, 12:01 PM
The title of this thread makes it sound like the Lakers are on the can. :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-06-2004, 12:25 PM
Why on earth would anyone touch Malone with a ten foot poll? While I will admit that he a great job on Duncan, the ugly reality is that after a decade of nearly injury free ball he missed half the damn season last year. His age has finally caught up with him, making him too unreliable for anyone to really take a chance on. And on top of that how many forwards does LA have. If they're going to make any pick up they need to get a true center.

Spurminator
12-06-2004, 12:34 PM
Well, besides the fact that "true centers" aren't exactly a dime a dozen on the market, Malone will come cheap and he's a vast improvement over what they currently have in the paint. He'll draw a lot of fouls, hit the mid range jump shot, and even if he was in a wheelchair, he'd still be one of the best passing bigmen in the league.

Medvedenko
12-06-2004, 01:57 PM
True...time will tell how he preforms after the injury....he came back too early last season and was out for the finals...we don't want that this year. Looks like he's taking time to reasess his options and will most likely play with the Lake show. Will this make the Lakers contenders...no, but it will be fun to watch. Having a healthy Divac and Malone in the post can generate a lot of easy baskets....which the lakers need.

samikeyp
12-06-2004, 02:01 PM
Screw Malone! More Slava! (that was for you, dude) :)

Medvedenko
12-06-2004, 04:29 PM
Thanks buddy...he really is the future....

ALVAREZ6
12-06-2004, 04:34 PM
The title of this thread makes it sound like the Lakers are on the can. :lol

yea i don't like it either.

Kori Ellis
12-06-2004, 11:09 PM
Associated Press
CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Los Angeles Lakes guard Kareem Rush was acquired by the Charlotte Bobcats on Monday for two second-round draft picks.

The Lakers received Charlotte's second-round picks for 2005 and 2008.

"He has great size and athleticism, he can shoot the ball well with range and because of his length he can play more than one position," Bobcats coach Bernie Bickerstaff said.

Toronto made Rush the 20th overall pick in the 2002 draft, then traded his rights to the Lakers. He averaged 4.6 points, 1.3 rebounds and 0.9 assists in his first two seasons.

He's averaging just 0.9 points and 1.2 rebounds in 6.5 minutes this season, but has been bothered by a right ankle injury and struggled to crack the lineup behind Kobe Bryant and Caron Butler.

Rush played in all 22 playoff games with the Lakers last year. He scored a playoff career-high 18 points on 6-for-7 3-point shooting on May 31 against Minnesota in the Western Conference finals.

Charlotte cleared a roster spot last week by waiving guard Eddie House.

The Lakers also re-signed Tony Bobbitt on Monday. Bobbitt, a 6-foot-4 guard out of Cincinnati, originally signed with Los Angeles during the offseason as an undrafted rookie free agent. He averaged 6.9 points, 1.4 rebounds and 2.4 assists in seven preseason games for the Lakers before being released.

--------------------------------------------------------

I thought the Lakers were getting rid of Rush to sign Malone. They did it to sign Bobbitt? :lol

ShoogarBear
12-06-2004, 11:28 PM
All right, that means later in the year we get another round of "cut Bobbitt" jokes.

missmyzte
12-06-2004, 11:48 PM
Personally, I'm really excited to see Tony Bobbitt back in LA. He shouldn't have been cut (start the jokes now), they should have waived Tierre Brown. Bobbitt is the one that Peter Holt liked during the SPL.

Kori Ellis
12-06-2004, 11:49 PM
But Misty, what happened to Karl? I thought getting rid of Rush was to make room for Malone. Was that just a rumor?

missmyzte
12-07-2004, 12:14 AM
But Misty, what happened to Karl? I thought getting rid of Rush was to make room for Malone. Was that just a rumor?

That was rumor, we didn't know if it was for Bobbitt for Malone. Wishful thinking said Malone, reality said Bobbitt. This is actually better, the Lakers don't need Malone but we really need a good backup PG for Atkins.

TheWriter
12-07-2004, 12:16 AM
Personally, I'm really excited to see Tony Bobbitt back in LA. He shouldn't have been cut (start the jokes now), they should have waived Tierre Brown. Bobbitt is the one that Peter Holt liked during the SPL.

When was the last time Peter Holt scouted a player that the Spurs signed... opps, Holt is a owner not a scout. LOL

Tawnia
12-07-2004, 01:42 AM
Once upon a time a Laker fan told me that Kareem Rush was going to be better than Eddie Jones.

hmmm, I believe you're referring to a conversation that you had with me, and no, that's not what I said.

milkyway21
12-07-2004, 02:15 AM
...Malone, the Duncan stopper? He can't even beat Duncan when he was in Utah. And if he'd return for the Lakers, it's the end of his "dream" for a title..he'll end up like Ewing.

timvp
12-07-2004, 03:53 AM
hmmm, I believe you're referring to a conversation that you had with me, and no, that's not what I said.

What was the conversation about then? Refresh my memory, ma'am.

It was a long time ago. :drunk

Tawnia
12-07-2004, 10:11 AM
My words were, he has the potential to be a player similar to that of someone at Eddie Jones' level. And what I meant by that was, not a superstar by any means, but someone that could consistently produce when given the playing time. I did NOT mean that he'd average a certain amount of points per game or anything, just someone consistent, but under the radar.

I've seen what he can do when he's given the time and the opportunity, and I still believe he can do well in this league.

Useruser666
12-07-2004, 11:01 AM
My words were, he has the potential to be a player similar to that of someone at Eddie Jones' level. And what I meant by that was, not a superstar by any means, but someone that could consistently produce when given the playing time. I did NOT mean that he'd average a certain amount of points per game or anything, just someone consistent, but under the radar.

I've seen what he can do when he's given the time and the opportunity, and I still believe he can do well in this league.

Rush could not even back up Eddie Jones.

Rummpd
12-07-2004, 11:51 AM
"Indeed, Malone in his prime was the superior player to Duncan."

Total BS period! The day Duncan entered the NBA he was a better all around player that Malone. Head to head or team success absolutely no comparison.

Out

MadDoc

Rummpd
12-07-2004, 12:25 PM
i don't think hes coming back"
quoted by the KB.

www.lakersground.net for what its worth on that disputable cite.

But beware fellow Spurs fans Mitch wonderboy over there just signed a Bobbit (is that the woman with the scissors? or a character out of the Hobbit?)

MadDoc

Sportcamper
12-07-2004, 02:02 PM
Actually Jay Leno himself couldn’t have written better stuff...

Dr. Buss announced to make room on the roster for Karl Malone by January...

Mitch says fine...Tierre Brown’s contract is not guaranteed he will have to go....

Rudy T says... not a chance....Tierre Brown deserves a spot on this team...We are keeping him...

The fans say dump Vlade...he is an embarrassment...

Lakers spokesman...”Big Game James” says Kareem Rush has not shown an interest in this club since his contract extension was not picked up...

Kareem is gone... I LOVE LA..... :lol

Man In Black
12-07-2004, 04:00 PM
I can recall a few years ago from other Laker bandwagon, that they felt that there was no way a Euro like Ginobili could possibly play better than one of Mizzou's finest in Kareem Rush. I laughed then, and I ridicule now.

MosesGuthrie
12-07-2004, 04:46 PM
Kareem Rush looks like Dominique Wilkins but plays like Gerald Wilkins.

T Park
12-07-2004, 05:09 PM
I think its classic.

Here the lakers dump another talented player in Kareem Rush and keep a stiff like Vlade, and when Devean George gets back theres another winner for you.

Classic classic stuff.