PDA

View Full Version : Garnett to lakers, to join Kobe

coachmac87
06-25-2007, 05:54 PM
rumor has it odom/bynum for KG

Solid D
06-25-2007, 05:57 PM
I may be wrong...but in my mind, trading Odom for KG doesn't help the Lakers dramatically. A team with a healthy Kobe, Odom and KG? Look out!

NBA Forum, though.

coachmac87
06-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Trade discussions have involved the Lakers, Wolves, Pacers and possibly a fourth team. The report says that the Lakers would get Garnett, while the Pacers would land Los Angeles forward Lamar Odom and center Andrew Bynum. The Wolves would likely acquire a lottery pick and young players. Another team would also have to be involved to make the deal work financially

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-25-2007, 05:58 PM
Honestly, it's not that hard. Just fuckin look around to see if it hasn't been posted somewhere else. It's been in the NBA Forum since 2:30.

coachmac87
06-25-2007, 05:59 PM
I may be wrong...but in my mind, trading Odom for KG doesn't help the Lakers dramatically. A team with a healthy Kobe, Odom and KG? Look out!

i think KG and Kobe is a pretty damn good combo..but if u look at it there is nobody else...thats a team i wouldnt want to face in the 1st round tho regardless of whoever is on that team with kg and kobe

L.I.T
06-25-2007, 06:00 PM
Let's have some fun and combine rumors.

Spurs are the fourth team to facilitate the trade financially.

They trade away Barry, Finley, the rights to Scola and Beno Udrih (cuz you know, he's better than Stockton and KJ COMBINED) and we get in return Kobe Bryant.

Why...it would be FAAAANTASTIC.

coachmac87
06-25-2007, 06:02 PM
Honestly, it's not that hard. Just fuckin look around to see if it hasn't been posted somewhere else. It's been in the NBA Forum since 2:30.

ok bitch i dont go to the nba forum...and the only thing ive seen is that it was posted around 4:15 in the nba forum anyways..and ur kermet the frog aint funny

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-25-2007, 06:12 PM
ok bitch i dont go to the nba forum...and the only thing ive seen is that it was posted around 4:15 in the nba forum anyways..and ur kermet the frog aint funny
You just contradicted yourself by saying you don't go to the NBA Forum, but then you say you saw it posted around 4:15 in the NBA Forum. If you saw it posted in the NBA Forum, what was the point of posting it here? This is the SPURS FORUM. This is for SPURS RELATED INFORMATION. This is NOT SPURS RELATED. Get it through your head. And WTF does my Kermit have to do with this? You know what's funny? Your wasted life.

ChumpDumper
06-25-2007, 06:15 PM
ok bitch i dont go to the nba forumPerhaps you should.
and the only thing ive seen is that it was posted around 4:15 in the nba forum anywaysSo you lied about not going to the NBA forum.

Marcus Bryant
06-25-2007, 06:17 PM

NBA Forum, though.

The natives are restless. Kobe is unhinged. It might fall along the lines of 'making a move for the sake of making a move' but it's the Lakers, after all.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-25-2007, 06:17 PM
Perhaps you should.So you lied about not going to the NBA forum.

:lol Exactly! He doesn't even know what he's saying.

coachmac87
06-25-2007, 06:18 PM
You just contradicted yourself by saying you don't go to the NBA Forum, but then you say you saw it posted around 4:15 in the NBA Forum. If you saw it posted in the NBA Forum, what was the point of posting it here? This is the SPURS FORUM. This is for SPURS RELATED INFORMATION. This is NOT SPURS RELATED. Get it through your head. And WTF does my Kermit have to do with this? You know what's funny? Your wasted life.

ok i checked it after u told me it was already posted just to see if u were right...and what do u kno u were wrong about what time u said..and how is this not spurs related???? i think the spurs and the lakers play in the same confrence and why do i see garnett to phx threads?? these trades effect the spurs..now if garnett was going to be traded to the east.. and i dont waste my life in on the computer all the damn time like im sure ur dorky ass does...only a faggot likes kermit the frog after the age of 10...bitch

Kori Ellis
06-25-2007, 06:19 PM
The 4th team is supposedly the Celtics and they end up with Jermaine O'Neal.

coachmac87
06-25-2007, 06:20 PM
The 4th team is supposedly the Celtics and they end up with Jermaine O'Neal.

