PDA

View Full Version : Oh man, KWAME BROWN under the knife again!

spurscenter
06-27-2007, 09:31 AM
does it get any better for him or the lakers?

Brown to undergo shoulder surgery Wednesday

EL SEGUNDO, Calif. (AP) -- Los Angeles Lakers center Kwame Brown, who underwent reconstructive surgery on his left ankle last month, is scheduled for an operation on his right shoulder Wednesday.

Brown, who will have a bursa sac and scar tissue removed, is expected to make a full recovery. A timeline for his return will be determined after surgery.

Brown had ankle surgery on May 29, and Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak doesn't expect that to keep him from being at or near 100 percent when training camp begins in October.

The 25-year-old Brown averaged 8.4 points, 6.0 rebounds and 1.2 blocked shots in 41 games last season.

He missed the first seven games while recovering from an injured right shoulder and was healthy after that until severely spraining his left ankle Dec. 31, when he accidentally landed on the foot of Philadelphia's Andre Miller after blocking a shot. That forced him to miss 34 games.

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2007, 09:32 AM
NBA Forum.

Elevate.

-MB

spurscenter
06-27-2007, 09:37 AM
oh sorry

Rummpd
06-27-2007, 11:24 AM
I always thought it there was someone who could consistently get 15-20 good minutes a game (all he is worth) out of him it would be Pop - for the price he would be worth it if he comes back healthy someday.

Reggie Miller
06-27-2007, 04:17 PM
I wish I could find a link to this story. I will post it if I do.

At any rate, a couple of years back, a former Washington teammate of Brown's gave a few select quotes concerning Cake. The gist of it was that Brown is environmentally retarded and functionally illiterate (no joke). One example given was that Brown bought a really expensive Armani or Versace suit and wore it once. The teammate found it wadded up in a ball in Brown's disgustingly dirty apartment. Why? Brown didn't know about drycleaners and had no one to ask. In context, I understood this to mean that he had never used a drycleaner before and wouldn't leave his comfort zone. There were a few other similar incidents mentioned, but I only remember this one.

I think everyone realizes that physical talent is only one part of the equation in becoming an NBA level player. I don't think everyone realizes that you really do need a certain minimum level of education and intelligence to make it. Some "uncoachable" guys are just plain dumb. Sorry. Sad, but true.