Yonivore
06-27-2007, 11:35 AM
Mr. Edwards = Clueless Cad

Mrs. Edwards = Exploited Wife

George Gervin's Afro
06-27-2007, 11:40 AM
Mr. Edwards = Clueless Cad

Mrs. Edwards = Exploited Wife

Pretty sad that man Coulter wouldn't agree to stop the personal attacks. What was Mann's response when asked to stop " I'll guess I'll stop writing books.."

boutons_
06-27-2007, 11:55 AM
"wouldn't agree to stop the personal attacks"

that's all the horse-faced cunt has going for her. But the rabble sheeple love her rabble rousing.

Phil Hellmuth
06-27-2007, 12:35 PM
there are some annoying beeches in this world.

ChumpDumper
06-27-2007, 01:59 PM
"if I’m going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I’ll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2007/06/26/ann-coulter-attacks-john-edwards-on-good-morning-america/

Classy.

xrayzebra
06-27-2007, 02:08 PM
Edwards is a liability lawyer. Need I say more? He wants money

The Right Wing Attacks!

Tuesday evening Elizabeth Edwards called Ann Coulter live on Hardball to ask for an end to her personal attacks on John and other candidates. Coulter's response? More personal attacks.

It's up to us to raise the dialogue by taking our message straight to voters. Let's show that Ann Coulter style politics will never carry the day. We have 4 days to reach $9 million. Please donate today:

$25 $50 $100 Other

ChumpDumper
06-27-2007, 02:11 PM
Coulter played right into Edwards' hands.

Well done.

That $9 million goal will be easily met.

George Gervin's Afro
06-27-2007, 02:22 PM
Coulter looked very uncomfortable on TV..good.

DarkReign
06-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Yeah, yeah ok fine.

Bla bla bla...

Quick question.

Who buys this woman's books? How does she continue to get pub? What demographic is eating up her books and generating sales?

Thats what I want to know.

Oh, Gee!!
06-27-2007, 02:30 PM
Yeah, yeah ok fine.

Bla bla bla...

Quick question.

Who buys this woman's books? How does she continue to get pub? What demographic is eating up her books and generating sales?

the Xrays of the world

ChumpDumper
06-27-2007, 02:33 PM
Guys who think he's hot.

George Gervin's Afro
06-27-2007, 02:38 PM
Yeah, yeah ok fine.

Bla bla bla...

Quick question.

The same people who buy limpball's,o'reilly's,dick morris,whannity's... same market. what's hilarious is on each's website their books are recomended by who..??? limpball,o'reilly,dick morris,whannity. they all pimp each otehr's books. they are in it to make money and cater to the yoni's and ray's of the world.

Mr. Peabody
06-27-2007, 04:15 PM
I like how Coulter tries to spin Edwards' complaints by repeatedly saying, "She wants me to stop talking. I will not stop talking." I can't believe Matthews actually called her on it and said, "No, she said to stop the personal attacks." Of course, Coulter's response was to attack John Edwards for being a trial lawyer.

Yonivore
06-27-2007, 05:04 PM
I think Frank J. (http://www.imao.us/) at IMAO.com has the perfect summation of the whole situation:

I just got this campaign e-mail from the Elizabeth Edwards, and I thought I'd share it:

Conservative such as Ann Coulter have been using many personal attacks and homophobic slurs against my husband (if that offends you, please click here (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MjM0YmYyZGM5MTczMDc4YWRlZjkyZjJkMWI2ZDZkNjI=) to donate money). When I heard Ann Coulter was on "Hardball" I called in to confront her hate speech against my husband (to reward this courage, please click here (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MjM0YmYyZGM5MTczMDc4YWRlZjkyZjJkMWI2ZDZkNjI=) to donate money). She then had the audacity to accuse us of trying to drum up controversy so we can use it to raise money (to reject this as a false, right-wing smear, please click here (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MjM0YmYyZGM5MTczMDc4YWRlZjkyZjJkMWI2ZDZkNjI=) to donate money). She even accused my husband of being a sissy for sending his wife against his critics; he's still crying from that extreme slander (to help dry his tears, click here (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MjM0YmYyZGM5MTczMDc4YWRlZjkyZjJkMWI2ZDZkNjI=) to donate money).

Finally, Ann Coulter even said that my husband and I exploit the death of our son for political purposes. That is perhaps the worst of her personal attacks, as our sons death is a tragedy we hate to recount. I can still remember his last words: "Please click here (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MjM0YmYyZGM5MTczMDc4YWRlZjkyZjJkMWI2ZDZkNjI=) to donate money."

Help us fight back against these right-wing smear merchants by click here (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MjM0YmYyZGM5MTczMDc4YWRlZjkyZjJkMWI2ZDZkNjI=) to donate money.

Sincerely,
Elizabeth Edwards

P.S. Please click here (http://corner.nationalreview.com/post/?q=MjM0YmYyZGM5MTczMDc4YWRlZjkyZjJkMWI2ZDZkNjI=) to donate money.
Do you think if I'm good and pray real hard, John Edwards could be the Democratic nominee for President? That's the sort of thing that could really help a political comedy site hit it big.
For what it’s worth, I don’t claim to be an aficionado of arcane Hardball facts, but until yesterday I was not aware it was a call-in show. If I knew it was, I would have called in many times in the past to offer Chris Matthews some constructive criticism, like limit yourself to 20 Red Bulls a day.

How did Elizabeth Edwards have a call in number handy when to the rest of the viewing public’s knowledge no such number existed? A cynical individual might conclude that there was nothing spontaneous about Ms. Edwards’ outrage whatsoever, and that the whole incident was big set-up co-hatched by the creative minds at Hardball and the Edwards Campaign.

ChumpDumper
06-27-2007, 05:07 PM
Hardball often has people on the telephone. It is proven to be an efficient means of communication with guests in remote locations when a tv satellite connection is not possible.

clambake
06-27-2007, 05:24 PM
I guess they could have used text messaging, but we wouldn't be able to hear anything, and it would have left the program with too much dead air.

Mr. Peabody
06-27-2007, 05:42 PM
How did Elizabeth Edwards have a call in number handy when to the rest of the viewing public’s knowledge no such number existed? A cynical individual might conclude that there was nothing spontaneous about Ms. Edwards’ outrage whatsoever, and that the whole incident was big set-up co-hatched by the creative minds at Hardball and the Edwards Campaign.

Matthews said during the interview that Edwards heard that Coulter would be on the show and made arrangements to call-in to confront her. So, no, it wasn't that spontaneous. But why does that matter? Coulter has been saying outlandish things about the Edwards family for of years. Edwards finally decided to call her on it.

Mr. Peabody
06-27-2007, 05:46 PM
I guess they could have used text messaging, but we wouldn't be able to hear anything, and it would have left the program with too much dead air.

Maybe they could have put up transcripts for us:

"ann i h8 u! ur a bitch!!!"

Yonivore
06-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Matthews said during the interview that Edwards heard that Coulter would be on the show and made arrangements to call-in to confront her. So, no, it wasn't that spontaneous. But why does that matter? Coulter has been saying outlandish things about the Edwards family for of years. Edwards finally decided to call her on it.
Edwards has been outlandish for years...kind of begs outlandish remarks.

boutons_
06-27-2007, 08:45 PM
are you saying Edwards and Cunter are equally outlandish?

gtownspur
06-27-2007, 09:20 PM
are you saying Edwards and Cunter are equally outlandish?

Yeah..

CubanMustGo
06-27-2007, 09:23 PM
Edwards has been outlandish for years...kind of begs outlandish remarks.

Outlandish would be St. Ann's remarks:

* I think the government should be spying on all Arabs, engaging in torture as a televised spectator sport, dropping daisy cutters wantonly throughout the Middle East and sending liberals to Guantanamo.
o Her column; December 21, 2005
o Governmental responsibility

* We were terrified that Jones would settle. It was contrary to our purpose of bringing down the president.
o Uncovering Clinton: A Reporter's Story (1998), pg. 183

* If Americans support abortion, let's vote. . . Just this past term, in Stenberg vs. Carhart, the court expanded the apocryphal abortion right to an all-new right to stick a fork in the head of a half-born baby.
o Her syndicated column, 12/28/2000

* Taxes are like abortion, and not just because both are grotesque procedures supported by Democrats. You're for them or against them. Taxes go up or down; government raises taxes or lowers them. But Democrats will not let the words abortion or tax hikes pass their lips.
o Her syndicated column, February 2, 2002

* Not all Muslims may be terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslims.
o Her syndicated column, September 28, 2001

9/11 widows

* These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis... These self-obsessed women seemed genuinely unaware that 9/11 was an attack on our nation and acted as if the terrorist attacks happened only to them... I’ve never seen people enjoying their husbands’ deaths so much.
o Excerpt which caused media controversy Godless: The Church of Liberalism June 2006[1][2]

* If Gore had been elected president, right now he would just be finding that last lesbian quadriplegic for the Special Forces team.
o Fall Fashion Preview: Cowboy Boots In, Flip-Flops Out; October 14, 2004
* I don't know if [former U.S. President Bill Clinton is] gay. But [former U.S. Vice President] Al Gore - total fag.
o Media Matters; July 26, 2006

The only place Al Gore conserves energy these days is on the treadmill. I don't want to suggest that Al's getting big, but the last time I saw him on TV I thought, "That reminds me — we have to do something about saving the polar bears."

Never mind his carbon footprint — have you seen the size of Al Gore's regular footprint lately? It's almost as deep as Janet Reno's http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi

* Airports scrupulously apply the same laughably ineffective airport harassment to Suzy Chapstick as to Muslim hijackers. It is preposterous to assume every passenger is a potential crazed homicidal maniac. We know who the homicidal maniacs are. They are the ones cheering and dancing right now.
o This Is War; September 12, 2001

* Six imams removed from a US Airways flight from Minneapolis to Phoenix are calling on Muslims to boycott the airline. If only we could get Muslims to boycott all airlines, we could dispense with airport security altogether.
o AnnCoulter.com; November 22, 2006

* We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity. We weren't punctilious about locating and punishing only Hitler and his top officers. We carpet-bombed German cities; we killed civilians. That's war. And this is war.
o This Is War; September 12, 2001

* Bill Clinton "was a very good rapist"; "I'm getting a little fed up with hearing about, oh, civilian casualties"; "I think we ought to nuke North Korea right now just to give the rest of the world a warning.
o New York Observer, January 10, 2005

* [Canadians] better hope the United States does not roll over one night and crush them. They are lucky we allow them to exist on the same continent.
o Fox News; Hannity & Colmes, November 30, 2004

* The Episcopals (sic) don't demand much in the way of actual religious belief. They have girl priests, gay priests, gay bishops, gay marriages — it's much like The New York Times editorial board. They acknowledge the Ten Commandments — or "Moses' talking points" — but hasten to add that they're not exactly "carved in stone."
o The Jesus Thing; January 7, 2004

* Being nice to people is, in fact, one of the incidental tenets of Christianity (as opposed to other religions whose tenets are more along the lines of 'kill everyone who doesn't smell bad and doesn't answer to the name Mohammed').
o From her column; March 4, 2004

Court-ordered desegregation of schools

* Few failures have been more spectacular. Illiterate students knifing one another between acts of sodomy in the stairwell is just one of the many eggs that had to be broken to make the left's omelette of transferring power from states to the federal government.
o Ashcroft And The Blowhard Discuss Desegregation

* These people can't even wrap up genocide. We've been hearing about this slaughter in Darfur forever — and they still haven't finished. The aggressors are moving like termites across that country. It's like genocide by committee. Who's running this holocaust in Darfur, FEMA? This is truly a war in which we have absolutely no interest.
o [3]; April 4, 2007

* There are a lot of bad Republicans; there are no good Democrats.
o Interview with Brian Lamb; August 11, 2002

* Here at the Spawn of Satan convention in Boston, conservatives are deploying a series of covert signals to identify one another, much like gay men do. My allies are the ones wearing crosses or American flags. The people sporting shirts emblazened with the "F-word" are my opponents. Also, as always, the pretty girls and cops are on my side, most of them barely able to conceal their eye-rolling.
o On the 2004 Democratic Convention; July 26, 2004

* The Democrats are giving aid and comfort to the enemy for no purpose other than giving aid and comfort to the enemy. There is no plausible explanation for the Democrats' behavior other than that they long to see U.S. troops shot, humiliated, and driven from the field of battle. They fill the airwaves with treason, but when called to vote on withdrawing troops, disavow their own public statements. These people are not only traitors, they are gutless traitors.
o New Idea for Abortion Party: Aid the Enemy; November 23, 2005

* In the history of the nation, there has never been a political party so ridiculous as today's Democrats. It's as if all the brain-damaged people in America got together and formed a voting bloc.
o Fork replaces donkey as Democratic party symbol; January 12, 2006

* I was going to have a few comments on the other Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, but it turns out you have to go into rehab if you use the word "faggot", so I — so kind of an impasse, can't really talk about Edwards.
o Speech at the annual Conservative Political Action Conference, Washington, DC, March 2, 2007
o Coulter's Slur Against Edwards Stirs Outrage. WNBC.com (March 4, 2007). Retrieved on 2007-03-05.

