PDA

View Full Version : So, I came home from........

E20
06-27-2007, 02:02 AM
The Hospital. LMAO

If anybody was reading this thread http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72521

I had a couple of mosquito/insect bites and couldn't stand the itching. So, what I did was got a needle, sterlized it and punctured one of them , squeezed blood from it and rubbed alcohol all over it. It worked for one and I was like 'Hey the itching is going away'. Then I do another one, the one on my tricep, and as the needle went in my head started to get dizzy and I fainted. :lmao Yep, I can't believe it. I fainted. Next thing you know I'm in the emergency room and now I'm home. A couple of things resulted in this:

1) Never EVER use needles except for sewing.
2) I'm a fucking pussy.
3) The only good thing: My Nurse was incredibly pretty. She was HOT! I was gonna exchange numbers with her, but I'm like it isn't the right time to ask such a thing.

Lousy insect bites.

iminlakerland
06-27-2007, 02:03 AM
wow i would not have admitted that on here...but glad they were just mosquito or insect bites.

E20
06-27-2007, 02:05 AM
wow i would not have admitted that on here...but glad they were just mosquito or insect bites.
The Doc said the only reason you fainted was because you saw your own blood come out and I panicked when the needle started to hurt. She said it was normal what happend to me, but whatever.

boutons_
06-27-2007, 02:05 AM
Tell it how much self-surgery cost you.

timvp
06-27-2007, 02:24 AM
At least you didn't die :tu

But you might have lost a few man points in the process.

BeerIsGood!
06-27-2007, 02:27 AM
I've gotten dizzy at the sight of my own blood before (but I was able to control it), but I've worked crime scenes of homicides and other brutal scenes that didn't phase me. The human mind works in fucked up ways.

E20
06-27-2007, 02:28 AM
At least you didn't die :tu

But you might have lost a few man points in the process.
That was quite evident as soons as I entered the hospital. All the female nurses thought I passed out because I was working out. I was wearing a sleevless workout shirt and shorts and my shirt was wet with water. And they were all like so did you pass because you were working out, they thought the water was sweat and I said No, I was fixing my mosquito bites. And they started to laugh/smile/chuckle. I was dazed so I didn't know what was so funny, but now that I look back at it I looked like a incredibly buff pussy infront of that hot nurse. DAMN.

I've gotten dizzy at the sight of my own blood before (but I was able to control it), but I've worked crime scenes of homicides and other brutal scenes that didn't phase me. The human mind works in fucked up ways.
The needle on my tricep HURT REAL BAD and my head got incredibly light headed after that and next thing you know I pass out for like 2-3 minutes. I rememberd that I was dreaming about some cartoon/videogame.

nsrammstein
06-27-2007, 02:28 AM
Are you interested in donating blood?

E20
06-27-2007, 02:32 AM
Are you interested in donating blood?
I never got that :lmao

I had to do blood tests for TB and they took out a shitload of blood from my arm and I was looking at it and I wasn't affected at all, maybe because it didn't hurt, my needle stung like 20 Bees on LSD.

nsrammstein
06-27-2007, 02:35 AM
I would never be able to donate blood, I can't watch as they stick a needle in my vein and then watch a bag fill up with my own blood!

The Red Hood
06-27-2007, 02:52 AM
I would never be able to donate blood, I can't watch as they stick a needle in my vein and then watch a bag fill up with my own blood!

:lol Did anybody here ever see that King of Queens episode where Arthur (Jerry Stiller aka Frank Costanza) needed money to pay off parking tickets that Deacon, Spence, and Danny got so he went to go give blood thinking he would get paid for it :lol so after he gives it he asks the nurse for his check and when she tells him that he DONATED blood there for he does not get paid he says that he wants his blood back the nurse tells him that it can't be done he then yells something like "IF YOU CAN TAKE BLOOD OUT OF ME YOU CAN CERTAINLY PUT IT BACK IN ME, NOW GIVE ME BACK MY BLOOD!" :lmao Just thought about that when I heard you all talk about giving blood

good to see you are still breathing :tu and yes there are a lot of HOT nurses at the hospitals now a days :drool:

The Red Hood
06-27-2007, 03:07 AM
Sometimes nurses can do a pretty bang up job on taking your blood when there was a blood drive going on at my high school this one girl gave blood but when she was on her way back to class blood started to come out of her arm and it dripped a little puddle on the stairs needless to say an ambulance was rushed over to take her to the hospital :depressed don't know what the whole story was but I would assume that they did not bandage her up good enough

nsrammstein
06-27-2007, 03:09 AM
Sometimes nurses can do a pretty bang up job on taking your blood when there was a blood drive going on at my high school this one girl gave blood but when she was on her way back to class blood started to come out of her arm and it dripped a little puddle on the stairs needless to say an ambulance was rushed over to take her to the hospital don't know what the whole story was but I would assume that they did not bandage her up good enough

WTF, OMG I would have fainted on the spot. If blood started to drip from my arm i would die!

Melmart1
06-27-2007, 03:31 AM
If women fainted at the sight of their own blood, we would faint every month for 3-6 days straight. Fricken wimps!

Twice in one night, E20 proved not only that the human race is best suited with women having babies, but also that testosterone does not necessarily make you manly.

The Red Hood
06-27-2007, 04:06 AM
WTF, OMG I would have fainted on the spot. If blood started to drip from my arm i would die!

She did but not because she saw herself bleeding but because she lost so much blood that she just got lightheaded and fainted

johngateswhiteley
06-27-2007, 04:19 AM
If women fainted at the sight of their own blood, we would faint every month for 3-6 days straight. Fricken wimps!