if they get him...i put them up there top 2-3 teams only if they keep al jefferson..thats a scary frontcourt

coachmac87
06-25-2007, 06:21 PM
i meant top 2-3 in the east by the way

coachmac87
06-25-2007, 06:23 PM
u kno what fuck it..if the celtics get o'neal..they are the early favorites in the east

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-25-2007, 06:31 PM
ok i checked it after u told me it was already posted just to see if u were right...and what do u kno u were wrong about what time u said..
Original Post Time: 2:38. WOW! 8 minutes off! There's a big difference there!

and how is this not spurs related???? i think the spurs and the lakers play in the same confrence
Bonzi also stayed with Houston. Houston is in our conference. Does that mean it should be in the Spurs Forum?

and why do i see garnett to phx threads??
Because you have eyes.

these trades effect the spurs..now if garnett was going to be traded to the east..
Since when was it official that he will be traded to the Western Conference? Let alone be traded at all? It's a strong possibility he will stay in Minnesota you know.

and i dont waste my life in on the computer all the damn time like im sure ur dorky ass does...
At least I provide the SpursTalk with some useful information. You're just wasting your time on the internet because you don't do anything for the people at SpursTalk except get them pissed off.

only a faggot likes kermit the frog after the age of 10...bitch
And where's your mature avatar?

Kori Ellis
06-25-2007, 07:01 PM
Everyone needs to stop trying to be the fucking forum police.

If I want a thread moved, I'll move it.

But (potentially) big trades like this effect the whole league, so stuff like this stays in the Spurs forum.

Stop whining like girls over every little thing.

coachmac87
06-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Original Post Time: 2:38. WOW! 8 minutes off! There's a big difference there!

Bonzi also stayed with Houston. Houston is in our conference. Does that mean it should be in the Spurs Forum?

Because you have eyes.

Since when was it official that he will be traded to the Western Conference? Let alone be traded at all? It's a strong possibility he will stay in Minnesota you know.

At least I provide the SpursTalk with some useful information. You're just wasting your time on the internet because you don't do anything for the people at SpursTalk except get them pissed off.

And where's your mature avatar?

i think that whole quote thing u did...just shows ur maturity...i know alot of people dont agree with half the crap that i say..but then agian what makes a forum fun if everybody agrees what people say??? and dude it isnt my fault u and everybody else gets so butt hurt about what i say...just accept it..if u agree then u agree..if u dont then u dont..and we will have a little fun arguing
:toast

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-25-2007, 07:41 PM

But (potentially) big trades like this effect the whole league, so stuff like this stays in the Spurs forum.

thank you for saying that

but back on topic, if this does go down the Spurs can't just re-sign Oberto and call it an off season , with Scola 99% chance not coming, the Spurs better get Noc

2pac
06-25-2007, 07:57 PM

PMS Forum
/All the dumbasses that post here

HJNTX
06-25-2007, 08:03 PM
I think that would help the Lakers dramatically...

vander
06-25-2007, 08:25 PM
is there some way we could be the 4th team and steal Odom?

that would rule :greedy

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-25-2007, 08:39 PM
is there some way we could be the 4th team and steal Odom?

that would rule :greedy

that makes sense, I'm sure NBA teams want the Spurs to be unbeatable :rolleyes

johngateswhiteley
06-25-2007, 08:47 PM

glad you said it, shit gets old...

jag
06-26-2007, 02:09 PM
This is almost a done deal, heard this on mike and mike.

Lakers get:Garnett
Wolves get:#5 pick in draft, al Jefferson
Celtics get:Jermaine O'Neal
Indiana get:Bynum, Odom

sorry if this has been posted i just saw this, and i would absolutely hate to see this go through.

They went on to say that dont be surprised if the deal gets done today.

George Gervin's Afro
06-26-2007, 02:10 PM
This is almost a done deal, heard this on mike and mike.

Lakers get:Garnett
Wolves get:#5 pick in draft, al Jefferson
Celtics get:Jermaine O'Neal
Indiana get:Bynum, Odom

sorry if this has been posted i just saw this, and i would absolutely hate to see this go through.

They went on to say that dont be surprised if the deal gets done today.

why would you hate this deal? Boston and Indiana get much better while LA has 2 really good players and no one else.

ambchang
06-26-2007, 02:12 PM
Why would Boston trade away a promising young PF and the #5 in one of the deepest draft in recent years for Jermaine O'Neal?

jag
06-26-2007, 02:12 PM
why would you hate this deal? Boston and Indiana get much better while LA has 2 really good players and no one else.

because within a year the lakers could put together some role players and have a hell of a team. I honestly think that Garnett/Kobe > Kobe/Shaq.