* In fairness to Edwards, asking a trial lawyer to name his favorite moral leader is like asking the president of Iran to name his favorite Jew. (Answer: George Soros.)
o May, 3, 2007; http://www.anncoulter.com/cgi-local/welcome.cgi

Enviromentalism

* The ethic of conservation is the explicit abnegation of man's dominion over the Earth. The lower species are here for our use. God said so: Go forth, be fruitful, multiply, and rape the planet — it's yours. That's our job: drilling, mining and stripping. Sweaters are the anti-Biblical view. Big gas-guzzling cars with phones and CD players and wet bars — that's the Biblical view.
o Oil Good; Democrats bad; October 12, 2000

* God gave us the earth. We have dominion over the plants, the animals, the trees. God said, 'Earth is yours. Take it. Rape it. It's yours.'
o Fox News; Hannity & Colmes; June 20, 2001
o (References to Genesis 1:28. See also Dominionism)

European Union

* The "European Union" happens to be composed of people who hate our guts. It is the continent where Moveon.org-style lunatics are the friendly, pro-American types and the rest are crazy Muslims.
o May, 2, 2007 [4]

Evolution

* I would like evolution to join the roster of other discredited religions, like the Cargo Cult of the South Pacific. Practitioners of Cargo Cult believed that manufactured products were created by ancestral spirits, and if they imitated what they had seen the white man do, they could cause airplanes to appear out of the sky, bringing valuable cargo like radios and TVs. So they constructed “airport towers” out of bamboo and “headphones” out of coconuts and waited for the airplanes to come with the cargo. It may sound silly, but in defense of the Cargo Cult, they did not wait as long for evidence supporting their theory as the Darwinists have waited for evidence supporting theirs.
o Exclusive Interview: Coulter Says Book Examines 'Mental Disorder' of Liberalism; June 6, 2006

Freedom of speech

* They're [Democrats] always accusing us of repressing their speech. I say let's do it. Let's repress them. Frankly, I'm not a big fan of the First Amendment.
o University of Florida speech; October 20, 2005

Immigration

* I'd build a wall. In fact, I'd hire illegal immigrants to build the wall. And throw out the illegals who are here. [...] It's cheap labor.
o Fox News; The O'Reilly Factor; Transcript via Media Matters; April 14, 2006
o On illegal immigration

Iraq War

* I was not enthusiastic about the last Gulf war. Of course, it goes without saying, I rooted for our team once the shooting started. But I wasn't for that war. I was also against sending Americans to the Balkans. My point is, I'm genuinely against America deploying troops without a really, really good reason. I just can't imagine anyone not seeing 9/11 as a really good reason for wiping out Islamic totalitarians.
o [5]; May 17, 2003

* When we were fighting communism, OK, they had mass murderers and gulags, but they were white men and they were sane. Now we're up against absolutely insane savages.
o [6]; August 16, 2004
o War on Terror v. Cold War

* … as for catching Osama, it's irrelevant. Things are going swimmingly in Afghanistan.
o Responding to assertions about problems with Osama bin Laden and Afghanistan
o Fox News; Hannity & Colmes, August 24, 2006. video

Islam

* We should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity.
o [7]" September 12, 2001

* Point one and point two by the end of the week had become official government policy. As for converting them to Christianity, I think it might be a good idea to get them on some sort of hobby other than slaughtering infidels. I mean perhaps that's the Peace Corps, perhaps it's working for Planned Parenthood, but I've never seen the transforming effect of anything like that Christianity.
o The Drudge Report; June 26, 2002
o From an interview with Katie Couric

* They're never very high in anyone's caste system, are they? Poor little Pakis.
o [8]; August 16, 2004
o referring to expatriate Pakistanis

* Bumper sticker idea for liberals: News magazines don't kill people, Muslims do.
o [9]; May 18, 2005

* One [cartoon] showed Muhammad turning away suicide bombers from the gates of heaven, saying "Stop, stop — we ran out of virgins!" — which I believe was a commentary on Muslims' predilection for violence. Another was a cartoon of Muhammad with horns, which I believe was a commentary on Muslims' predilection for violence. The third showed Muhammad with a turban in the shape of a bomb, which I believe was an expression of post-industrial ennui in a secular — oops, no, wait: It was more of a commentary on Muslims' predilection for violence ... Muslims are the only people who make feminists seem laid-back.
o Calvin and Hobbes – and Muhammad; February 8, 2006
o Regarding the cartoon controversy

* I think our motto should be, post-9-11, 'raghead talks tough, raghead faces consequences.'
o At CPAC Conference; February 10, 2006

* You know, ok. I made a few jokes — and they killed 3000 Americans. Fair trade.
o At CPAC Conference Q&A; February 10, 2006
o In response to using the term "raghead"

* The amazing part of the great Danish cartoon caper isn't that Muslims immediately engage in acts of mob violence when things don't go their way. That is de rigueur for the Religion of Peace. Their immediate response to all bad news is mass violence. That's a "dog bites man" story and belongs on page B-34, next to the grade school hot lunch menu and the birth notices. After an Egyptian ferry capsized recently, killing hundreds of passengers, a whole braying mob of passengers' relatives staged an organized attack on the company, throwing furniture out the window and burning the building to the ground. Witnesses say it was the most violent ocean liner-related incident since Carnival Cruise Lines fired Kathie Lee Gifford. The 'offense to Islam' ruse is merely an excuse for Muslims to revert to their default mode: rioting and setting things on fire.
o Muslim Bites Dog; February 15, 2006
o Regarding the cartoon controversy

* Perhaps we could put aside our national, ongoing, post-9/11 Muslim butt-kissing contest and get on with the business at hand: Bombing Syria back to the stone age and then permanently disarming Iran.
o Muslim Bites Dog; February 15, 2006

Law

* The presumption of innocence only means you don't go right to jail.
o Fox News; Hannity & Colmes; August 24, 2001

Liberals

* Vester: You say you'd rather not talk to liberals at all?
Coulter: I think a baseball bat is the most effective way these days.
o (FOX News Channel, DaySide with Linda Vester, 10/6)

* When contemplating college liberals, you really regret once again that John Walker is not getting the death penalty. We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors.
o Conservative Political Action Conference; February 26, 2002

* A couple [of] alleged males attempted to sucker punch a 100-pound woman and missed. And they ended up with their faces smashed in and spending the night in the Pima County Jail, where I'm sure — being good liberals — their views on gay marriage will serve them well.
o The Sean Hannity Show; October 22, 2004
o Her feelings on having 2 protestors throw pies at her during a speech

* The tolerant liberal suddenly becomes very intolerant when their official religion is challenged.
o Online promotional material; June 6, 2006; accessed June 17, 2006

Media

* Would that it were so! ... That the American military were targeting journalists.
o CNBC; Kudlow & Cramer; February 7, 2005

* "Press passes can't be that hard to come by if the White House allows that old Arab Helen Thomas to sit within yards of the president"
o (Version of her February 23, 2005 article, "REPUBLICANS, BLOGGERS AND GAYS, OH MY!" at her website
o Universal Press Syndicate edited this line for distribution, changing the phrase "that old Arab Helen Thomas" to "that dyspeptic, old Helen Thomas."

* I have to say I'm all for public flogging. One type of criminal that a public humiliation might work particularly well with are the juvenile delinquents, a lot of whom consider it a badge of honor to be sent to juvenile detention. And it might not be such a cool thing in the 'hood to be flogged publicly.
o MSNBC, 22 March 1997
o Quoted in "The Wisdom of Ann Coulter", The Washington Monthly, October 2001. URL accessed on 2007-04-09.

* Harriet Miers isn't qualified to play a Supreme Court justice on The West Wing, let alone to be a real one.
o "This is what 'Advice and Consent' means"; October 5, 2005

* Southerners are truly our warrior class.
o ["McCain and the Flag"; February 15, 2000

* My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building.
o New York Observer article; August 26, 2002

* Of course I regret it. I should have added 'after everyone had left the building except the editors and the reporters.'
o rightwingnews.com; June 26, 2003
o On her (above) statement concerning Timothy McVeigh

* [Learning difficulties are a cover for] rich parents with dumb kids...That's why 'Pinch' Sulzberger, the publisher of The New York Times, is alleged to have dyslexia - because he's retarded.
o The Independent; August 16, 2004
o Arthur O. Sulzberger, Jr., publisher of New York Times

* You don't want the Republicans in power, does that mean you want a dictatorship, gay boy?
o In response to a student's question: "You don't want the Democrats in power, so does that mean you want a dictatorship?"
o Liberals Are Wrong About Everything; Indiana University, February 23, 2006

* Which brings me to this week's scandal about No Such Agency spying on 'Americans.' I have difficulty ginning up much interest in this story inasmuch as I think the government should be spying on all Arabs, engaging in torture as a televised spectator sport, dropping daisy cutters wantonly throughout the Middle East, and sending liberals to Guantanamo.
o Live and Let Spy; December 21, 2005

* We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens's creme brulee. That's just a joke, for you in the media.
o Philander Smith College January 26, 2006 [10]

* If Chicago had been hit, I assure you New Yorkers would not have cared. What was stunning when New York was hit was how the rest of America rushed to New York's defense. New Yorkers would have been like, 'It's tough for them; now let's go back to our Calvin Klein fashion shows.'
o [11]; May 17, 2003

* I think [women] should be armed but should not vote...women have no capacity to understand how money is earned. They have a lot of ideas on how to spend it...it's always more money on education, more money on child care, more money on day care.
o Comedy Central; Politically Incorrect; February 26, 2001

* It would be a much better country if women did not vote. That is simply a fact. In fact, in every presidential election since 1950 - except Goldwater in '64 - the Republican would have won, if only the men had voted.
o [12]; May 17, 2003

* I think the other point that no one is making about the [Abu Ghraib] abuse photos is just the disproportionate number of women involved, including a girl general running the entire operation. I mean, this is lesson, you know, number 1,000,047 on why women shouldn't be in the military. In addition to not being able to carry even a medium-sized backpack, women are too vicious.
o Fox News; Hannity & Colmes; May 5, 2004

* I think there should be a literacy test and a poll tax for people to vote.
o Fox News; Hannity & Colmes; August 17, 1997

* Liberals' only remaining big issue is abortion because of their beloved sexual revolution. That's their cause: Spreading anarchy and polymorphous perversity. Abortion permits that.
o Slander (2002); ISBN 1400046610

* "Liberals hate religion because politics is a religion substitute for liberals and they can't stand the competition."
o Slander (2002) ISBN 1400046610, p. 194

* Liberals hate America, they hate flag-wavers, they hate abortion opponents, they hate all religions except Islam, post 9/11. Even Islamic terrorists don't hate America like liberals do. They don't have the energy. If they had that much energy, they'd have indoor plumbing by now.
o Slander (2002) ISBN 1400046610, p. 5-6

* "We'll drive off the side of that bridge when we come to it, Senator Kennedy."
o How to Talk to a Liberal (2004); ISBN 1400054184 p. 147

* "Finally, all the candidates are willing to sell out any of these other issues in service of the one burning desire of all Democrats: abortion on demand. If they could just figure out a way to abort babies using solar power, that's all we'd ever hear about."
o How to Talk to a Liberal (2004); ISBN 1400054184 p. 49

* Ozzy Osbourne has his bats, and I have that darn "convert them to Christianity" quote. Some may not like what I said, but I'm still waiting to hear a better suggestion.
o Treason (2003); ISBN 1400050308

* The only standard journalists respect is: Will this story promote the left-wing agenda?
o How to Talk to a Liberal (2004); ISBN 1400054184

* The Times was rushing to assure its readers that 'prominent Islamic scholars and theologians in the West say unequivocally that nothing in Islam countenances the Sept. 11 actions.' (That's if you set aside Muhammad's many specific instructions to kill nonbelievers whenever possible)

* Like the Democrats, Playboy just wants to liberate women to behave like pigs, have sex without consequences, prance about naked, and abort children.

* Our book is Genesis. Their book is Rachel Carson’s Silent Spring, the original environmental hoax.
o Godless: The Church of Liberalism (2006); ISBN 0978602412

* I'm here, I'm not queer, and I'm not going away.
o Lou Dobbs Tonight
o On Godless: The Church of Liberalism (2006); ISBN 0978602412

Mr. Peabody
06-27-2007, 10:09 PM

All of those people/groups had it coming for all of their outlandish behavior over the years.

scott
06-27-2007, 10:24 PM
Coulter is just the far-right version of Michael Moore. Both do absolutely nothing to elevate the political dialogue in this country but rather increase the polarization. Hooray?

Bob Lanier
06-28-2007, 12:10 AM
Yeah, well, Ann Coulter isn't going to die of cancer before the decade's out.

You win some, you lose some.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 01:19 AM
So, exactly what was it that Ann Coulter said that caused Mrs. Edwards to arrange a call-in with Chris Matthews?

ChumpDumper
06-28-2007, 02:44 AM
Go sniff a blog, dickless.

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 03:06 AM

Cuban, your source stinks…

Why is there no link? Are you ashamed of it?

Is it wikiQuote (http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Ann_Coulter)? Did you read the disclaimer? Wiki has various disclaimers. This one:

This people article needs cleanup. Please review Wikiquote:Templates, especially the standard format of people articles, to determine how to edit this article to conform to the current standard.I would say that it was either intentionally put together bad, or the people editing it don't know what they are doing and lack proper research skills.

I have two of here books. I will address a few items taken out of context.

9/11 widows

* These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, reveling in their status as celebrities and stalked by grief-arazzis... These self-obsessed women seemed genuinely unaware that 9/11 was an attack on our nation and acted as if the terrorist attacks happened only to them... I’ve never seen people enjoying their husbands’ deaths so much.
o Excerpt which caused media controversy Godless: The Church of Liberalism June 2006[1][2]
Notice this except doesn’t include a page number. It is a spliced and rearranged quote from chapter 5 titled "Liberals' Doctrine of Infallibility: Sobbing Hysterical Women." This chapter starts on page 99 and like most items for context, it must be read from the start of the chapter to understand the viewpoint. The complete paragraph from page 103:

After getting their payments jacked up, the weeping widows took to the airwaves to denounce George Bush, apparently for not beaming himself through space from Florida to New York and throwing himself in front of the second building at the World Trade Center. [splice 2]These self-obsessed women seemed genuinely unaware that 9/11 was an attack on our nation and acted as if the terrorist attacks happened only to them. The whole nation was wounded, all of our lives reduced. But they believed the entire country was required to marinate in their exquisite personal agony. Apparently, denouncing Bush was an important part of their closure process. [splice 1]These broads are millionaires, lionized on TV and in articles about them, revealing in their status as celebrities and stalked by the grief-arazzis. [splice 3]I've never seen people enjoy their deaths so much.
It's pretty bad when a pundit has to chop up and rearrange someone’s words to use the words against them. Also shows lack of credibility. The leftist media does this all the time, and you guy's buy it!

* "We'll drive off the side of that bridge when we come to it, Senator Kennedy."
o How to Talk to a Liberal (2004); ISBN 1400054184 p. 147
If you read the chapter titled "Ashcroft and the Blowhard Discuss Desegregation" you would find the things leading up to this, and this a play of words close to "we'll cross that bridge when we come to it." The chapter is pointing out the Kennedy was not one who should be exerting any moral opinion during Ashcroft's nomination. She points a few disgusting things out about Kennedy like being thrown out of college for cheating, a rape accusation, and the woman's drowning when Kennedy drove off a bridge.

Here is the paragraph that has your quote:

Poor John Ashcroft couldn't say any of that when Senator Kennedy erupted in gin-soaked venom at Ashcroft’s nomination hearings. He has higher aspirations than talking back to a dissolute slob for laughs. But surely there is someone out there who would go for laughs. Bush should find that guy. Heck, I'll volunteer for this mission myself - if only for the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to say, on C-SPAN, "We'll drive off the side of that bridge when we come to it, Senator Kennedy."
I consider this a rather cleaver joke. Surely everyone can see the humor in it.