Twice in one night, E20 proved not only that the human race is best suited with women having babies, but also that testosterone does not necessarily make you manly.

guess there is a first time for everything...i agree with you. however, i am glad E20 is OK.

iminlakerland
06-27-2007, 04:36 AM
the girl that donated blood and continued bleeding probably doesnt clot well, or was on medication that thinned her blood. Because i've donated blood on more than one occassion and seriously your arm should not be bleeding like that after you have donated blood. A few drops here and there on the gause but wow...glad she is ok.

mrsmaalox
06-27-2007, 10:31 AM
Good grief! What an ordeal, I feel really bad for you. No one should haveto go thru all that because of mosquito bites. But please, heed my advice: Next time, go to Walgreen's and get the benadryl before you resort to sticking yourself with needles!!! Better yet, go TODAY!!!

Kori Ellis
06-27-2007, 10:41 AM
:lol

I'm glad you are okay E20, but you are a wuss :)

BacktoBasics
06-27-2007, 10:49 AM
She said it was normal what happend to me, but whatever.She probably says the same thing to dudes who can't get it up.

2Blonde
06-27-2007, 11:55 AM
Darwin missed his chance on you. :lol Oh well, at least you'll have some lovely little pock marks to remember this by.

Fillmoe
06-27-2007, 12:05 PM
you my friend are a bitch....... and to top it all of you didn't even get the nurses digits......

Shelly
06-27-2007, 12:05 PM
And now your parents will get a $900 emergency room bill!

The Red Hood
06-27-2007, 12:14 PM
So, what I did was got a needle, sterlized it and punctured one of them , squeezed blood from it and rubbed alcohol all over it.

:lol :lmao
That is the most ghetto thing I have ever heard go buy some neosporin or some anti-itching lotion

E20
06-27-2007, 12:19 PM

Well, when I was like 14 I gave out a good dosage of blood so they could run some tests. And I was aware of what was happening at that time, but the needle didn't hurt at all, but in this case I guess I didn't use the right technique and the initial pain of the needle startled me and I kept on jabbing it while my head was dizzy, so I guess that's what added to more of the problem. Also, I did one before and it was successful, but the pain wasn't as bad. And if you like knowing the fact that you have to go through all that pain/stress when pregnant, good for you. :tu I think no guy cares that the fact women can hold babies. I think it makes them more happier, that they can get away scot free when having sex.

Also, I love how my episode was straight out of a stereotypical sitcom episode.

PM5K
06-27-2007, 12:20 PM
Small blood doesn't bother me, I can give blood no problem, I've had some pretty bad cuts that required stitches, but when I saw my second son being born, well usually the father is next to the mother, so you don't really see it from that angle, but my second son came out so fast (within an hour) that I missed the beginning and walked in to see , well you know.

All that blood, fluid, and everything else made me just about faint...

Shelly
06-27-2007, 12:23 PM
Small blood doesn't bother me, I can give blood no problem, I've had some pretty bad cuts that required stitches, but when I saw my second son being born, well usually the father is next to the mother, so you don't really see it from that angle, but my second son came out so fast (within an hour) that I missed the beginning and walked in to see , well you know.

All that blood, fluid, and everything else made me just about faint...

I was all, "Clean that baby up before you hand him to me!" And I also declined the mirror so I could see what was happening.

Other than that, blood doesn't bother me. However, I've never seen massive amounts of blood.

PM5K
06-27-2007, 12:25 PM

I was all, "Clean that baby up before you hand him to me!" And I also declined the mirror so I could see what was happening.

Other than that, blood doesn't bother me. However, I've never seen massive amounts of blood.

Yeah it's a sight...

NorCal510
06-27-2007, 12:30 PM
E20 what if the doctor said you passed out because of a high acidic level in your blood

I would feel bad hahaha

Btw, why the hell would u put a needle in your arm? you are an idiot for that one.

easjer
06-27-2007, 12:51 PM
Yeah, gory surgery shows, childbirth, none of that bothers me at all. In fact, childbirth is completely fascinating to me - I've read so many books and watched so many births. Think off and on about becoming a doula or a childbirth educator. . .

But I can't give blood because every time I've tried, my pulse has shot way too high because I get so nervous.

When I was in high school, I has to give some blood for some tests, and at the time I was really interested in doing it, and watching everything calmly. When the nurse went to draw a second vial, she left the needle in (they have trouble finding veins sometimes) and attached a new vial and we're going along, when my arm start to feel warm. It was frigid in the room, so I look down, and my arm is completely covered in blood. It's pooling and dripping. I immediately get faint and my mouth goes dry, so I just croak out, "Um." and the nurse FREAKS.OUT. It looked like the vial was still drawing, so she wasn't sure what happened. She yanked everything out, and finally figured out that the suction on the vial had broken, and the blood had come from the vial, but there was enough suction to draw up a bit.

Never able to watch them do thing to me since. So I don't blame you for fainting, E20 - but seriously. The cost of an ER visit vs the expense of Benadryl . . . next time, just man up and go buy some Benadryl.

JustSpurs
06-30-2007, 07:40 AM
Buy some "Off".

exstatic
06-30-2007, 09:36 AM
Buy some "Off".
...or some Benedryl cream. Daub a little on, spread it around and voila, no more itching.

tsb2000
06-30-2007, 11:56 AM
Pussy. You should have walked to the CVS to begin with. :)

leemajors
06-30-2007, 12:09 PM
tea tree oil.

E20
06-30-2007, 06:41 PM
The Doc told me to buy that stuff and after that I still ended up not buying it.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-30-2007, 07:19 PM
LOL e20 you're like a white hitch

fatsack
07-02-2007, 05:09 PM
next time, just rub some dirt on it, pussy.