PDA

View Full Version : Garnett to Suns, Marion to Boston?

50 cent
06-26-2007, 10:03 PM
Jim Gray on ESPN news right now is saying its looking like Garnett to the Suns in a three way deal involving Marion to Boston.

How stupid would Boston have to be to do that deal? I assume that means they would be giving their 5th pick to Minny.

Incredibly stupid if Jackass Gray is right.

Trainwreck2100
06-26-2007, 10:04 PM
Pho;s Atlanta pick will probably be a part of this deal

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-26-2007, 10:06 PM
:lmao Danny Ainge would be far and away the worst GM in pro sports to do that deal.

WTF?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-26-2007, 10:07 PM
No way that happens. Ainge can't possibly seriously think that over.

exstatic
06-26-2007, 10:08 PM
Hasn't Marion said he'll opt out if traded to Boston?

Russ
06-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Would you rather Garnett go to Phoenix or the Lakers? I'm on the fence.

50 cent
06-26-2007, 10:09 PM
Breaking news coming up Sportscenter after the break.

Hmm...

ploto
06-26-2007, 10:10 PM
Hasn't Marion said he'll opt out if traded to Boston?
I think it is contingent on Marion agreeing not to do that.

Warlord23
06-26-2007, 10:13 PM
If Ainge trades away his #5 and Al Jefferson for freaking Marion, he should be lynched. The Suns of course are making out like bandits in this one, giving up the bloated contract of Marion + 1 role player + current pick + future Atlanta pick for Garnett + filler

ChumpDumper
06-26-2007, 10:14 PM
Would you rather Garnett go to Phoenix or the Lakers? I'm on the fence.I'd much rather have him on the Suns. D'Antoni would still be able to screw that team up.

50 cent
06-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Ric Bucher on ESPN saying that KG is highly unlikely to go to the Lakers.

KG wants to play in PHX.

50 cent
06-26-2007, 10:15 PM
Bucher a lot less ambitious about KG to PHX being a done deal than Gray.

Imagine that.

dbreiden83080
06-26-2007, 10:19 PM
Ainge is insane how do you accapt Marion for the 5th pick, demand Amare you jackass. This depends on him signing an extension which since he does not want to play there they will probably have to way overpay him to get him to do it. So he can keep Pierce happy. He is not a big time player, trade Pierce for more picks and keep rebuilding you idiot.

exstatic
06-26-2007, 10:22 PM
I think it is contingent on Marion agreeing not to do that.
The point is, he's said he would.

Trainwreck2100
06-26-2007, 10:23 PM
This doesn't really solve their cap problem.

picnroll
06-26-2007, 10:25 PM
Ainge is insane how do you accapt Marion for the 5th pick, demand Amare you jackass. This depends on him signing an extension which since he does not want to play there they will probably have to way overpay him to get him to do it. So he can keep Pierce happy. He is not a big time player, trade Pierce for more picks and keep rebuilding you idiot.
Ainge and Rivers know if they don't make the playoffs their asses are gone. In the wek East they may make it but without Jefferson they still may bomb. Their bigs suck.

2centsworth
06-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Garnett to Phoenix would spell trouble for the Spurs.

Russ
06-26-2007, 10:28 PM
Ric Bucher on ESPN saying that KG is highly unlikely to go to the Lakers.

KG wants to play in PHX.
What if the Suns get both KG and Grant Hill? The media attention would be unbearable until they meet their reckoning in May.

dbreiden83080
06-26-2007, 10:31 PM
Ainge and Rivers know if they don't make the playoffs their asses are gone. In the wek East they may make it but without Jefferson they still may bomb. Their bigs suck.

That is when ownership has to step in and put a stop to it. This is a shitty deal and the Celtics are getting almost nothing back at all.

dbreiden83080
06-26-2007, 10:32 PM
Garnett to Phoenix would spell trouble for the Spurs.

It would but they would lose more players than Marion, Thomas would probably be gone and probably one other player as well from what they are saying. Spurs would need to make a few moves but i don't stress too much anymore after 4 titles in 9 years.

Borosai
06-26-2007, 10:37 PM
If this goes down, Ainge is a blowhard. Wow.