* "Finally, all the candidates are willing to sell out any of these other issues in service of the one burning desire of all Democrats: abortion on demand. If they could just figure out a way to abort babies using solar power, that's all we'd ever hear about."
o How to Talk to a Liberal (2004); ISBN 1400054184 p. 49
This does not appear on page 49, and I cannot find it in either book I have. I did find it in a 2/22/04 web article titled In search of the better ‘phony American’ (http://www.jewishworldreview.com/cols/coulter012204.asp). It's a rather insightful read!

Funny how things like this, quoting the wrong source, and the spliced quote from the liberals keep getting improperly repeated over and over. It goes to show that you all plagiarize each other and do no independent fact checking. I should be able to find un-copied quotes out there….

* The only standard journalists respect is: Will this story promote the left-wing agenda?
Took me some time to find this one. It is on page 180 in a chapter 9 titled "Give Us Twenty-two Minute, We'll Give Up the Country." It is a chapter that shows poor journalism of the left. The complete paragraph for context:

Despite all the gobbledygook about the "profession" of journalism and the absurd conceit that "journalism" is a well-honed craft one has to master over time, the only standard journalists respect is: Will this story promote the left-wing agenda? Like all good propagandists, the major media mix truth with lies then make big show of correcting trivial errors while doggedly refusing to issue corrections for real whoppers. They stare into the camera and claim that they are "professional enough to keep their reporting even handed" and hide behind startled laughter when anyone calls them on it.
This becomes even more relevant if you read the paragraphs before and after. I'm not a fast typist, and there is only so much copyrighted material that can be posted before it becomes an issue of legality.

* The Times was rushing to assure its readers that 'prominent Islamic scholars and theologians in the West say unequivocally that nothing in Islam countenances the Sept. 11 actions.' (That's if you set aside Muhammad's many specific instructions to kill nonbelievers whenever possible)

* Like the Democrats, Playboy just wants to liberate women to behave like pigs, have sex without consequences, prance about naked, and abort children.
I could not find these two. I found an ungodly amount of internet sources attributing it to the book, but no page number, and I could not find the quotes in the book.

Anyone…

Page number please?

* Our book is Genesis. Their book is Rachel Carson’s Silent Spring, the original environmental hoax.
o Godless: The Church of Liberalism (2006); ISBN 0978602412
I hate this, but everyont should see past the one-liners that can be interpreted at will. This appears on page 4 in the 1st chapter titled "On the Seventh Day, God Rested and Liberals Schemed." Here are two paragraphes for context:

Everything liberals believe is in elegant opposition to basic Biblical precepts.

- Our religion says that human progress proceeds from the spark of divinity in the human soul; their religion holds that human progress is achieved through sex and death.

- We believe in invention and creation; they catalogue with stupefaction the current state of our diminishing resources and tell us to stop consuming.

- We say humans stand apart from the world and our charge is Planet Earth; they say we are part of the world, and our hubristic use of nature is sinful.

- We say humans are in God's image; they say we are no different morally from the apes.

- We believe in populating the Earth until there's standing room only and then colonizing Mars; they believe humans are in the twilight of their existence.

Our book is Genesis. Their book is Rachel Carson's Silent Spring, the original environmental hoax. Carson brainwashed an entire generation into imagining a world without birds, killed by DDT. Because of liberals' druidical religious beliefs, they won't allow us to save Africans dying in droves of malaria with DDT because DDT might hurt the birds. A few years after oil drilling began in Prudhoe Bay, Alaska, a saboteur set off an explosion blowing a hole in the pipeline and releasing an estimated 550,000 gallons of oil. It was one of the most devastating environmental disasters in recent history. Six weeks later, all the birds were back. Birds are like rats—you couldn't get rid of them if you tried.
I couldn’t find some of the quotes I looked for without reading the whole book again. I used the internet to assist my search, and found this nice link:

Darn I really like Ann Coulter -- How to Talk to a Liberal (http://www.bibleprobe.com/archive/messages/503.html)

It has a series of quotes too, many you don’t find in the liberal pundits material.

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 03:13 AM
Coulter is just the far-right version of Michael Moore. Both do absolutely nothing to elevate the political dialogue in this country but rather increase the polarization. Hooray?
They are not opposites when it comes to integrity. Ann Coulter may be a flamethrower, but she does it with a level of facts, wit, and humor unseen by anyone in the left. Michael Moore is a liar that lacks any integrity at all.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2007, 03:16 AM
:lol

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 03:42 AM
So, exactly what was it that Ann Coulter said that caused Mrs. Edwards to arrange a call-in with Chris Matthews?
I don't think anyone specified. It was likely the 'faggot' remark, but Ann Coulter has said numerous things about Edwards. Others have taken comic relief at Edwards expense too. Afterall, he is the "Breck Girl."

The Breck Girl (John Edwards) Feeling Pretty! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jqqa-tVQ5c)

John Edwards - I Am Woman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE-8csu7-bk)

Ann Coulter calls John Edwards a "faggot" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCeqZLrhkvQ)

Ann Coulter Fires Back at Critics Over John Edwards 'Faggot' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKVwrHQXXaY&NR=1)

Sean Hannity
06-28-2007, 04:19 AM
I agree with Ann

Edwards is a faggot

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 08:01 AM
I don't think anyone specified. It was likely the 'faggot' remark, but Ann Coulter has said numerous things about Edwards. Others have taken comic relief at Edwards expense too. Afterall, he is the "Breck Girl."

The Breck Girl (John Edwards) Feeling Pretty! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jqqa-tVQ5c)

John Edwards - I Am Woman (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VE-8csu7-bk)

Ann Coulter calls John Edwards a "faggot" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCeqZLrhkvQ)

Ann Coulter Fires Back at Critics Over John Edwards 'Faggot' (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vKVwrHQXXaY&NR=1)
Okay, because I thought maybe Coulter had said something about Mrs. Edwards which would have been out of line...but, certainly, not unlike some liberal commentary of conservatives.

Example (http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/?ml_video=89282)

I think it's hilarious that Chris Matthews and Mrs. Edwards conspired to do a gotcha on Ann Coulter and, considering the surprise, I think she handled herself fairly well.

Hmmm....let's think, when's the last time you had a Conservative invite a liberal commentator on their show and then surprise them with the spouse of a person they had been making fun of?

Yeah, never.

Yet another thing to ridicule about the Breck Girl. He has his sick wife fighting his battles for him.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Even The Hill saw it as a campaign fund-raising stunt.

Edwards camp again turns to cash cow Coulter (http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/edwards-camp-again-turns-to-cash-cow-coulter-2007-06-27.html)

George Gervin's Afro
06-28-2007, 08:36 AM
Okay, because I thought maybe Coulter had said something about Mrs. Edwards which would have been out of line...but, certainly, not unlike some liberal commentary of conservatives.

Example (http://www.comedycentral.com/motherload/?ml_video=89282)

I think it's hilarious that Chris Matthews and Mrs. Edwards conspired to do a gotcha on Ann Coulter and, considering the surprise, I think she handled herself fairly well.

Hmmm....let's think, when's the last time you had a Conservative invite a liberal commentator on their show and then surprise them with the spouse of a person they had been making fun of?

Yeah, never.

Yet another thing to ridicule about the Breck Girl. He has his sick wife fighting his battles for him.

Ann has only accused the edward's of using their child's death for political gain. For M-ann to have the balls to claim that soemone would use their child's death to further themselves is disgusting. I have a child and I cannot FATHOM the thought of losing him but to make a baseless claim about a parent who suffers this great loss is a soul not right with itself. She is a disgusting person, and pathetic excuse for a political commentator.

George Gervin's Afro
06-28-2007, 08:37 AM

Edwards camp again turns to cash cow Coulter (http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/edwards-camp-again-turns-to-cash-cow-coulter-2007-06-27.html)

OH yeah Elizabeth Edwards doesn't mind that the bitch wants her husband to be assasinated she just wanted to make a buck for his campaign.

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 08:38 AM
This thread is outlandish

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 08:44 AM

I think it was a comment about the Edwards using their dead child for political purposes that prompted the confrontation.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 08:47 AM
I think it was a comment about the Edwards using their dead child for political purposes that prompted the confrontation.
Then they shouldn't use their dead child for political purposes.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 08:54 AM
OH yeah Elizabeth Edwards doesn't mind that the bitch wants her husband to be assasinated she just wanted to make a buck for his campaign.
You've obviously been following the liberal version of events.

Just like Rush Limbaugh was criticizing the media when it was mischaracterized as a racial slur against Donovan McNabb, Ann Coulter was criticizing the political correctness of going to rehab over some slur against a homosexual actor.

The remark came shortly after Bill Maher had wished that Vice President Cheney had been killed in the assassination attempt in Afghanistan last year.

Coulter was catching some flack over saying something to the effect that she couldn't call Edwards a faggot because she'd have to go to rehab but, it would be okay for her to have wished him assassinated...referring to Maher's comment about the vice president.

here's your link (http://www.breitbart.tv/html/2258.html).

She was talking about the double standard applied to conservative vs. liberal commentators.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 08:58 AM
Ann has only accused the edward's of using their child's death for political gain. For M-ann to have the balls to claim that soemone would use their child's death to further themselves is disgusting. I have a child and I cannot FATHOM the thought of losing him but to make a baseless claim about a parent who suffers this great loss is a soul not right with itself. She is a disgusting person, and pathetic excuse for a political commentator.
I can't either but, this is the guy that channeled dead children at trial, pretended to know what Jesus Christ would say today, and charged $50,000 dollars to speak on poverty.

I don't think anything is below this trial lawyer...and, apparently, neither does Ann.

But, again, she sure is getting a lot of attention over stuff liberal commentators spend their entire waking life doing to Dick Cheney and George Bush.

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 09:04 AM

I don't know that they did.

George Gervin's Afro
06-28-2007, 09:05 AM

Just like Rush Limbaugh was criticizing the media when it was mischaracterized as a racial slur against Donovan McNabb, Ann Coulter was criticizing the political correctness of going to rehab over some slur against a homosexual actor.

The remark came shortly after Bill Maher had wished that Vice President Cheney had been killed in the assassination attempt in Afghanistan last year.

Coulter was catching some flack over saying something to the effect that she couldn't call Edwards a faggot because she'd have to go to rehab but, it would be okay for her to have wished him assassinated...referring to Maher's comment about the vice president.

She was talking about the double standard applied to conservative vs. liberal commentators.

I won't justify her comments because someone else said the same thing. I don't agree with Bill maher's comments about the sitting VP being killed.From what I remember Maher didn't wish him dead rather he wondered if more people would be alive if Cheney had died. Regardless of what he or she said it is tasteles and inappropriate. The difference is that ,unlike Coulter, he is not at the forefront of a political movement.Coulter is paraded on Fox news and on the tlak radio circuit as a leader in the conservative movement. Please don't tell tell me that you think it's ok for her to make such disgusting remarks.

George Gervin's Afro
06-28-2007, 09:08 AM
I can't either but, this is the guy that channeled dead children at trial, pretended to know what Jesus Christ would say today, and charged $50,000 dollars to speak on poverty.

I don't think anything is below this trial lawyer...and, apparently, neither does Ann.

But, again, she sure is getting a lot of attention over stuff liberal commentators spend their entire waking life doing to Dick Cheney and George Bush.

Do you ever stop repeeating the GOP talking points? I guess Guliani can get away with charging 100,000.00 a speech without scrutiny because he isn't concerned with poor people? Oh wait he's a Republican different rules for them..

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 09:08 AM
They just don't get it. We show them example after example of such things. It's OK for them to do it, but whenever a republican or conservative does it....

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 09:10 AM
They just don't get it. We show them example after example of such things. It's OK for them to do it, but whenever a republican or conservative does it....

OMGz!!! Yoni has a worshipper. LOLZERz

George Gervin's Afro
06-28-2007, 09:11 AM

Please explain this double standard? And who specifically holds it? let me guess the evil MSM!!

ChumpDumper
06-28-2007, 10:02 AM

Edwards camp again turns to cash cow Coulter (http://thehill.com/campaign-2008/edwards-camp-again-turns-to-cash-cow-coulter-2007-06-27.html)Why shouldn't they?

Coulter uses every appearance as a stunt to sell his books.

clambake
06-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Why?

You used an incident at a gas station to sterotype an entire race.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2007, 10:17 AM
It would be ok for them to talk about the child if a black guy called their kid an asshole.

clambake
06-28-2007, 10:28 AM
Yea, but Yoni should be careful. He already thinks he's being stalked by Al and Jesse.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2007, 10:32 AM
Yoni's attempts to play the victim crack me up.

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Please explain this double standard? And who specifically holds it? let me guess the evil MSM!!
Yoni explained it just fine. If you don't get it, that's tough. That's what you get for not being informed on both sides of an issue.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2007, 11:00 AM
So Ann Coulter is the real victim. Some black guy called him an asshole.

George Gervin's Afro
06-28-2007, 11:11 AM
Yoni explained it just fine. If you don't get it, that's tough. That's what you get for not being informed on both sides of an issue.

Oh I see now republicans are playing the victim...

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 11:18 AM
Oh I see now republicans are playing the victim...
First off, I'm no republican.

Coulter did a parady of what liberals do, twisting the circumstances, and they cannot take their own medicine.

clambake
06-28-2007, 11:19 AM
i'm sorry. now i feel bad.

I should get her directions to the Edwards son's grave so she can piss on the headstone. That's the least I could do.

George Gervin's Afro
06-28-2007, 11:27 AM
First off, I'm no republican.

Coulter did a parady of what liberals do, twisting the circumstances, and they cannot take their own medicine.

what liberals are you talking about?

clambake
06-28-2007, 11:31 AM
I guess I could get her directions to all the firemens spouse's so she can piss on their heads, too.

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 11:42 AM
what liberals are you talking about?
Grrrr.....

Here is Yoni's post:

Read his post and click on the link!

Mr. Peabody
06-28-2007, 11:45 AM

It's one thing to make fun of the guy for his constant primping on video. It's another to take pot shots at the fact that he has a dead son.

George Gervin's Afro
06-28-2007, 11:48 AM
Grrrr.....

Here is Yoni's post:

again specifically who are you and yoni talking about? see just saying 'liberals' isn't going to cut it. are you just referring to hardball? then just say the hardball has double standards don't include all liberals with one brush..i hate when you and yoni just paint libs with a braod brush and are never required to provide exactly who you are referring to..

