PDA

View Full Version : Illegal Immigration Enforcement and Social Security Protection Act of 2007

Wild Cobra
06-27-2007, 04:25 AM
Good legislation will likely not get past this democrat controlled congress. The senate is working on SB 6 which will destroy what we know as legal immigration in favor of those who violate our laws. It is a slap in the face for those who have come here legally. HR 98 is a good bill that should be considered. It is a strait forward bill requiring tamper proof social security cards and verification of employment. It states penalties and also grants more money for border enforcement. Call Washington DC if you like this bill and ask your representative to get things going.

DC Congressional operator: (202) 224-3121. I would suggest having them pass this bill before considering SB 6. Personally, I want SB 6 dumped!

Sponsor:
[R-CA-26]; Rep Dreier, David

Cosponsors:
[R-AL-06]; Rep Bachus, Spencer
[R-CA-50]; Rep Bilbray, Brian P.
[R-MO-07]; Rep Blunt, Roy
[R-CA-45]; Rep Bono, Mary
[R-AR-03]; Rep Boozman, John
[R-FL-05]; Rep Brown+Waite, Ginny
[R-CA-44]; Rep Calvert, Ken
[R-WV-02]; Rep Capito, Shelley Moore
[R-NC-06]; Rep Coble, Howard
[R-GA-09]; Rep Deal, Nathan
[R-TN-02]; Rep Duncan, John J., Jr.
[R-NC-08]; Rep Hayes, Robin
[R-CA-52]; Rep Hunter, Duncan
[R-CA-49]; Rep Issa, Darrell E.
[R-NY-03]; Rep King, Peter T.
[R-TX-10]; Rep McCaul, Michael T.
[R-CA-42]; Rep Miller, Gary G.
[R-FL-01]; Rep Miller, Jeff
[R-NC-09]; Rep Myrick, Sue Wilkins
[R-TX-19]; Rep Neugebauer, Randy
[R-AZ-01]; Rep Renzi, Rick
[D-TX-16]; Rep Reyes, Silvestre
[R-CA-40]; Rep Royce, Edward R.
[R-TX-32]; Rep Sessions, Pete
[R-MI-07]; Rep Walberg, Timothy
[R-TN-03]; Rep Wamp, Zach
[R-SC-02]; Rep Wilson, Joe
[R-VA-10]; Rep Wolf, Frank R.

Links:

HR 98; Illegal Immigration Enforcement and Social Security Protection Act of 2007 (http://frwebgate.access.gpo.gov/cgi-bin/getdoc.cgi?dbname=110_cong_bills&docid=f:h98ih.txt.pdf)

Bill summary and status page (http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/z?d110:h.r.00098:)

Bill O'Reilly
06-27-2007, 04:37 AM
Thats why I have created my own 4 point immigration plan.

So right now, I'm going to give you the No Spin immigration solution. It is simple because, as you know, I am a simple man. There are just four components:

1) secure the southern border with 700, not 300 miles of barrier, double the border patrol and back them up with 10,000 National Guards people. That would effectively shut down human and drug smuggling from Mexico.

2) require all illegal aliens in the country right now to register at the post office with Homeland Security. After registering, they would be given a tamper proof ID card, designating their status and their right to work temporarily in the USA. If the illegal aliens do not register, it's a criminal felony. Right now sneaking across the border is a civil action. Remember that. Subjecting the person to immediate deportation or jail time. The criminal penalty goes way up.

3) Any business that hires an illegal worker who doesn't have a tamper proof ID card faces draconian fines and possible prison time for the executives.

4) Each illegal alien would have his case reviewed by federal authorities. And they would decide who would receive a Z-visa to stay and who would not. That takes the blanket amnesty, something many American hate, off the table. It also allows the feds to make rational decisions about who's helping America and who isn't.

Under that banner, no illegal alien who commits a crime while here would be allowed to stay. Also under that program, no welfare of any kind would be paid to folks here illegally. They'd have to work for their living.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Now that is a fair immigration plan that I believe would be acceptable to most Americans. It would also allow the feds to quickly build a database, so Homeland Security would know the extent of the alien intrusion, which we don't know now.