Nashfan
06-26-2007, 10:38 PM
That is when ownership has to step in and put a stop to it. This is a shitty deal and the Celtics are getting almost nothing back at all.

How can you say Marion is nothing at all?? :rolleyes He is an all star player and I also think the proposed deal leaves Boston with Al Jefferson. What's not to like about this proposed trade? Marion can be the second go to guy on the team in a weak Eastern conference. It is better than what they have now. Also Pierce is threatening to demand a trade if they don't get a veteran all star in to play along side of him.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-26-2007, 10:43 PM
So we may be facing Stoudamire-KG-Nash. What a freakin nightmare that would be. If that happens, the road to repeat just became rather rocky... :depressed

However, it doesn't make sense that Minny would be so accommodating.

50 cent - who is that athletic amazon woman in your sig taking her clothes off?

Warlord23
06-26-2007, 10:43 PM
Either Boston or Minny is screwed in this deal. If Ainge gives up #5 and Al Jefferson, he messes up the youth movement in Boston. On the other hand, if he doesn't give up Jefferson and sends Green/Ratliff/#5 instead, then the Wolves take it up the rear.

Only winners in this deal are the Suns.

Leetonidas
06-26-2007, 10:44 PM
If this happens, we're going to need to seriously do something this summer. Whether that be get Nocioni, go after McDyess or Peitrus, or trade up in the draft. I pray this doesn't happen.

dbreiden83080
06-26-2007, 10:45 PM
How can you say Marion is nothing at all?? :rolleyes He is an all star player and I also think the proposed deal leaves Boston with Al Jefferson. What's not to like about this proposed trade? Marion can be the second go to guy on the team in a weak Eastern conference. It is better than what they have now. Also Pierce is threatening to demand a trade if they don't get a veteran all star in to play along side of him.

Marion gets owned by Bowen every year in the playoffs he is not the final piece to any puzzle and no way worth giving up a 5th pick for. If Amare was in the deal then yes but no Amare this is a terrible deal for them. Pierce is not big time either trade him for more picks. This team is not a contender for a title with this move at all. If they want to make the playoffs for a few years and fizzle out only to have to go back to the drawing board in a few years they will make this deal. If they ever have any designs on winning a title again they will not do this deal.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-26-2007, 10:47 PM
50 cent - who is that athletic amazon woman in your sig taking her clothes off?

It's Jessica Biel in that stupid new Sandler movie where she's asking Sandler to feel on her tits cuz she thinks he's homosexual.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-26-2007, 10:51 PM
CBF, thanks. So THAT'S Jessica Beil! She's a monster, in such a good way! ;)

Why the hell does Justin Timberlake get to sleep with all these hot chicks? WTF is that about?

Having said that, I don't think I'll ever touch a woman again... the drought is only getting worse... so I'm going to turn sigs off... :depressed

:lol

ducks
06-26-2007, 10:54 PM
I hope suns get kg
then when spurs own them it will be that much more funnier

kurt thomas is the one that hurt the spurs and he is gone
tp and nash cancel each other out
kg and duncan cancel each other out
manu>bell
spurs let amare have his and bowen shuts down everyone else that is a threat
spurs bench is greater then suns
pop>suns coach

td4mvp3
06-26-2007, 11:15 PM
I hope suns get kg

manu>bell
pop>suns coach
i'm wondering where garnett and amare would play. neither does the center thing that well. plus, wasn't one of the big headaches that amare and marion wanted to both be the man on the team? doesn't that increase by 100 with garnett?

OldDirtMcGirt
06-26-2007, 11:23 PM
i'm wondering where garnett and amare would play. neither does the center thing that well. plus, wasn't one of the big headaches that amare and marion wanted to both be the man on the team? doesn't that increase by 100 with garnett?

That's just because Marion is a whiny bitch who always complains about his recognition.

dbreiden83080
06-26-2007, 11:27 PM
That's just because Marion is a whiny bitch who always complains about his recognition.

Well then Boston is right up his ally. He can go there make money, never win and be the man. Good work Sean.