Mr. Peabody
06-28-2007, 11:50 AM
Grrrr.....

Here is Yoni's post:

Bill Maher is not a liberal commentator. The guy is a comedian. He gets paid to say outrageous things that no one takes too seriously. Ann Coulter tries to pass herself off as a serious commentator. If she's looking at Bill Maher as the standard-bearer for what the media can and can't say, she's an idiot.

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 11:55 AM
Bill Maher is not a liberal commentator. The guy is a comedian.
He is both!

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 12:10 PM
again specifically who are you and yoni talking about? see just saying 'liberals' isn't going to cut it. are you just referring to hardball? then just say the hardball has double standards don't include all liberals with one brush..i hate when you and yoni just paint libs with a braod brush and are never required to provide exactly who you are referring to..
I shouldn’t have to work this hard. Coulters statement about inferring the Breck Girl was a ‘faggot’ occurred after an incident with Isaiah Washington. Link:

Washington Released from Rehab (You're not going to believe this one!) (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1777378/posts%3fpage=81)

Text of link:

Troubled Grey's Anatomy star Isaiah Washington has been released from a rehabilitation facility after a week of counseling for his repeated use of a homophobic slur. The star, who plays Dr. Preston Burke on the hit series, is expected to return to the set today. Washington, who will continue to receive outpatient counseling, caused an altercation on the show's set in October when he used a homosexual slur to refer to cast member TR Knight. He stirred up the controversy once again during a Golden Globes press conference when he used the term again while talking about the incident.

Yoni’s explaination of the Bill Mahr remarks and Coulter using similar language with Edwards is understandable, at least to most of us.

Isaiah Washington’s incident was little known. Coulter simply brought to play what the PC police do to people. Her simile to the Mahr remark is intentional, showing how the liberal media let’s such a remark from a liberal go unchecked, but they are all over her!

She invited this trouble. She lives for it. She is not making any stupid statement, and it keeps her in the public eye and selling books!

George Gervin's Afro
06-28-2007, 12:14 PM
I shouldn’t have to work this hard. Coulters statement about inferring the Breck Girl was a ‘faggot’ occurred after an incident with Isaiah Washington. Link:

Washington Released from Rehab (You're not going to believe this one!) (http://www.freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/1777378/posts%3fpage=81)

Text of link:

Yoni’s explaination of the Bill Mahr remarks and Coulter using similar language with Edwards is understandable, at least to most of us.

Isaiah Washington’s incident was little known. Coulter simply brought to play what the PC police do to people. Her simile to the Mahr remark is intentional, showing how the liberal media let’s such a remark from a liberal go unchecked, but they are all over her!

She invited this trouble. She lives for it. She is not making any stupid statement, and it keeps her in the public eye and selling books!

I know what she was referring to when she made those comments. Washington eventually lost his job because he made those comments. What happens to Coulter? Does she lose her position with Fox News? No. She's rewarded and encouraged by people like you. And you want to talk about double standards? My question to you goes to the premise of your argument. You agree with Yoni that 'liberal's' have a double standard. I want to know who you are talking about? Which liberals? or are you referring to all liberals?

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 12:32 PM
I know what she was referring to when she made those comments. Washington eventually lost his job because he made those comments. What happens to Coulter? Does she lose her position with Fox News? No. She's rewarded and encouraged by people like you.I'm not saying a liberal should be fired for free speech either, no double standard. Look at the liberals who called for Imus' job and got him fired. They have said some rather racial things too.
And you want to talk about double standards?There are plenty of things the left does that they cry about when the right does it.
My question to you goes to the premise of your argument. You agree with Yoni that 'liberal's' have a double standard. I want to know who you are talking about? Which liberals? or are you referring to all liberals?There are several. Most liberals in general do have double standards. I'll bet either of us could find the double standards from any you may wish to list.

How about good 'ol Al Gore. He uses so much power in the huge house he has, something like 20 times the annual power of the average American. He tells us we need to "sacrifice."

I did a quick search and found this:

Liberal Hypocrites (http://apoliticalnut.blogster.com/liberal_hypocrites.html):

Al Gore is widely acclaimed, by liberals, as being a great environmentalist. It was recently revealed that Al Gore's Tennessee home uses nearly 221,000 Kilowatt Hours per year, the average American home uses 10,656 KWH per year. (This is only one of his homes.) Al Gore justifies all this use of energy, and his jetting around the globe urging others to use less energy, and claims to be "carbon neutral" by buying carbon offsets through a company chaired and partly owned by himself. Al Gore of course is a liberal saint and the liberal media will write very little about this hypocrisy. You can read more by clicking here to read a great article on Worldnetdaily. You can also read a humorous article by Mark Steyn about Al Gore's energy consumption by clicking here.

Liberals complain about government contracts going to Halliburton, and of course no liberal can mention Halliburton without also invoking the name of Dick Cheney, but who owns Halliburton? George Soros owns $62 million dollars of Halliburton stock or more than 2 million shares. Michael Moore owns 2,000 shares of Halliburton.

Liberal columnists continue to lie about global warming. David Ignatius wrote that the debate over global warming is over and that there is a 90% probability that global warming is due to the activities of man. I have repeatedly conceded that global warming is real and have pointed out as proof that the polar icecaps are melting...ON MARS! Astronomers have also found global warming ON PLUTO as well as the moons of Jupiter. The primary cause of warming and cooling on Earth has always been the cycles of Solar activity. No liberal Blogster has ever attempted to address this claim, I believe they just pretend they never read it. An article in the London Daily Mail even proclaimed "Greenhouse effect is a myth, say scientists", to read it click here. Before we destroy the economy of the United States we should first understand the causes of climate change and what can realistically be done to influence it. Too many liberals have been brainwashed into believing that the Earth is getting warmer because of our sins. Phony environmentalism is the new religion for liberals.

This is not to say that we shouldn't all conserve the Earth's resources by using less when possible. Let us remember that a definition for "Conservative" means thrifty (cheap). Let's put the word "conserve" back in conservative.

George Gervin's Afro
06-28-2007, 12:34 PM
I'm not saying a liberal should be fired for free speech either, no double standard. Look at the liberals who called for Imus' job and got him fired. They have said some rather racial things too.There are plenty of things the left does that they cry about when the right does it.There are several. Most liberals in general do have double standards. I'll bet either of us could find the double standards from any you may wish to list.

How about good 'ol Al Gore. He uses so much power in the huge house he has, something like 20 times the annual power of the average American. He tells us we need to "sacrifice."

I did a quick search and found this:

Liberal Hypocrites (http://apoliticalnut.blogster.com/liberal_hypocrites.html):

I can live with specific people being called hypocrites but to throw around liberals in general is what I have a problem with.

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 12:38 PM
I can live with specific people being called hypocrites but to throw around liberals in general is what I have a problem with.

but that's what conservatives do-they generalize.

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 12:40 PM
I think all reasonable people understand that referring to a class of people for generalization does not inclusively mean all of them. I do try to keep the proper qualifiers like saying "most." I do sometimes leave out such qualifiers, but that still doesn't necessarily mean "all" without using that qualifier.

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 12:41 PM
I think all reasonable people understand that referring to a class of people for generalization does not inclusively mean all of them. I do try to keep the proper qualifiers like saying "most." I do sometimes leave out such qualifiers, but that still doesn't necessarily mean "all" without using that qualifier.

there you go again with your generalizations.

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 12:41 PM
but that's what conservatives do-they generalize.
Isn't that a generalization too?

We all do it, liberals, conservatives, etc. Nobody's perfect

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 12:43 PM
Isn't that a generalization too?

We all do it, liberals, conservatives, etc. Nobody's perfect

isn't that a generalization?

Mr. Peabody
06-28-2007, 12:45 PM
isn't that a generalization?

So now we have generalizations about people making generalizations.....

George Gervin's Afro
06-28-2007, 12:45 PM

Unlike some other poster's here I try to not generalize myself because I hate it when people do it with 'liberals'. Anyway if I falter in being consistent i know someone here will remind me..

Mr. Peabody
06-28-2007, 01:00 PM

Exactly. My problem is that if people know that she is merely making these statements to stay in the public eye and sell books, why are they rushing to her defense when she makes them? I doubt she even believes half the shit that comes out of her mouth (ditto Bill Maher), but people will light up talk radio trying to defend her. It's idiotic.

smeagol
06-28-2007, 01:03 PM
Bill Maher is not a liberal commentator. The guy is a comedian. He gets paid to say outrageous things that no one takes too seriously. Ann Coulter tries to pass herself off as a serious commentator. If she's looking at Bill Maher as the standard-bearer for what the media can and can't say, she's an idiot.
Anybody who sees Ann Coulter as a seriuos political commentator is a serious idiot (and I do not doubt there are many serious idiots).

Actually, she is closer to Maher than to a political commentator.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Why?

You used an incident at a gas station to sterotype an entire race.
a) I'm not running for office.

b) You're an idiot if you think the gas station incident was even remotely the most important aspect of that thread.

Mr. Peabody
06-28-2007, 01:06 PM
Anybody who sees Ann Coulter as a seriuos political commentator is a serious idiot (and I do not doubt there are many serious idiots).

Actually, she is closer to Maher than to a political commentator.

That's why I used the term "tries." Fox News, however, does trot her out to speak on real political issues, as if she can contribute anything more than her tired "liberals are idiots" act.

smeagol
06-28-2007, 01:08 PM

This she has. Big and hairy . . .

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 01:13 PM
I don't know that they did.
Are you kidding? Everytime he's run for office, the death of his son has been brought up by his campaign as if he's relunctantly talking about a personal tragedy for the very first time.

Yeah, it's sad they lost a child but, when your campaign brings it up...expect to get accused of using it for political purposes.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 01:15 PM
Please don't tell tell me that you think it's ok for her to make such disgusting remarks.
Frankly, I pretty much think all of politics has become disgusting. What's your point?

If the Edwards are going to make Wade's death a part of the campaign, they can expect to be accused of making Wade's death a part of the campaign.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 01:17 PM
Do you ever stop repeeating the GOP talking points? I guess Guliani can get away with charging 100,000.00 a speech without scrutiny because he isn't concerned with poor people? Oh wait he's a Republican different rules for them..
The idiot claims to have taken a fucking job at a hedge fund in order to learn about poverty issues.

C'mon.

Guiliani isn't the one preaching about "Two Americas" and pretending to be the poor man's friend while getting $400 haircuts, moving into isolated humongous estates, working for a hedge fund, and charging $50,000 to hear him talk about poverty.

:lmao

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 01:21 PM
Name a liberal commentator that doesn't apply this double standard.

Mr. Peabody
06-28-2007, 01:22 PM
The idiot claims to have taken a fucking job at a hedge fund in order to learn about poverty issues.

C'mon.

Guiliani isn't the one preaching about "Two Americas" and pretending to be the poor man's friend while getting $400 haircuts, moving into isolated humongous estates, working for a hedge fund, and charging $50,000 to hear him talk about poverty.

Who did he charge $50,000 to speak about poverty?

George Gervin's Afro
06-28-2007, 01:23 PM

C'mon.

So should be paid for his job? Are you 'mr free market' criticizing someone for making a lot of money? building a big house? So he needs to become poor so he can talk about helping poor people? Hell at least aknowledges that there are actually poor people in this country while the GOP wants to talk about more tax cuts for the top 2% and big corporations..

George Gervin's Afro
06-28-2007, 01:24 PM
Who did he charge $50,000 to speak about poverty?

welfare recpients

Mr. Peabody
06-28-2007, 01:31 PM

C'mon.

No, Giuliani is claiming that out of all of the presidential candidates, he alone understood the gravity of the attacks on 9/11. Yet, he skipped out on his appointment to the 9/11 panel to give speeches at $100,000 a pop.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 01:38 PM
No, Giuliani is claiming that out of all of the presidential candidates, he alone understood the gravity of the attacks on 9/11. Yet, he skipped out on his appointment to the 9/11 panel to give speeches at $100,000 a pop.
And yet, he can probably still make that claim and be correct.

George Gervin's Afro
06-28-2007, 01:45 PM
And yet, he can probably still make that claim and be correct.

Right. He's the only one who understands the gravity? :rolleyes

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 01:59 PM
Right. He's the only one who understands the gravity? :rolleyes
Well, okay, can we have the fucking quote please?

I understood Peabody's post to reflect Guiliani's belief he -- of all the presidential candidates -- best understood the gravity of 9/11.

Now, that you're going to get in the weeds, can I please have the quote?

This mischaracterization of on-the-record comments is getting ridiculous.

Besides, what does his passing up on a seat on some panel have to do with anything? Could his experiences on 9/11 not be expressed to that panel through appearances? Maybe he's got better things to do than sit on some blue ribbon panel.

smeagol
06-28-2007, 02:02 PM
So should be paid for his job? Are you 'mr free market' criticizing someone for making a lot of money? building a big house? So he needs to become poor so he can talk about helping poor people? Hell at least aknowledges that there are actually poor people in this country while the GOP wants to talk about more tax cuts for the top 2% and big corporations..
If what yoni says, and that is a big if, about edwards is true, then Edwards is quiet the hypocrite.

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 02:11 PM
Are you kidding? Everytime he's run for office, the death of his son has been brought up by his campaign as if he's relunctantly talking about a personal tragedy for the very first time.

Yeah, it's sad they lost a child but, when your campaign brings it up...expect to get accused of using it for political purposes.

could you link a transcript or video of a speech where Edwards talks about his child's death for political gain?

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 02:13 PM
So should be paid for his job? Are you 'mr free market' criticizing someone for making a lot of money? building a big house? So he needs to become poor so he can talk about helping poor people? Hell at least aknowledges that there are actually poor people in this country...
I do acknowledge it. I am a poor person, by Democrat standards.

...while the GOP wants to talk about more tax cuts for the top 2% and big corporations..
The Bush Tax Cuts are the one reason this country isn't in a bigger financial hole. Because of the tax cuts, federal revenues are up dramatically.

I'll never understand why the left cannot separate taxing policy from spending policy.

If you look at sheer numbers, federal revenue is up -- way up -- as a result of the tax cuts. It's the spending, Stupid!

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 02:21 PM
could you link a transcript or video of a speech where Edwards talks about his child's death for political gain?

Jeeze...do any of you actually follow politics?

Here, a real quick example after just one google:

From 2003 - during the Skerry-Edwards campaign...

