PDA

View Full Version : Tony Parker on Mike & Mike Morning Show Now

SenorSpur
06-26-2007, 08:46 AM
Right Now

SenorSpur
06-26-2007, 09:15 AM
Tony basically answered more of the same questions he's been asked repeatedly. Here's a brief summary.

When asked about his incredible year of events (NBA Championship, Finals MVP and his upcoming nuptials) and which event was more important, he smartly replied "getting married was more important." The hosts complimented him on his smart answer and because they too were married men, they suggested that he keep repeating that answer.

When asked about his relationship with Pop, he replied "I first thought Pop was crazy. He yelled at me a lot. But at the end of the day, I wouldn't be where I am without him". He did say he learned a lot of slang (profane) American words from him.

When asked about how he's been able to have success within the Spurs system, he replied that "I've been given the freedom to attack defenses and Pop has entrusted me with more freedom to make decisions." He says that "it helps playing with an unselfish superstar like Tim Duncan." A guy who makes the game easier for everyone.

When asked what his success meant to him in his native country? He responded "how neat it is to see kids in his country wearing Tony Parker Spurs jerseys." He said that he "feels very blessed and proud because he knows personally that to see American basketball they have to stay up and watch at 3:am in the morning." He went on to say he feels very priviledged to be playing this sport and having success.

He was his usual personable, yet humble self. All in all, a decent interview.

O-Factor
06-26-2007, 09:19 AM
Parker is turning into a superstar right before our eyes over the last month.

BigBeezie
06-26-2007, 09:20 AM
Thanks for the recap!! I can't watch or listen to M&M at work....

MoSpur
06-26-2007, 11:03 AM
I was in a rush this morning and didn't watch Mike and Mike.

SA210
06-26-2007, 11:28 AM
Parker is turning into a superstar right before our eyes over the last month.
Yes

MrChug
06-26-2007, 12:06 PM
I can't even believe he went on that show...Mike and Mike hate the Spurs.

SenorSpur
06-26-2007, 12:10 PM
I can't even believe he went on that show...Mike and Mike hate the Spurs.

It turns out that Golic wasn't there today. Doug Gottlieb sat in for him. Greenberg was there as usual.

Obstructed_View
06-26-2007, 01:34 PM
Golic would have asked what it's like to play with boring dirty floppers between bites of donut.

50 cent
06-26-2007, 01:53 PM
Mike and Mike are great. :tu

AnkleBreaker21
06-26-2007, 01:56 PM
he's the only real hollywood player we have, everyone else is to shy