PDA

View Full Version : Would you take another OLD Guy for a year to get him a ring?

BIG IRISH
06-27-2007, 11:15 AM
Pistons' Webber not sure where he'll end up.http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/pistons/2007-06-27-webber-future_N.htm

If the Pistons were to sign him, they have only two ways to do it — with all or part of the $6-million midlevel exception or with a veteran's minimum contract. Webber also could move on to his sixth NBA team and fight for that elusive title somewhere else.

He said he hasn't talked with Dumars yet, although he said that conversation is coming "pretty soon."

"I'll talk to Joe, see what he says," Webber said. "I've heard, definitely, that some teams are interested. But I'm not trying to be on the roller coaster going here and there."

Just what will factor into his decision?

"It's if I'm up to it, if everything's good," Webber said. "It's not money or it's not starting or anything specific like that."

I'd take him for a year only. Not sure if this has been posted.

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2007, 11:16 AM
Are the Spurs going to sign every free agent big?

PM5K
06-27-2007, 11:17 AM
There's just something about him, he's like Championship Kryptonite, fuck that...

To his credit he seeemed to play well in Detroit..

Marcus Bryant
06-27-2007, 11:18 AM
If the Spurs are going to sign a big from the Pistons, McDyess is a much more attractive fit.

BIG IRISH
06-27-2007, 11:34 AM
If the Spurs are going to sign a big from the Pistons, McDyess is a much more attractive fit.

Agree, however will McDyess got for the Cheap $ and not side-track the
Grand-Plan for 2008-2009? Whatever that is?

Switchman
06-27-2007, 11:49 AM
I'd take Webber.

boutons_
06-27-2007, 11:50 AM
I'd take Webber, minus 30 lbs to take a big load off those shitty knees.

ancestron
06-27-2007, 11:59 AM
anyone but chris frickin weber.

The Red Hood
06-27-2007, 11:59 AM
There's just something about him, he's like Championship Kryptonite, fuck that...

To his credit he seeemed to play well in Detroit..

Exactly poor son of a bitch it just never seems to work out for him, McDyess would play well off of Duncan

freedom&justice
06-27-2007, 12:01 PM
His agent says Dice isn't opting out. Webber will probably end up on the lakers or something - dude's defense sucks.

MrChug
06-27-2007, 12:04 PM
Honestly, I was really hoping he'd sign with us before the Pisst-on's but he did. His loss.

Now, it's Dyess I want. If Webber want's to come NOW he just wants to gravy-train.

SenorSpur
06-27-2007, 12:05 PM
The guy is a shell of his former self. Anyone who watched him during the ECF knows that he can barely get up and down the court. Sure he's got half-court skills, but they are diminished, at best. He simply can't cut it anymore and should retire.

Do we have to consider every freakin' FA washout player, who is at the end of his career? Let's move on.

The Red Hood
06-27-2007, 12:07 PM
The guy is a shell of his former self. Anyone who watched him during the ECF knows that he can barely get up and down the court. Sure he's got half-court skills, but they are diminished, at best. He simply can't cut it anymore and should retire.

Do we have to consider every freakin' FA washout player, who is at the end of his career? Let's move on.

YESSSSS!!!!! I'd rather have Nocioni (sp?) over web and dice

BIG IRISH
06-27-2007, 12:16 PM

If we could do it for NVE :lol why not everyone else?

SenorSpur
06-27-2007, 12:52 PM
If we could do it for NVE :lol why not everyone else?

Perish the thought!

Drive Like Jehu
06-27-2007, 01:19 PM
Just say no to any member of the fab five.

SenorSpur
06-27-2007, 01:21 PM
Just say no to any member of the fab five.

I've got the numbers of Ray Jackson and Jimmy King on speed dial - if R.C. needs them.

coachmac87
06-27-2007, 01:47 PM
the only way this happens if the spurs lose oberto...webber can still pass and he would be a good passing big with duncan like oberto..but it will not happen unless spurs lose oberto...and even if they do..not sure i want it..i have a higher vertical than cwebb

Vito Corleone
06-27-2007, 02:08 PM
His agent says Dice isn't opting out. Webber will probably end up on the lakers or something - dude's defense sucks.

IF he leave Detroit, I can see him going to Dallas, Miami, or Phoenix, but not to San Antonio. The only way I see that changing is if we lose Oberto and someone else like Dallas or Phoenix makes a more that we feel needs to be matched.

K-State Spur
06-27-2007, 02:17 PM

Actually, his agent says mcdyess HASN'T opted out, not that he ISN'T. big difference.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-27-2007, 02:24 PM
depends..........

players like Hill and McDyess then YES

silverheart
06-27-2007, 03:17 PM
Are the Spurs going to sign every free agent big?

Yes, and any big too Yao, Shaq :lol

AFE7FATMAN
06-27-2007, 06:50 PM
the only way this happens if the spurs lose oberto...webber can still pass and he would be a good passing big with duncan like oberto..but it will not happen unless spurs lose oberto...and even if they do..not sure i want it..i have a higher vertical than cwebb

If the SPURS lose Oberto. than I agree unless we get DRAFT/TRADE LUCKY :lol