Edwards discusses impact of losing his son (http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/2003-11-19-edwards-son_x.htm)

From this year, same media outlet -- notice how the headline implies this is something he's doing for the first time?

John Edwards opens up about son he lost (http://www.usatoday.com/news/elections/2007-03-29-763514850_x.htm)

His dead son is a political asset in his mind.

C'mon, the guy's a trial lawyer; surely you don't think he's above this kind of nonsense.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2007, 02:33 PM
Wow, dude had a life experience and talks about it.

The horror.

I don't fault Nixon for talking about his mother or his family members who died from tuberculosis.

Should we fault Rudy for talking about the people who died on 9/11?

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 02:43 PM
Jeeze...do any of you actually follow politics?

Here, a real quick example after just one google:

From 2003 - during the Skerry-Edwards campaign...

Edwards discusses impact of losing his son (http://www.usatoday.com/news/politicselections/nation/2003-11-19-edwards-son_x.htm)

Wow, a story about the book he wrote in which he describes how his son's death affected his life. That bastard!!! Yoni, try harder.

From this year, same media outlet -- notice how the headline implies this is something he's doing for the first time?

John Edwards opens up about son he lost (http://www.usatoday.com/news/elections/2007-03-29-763514850_x.htm)

His dead son is a political asset in his mind.

C'mon, the guy's a trial lawyer; surely you don't think he's above this kind of nonsense.

Edwards spoke very briefly about his son in reponse to being questioned as to whether he could balance his wife's sickness with running for president. His answer was pretty direct-yes, he's dealt with tragedy in the past.

Neither of these stories sounds to me like he is using his son's death for political gain. Do you expect him to never write about it or speak about it? I would imagine it's something that has changed his life forever, and is probably on his mind every day.

And I do give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to this issue. The guy has already faced one tragedy I hope I never to face (the death of a child), and he's facing another tough challenge with his wife. I'm not the type to poke fun at that, but apparently you admire those that do.

And as far as the headline bothering you, complain about the person who wrote the story.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 02:46 PM
Neither of these stories sounds to me like he is using his son's death for political gain.
Of course not, they just happen to hit the presses in the run up to the election...

And I do give him the benefit of the doubt when it comes to this issue. The guy has already faced one tragedy I hope I never to face (the death of a child), and he's facing another tough challenge with his wife.
Maybe he needs to do what most people do in these situations, withdraw from the limelight to spend more time with their family. It's not like he's a serious contender for President anyway.

And as far as the headline bothering you, complain about the person who wrote the story.
Yeah, campaigns never feed articles to newspapers.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2007, 02:48 PM
It's not like he's a serious contender for President anyway.You and Ann are sure making seem him one.

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 02:51 PM
Maybe he needs to do what most people do in these situations, withdraw from the limelight to spend more time with their family. It's not like he's a serious contender for President anyway.

maybe he should spend his time how he and his family sees fit, and deal with personal issues that way as well.

clambake
06-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Should we fault Rudy for talking about the people who died on 9/11?

If he tours the country making money, giving speeches that includes the deaths from 9/11?

I guess he could have helped the country by actually doing something on the panel, but , you can only milk 9/11 for so long.

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 02:54 PM
Of course not, they just happen to hit the presses in the run up to the election....

You're right, how odd for new stories to come out (sympathetic or otherwise) about a candidate before an election.

Mr. Peabody
06-28-2007, 02:58 PM
Of course not, they just happen to hit the presses in the run up to the election...

That's because he's in the news in the run up to the election. Hell, Barack Obama, Mitt Romney, McCain, etc. have all been in the news more lately and their histories are discussed ad nausuem. Wade Edward's death was a big event in John Edward's life and it's a life that gets discussed around election time.

Marcus Bryant
06-28-2007, 03:02 PM
Why is it that a political discussion ends up being a discussion about talking head personalities? I've never really found the ability to care about what Molly Ivins, Ann Coulter, Michael Moore, or Rush Limbaugh had to say.

clambake
06-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Why is it that a political discussion ends up being a discussion about talking head personalities? I've never really found the ability to care about what Molly Ivins, Ann Coulter, Michael Moore, or Rush Limbaugh had to say.
because it's fun baiting racist to defend the likes of coulter and limbaugh.

Crookshanks
06-28-2007, 03:06 PM
Ann Coulter responds - and it should shut up all you haters on this board!
========================

That Was No Lady -- That Was My Husband

Jun 28 03:11 PM US/Eastern
By Ann Coulter

The Edwards campaign is apparently still running low on donations, so this week they went back to their top fundraiser: me.

I doubled the ratings of the lowest-rated cable news show on Tuesday by agreeing to go on for a full hour to promote my new paperback version of "Godless" -- a mistake I won't make again. As I was walking to the set, minutes before airtime, it was casually mentioned to me that Elizabeth Edwards, wife of Democratic presidential candidate, John Edwards, might call in.

For the first time in recorded history, the show's host did not interrupt a guest, but let Elizabeth Edwards ramble on and on, allowing her to browbeat me for being mean to her husband. (This delicate flower is very sensitive to rough words, having hired the Edwards' campaign staffer who wrote this: "What if Mary had taken Plan B after the Lord filled her with his hot, white, sticky Holy Spirit"?)

Say, did any TV host ever surprise Al Franken, Bill Maher or Arianna Huffington with a call by the wife of someone they've made nasty remarks about? How about a call to John Edwards from the wife of a doctor he bankrupted with his junk-science lawsuits?

I think I may have tuned out at some point, so I can only speak to the first 45 minutes of Elizabeth Edwards' harangue, but it mostly consisted of utterly dishonest renditions of things I had said on my "Good Morning America" interview this week and a column I wrote four years ago. (You can't rush Edwards' "rapid response team"!) She claimed I had launched unprovoked attacks on the Edwards' dead son and called for a terrorist attack on her husband.

These are bald-faced lies, and the mainstream media knows they are lies. Yet they were repeated ad nauseam on Wednesday by The Associated Press, the AOL pop-up window, CNN, NBC and -- stunningly -- the host of the lowest-rated cable show himself, who personally told me he knew the truth.

So for those of you who haven't read any of my five best-selling books: Liberals are driven by Satan and lie constantly.

Here is my full sentence on "Good Morning America," which the media deceptively truncated, referring to a joke I told about Edwards six months ago that made liberals cry: "But about the same time, you know, Bill Maher was not joking and saying he wished Dick Cheney had been killed in a terrorist attack -- so I've learned my lesson: If I'm going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

The usual nut Web sites posted a zillion denunciations of my appearance on "Good Morning America" immediately after I appeared Monday morning. But it didn't occur to any of them to simply lie about what I had said. No, it took them nearly 36 hours to concoct a version of that quote that included the Edwards part, but not the Maher part, or what English language speakers call: "the point."

By tomorrow it will be: "Ann Coulter tried to kill John Edwards on 'Good Morning America'!"

Judging by his fundraising efforts so far, I gather most of you don't know who John Edwards is -- unless you're an overpriced hair dresser. He's the trial lawyer who pretended in court to channel the spirit of a handicapped fetus in front of illiterate jurors to scam tens of millions of dollars off of innocent doctors. According to The New York Times, Edwards told one jury: "She speaks to you through me ... And I have to tell you right now -- I didn't plan to talk about this -- right now I feel her. I feel her presence. She's inside me, and she's talking to you."

Let me also quote from campaign consultant Bob Shrum's book "No Excuses":

"(Kerry) was even queasier about Edwards after they met. Edwards had told Kerry he was going to share a story with him that he'd never told anyone else -- that after his son Wade had been killed, he climbed onto the slab at the funeral home, laid there and hugged his body, and promised that he'd do all he could to make life better for people, to live up to Wade's ideals of service. Kerry was stunned, not moved, because, as he told me later, Edwards had recounted the same exact story to him, almost in the exact same words, a year or two before -- and with the same preface, that he'd never shared the memory with anyone else. Kerry said he found it chilling, and he decided he couldn't pick Edwards unless he met with him again."

Apparently every time Edwards began a story about his dead son with "I've never told anyone this before," everyone on the campaign could lip-sync the story with him.

As a commentator, I bring facts like these to the attention of the American people in a lively way. Thus, for example, in a column about the Democratic candidates for president written in 2003, I pointed out that the Democrats refused to discuss the economy or the war, but had recently "discovered a surprise campaign issue: It turns out that several of them have had a death in the family."

(The full column is available at www.jewishworldreview.com, www.humanevents.com and www.townhall.com.)

Among several examples of Democrats talking about a death in the family on the campaign trail was this one:

John Edwards injects his son's fatal car accident into his campaign by demanding that everyone notice how he refuses to inject his son's fatal car accident into his campaign.

Edwards has talked about his son's death in a 1996 car accident on "Good Morning America," in dozens of profiles and in his new book. ("It was and is the most important fact of my life.") His 1998 Senate campaign ads featured film footage of Edwards at a learning lab he founded in honor of his son, titled "The Wade Edwards Learning Lab." He wears his son's Outward Bound pin on his suit lapel. He was going to wear it on his sleeve, until someone suggested that might be a little too "on the nose."

If you want points for not using your son's death politically, don't you have to take down all those "Ask me about my son's death in a horrific car accident" bumper stickers? Edwards is like a politician who keeps announcing that he will not use his opponent's criminal record for partisan political advantage.

Manifestly, I was not making fun of their son's death; I was making fun of John Edwards' incredibly creepy habit of invoking his son's tragic death to advance his political career -- a practice so repellant, it even made John Kerry queasy.

I'm a little tired of losers trying to raise campaign cash or TV ratings off of my coattails, particularly when they use their afflictions or bereavement schedules to try to silence the opposition. From now on, I'm attacking only serious presidential candidates, like Dennis Kucinich.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 03:07 PM
Okay, that the phrase "opens up" keeps coming up in article titles tells me, that line has been focus grouped and pimped:

John Edwards opens up about son he lost (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/17852169/from/RS.4/)
Democratic presidential hopeful speaks about late teenager

John & Elizabeth Edwards Open Up About Cancer and Family (http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20016130,00.html)

John Edwards Opens Up About Son He Lost (http://www.latimes.com/news/nationworld/politics/wire/sns-ap-edwards-lost-son,1,3775087.story?coll=sns-ap-politics-headlines)

Chicago Tribune article (http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/chi-0508220097aug22,1,7164068.story?coll=chi-newsnationworld-hed)

WASHINGTON -- Throughout his campaign for president and then vice president in 2004, former Sen. John Edwards of North Carolina made it clear that the death of his teenage son in a car accident was off-limits, not for discussion in a political context.

But now his wife, Elizabeth, has sent an e-mail to supporters voicing a connection she shares with Cindy Sheehan, the mother of a soldier killed in Iraq. As Sheehan was camped near President Bush's Texas ranch, protesting the war, Edwards called on her own family's backers to support Sheehan.

And, in a departure from a campaign-trail silence that the Edwardses kept about the death of their 16-year-old son, Wade, Elizabeth Edwards noted that Sheehan's son, Casey, 24, died in Iraq eight years to the day after her own son.

For John Edwards, who voted as a senator to support the invasion of Iraq, his wife's outreach to subscribers of their One America Committee Web site bears a distinct anti-war voice that could augur a new tack for Edwards as he prepares for a potential run for president in 2008.

"The president says he knows enough, doesn't need to hear from Casey's mother, doesn't need to assure her that Casey's is not one small death in a long and seemingly never-ending drip of deaths, that there is a plan here that will bring our sons and daughters home," Elizabeth Edwards wrote in her e-mail last week. "He claims he understands how some people feel about the deaths in Iraq. The president is wrong."

The Edwardses left questions about the e-mail to spokeswoman Kim Rubey, who said, "When Elizabeth read about Cindy Sheehan and her son, she immediately felt a strong personal connection."
The Edwards kid died in a car crash. Sheehan's kid died fighting for a cause he made his own in Iraq. Where's the connection?

I suppose, perhaps, that Elizabeth feels some compassion for Sheehan's loss of her son. That's understandable, but if its true why announce it to the world? Especially along side her husband's political call for support for Sheehan? They were so adamant about not politicizing their son's death during the campaign, and rightly so.

Why politicize it now?

It seems to me as though the Edwards were using the death of their own son to leverage some of that "grieving mother" political capital against the war. Which is sort of sad. And pathetic.

And, now, apparently they have a name for the Edwards' feigned outrage at Ann Coulter, "Coulter Cash."

ABC Links Edwards/Coulter Call to '08 Fundraising Deadline, NBC Distorts Coulter (http://newsbusters.org/node/13791)
Posted by Brad Wilmouth on June 28, 2007 - 01:32.

On Wednesday evening, ABC's World News with Charles Gibson and the NBC Nightly News both covered the Elizabeth Edwards/Ann Coulter controversy, noting that the Edwards campaign has eagerly used their run-ins with Coulter to raise campaign money. ABC's Jake Tapper uniquely noted this week's fundraising deadline for the presidential race, while relaying the Edwards campaign's success at raising "Coulter cash." Tapper: "Just as Coulter has a book to promote this week, Edwards has a fund-raising deadline. Enemies can have their uses."

NBC's David Gregory noted the Edwards campaign's immediate use of yesterday's flap to solicit campaign money, but the network also failed to put one of Coulter's controversial quotes in proper context, thus making it appear worse than it actually sounded in full. On Monday's Good Morning America, while answering a question about her joke from last March about John Edwards being a "faggot," Coulter suggested there was a double standard between the outrage over her remark and the greater tolerance by the media and liberals of a question by Bill Maher about whether the world would be a better place if Vice President Cheney had been assassinated.

Coulter's original comment from Monday's GMA: "I did not call John Edwards the F-word. I said I couldn't talk about him because you could go into rehab for using that word. But about the same time, you know, Bill Maher was not joking and saying he wished Dick Cheney had been killed in a terrorist attack. So, I've learned my lesson. If I'm going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

But NBC's Gregory only showed the most provocative part of her statement, not conveying that her intent was to chastize those who tolerated Maher's comments. The shortened version run by NBC: "If I'm going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

ChumpDumper
06-28-2007, 03:09 PM
I don't know why this would shut anybody up. Edwards can talk about whatever he wants. If his potential voters didn't want to hear about it or actively disliked it, he wouldn't talk about it.

Simple.

ChumpDumper
06-28-2007, 03:12 PM
ABC Links Edwards/Coulter Call to '08 Fundraising Deadline, NBC Distorts Coulter
Posted by Brad Wilmouth on June 28, 2007 - 01:32.That's funny, because Coulter whines about being misquoted, then she proceeds to misquote Maher.