Marcus Bryant
06-26-2007, 11:30 PM
Garnett for Marion? Yeah, right.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-26-2007, 11:31 PM
If Ainge actually agrees to do this, I will slice him in half and feed him to the Lochness Monster.

dbreiden83080
06-26-2007, 11:34 PM
Ainge has to demand Amare for that 5th pick he has to. He will settle for Marion and he needs to be convinced to sign an extension. How many fucking drinks has this asshole had tonight. :drunk

confined
06-26-2007, 11:47 PM
I hope suns get kg

manu>bell
pop>suns coach
i dont thinks it's that simple...it's also not gonna be as easy for parker to drive and finish with amare AND KG there,
and you cant just say one player cancels another out either, cuz even tho you guys are super homers there is no way to deny that Nash + KG + Amare + Bell + Barbosa is one hell of line-up

AlamoSpursFan
06-26-2007, 11:49 PM
Anybody but me wondering about the chemistry problems the Suns apparently aren't taking into account here? KG and Amare on the same team? Who's the big fish in that tank?

ducks
06-26-2007, 11:49 PM
amare is ticked nash gets all the credit now kg will
if they start winning

Budkin
06-26-2007, 11:50 PM
No way in hell this is happening.

ducks
06-26-2007, 11:52 PM
peirce wants out if he does not get a vet this week

dbreiden83080
No way in hell this is happening.

Ainge is so fucking stupid i think it will happen. Ownership needs to step in and say listen it is Amare or nothing for the 5th pick. Making Pierce happy is not worth this deal. The Celtics need to build for the long haul and this deal does not do that for them.

Nashfan
Marion gets owned by Bowen every year in the playoffs he is not the final piece to any puzzle and no way worth giving up a 5th pick for. If Amare was in the deal then yes but no Amare this is a terrible deal for them. Pierce is not big time either trade him for more picks. This team is not a contender for a title with this move at all. If they want to make the playoffs for a few years and fizzle out only to have to go back to the drawing board in a few years they will make this deal. If they ever have any designs on winning a title again they will not do this deal.

Marion is a proven player over a number five pick who is unproven. Bowen did not own Marion this year since he stayed on Nash. I am not saying Marion is the final piece to Bostons puzzle but he sure won't hurt them and is better than a unproven rookie. I also never said they would win a title with Marion but they will make it into the playoffs. Anyway, who nows if this trade goes through. It seems every time you turn on ESPN there is a different rumor. It's anyones guess right now.

ducks
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AqYozRUQL1vv9Luf3CaK89m8vLYF?slug=aw-pierce062507&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

dbreiden83080
06-26-2007, 11:53 PM
peirce wants out if he does not get a vet this week

Great trade him for more picks, you are never winning a title with him anyway. He is maybe a 1/2 step better than Vince Carter. He is not worth this deal they are not contenders now, nor will they be if this goes down.

ducks
06-26-2007, 11:55 PM
there is only one ball
since when is kg clutch late in fourth
tp owns nash

OldDirtMcGirt
06-27-2007, 12:01 AM
there is only one ball
tp owns nash

Because 21 and 6 is clearly superior to 21 and 13.

confined
06-27-2007, 12:04 AM
there is only one ball
tp owns nash

idk about you but i think nash does a pretty good job of getting everyone involed so the "only one ball" statement doesnt make sense....and crunch time is for nash as well....he didnt win back to back MVPs for nothing big guy

K-State Spur
06-27-2007, 12:06 AM
Ainge is so fucking stupid i think it will happen. Ownership needs to step in and say listen it is Amare or nothing for the 5th pick. Making Pierce happy is not worth this deal. The Celtics need to build for the long haul and this deal does not do that for them.

I can see Marion making sense for the 5th pick. He's proven (although I personally believe that you'll see a relatively large drop-off in his numbers if he moves out of dantoni's system).

What doesn't make any sense whatsoever is why the Wolves would move KG in this deal without getting Jefferson.

AlamoSpursFan
06-27-2007, 12:06 AM
and crunch time is for nash as well....he didnt win back to back MVPs for nothing big guy

Yeah, well he hasn't won much else, has he?