Again, any illegal alien who didn't cooperate with the new law would immediately become an outlaw. And immediate action could be taken against that non-citizen who doesn't comply. That would end the sanctuary city madness and give the federal government more tools to regain control over this out of control situation.

So there you have it — a fair plan to give good people a chance to stay here and earn citizenship down the road -- but a plan that also protects Americans. The No Spin immigration plan is, again, one page and not 800 pages. And it would work.

Wild Cobra
06-27-2007, 07:20 AM
I didn't know tht Bill O'Reilly supported SB 6.

Just goes to showm I don't listen to him. I find him rather annoying.

xrayzebra
06-27-2007, 09:03 AM
^^Me too as well as Beck and Hannity.

Sean Hannity
06-27-2007, 09:21 AM
^^Me too as well as Beck and Hannity.

Excuse me?

xrayzebra
06-27-2007, 09:22 AM
^^you have a whinny voice......so there!

Phil Hellmuth
06-27-2007, 12:31 PM
Hannity is so annoying to listen to. Id rather listen to Rosie.

xrayzebra
06-27-2007, 02:54 PM
Hannity is so annoying to listen to. Id rather listen to Rosie.

I would go so far as to say that........
:lol

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2007, 03:04 PM
If illegal immigration didn't have a Hispanic face would it be that big of an issue in the US?

xrayzebra
06-27-2007, 03:19 PM
If illegal immigration didn't have a Hispanic face would it be that big of an issue in the US?

Marcus, we had 9/11, how many years ago. Our
borders are still not secure. We had amnesty some years
ago, that was going to solve the problem. We just had
an incident at Fort Dix and two of the perps came across
around Brownsville. The Hispanic face does play a big
part. They were the most visible in the demonstrations
just a few months ago, waving the Mexican flag and
demanding equal rights, the same as American
citizens. The play a big part, but they are not the whole
problem.

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2007, 03:32 PM
Yeah, but who would really care? There are people risking their lives to come to this country to take shit jobs that most Americans consider beneath them for shit pay and they work their asses off. If anything that helps to keep the cost of living for everyone else down somewhat. America needs a bogeyman, I guess.

PixelPusher
06-27-2007, 03:39 PM
Yeah, but who would really care? There are people risking their lives to come to this country to take shit jobs that most Americans consider beneath them for shit pay and they work their asses off. If anything that helps to keep the cost of living for everyone else down somewhat. America needs a bogeyman, I guess.
Yeah, why don't the Minutemen patrol the Canadian border? Did you know that over 90% of the Canadian population lives within 20 miles of the U.S. Border? They're prepping for an invasion I tells ya! :drunk

xrayzebra
06-27-2007, 03:58 PM

You really do live in a dream world, don't you?

Yeah, why don't the Minutemen patrol the Canadian border? Did you know that over 90% of the Canadian population lives within 20 miles of the U.S. Border? They're prepping for an invasion I tells ya!

What part of "borders" do you not understand?

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2007, 04:12 PM
You really do live in a dream world, don't you?

Yeah, reality.

nsrammstein
06-27-2007, 05:11 PM
They should put some minute men on the canadian border, during the summer its nice and cool and the forest provides excellent shelter for terrorists to hide out. Remember every 9/11 terrorist came in through the canadian border. Do you think a terrorist would risk his life dying in the 115+ degree arizona desert? Do you think they would risk drowning in the Rio Grande?

Yonivore
06-27-2007, 08:17 PM
if you legalize immigrant workers, buisnesses will be required to pay them min. wage and provided health insurance......which means buisness won't hire LEGAL aliens and continue to hire the ILLEGAL ones.

doesn't anyone understand this........

again this bill is BULLSHIT.
The bill is bullshit not for what it proposed to do...which, by the way, there no way to know since most of it was crafted in secret; but, because of the way Reid is trying to ram it through the Senate without debate and using some arcane procedure called the "clay pigeon" to maneuver a sucky bill through.

The ironic thing is that it is Talk Radio that has gotten this sausage making stuck in the mud. Had it not been for the blogosphere and talk radio, this bill would have already been passed out of the Senate.