But it's just like that hypocrite Yoni to find a hypocritical quote..

clambake
06-28-2007, 03:13 PM
"If I'm going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

still talking about him so wants him dead, calls him a faggot, and shits on his son's grave.

thanks for straightening out the record.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 03:15 PM
maybe he should spend his time how he and his family sees fit, and deal with personal issues that way as well.
Then he should expect criticism.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 03:16 PM
"If I'm going to say anything about John Edwards in the future, I'll just wish he had been killed in a terrorist assassination plot."

still talking about him so wants him dead, calls him a faggot, and shits on his son's grave.

thanks for straightening out the record.
You are fucking stupid, there's just no way around that.

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 03:21 PM
Then he should expect criticism.

Douche.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Douche.
They seem to like the "Coulter Cash" such criticism brings. eh?

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 03:22 PM
Edwards: My son died and I'm coping.

Yoni: You're doing it wrong.

clambake
06-28-2007, 03:23 PM
You are fucking stupid, there's just no way around that.
You wouldn't have the balls to say that to me if I were black.

chickenshit racist

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 03:25 PM
Or physically present

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 03:27 PM
They seem to like the "Coulter Cash" such criticism brings. eh?

I think Billy Joel says it best: We didn't start the fire.

George Gervin's Afro
06-28-2007, 03:28 PM
So I guess if anyone asks Edwrads about his deceased son he should refrain from answering. That would open him up to the Yoni/Coulter's of the world..

Mr. Peabody
06-28-2007, 03:29 PM
I think Billy Joel says it best: We didn't start the fire.

I thought you were going to say "Take me drunk. I'm home."

Mr. Peabody
06-28-2007, 03:30 PM
So I guess if anyone asks Edwrads about his deceased son he should refrain from answering. That would open him up to the Yoni/Coulter's of the world..

Well, they would bring such facts to your attention in a "lively way" -- to quote Ms. Coulter.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 03:31 PM
You wouldn't have the balls to say that to me if I were black.

chickenshit racist
I have no idea what race you are and I still think you're as dumb as a box of rocks.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 03:32 PM
Well, he did say it was off limits in his first campaign. So, why "open up" now?

Mr. Peabody
06-28-2007, 03:35 PM
Well, he did say it was off limits in his first campaign. So, why "open up" now?

So when Ann Coulter says that John Edwards should have a bumper sticker that says "Ask me about my dead son," you find absolutely nothing wrong with that comment?

clambake
06-28-2007, 03:36 PM
because he's answering questions, dipshit. the questions were likely planted by coulter so she could shit on his grave. she' not scared of him like you are blacks, she thinks he's a faggot.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 03:37 PM
So when Ann Coulter says that John Edwards should have a bumper sticker that says "Ask me about my dead son," you find absolutely nothing wrong with that comment?
No, I think it's crass, disrespectful, and insensitive.

But, I also think John Edwards has exploited his son's death for political points...I think he's doing the same with his wife's illness.

That, too, is crass, disrespectful, and insensitive.

I don't buy Coulter's books and I don't vote for John Edwards.

George Gervin's Afro
06-28-2007, 03:45 PM
No, I think it's crass, disrespectful, and insensitive.

But, I also think John Edwards has exploited his son's death for political points...I think he's doing the same with his wife's illness.

That, too, is crass, disrespectful, and insensitive.

I don't buy Coulter's books and I don't vote for John Edwards.

Yoni you surprise me everyday. Not only do you think a parent would use their child's death to score political points you also think he would use his wife's cancer as well. UNBELIEVABLE

It's obvious you don't have children because if you did it would be very clear to you how stupid that sounds. I get emotional even contemplating life without my child and you think Edwards is over his son's death and now uses his memory as a political pinata

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 03:51 PM
Yoni you surprise me everyday. Not only do you think a parent would use their child's death to score political points you also think he would use his wife's cancer as well. UNBELIEVABLE

It's obvious you don't have children because if you did it would be very clear to you how stupid that sounds. I get emotional even contemplating life without my child and you think Edwards is over his son's death and now uses his memory as a political pinata
It surprises me that you are so naive as to believe that's not what is happening.

There are some candidates about which I wouldn't have that opinion. John Edwards isn't one of them.

In an e-mail to supporters, Edwards’ wife Elizabeth described why she called in to MSNBC’s “Hardball” Tuesday. The show featured the conservative pundit, who has often attacked Edwards.
Elizabeth Edwards said she decided to call the show to appeal to Coulter to stop the attacks.
The e-mail is coupled with an appeal for campaign donations.

“Please give what you can right now to help raise the dialogue and show that Ann Coulter-style politics will never carry the day,” Mrs. Edwards wrote.

It is the second time in as many quarters that the Edwards campaign is using Coulter for a fundraising appeal. In March, the 2004 Democratic vice presidential candidate raised “Coulter cash” after the right-wing pundit called the senator a “faggot.”

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 03:53 PM

There are varying degrees to which parents are willing to exploit their children and their sadnesses.

The Edwards' example isn't the most horrific but, none-the-less, it is an example.

Hell, George, there are people who kill their children for financial gain or for sympathy. Do you honestly believe there are people who wouldn't use the unfortunate accidental death of a child for the same purpose?

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 03:55 PM
It wouldn't surprise me, in the least, to find out the Edward's campaign cooked up the entire scenario -- including asking Hardball to have Coulter on as a guest.

Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

This is a guy that pretended to channel a dead child just to win a court case.

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 03:58 PM
break out the tin foil, Yoni.

clambake
06-28-2007, 04:00 PM
Some people will wish a guy dead, call him a faggot, and shit on his son's grave to make a buck, and get what they want.

Some people will plant deliberately misleading, completely fabricated evidence to justify what they want.

You're shocked?

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 04:01 PM
break out the tin foil, Yoni.

Edwards said she did not consult her husband before making the call, though she said campaign aides tracked down the phone number for her.

Used her husband's campaign staff to get the phone number but, Edwards was unaware?

Okay.

Mr. Peabody
06-28-2007, 04:01 PM

As opposed to the entire GOP channeling a brain-dead woman in Florida to win over their constituents.

Did you have a problem with that episode?

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 04:02 PM
As opposed to the entire GOP channeling a brain-dead woman in Florida to win over their constituents.
Back to mischaracterizations. What's the matter, can't stay on topic?

C'mon, you're better than clambake, aren't you?

clambake
06-28-2007, 04:03 PM
Not if he's black, right yoni?

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 04:04 PM

Used her husband's campaign staff to get the phone number but, Edwards was unaware?

Okay.

and got Chris Matthews to book Coulter just to give Mrs. Edwards a platform? Like I said, it's tin foil time for you.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 04:04 PM
Sorry clammy, you're inability to stay on topic and incessant posting of insubstantial responses, containing only some racial epithet directed at me, caused me to put you on ignore.

Name-calling isn't debate.

Have a nice life.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 04:06 PM
and got Chris Matthews to book Coulter just to give Mrs. Edwards a platform? Like I said, it's tin foil time for you.
I said I wouldn't be surprised. I didn't say it was a fact.

I'm not Nbadan.

clambake
06-28-2007, 04:06 PM
He's got this scenario in his head..........wait, where have I heard that?

Mr. Peabody
06-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Back to mischaracterizations. What's the matter, can't stay on topic?

C'mon, you're better than clambake, aren't you?

It's just that the speech Coulter alleged that Edwards gave during the trial sounded similar to the speeches Frist & Co. gave during the Schiavo affair. I do agree that it is off-topic, so I will let it go.

clambake
06-28-2007, 04:07 PM
Sorry clammy, you're inability to stay on topic and incessant posting of insubstantial responses, containing only some racial epithet directed at me, caused me to put you on ignore.

Have a nice life.
Too bad you can't put black people on ignore.

Oh, Gee!!
06-28-2007, 04:08 PM

Signed,

Ann Coulter

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 04:08 PM
It's just that the speech Coulter alleged that Edwards gave during the trial sounded similar to the speeches Frist & Co. gave during the Schiavo affair. I do agree that it is off-topic, so I will let it go.
My recollection of Edward's venture into channeling didn't come from Ann Coulter.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 04:09 PM
Signed,

Ann Coulter
I'm not Ann Coulter either.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 04:11 PM
And for those who don't believe a parent would exploit the death of their child for political gain, I give you:

Cindy Sheehan.

clambake
06-28-2007, 04:14 PM

That must mean that everything coulter says amounts to nothing, yet, you're a fan. Thanks for the admission.

Mr. Peabody
06-28-2007, 04:16 PM
And for those who don't believe a parent would exploit the death of their child for political gain, I give you:

Cindy Sheehan.

Wait a minute. Aren't you now going off topic...?

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 04:19 PM

In one of Edwards' silver-tongued arguments to the jury on behalf of a girl born with cerebral palsy, he claimed he was channeling the unborn baby girl, Jennifer Campbell, who was speaking to the jurors through him:

"She said at 3, 'I'm fine.' She said at 4, 'I'm having a little trouble, but I'm doing OK.' Five, she said, 'I'm having problems.' At 5:30, she said, 'I need out."'

"She speaks to you through me and I have to tell you right now -- I didn't plan to talk about this -- right now I feel her. I feel her presence. She's inside me, and she's talking to you."
I'm surprised she didn't say, "My lawyer needs a Jaguar and a haircut."

Please, since you brought it up, find a similar silly quote from "Frist & Co."

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 04:20 PM
Wait a minute. Aren't you now going off topic...?
Not really, apparently people in this forum find it hard to believe a politician would exploit a tragedy for political gain. but my next post does...

By the way, Mary Jo Kopeckne was unavailable for comment on Teddy Kennedy's choice of Tuxedo with neck brace attire for his news conference after he left her to drown.

Mr. Peabody
06-28-2007, 04:26 PM
In one of Edwards' silver-tongued arguments to the jury on behalf of a girl born with cerebral palsy, he claimed he was channeling the unborn baby girl, Jennifer Campbell, who was speaking to the jurors through him:

I'm surprised she didn't say, "My lawyer needs a Jaguar and a haircut."

Please, since you brought it up, find a similar silly quote from "Frist & Co."

Bill Frist (R-Tenn.), a renowned heart surgeon before becoming Senate majority leader, went to the floor late Thursday night for the second time in 12 hours to argue that Florida doctors had erred in saying Terri Schiavo is in a "persistent vegetative state."

"I question it based on a review of the video footage which I spent an hour or so looking at last night in my office," he said in a lengthy speech in which he quoted medical texts and standards. "She certainly seems to respond to visual stimuli."

His comments raised eyebrows in medical and political circles alike. It is not every day that a high-profile physician relies on family videotapes to challenge the diagnosis of doctors who examined a severely brain-damaged patient in person. Democrats were quick to note that Frist was getting rave reviews from conservative activists who will play a major role in the 2008 presidential primaries he is weighing.

In light of the fact that Schiavo was blind at the time of the video, I would say that Frist's comments were idiotic.

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 04:29 PM
Bill Frist (R-Tenn.), a renowned heart surgeon before becoming Senate majority leader, went to the floor late Thursday night for the second time in 12 hours to argue that Florida doctors had erred in saying Terri Schiavo is in a "persistent vegetative state."

"I question it based on a review of the video footage which I spent an hour or so looking at last night in my office," he said in a lengthy speech in which he quoted medical texts and standards. "She certainly seems to respond to visual stimuli."

His comments raised eyebrows in medical and political circles alike. It is not every day that a high-profile physician relies on family videotapes to challenge the diagnosis of doctors who examined a severely brain-damaged patient in person. Democrats were quick to note that Frist was getting rave reviews from conservative activists who will play a major role in the 2008 presidential primaries he is weighing.
He made an opinion based on information available to him. He could have been wrong but, that's a far cry from pretending to channel Terry Schaivo's person.

That's not the same as saying, "She's inside me, and she's talking to you."

clambake
06-28-2007, 04:49 PM
:dizzy Yoni is such a phony.

A year ago, yoni said that he thinks bush was sent from God to lead us. What "channel" were you on then, yoni?

Yonivore
06-28-2007, 04:58 PM
:dizzy Yoni is such a phony.

A year ago, yoni said that he thinks bush was sent from God to lead us. What "channel" were you on then, yoni?
See, I take you off ignore for a second and what do I find. Yet another mischaracterization.

It is fucking funny how your mind works.

Seeya.

clambake
06-28-2007, 05:19 PM
mischaracterization

you keep using that word. i do not think it means what you think it means.

johnsmith
06-28-2007, 05:29 PM
I watched the video, then I read the first two pages of this thread and couldn't take it anymore.

Does anyone see the irony in the fact that Edwards was telling Coulter to quit being negative, then all you board liberals cheer her on, and then all you do is call people names throughout the rest of the thread.

God I love liberal hypocrisy, "it's ok for us to do it".

Mr. Peabody
06-28-2007, 05:38 PM
I watched the video, then I read the first two pages of this thread and couldn't take it anymore.

Does anyone see the irony in the fact that Edwards was telling Coulter to quit being negative, then all you board liberals cheer her on, and then all you do is call people names throughout the rest of the thread.

God I love liberal hypocrisy, "it's ok for us to do it".

Who are all the "board liberals" who are calling people names throughout the thread?

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 05:56 PM

Not only that; from page 127 of Godless in a chapter titled “Liberals’ Doctrine of Infallibility: Sobbing Hysterical Women”:

Sheehan was joined in her cause by Elizabeth Edwards, wife of former Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards. Edwards sent out a public letter asking people to “Support Cindy Sheehan’s Right to Be Heard,” which the media almost missed because they were all in Crawford interviewing Cindy Sheehan. Joining the school of thought that says “having a loved on killed violently makes you an expert advocate for liberal policies,” Mrs. Edwards noted that she, too, had a son who died. What is this, some kind of weird club or something?
Mrs. Edwards complains about Coulter, yet joins forces with Sheehan who has said some pretty nasty things about president Bush. Do I see a double standard here?

Page 101 of How to Talk to a Liberal, section titled “The Party of Ideas”:

At least when Gephardt exploits a family tragedy, he doesn’t expect praise for not exploiting a family. John Edwards injects his son’s fatal car accident into his campaign by defending that everyone notice how he refuses to inject his son’s fatal car accident into the campaign. Edwards has talked about his son’s death in a 1996 car accident on Good Morning America, in dozens of profiles, and in his hew book – “It was and is the most important fact of my life.” His 1998 senate campaign ads feature film footage of Edwards at a learning lab he founded in honor of his son, titled the Wade Edwards Learning Lab. He wears his son’s Outward Bound pin on his suit lapel. He was going to wear it on his sleeve, until someone suggested that might be a little too “on the nose.”

clambake
06-28-2007, 06:15 PM
Mrs. Edwards complains about Coulter, yet joins forces with Sheehan who has said some pretty nasty things about president Bush. Do I see a double standard here?
Coulter wishes her husband was killed by a terrorist.
Coulter calls her husband a faggot.
Coulter shits all over the memory of Edwards son.

