PDA

View Full Version : RON ARTEST update

spurscenter
06-27-2007, 10:09 AM
The Artest file
The Indianapolis Star caught up with a contrite Ron Artest, who is living outside Indianapolis when he isn't doing community service as a sanitation worker in Sacramento, punishment for his domestic violence incident. "You respect the sanitation worker more," Artest said of the experience. "Oh my goodness, some of the stuff that comes out in that garbage."

Artest said he plans to retire to Indiana when his playing career is over and added that he "reacted a little too fast" in requesting a trade in December 2005. "If I hadn't done that, I'd still be a Pacer now. I like playing for the Kings, but I wish I was still playing for Rick Carlisle.

"Nothing is going to go perfect in anybody's career," Artest said. "Certain guys in the league are mentally tough and always ready. But certain guys like me, because of how I grew up, I act out at times. Then you think about it and say, 'Man, I wish I would have gone about that differently.' When you grow up like I did, you think that every day, every second is a life-or-death situation, but it's not so. I had no reason to complain. I had a career year under Carlisle. When I look back on it, it was just stupid. Your ego takes over you sometimes."

Soul_Patch
06-27-2007, 10:21 AM
props to him for admitting it i guess. Too bad people like him usually say one thing and do another though.

spurscenter
06-27-2007, 10:32 AM
yea i talked to him at all star game in Vegas and he seemed like he has all the screws in place.

Actually came off smart but very aware of his image.

Sad that he is realizing this at the end of his career.

still has 3 years of good basketball I say.

SilverPlayer
06-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Ok now is the time to bring a guy like him onto our roster. If he is genuine and isn't being fed this line by his agent...then he can be a hell of a ball player.

boutons_
06-27-2007, 11:44 AM
"he can be a hell of a ball player."

He hasn't been a hell of a player since he left the Pacers.

slacker77
06-27-2007, 11:53 AM
yea i talked to him at all star game in Vegas and he seemed like he has all the screws in place.

Actually came off smart but very aware of his image.

Sad that he is realizing this at the end of his career.

still has 3 years of good basketball I say.
How old is artest?

Switchman
06-27-2007, 11:58 AM
"he can be a hell of a ball player."

He hasn't been a hell of a player since he left the Pacers.

I remember him being a HUGE annoyance in the playoffs when he was with the Kings.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-27-2007, 12:28 PM
How old is artest?

I think he's 27 or 28.

DOMINATOR
06-27-2007, 12:30 PM
artest can practically guard 2 guys at once... if he stays on the court that is.

ChumpDumper
06-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Dude needs lithium.