Why would Boston trade away a promising young PF and the #5 in one of the deepest draft in recent years for Jermaine O'Neal?

Danny Ainge is an idiot. If they would have moved last week the Celtics could have had Garnett.

FromWayDowntown
06-26-2007, 02:13 PM
Didn't that deal get nixed yesterday?

Spurminator
06-26-2007, 02:13 PM
I honestly think that Garnett/Kobe > Kobe/Shaq.

Who is your dealer?

George Gervin's Afro
06-26-2007, 02:14 PM
because within a year the lakers could put together some role players and have a hell of a team. I honestly think that Garnett/Kobe > Kobe/Shaq.

well 2 players eat up over 50% of the cap and one of the players is 32. I love KG but I cannot see him complimenting Kobe as well as Shaq did.

MoSpur
06-26-2007, 02:15 PM
Wow. Its going to be fun to watch, but doubt the Lakers get to the finals.

samikeyp
06-26-2007, 02:16 PM
Didn't that deal get nixed yesterday?
yes and in the same report on ESPN....Ric Bucher said Kobe still wants out.

jag
06-26-2007, 02:18 PM
I'd rather see this than see Garnett with Phoenix though...

FromWayDowntown
06-26-2007, 02:19 PM
From Chad Ford's blog today:

Latest trade and draft buzz
posted: Tuesday, June 26, 2007

This is supposed to be the time of year that we focus on the draft, but with trade talk flying fast and furious, the entire NBA landscape -- and the draft order, too -- could change dramatically this week.

"There are more teams looking to trade this year than any other time I've seen over the past seven years," one GM told me.

So what's going on? And how does it affect the draft?

Here's the latest ...

• What's happening with the Kevin Garnett four-team blockbuster? Depends on who you ask.

From what we can reconstruct, it appears that talks started when Lakers owner Jerry Buss and Timberwolves owner Glen Taylor began talking about a KG-to-the-Lakers trade between the two teams.

Once it became apparent that the Lakers didn't have a good enough package to entice the Wolves to do the deal, each team went back to an older offer.

The Lakers knew that the Pacers might take Lamar Odom and Andrew Bynum for Jermaine O'Neal.

And the Wolves knew what the Celtics were offering for KG -- the No. 5 pick, Al Jefferson and Theo Ratliff.

The problem now is the Celtics aren't ready to give up the same package for O'Neal, and the Pacers reportedly never got roped back into the deal.

At least one other GM believes that Taylor isn't going to trade KG to the Lakers (aka the enemy) and eventually would have balked anyway. If that's the case, someone needs to sit him and Kevin McHale down and tell them that, at this point, getting some first-round picks and massive cap room would be a good deal for KG. If they wait much longer, he'll walk for nothing.

So, anyway ... what has to give? Either the Celtics decide to include Jefferson in the deal (very, very unlikely) or the other three teams try to find a way to sweeten the pot for Minnesota.

How about this crazy thought? Maybe the teams eliminate the Pacers from the conversation, and Boston takes back Odom and Bynum. Then Boston offers to sweeten the pot by sending the Wolves back their 2009 first-round pick that the Celtics acquired in the Wally Szczerbiak deal and the Lakers throw in a future first-round pick to boot.

I actually think getting Odom and Bynum makes more sense for Boston than getting O'Neal at this point. Put a starting lineup of Rajon Rondo, Paul Pierce, Odom, Jefferson and Bynum on the floor with Delonte West, Tony Allen, Szczerbiak and Kendrick Perkins coming off the bench, and I think the Celtics are right back in the playoff picture in the East.

As for the Lakers, if this deal falls through, I think acquiring a player like Zach Randolph could be their backup plan.

http://insider.espn.go.com/espn/blog/index?entryID=2916812&name=ford_chad&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

SA210
06-26-2007, 02:19 PM
Man, I would love for their to be an SA-LA rivalry again.

MajicMan
06-26-2007, 02:39 PM
celtics get screwed.

I mean how much better is o'neal than jefferson/5th???
Pierce will demand a trade if they don't get veteran help. So it's JO or lose Pierce. KG doesn't want to play in Boston.

mardigan
06-26-2007, 02:42 PM
I just saw on ESPN that Boston is out of this deal. They arent to high on O'Neal apparently.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2007, 02:44 PM
Man, it's nice to have your championship level trifecta already in the fold and watch the rats scurry about.