Sheehan loses a son because of the lies cooked up by BushCo.

What could these women have to complain about?

Wild Cobra
06-28-2007, 06:25 PM

Place those statements in the correct context and we can debate it. I'm tired of debating the twisted truth and lies.

mikejones99
06-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Stupid Bitches all just need to Shut up. These two make Paris look smart.

SA210
06-28-2007, 07:06 PM
:lol at conservatives lying about what Bill Maher said.

clambake
06-29-2007, 12:43 AM
Place those statements in the correct context and we can debate it. I'm tired of debating the twisted truth and lies.
I'm surprised anyone would want to debate their position for defending Ann Coulter, with the premise of arranging her words into some valid point of view. I guess I could request that all Democratic talking heads should focus their attacks on "The Administrations Family", but that would be.....tacky, at best. That's not how progressives live their life. I understand the "rights" MO. They must attack, because this white house has not earned the right to be defended.
If I were a turncoat republican, then I would focus on the integrity of a "W' that had the the retards photo shopped out of the Bush family portrait and marry that to all his claims about his relationship with God. That's a man with polar opposites. I would then suggest he'd rather lock those retards in a closet while he's giving a speech that amounts to nothing more than a false expression of faith.
Would you rather talk about someones words, or someones actions?

Wild Cobra
06-29-2007, 04:48 AM
No she didn't. She said no such thing. She said something close, but the context is in error that you present.

Again, you are wrong. She said she couldn’t use the F-word.

If you say so. That's opinion. Since when is pointing out the truth of a circumstance shitting on it?

Bullshit. Sheehan lost a son because he joined the armed forces. He even re-enlisted after the war started. He knew what he was getting into. In this case, Sheehan is shitting on the momory of her son!

Clambake, you are telling lies. What is a lie? here are some typical definitions from an unabridged dictionary:

lie; n.

2) That which deceives and disappoints confidence.

lie; v.t.

2) To cause an incorrect impression; to present a misleading appearance;

To say president Bush lied, you must accept the same definition for yourself.

Mr. Peabody
06-29-2007, 06:19 AM
Again, you are wrong. She said she couldn’t use the F-word.

She said that she wanted to talk about Edwards but "you have to go into rehab if you use the word faggot." How is that not calling him a "faggot"?

George Gervin's Afro
06-29-2007, 09:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by clambake

If you say so. That's opinion. Since when is pointing out the truth of a circumstance shitting on it?

Wouldn't this mean that it could be my opinion that Edwards hasn't used his son for political gain? You and the Yoni types like to inject your opinion as the only correct view on a particular issue such as this one. There is not one bit of proof that Edwards used his son's death (which I find laughable) for political with the exception of your opinion. I suggest you start premising with all of your future crap postings with the words "in my opinion"..

I was just reading your post and it dawned on me that you refuted clam's argument with your opinion
If you say so. That's opinion. Since when is pointing out the truth of a circumstance shitting on it?[/ and not anything factual..I think that some of you people on the right don't realize that all , or most, of your beliefs are based on conservative OPINION and your blinded by any other possible reasoning towards an issue..I compare it to you running into an argument with your GOP talking point manual in hand and while reading it you completely ignore what the other person is saying.

Yonivore
06-29-2007, 09:22 AM
She said that she wanted to talk about Edwards but "you have to go into rehab if you use the word faggot." How is that not calling him a "faggot"?
OMG! You're right! Coulter called Edwards a faggot. How could I not see that?

C'mon, I know you're not as dense as clambake.

Yes, she called him a faggot. But, only because he's a regular target of opportunity for her, (Apparently, considering the fund raising associated with Coulter attacks -- so called "Coulter Cash" -- the relationship is symbiotic). If you'll remember was was in the news at the time, the comment was more of a political commentary on the political correctness of Isaiah Washington checking into rehab for homophobia.

I said, at the time, her joke was stupid. It still is. But, it wasn't about calling Edwards a faggot. Had there been some other stupid, politically correct, nonsense that week -- she would have probably applied that to Edwards as well.

One of the reasons I'm not a Coulter fan -- sometimes she reaches. But, seriously, if Mr. and Mrs. Edwards can't take it (which, I think their outrage is more feigned for "Coulter Cash" than anything) they shouldn't be in politics.

Yonivore
06-29-2007, 09:28 AM
Wouldn't this mean that it could be my opinion that Edwards hasn't used his son for political gain?
Yes, it would mean that.

You and the Yoni types like to inject your opinion as the only correct view on a particular issue such as this one.
It's called, "arguing our position." You don't do the same?

There is not one bit of proof that Edwards used his son's death (which I find laughable) for political with the exception of your opinion. I suggest you start premising with all of your future crap postings with the words "in my opinion".
Suggest away...it doesn't make you the king of political discourse. Besides, if one were inclined, and apparently ABC News was with regard to Mrs. Edwards convenient outrage this week, one could probably draw many parallels or correlations between sympathetic news articles and fund-raising or campaign objectives during the races in which Edwards has run.

I'm not inclined to do that for a stupid forum but, if one were...it is my opinion that's what you'd find. So sue me.

I was just reading your post and it dawned on me that you refuted clam's argument with your opinion and not anything factual..I think that some of you people on the right don't realize that all , or most, of your beliefs are based on conservative OPINION and your blinded by any other possible reasoning towards an issue..I compare it to you running into an argument with your GOP talking point manual in hand and while reading it you completely ignore what the other person is saying.
I would really like to get my hands on this "GOP talking points manual," sounds fascinating.

George Gervin's Afro
06-29-2007, 09:29 AM
But, seriously, if Mr. and Mrs. Edwards can't take it (which, I think their outrage is more feigned for "Coulter Cash" than anything) they shouldn't be in politics.

Yes least we forget in Yoni's opinion the Edward's have gotten over the death of their child. It's old news now they throw his memory around like a political football.. utterly pathetic :rolleyes

Edward's son's death is now used conveniently..

George Gervin's Afro
06-29-2007, 09:33 AM
Yes, it would mean that.

It's called, "arguing our position." You don't do the same?

Suggest away...it doesn't make you the king of political discourse. Besides, if one were inclined, and apparently ABC News was with regard to Mrs. Edwards convenient outrage this week, one could probably draw many parallels or correlations between sympathetic news articles and fund-raising or campaign objectives during the races in which Edwards has run.

I'm not inclined to do that for a stupid forum but, if one were...it is my opinion that's what you'd find. So sue me.

I would really like to get my hands on this "GOP talking points manual," sounds fascinating.

Drawing parallels? You mean where bush misled us to go to war for other reasons then why were told? Come on Yoni if were are going to start drawing parallels let's do it for otherr issues as well.. with the Iraq war you don't accept people making comparisons and noting 'coincedences' that have dogged this war from the beginning..

Yonivore
06-29-2007, 09:35 AM
Yes least we forget in Yoni's opinion the Edward's have gotten over the death of their child.
Quote me.

It's old news now they throw his memory around like a political football.. utterly pathetic :rolleyes
Not the same as claiming their exploiting his death for political gain but, I'm pretty used the hyperbole and absolutism from the likes of you.

Edward's son's death is now used conveniently..
There you go. That's close to what I'm saying. Seriously. It is. And I have absolutely no doubt there is a political operative, within the Edwards campaign that has used something close to those exact words.

"John, we can use this..."

Mr. Peabody
06-29-2007, 09:40 AM
OMG! You're right! Coulter called Edwards a faggot. How could I not see that?

C'mon, I know you're not as dense as clambake.

Yes, she called him a faggot. But, only because he's a regular target of opportunity for her, (Apparently, considering the fund raising associated with Coulter attacks -- so called "Coulter Cash" -- the relationship is symbiotic). If you'll remember was was in the news at the time, the comment was more of a political commentary on the political correctness of Isaiah Washington checking into rehab for homophobia.

I said, at the time, her joke was stupid. It still is. But, it wasn't about calling Edwards a faggot. Had there been some other stupid, politically correct, nonsense that week -- she would have probably applied that to Edwards as well.

One of the reasons I'm not a Coulter fan -- sometimes she reaches. But, seriously, if Mr. and Mrs. Edwards can't take it (which, I think their outrage is more feigned for "Coulter Cash" than anything) they shouldn't be in politics.

I was merely replying to Wild Cobra's assertion that Coulter did not call Edward's a faggot. It's clear that she did. Why even argue that point? I agree with you and acknowledge that it was a joke about the Isaiah Washington incident. I also agree that the joke was a little forced and was hardly a commentary on Edwards. I agree that she could have and would have used anybody as the punchline for that joke.

I cannot, however, fault Elizabeth Edwards for calling her out on the "Ask me about my dead son" crack. It was over the line and Edwards told her that.

George Gervin's Afro
06-29-2007, 09:40 AM
Quote me.

Not the same as claiming their exploiting his death for political gain but, I'm pretty used the hyperbole and absolutism from the likes of you.

There you go. That's close to what I'm saying. Seriously. It is. And I have absolutely no doubt there is a political operative, within the Edwards campaign that has used something close to those exact words.

"John, we can use this..."

Yoni you don't get it. I cannot fathom that anyone living with a hole in their heart would use that pain of that for political gain.. Do you think the Edward's like thinking about the death of their child? Because if your right about them they must deal with that pain for no other eason than to manipulate the public..

Mr. Peabody
06-29-2007, 09:43 AM

http://users.skynet.be/terrorism/jpeg/usa_militia_bushart_1.jpg

Yonivore
06-29-2007, 09:44 AM
Drawing parallels? You mean where bush misled us to go to war for other reasons then why were told?
See...that's what I'm talking about. Your characterization that President Bush misled the American people is a fabrication lacking absolutely any supporting evidence.

Come on Yoni if were are going to start drawing parallels let's do it for otherr issues as well.. with the Iraq war you don't accept people making comparisons and noting 'coincedences' that have dogged this war from the beginning..
It's not that I don't accept them, I generally try to demonstrate where their argument is lacking by arguing facts.

That's what this forum is for, I thought.

I think a good recent example is where I argued with that idiot over the claim that Secretary of State Colin Powell admitting he had fabricated and exaggerated intelligence during his presentation at the U.N....and, further, that President Bush had continued to rely on that fraudulent testimony long after it had been discovered to have been untrue.

The public record refutes that and I simply showed that. Now, I'm under no illusions the idiot with whom I was arguing was persuaded in any way but, there are others reading the forum and hopefully they make up their minds on an issue based on the quality of an argument and it's support.

Yonivore
06-29-2007, 09:46 AM
http://users.skynet.be/terrorism/jpeg/usa_militia_bushart_1.jpg
That's helpful. :rolleyes

You really disappoint lately Peabody. I thought you were above that. But, I guess not.

Yonivore
06-29-2007, 09:50 AM
Yoni you don't get it. I cannot fathom that anyone living with a hole in their heart would use that pain of that for political gain.
I know you can't and, that's probably to your credit. But, people do exploit all sorts of personal tragedy for gains of many different types...including political.

Do you think the Edward's like thinking about the death of their child?
No. But some people want political power so badly, they're willing to cast aside ethics and all sorts of things to achieve it.

I think John Edwards ability to stand in a crowded courtroom and seriously pretend to channel a dead child is a good indicator that his is such a person.

Because if your right about them they must deal with that pain for no other eason than to manipulate the public..
He wants to be in the White House really, really, really bad.

Mr. Peabody
06-29-2007, 10:10 AM
That's helpful. :rolleyes

You really disappoint lately Peabody. I thought you were above that. But, I guess not.

C'mon, that was funny.

clambake
06-29-2007, 10:15 AM
But some people want political power so badly, they're willing to cast aside ethics and all sorts of things to achieve it.

We agree, it's amazing. Like Bush, when he chained his retards in the WH basement to keep them out of view. Afraid of his image being tarnished or fearing that someone might suggest he carries similar genes. Maybe Abeu Ghraib was borne from experience.

Yonivore
06-29-2007, 10:15 AM
C'mon, that was funny.
Nah, not so much.

Maybe I'm just sensitive to the "racist" tag lately, though. Meh, could be.

E20
06-29-2007, 11:43 AM
Ann Coulter is a bitch, no one should care what she has to say.

Yonivore
06-29-2007, 11:47 AM
Ann Coulter is a bitch, no one should care what she has to say.
Well, Chris Matthews booked her on his show and Elizabeth Edwards called in to "confront" her. Somebody must care.

Trainwreck2100
06-29-2007, 11:54 AM
I don't get how anyone can deny Ann Coulter's bitchness.

Yonivore
06-29-2007, 12:11 PM
Who's denying it?

E20
06-29-2007, 02:35 PM
Well, Chris Matthews booked her on his show and Elizabeth Edwards called in to "confront" her. Somebody must care.
It's the media, they're gonna want money. Ann Coulter sells cause she's stupid, but racy. Like Paris Hilton.

xrayzebra
06-29-2007, 02:54 PM
Lizbeth, I thought she had incurable cancer. Hmmmm. Oh, well.
Maybe her husband can sue God. Or get a donation.

Mr. Peabody
06-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Lizbeth, I thought she had incurable cancer. Hmmmm. Oh, well.
Maybe her husband can sue God. Or get a donation.

So are you saying that it's God that causes cancer?

smeagol
06-29-2007, 03:07 PM
I saw Coulter with O'Reilly. He even annoyed and confronted the Big Bill.

Wild Cobra
06-29-2007, 03:49 PM
You don’t get it. OK, I should have spelled out “faggot” but does that matter? Yes, she insinuated she wanted to call him that, but it was in such a context after the rehab incident, and she was making a joke. Without such a ‘rehab’ incident, she would have never called him a faggot!

Let’s even say she did? Who really cares. I don’t see any lefties complaining about the way other lefties talk about righties. Why complain about Coulter, but not others. This is not a proper thing to focus on.

I cannot, however, fault Elizabeth Edwards for calling her out on the "Ask me about my dead son" crack. It was over the line and Edwards told her that.
Why not. Anyone that knows Ann Coulter just a tiny bit knows she will capitalize on such a statement.