:lmao

dbreiden83080
06-27-2007, 12:07 AM
Marion is a proven player over a number five pick who is unproven. Bowen did not own Marion this year since he stayed on Nash. I am not saying Marion is the final piece to Bostons puzzle but he sure won't hurt them and is better than a unproven rookie. I also never said they would win a title with Marion but they will make it into the playoffs. Anyway, who nows if this trade goes through. It seems every time you turn on ESPN there is a different rumor. It's anyones guess right now.

This is a deep draft you have to demand Amare for that 5th pick, Marion is not enough. The Celtics doing this to keep Pierce happy is crazy he is not a franchise guy, trade him for picks as well. This is what happens when you have a GM that is more worried about the short term and not getting fired than what is right for the franchise in the long haul.

confined
06-27-2007, 12:09 AM
Yeah, well he hasn't won much else, has he?

:lmao

that has nothing to do with what i just said...ducks claims that KG sucks in the clutch...which is true to some degree...therefore i said that the suns should want nash taking the big shots...
and theres no way any non-retarded person could ever diss an MVP, let alone a 2 time MVP

K-State Spur
06-27-2007, 12:12 AM
This is a deep draft you have to demand Amare for that 5th pick, Marion is not enough. The Celtics doing this to keep Pierce happy is crazy he is not a franchise guy, trade him for picks as well. This is what happens when you have a GM that is more worried about the short term and not getting fired than what is right for the franchise in the long haul.

No offense, but you are greatly over-valuing the #5 pick. It's far from impossible - but not likely - that the player used with that pick would match Marion's numbers over the next few years. And it's very doubtful that he will match Stoudemire's numbers.

Personally, I'd hold onto the pick over Marion, but I can kinda see Ainge's reasoning on that particular aspect.

I don't think too many people are questioning that aspect of the deal as widely unbalanced, it's the other aspects (Jefferson or no Jefferson, possibly only 1 lottery pick for KG) that don't make any sense to anybody.

THE SIXTH MAN
06-27-2007, 12:13 AM
:lol No way this deal goes down. It's funny seeing all the rumors that get thrown around this time of the season.

dbreiden83080
06-27-2007, 12:13 AM
that has nothing to do with what i just said...ducks claims that KG sucks in the clutch...which is true to some degree...therefore i said that the suns should want nash taking the big shots...
and theres no way any non-retarded person could ever diss an MVP, let alone a 2 time MVP

KG is a great player but he would need to play on a very deep team like the Suns to win a title because well lets face it Tim Duncan he isn't.

AlamoSpursFan
06-27-2007, 12:16 AM

This man speaks the truth.

Sincerely,
Tim Duncan

drmvp
06-27-2007, 01:08 AM

To me, giving up the #5 pick for Marion is fair on the basis of talent alone (if one disregards Marion's age and potential opt-out next year, a BIG "if").

Anyway, the Celtics would be stupid for doing this trade. The Pierce/Marion/Jefferson triplet isn't ever going to snif a championship trophy. Sure, they may have moderate success in the pathetic East, but this trade would only guarantee more years of mediocrity as Pierce and Marion quickly slide past their prime. Furthermore, it must suck to be a Celtic fan and know that your management cares more about their own job security than real long term success.

To me, however, it's Minny that is really screwed in this trade. So they get essentially (other than compensating salaries) only the #5 pick for Garnett?

Phx would have to additionally give up their 07' picks and the 08' Atl pick, possibly Barbosa, and Thomas (to help balance salaries) to make this fair from a talent standpoint. Yes, Garnett is that much better than Marion.

Nevertheless, how Phx could get Garnett without Amare being involved speaks to the amazing ineptitude of some of the front office personnel around the league. (BTW Thanks, Ainge, for making Portland stronger by giving up the future ROY for Sebastion Fucking Telfair :dizzy)

The Red Hood
06-27-2007, 01:41 AM
Didn't minny's front office say that they wanted a star player in exchange for KG isn't that why they did not trade him to Chicago since they have no real big star player I would hope that Ainge demands Amare or if they want Marion at least ask for Barbosa or Bell damn if this goes down this would be one of the most lopsided trades I have seen PHX gets it good but everyone else gets shit