I'm beginning to understand the Left's big push for a return of the Fairness Doctrine.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-27-2007, 11:29 PM

Go ahead and stick a fork in SS and Medicare, too. The system will collapse.

Nbadan
06-27-2007, 11:44 PM
Illegal Immigration is a wedge-issue that could backfire on Republicans. They pretend they are worried about our open borders for security reasons and build a 300-mile fence that won't keep anyone out except the coyotes, but what we really need, greater enforcement of illegal labor laws already on the books to stem the flow of aliens risking crossing the border for waiting jobs, the Republicans won't touch because it will hurt business interests.

All the 911 terra-ist were in the country legally.

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2007, 11:47 PM
Go ahead and stick a fork in SS and Medicare, too. The system will collapse.

Then exempt Hispanics from those programs. Simple enough.

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2007, 11:48 PM
Illegal Immigration is a wedge-issue that could backfire on Republicans. They pretend they are worried about our open borders for security reasons and build a 300-mile fence that won't keep anyone out except the coyotes, but what we really need, greater enforcement of illegal labor laws already on the books to stem the flow of aliens risking crossing the border for waiting jobs, the Republicans won't touch because it will hurt business interests.

All the 911 terra-ist were in the country legally.

So is the part of the GOP that is opposed to this wrong or is the part pushing for it correct?

Nbadan
06-27-2007, 11:54 PM
So is the part of the GOP that is opposed to this wrong or is the part pushing for it correct?

At equal to or less than 4.7% unemployment, whom do you think is right?

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 03:49 AM
Hispanics have nothing to do with it. The term ILLEGAL does!

We have several illegals from other countries too. Not as many as the Mexicans. That is why tamperproof ID and more rigorous law enforcement are needed besides just a fence, cameras, and border agents. The temptation for them to come here illegally needs to be reduced by making it impossible to remain in the shadows.

Quite frankly, of those making it to the Portland metro area, I like the Mexicans the best. The ones that come this far north are actually some fine people.

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 03:53 AM
Did anyone here read the link to the bill I posted in the first link?

Thoughts on it?

Nbadan
06-28-2007, 05:14 AM
Did anyone here read the link to the bill I posted in the first link?

Thoughts on it?

It's not a bad bill, but similiar bills have been proposed in the 108th and 109th Congress and never made it out of preliminary committee, probably because of the greater accountability it places on employers to verify employee citizenship.

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 06:19 AM
It's not a bad bill, but similiar bills have been proposed in the 108th and 109th Congress and never made it out of preliminary committee, probably because of the greater accountability it places on employers to verify employee citizenship.
Now that's one of the few things you said I agree with. It is a burden we shouldn't have to have. What is the solution? It does need to be fixed somehow.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 08:07 AM
Whatever you think you know about the current "Comprehensive Immigration Reform Bill" is wrong and likely bears no resemblance to what is trying to be squeezed through a divided Senate with an incensed constituency.

The current bill is being re-written by Reid and Kennedy staffers, on the fly, as objections are being aired on the floor. Amendments that were promised to Republican Senators to get their vote for cloture are being discarded in this "clay pigeon" tactic.

Frankly, after the stunts pulled yesterday, it appears the bill is dead. They may be one vote short of cloture and Reid is calling for a vote at 9:30.

Whether you're a Republican or a Democrat there's plenty to be pissed of over how this bill was treated. I recommend you call your Congressperson and let them know.

Nbadan
06-29-2007, 01:00 AM
After all the predictions of doom-and-gloom terra attacks from M$M pundits, a lot of Americans are scared, irrationally so if you consider that throughout most of all our lives we have had nuclear weapons pointed less than 15 minutes from anywhere in the U.S..

The vast majority of Americans don't care about Mexicans coming here and taking jobs, they want cheap fruits and veggies, cheap homes, and cheap labor.

What they want from politicians is greater security at the border so Muhammed can't get a nuclear weapon across on a burro, but all the M$M and wing-nut pundits will keep repeating over and over again is that we don't want amnesty - the big lie.