:smokin

MajicMan
06-26-2007, 02:44 PM
I just saw on ESPN that Boston is out of this deal. They arent to high on O'Neal apparently.
That's because he said he didn't want to play in Boston. That makes KG, Marion, and now O'Neil who all said they wouldn't play in Boston. Just remember though, Pierce is going to demand a trade if they don't get help. JO is more willing to play in Boston than Garnett.

MajicMan
06-26-2007, 02:45 PM
Man, it's nice to have your championship level trifecta already in the fold and watch the rats scurry about.

:smokin
Dude, repeat before you start talking all the smack. Something the Spurs have not done.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Dude, repeat before you start talking all the smack. Something the Spurs have not done.

Dude, get back into the postseason first. Dude.

samikeyp
06-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Saying you have a championship level team is talking smack?

FromWayDowntown
06-26-2007, 02:48 PM

The sensation would be the same if 2007 had been the Spurs' first title. It's always nice to be atop the heap and to have your key pieces locked into place.

I'm sure you're right, though -- teams aren't considering moves aimed at helping them to beat the Spurs at all. :rolleyes

MajicMan
06-26-2007, 02:49 PM
Dude, get back into the postseason first. Dude.
Dude, the Spurs are an aging team with many teams on their heels. I respect the Spurs but not a shit talking douche bag fan like you.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Dude, the Spurs are an aging team with many teams on their heels. I respect the Spurs but not a shit talking douche bag fan like you.

Dude, I don't give a fuck. Dude.

SAGambler
06-26-2007, 02:51 PM
u kno what fuck it..if the celtics get o'neal..they are the early favorites in the east

You mean maybe if they can keep him on the floor for 50 percent of the games.

MajicMan
06-26-2007, 02:51 PM
Dude, I don't give a fuck. Dude.
Whatever fucker. It's not guaranteed the Spurs will repeat. When have they ever?

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2007, 02:52 PM
Whatever fucker. It's not guaranteed the Spurs will repeat. When have they ever?

Dude, you talk real tough for a homosexual. Dude.

MajicMan
06-26-2007, 02:54 PM
Dude, you talk real tough for a homosexual. Dude.
OK :rolleyes

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2007, 02:55 PM
Dude, not that there's anything wrong with that. Dude.

GINNNNNNNNNNNNOBILI
06-26-2007, 02:59 PM
http://www.probasketballnews.com/pbnbrkng_062607.html

Not sure how legit this article is

MisterWhodat
06-26-2007, 02:59 PM

All he said was it was nice to have our pieces in place and not have to worry about trying to pull off a blockbuster trade. In so many words...why get all testy?

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2007, 03:02 PM
All he said was it was nice to have our pieces in place and not have to worry about trying to pull off a blockbuster trade. In so many words...why get all testy?

Maybe it's Kobe.

MajicMan
06-26-2007, 03:03 PM
Dude, not that there's anything wrong with that. Dude.
OK, some fucker that doesn't matter sitting behind his computer calling me a homo really hurts my feelings.

http://www.bobbyworks.com/images/fat%20man%20at%20computer.jpg
That's you right?
I'm pretty sure, being that you're from the obese capital of the world. It wouldn't surprise me.

Is this how all the chicks in San Antonio look like?
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/cwshiles/FatGirl.jpg

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Someone posting pictures of himself and his woman does nothing for me.

It's funny when Laker Fan is pissed off because the Spurs on top. The last few years have been hard, apparently.

T Park
06-26-2007, 03:05 PM
Christ, you thought the trolls would go away, but they just DIG from out of the ground again.

Sigh.....

spurscenter
06-26-2007, 03:35 PM
WOLVES are being raped.

spurscenter
06-26-2007, 03:35 PM

]
That is so funny

THanks!

romain.star
06-26-2007, 03:43 PM
OK, some fucker that doesn't matter sitting behind his computer calling me a homo really hurts my feelings.

http://www.bobbyworks.com/images/fat%20man%20at%20computer.jpg
That's you right?
I'm pretty sure, being that you're from the obese capital of the world. It wouldn't surprise me.

Is this how all the chicks in San Antonio look like?
http://i39.photobucket.com/albums/e181/cwshiles/FatGirl.jpg

wooooh.... as a non american... i'm shocked :dizzy