Consider this… It was just another way for the Edwards campaign to use their son’s death for political gain. Coulter would not have said more without it being brought up first!

They are masters of bring it up without bringing it up!

Now if the question was “conservative talking points manual” I would have to say I didn’t know there was a manual that spelled out the truth! It’s out there everywhere!

Who's denying it?
Some people don’t mind a woman who doesn’t hold back and speaks her mind!

E20
06-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Some people don’t mind a woman who doesn’t hold back and speaks her mind!
That maybe true, but the words spoken by Coulter are reaking of pukeshit and gar-bitch.

Yonivore
06-29-2007, 04:21 PM
John Edwards Lumps Karl Rove In With Ann Coulter On Hardball (http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/19482788/)

Nice stretch there, Breck Girl:

I think that when people like Ann Coulter—and it‘s not just her, unfortunately, it‘s her and people just like her, Karl Rove and all those people. I mean, when they engage us in this kind of hate-mongering, you have to stand up to them. You have to stand up to them.
Whatever your opinion is of Karl Rove, he doesn’t have a mouth on him like Ann Coulter. But you gotta love the way Edwards is milking this Coulter thing for all he’s worth by lumping in everyone on the right with her.

No, no, this guy's not exploitive.

Wild Cobra
06-29-2007, 04:28 PM
That maybe true, but the words spoken by Coulter are reaking of pukeshit and gar-bitch.Not any worse than yours.

Think about that. Any of you who bad talk other have absolutely no right to call Coulter on the way she speaks!

Fucking hypocrites!

SA210
06-29-2007, 04:37 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=dLJmorLoL-w

Go Edwards!

E20
06-29-2007, 04:40 PM
Not any worse than yours.

Think about that. Any of you who bad talk other have absolutely no right to call Coulter on the way she speaks!

Fucking hypocrites!
That just doesn't make any sense. I'm stating a fact when I say that Coulter's words are concieted, arrogant, hateful, authoritarian, and hell, I'll just go on a say that her words/opnions are un-democratic. And how do you know I've talked bad about people? I'm gonna say it right now I haven't talked bad about anyone. When I say Coulter is a bitch and her words suck, I'm not talking shit about her, I'm telling the truth, a fact. And I'm pretty sure half the shit other people say aren't as bad as what Coulter says. I mean if this were late 30's or early 40's, she'd be the type to move to Germany and wave a Swatizka flag around or if this were the later 50's early 60's, she'd be the type to put a table cloth over her head with burning crosses. If she wasn't going to do the act she'd either endorse/support them or approve of there acts. If a new law was passed that you could go and kill any Muslim/Democrat/Gay/whatever you see, she'd go ahead and do it with a smile on her face.

Yonivore
06-29-2007, 04:44 PM
That just doesn't make any sense. I'm stating a fact when I say that Coulter's words are concieted, arrogant, hateful, authoritarian, and hell, I'll just go on a say that her words/opnions are un-democratic.
No, you're stating an opinion.

And how do you know I've talked bad about people? I'm gonna say it right now I haven't talked bad about anyone. When I say Coulter is a bitch and her words suck, I'm not talking shit about her, I'm telling the truth, a fact.
So, in your twisted logic the truth can never be bad?

And I'm pretty sure half the shit other people say aren't as bad as what Coulter says.
You don't read much Rosie O'Donnell or listen to much AirAmeriscam, do you? Wait, is AirAmeriscam still on the air?

I mean if this were late 30's or early 40's, she'd be the type to move to Germany and wave a Swatizka flag around or if this were the later 50's early 60's, she'd be the type to put a table cloth over her head with burning crosses.
No, that was Democrat Joseph Kennedy and Democrat Robert Byrd.

If she wasn't going to do the act she'd either endorse/support them or approve of there acts. If a new law was passed that you could go and kill any Muslim/Democrat/Gay/whatever you see, she'd go ahead and do it with a smile on her face.
Another fact?

E20
06-29-2007, 05:05 PM
No, you're stating an opinion.

You don't read much Rosie O'Donnell or listen to much AirAmeriscam, do you? Wait, is AirAmeriscam still on the air?

Another fact?
I guess you read from a different dictionary, because Coulter's speeches/books are always concieted, apply hate etc....I'm not gonna argue with you, because your gonna disagree(your a conservative), but it's a fact that you can't accept, because a member of your party is a moron. Rosie O'Donnel is a joke and not a person who has any poltical power at all and doesn't influence people in there politics and if she does, the people that are influenced are morons along with the people influenced by Micheal Moore and Coulter. She's a big fat fucking joke.

Your just twisting my words. I never said the truth is always good. :lol

I'm not Democrat or Republican, so I don't really care that your bringing other parties, but just two others that people should watch out for. If what you say is true and they do those kind of things, they should have a get-together with Coulter and burn some crosses and draw Nazi symbols.

Another fact?
Yeah, I'm pretty sure. It's in her thoughts, but she won't say it out right, not good publicity. She's slipped though. I was watching her on the Big Idea with Donny Detsich (or however you spell his name) and Donny said: "Islam, whats the 1st thing that comes in your mind when you hear it? And she replied: "Ware mongering animals, the world doesn't need them and it would be better if all Muslims were gone. In her context 'Gone' implied 'Dead'. Even Donny said: "Whoa, are you serious?" Then Coulter tried to retract her words, but it ended up making her look like an ass. It's probably the same with gays and liberals.

Wild Cobra
06-29-2007, 05:05 PM
If a new law was passed that you could go and kill any Muslim/Democrat/Gay/whatever you see, she'd go ahead and do it with a smile on her face.
Your ignorance is showing...

Coulter has friend who are openly gay!

Statements like that whitout facts are SLANDER

And what do you accuse Coulter of?

Give me a break.

E20
06-29-2007, 05:09 PM
Your ignorance is showing...

Coulter has friend who are openly gay!

Statements like that whitout facts are SLANDER

And what do you accuse Coulter of?

Give me a break.
Oh okay, so gays are crossed of that list. That just leaves Liberals and Muslims. Gotcha. :shootme

Wild Cobra
06-29-2007, 05:12 PM
Oh okay, so gays are crossed of that list. That just leaves Liberals and Muslims. Gotcha. :shootme
Scratch off liberals because she knows she would be out of a job without them. As for Muslims, she only advocates killing the radical extreemists.

A wonder why I debate people who have only slander with no relavant facts. Perhaps you should thumb through a book of hers sometime and see what she is saying in its full context.

E20
06-29-2007, 05:31 PM
Wild Cobra - I'm not gonna argue with you, because your gonna disagree(your a conservative), but it's a fact that you can't accept, because a member of your party is a clueless/incomptent/any other degrading comment here. But, why is Coulter calling lot's of people gay? Clintons/Gore/Edwards/Liberals? Is being gay something bad? Why does she have a gay friend then? I wonder what that 'friend' of Coulter thinks of her calling others gay as a dergotory term.

mikejones99
06-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Cunt in the dictionary is a picture of Ann coulter and nancy grace.

Yonivore
06-29-2007, 10:34 PM
Cunt in the dictionary is a picture of Ann coulter and nancy grace.
Can anybody diagram that sentence?

SodaPoop
06-30-2007, 12:00 AM
Look at all these cunts defending that cunt coulter. Cunts stick together and have each others backs or cunts. :fro

Wild Cobra
06-30-2007, 03:39 AM
Wild Cobra - I'm not gonna argue with you, because your gonna disagree(your a conservative), but it's a fact that you can't accept, because a member of your party is a clueless/incomptent/any other degrading comment here.
Help me understand something please. Wasn't the intent of this thread pointing out the degrading behavior that Ann Coulter uses against others? Why is it that people who argue against her behavior, like you, exercise exactly the same behavior?

And again, I am not a republican. My values are primarily conservative and libertarian based and firmly rooted in the intent of our constitution.

But, why is Coulter calling lot's of people gay? Clintons/Gore/Edwards/Liberals? Is being gay something bad? Why does she have a gay friend then? I wonder what that 'friend' of Coulter thinks of her calling others gay as a dergotory term.
I’m not familiar with remarks attributed to her calling other gay. As for follow-ups to the remark, she clearly said she something to the effect that wouldn’t offend the gay community by comparing them to Edwards!

Please supply me with the quotes of her calling other gay. Please support that contention.

You all may want to see this clip, an audience member from when Coulter used the word “faggot” explains the context of her usage:

Fox Defends Coulter - Edwards Isn't a 'Real' Man (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z32Qb59m6LY)

Now according to Michelle Malkin, she agrees the joke was bad:

Michelle Malkin comments on Coulter (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H32q7Jpdjwc)

Here is the entire Chris Matthews program. It is actually a very good show for Hardball. Mrs. Edwards call starts about half way in part 4:

Hardball w/Chris Matthews-Coulter-Edwards Pt 1 of 7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nn_9aYBh498)

Hardball w/Chris Matthews-Coulter-Edwards Pt 2 of 7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmDgT69XjBQ)

Hardball w/Chris Matthews-Coulter-Edwards Pt 3 of 7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EW-kdRRxtwI)

Hardball w/Chris Matthews-Coulter-Edwards Pt 4 of 7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jmpjqHf3e8)

Hardball w/Chris Matthews-Coulter-Edwards Pt 5 of 7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAxogqKYefU)

Hardball w/Chris Matthews-Coulter-Edwards Pt 6 of 7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1NUurYeZrvI)

Hardball w/Chris Matthews-Coulter-Edwards Pt 7 of 7 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2fyhttp2hpE)

Wild Cobra
06-30-2007, 04:25 AM
That just doesn't make any sense. I'm stating a fact when I say that Coulter's words are concieted, arrogant, hateful, authoritarian, and hell, I'll just go on a say that her words/opnions are un-democratic. And how do you know I've talked bad about people? I'm gonna say it right now I haven't talked bad about anyone. You have.
When I say Coulter is a bitch and her words suck, I'm not talking shit about her, I'm telling the truth, a fact.That is your opinion. I don't consider her fitting the 'bitch' category. Confrontational, yes. Bitch, no. Ann Coulter is actually rather personable. She knows what she is talking about, is seldom wrong, and doesn't offer up immediate answers without some prior thought.
These are your words, right?:

That maybe true, but the words spoken by Coulter are reaking of pukeshit and gar-bitch.
Your opinion, not factually supportable.

It's the media, they're gonna want money. Ann Coulter sells cause she's stupid, but racy. Like Paris Hilton.
Racy, yes. She normally wears a short black dress. Stupid, absolutely not. Isn't that name-calling? Like Hilton, give me a break. You should control your comments before complaining about others.

Chances are if this were the 1880's or the 1960's she'd be wearing a white hood and also would hold the world record of lynches.

Here, your insinuating she is a racist, and would kill blacks.

No name calling? No derogatory statements?

Wild Cobra
06-30-2007, 06:38 AM
Ann Coulter's own explaination for attacking the Jersey Girls:

Ann Coulter Crazy On The Today Show (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YyjrhvmDM8)

Wild Cobra
06-30-2007, 06:48 AM
I’m sure some of you haven’t see this yet. Could it be prophetic? After two years of democrat control congress, Sheehan shooting spree, etc?

Coulter & Limbaugh Introduce 1/2 Hour News Hour (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WCNc7JZ24k)

Notice how they can mock themselves…

clambake
06-30-2007, 11:23 AM
Aren't they cute!!! It almost made me forget about the deliberately misleading evidence the WH planted to justify this comedy of errors. And I damn near forgot about the Bush retards that have been underground for 7 years. Praise the Lord.

exstatic
06-30-2007, 12:08 PM
the Xrays of the world
Actuall, I IMMEDIATELY thought XRay, Yawny, and Gtrick.

xrayzebra
06-30-2007, 03:08 PM
^^Funny, I don't think of you at all.

cecil collins
07-01-2007, 04:18 AM
Yeah, yeah ok fine.

Bla bla bla...

Quick question.

The same demographic that reelects an incompetent president because they are scared.

cecil collins
07-01-2007, 04:24 AM
Scratch off liberals because she knows she would be out of a job without them. As for Muslims, she only advocates killing the radical extreemists.

A wonder why I debate people who have only slander with no relavant facts. Perhaps you should thumb through a book of hers sometime and see what she is saying in its full context.
Maybe(to spare me from reading her shit) you could explain why she claims that liberals are pro choice because they like to kill babies. Where are her facts for that claim? She's a stupid bitch, who makes money because stodgy, idiot conservatives can't comprehend logic.

Wild Cobra
07-01-2007, 04:58 AM
Maybe(to spare me from reading her shit) you could explain why she claims that liberals are pro choice because they like to kill babies. Where are her facts for that claim? She's a stupid bitch, who makes money because stodgy, idiot conservatives can't comprehend logic.
I don't remeber the context that way.

Quote please, and source link, then I will respond. I will not respond to a mischaractorization of her words.

Wild Cobra
07-01-2007, 05:00 AM
It almost made me forget about the deliberately misleading evidence the WH planted to justify this comedy of errors.
You really believe that?

Think about that idiotic statement for just 1/2 a second. If Bush planted evidence, wouldn't he have planted substantial WMD?

sabar
07-01-2007, 05:01 AM
Wild Cobra - I'm not gonna argue with you, because your gonna disagree(your a conservative), but it's a fact that you can't accept, because a member of your party is a clueless/incomptent/any other degrading comment here.Bingo. Arguing with Yoni and his adoring fan is pointless, he will follow his political party to the bitter end. They could commit mass genocide and these blind sheep would still follow these sorry excuses for human beings.

I think Coulter and Rosie and Sheehan are people that should be exterminated from existance or kept in solitary confinement. See what I just did there? How I didn't polarize to one side like the Yoni's of the world will always do? You don't even need to read the posts and you already know the subject matter.

This is why party politics is a failure, it doesn't aim to further human goals, it furthers the special interest goals. This is why the United States is always behind 5-10 years in social issues compared to the rest of society. Why it took us so long to abolish horrible institutions and why we have the death penalty and this pointless war. Why the immigration debate has become a stalemate and remain unsolved. When a person's personal beliefs veto something the people overwhelmingly support. Why this country gets weaker every year and will be sharing the superpower status within our lifetimes. Why the world hates us and why this forum is for entertainment and nothing serious. Why no problem proposed in a topic here has ever been solved but degraded into a 2 sided debate.

I personally don't mind, it's entertaining and humanity has a tendency to self-correct itself as people notice the failures of the current system.

As to why people like Coulter are dangerous, and why their opinions matter. As to why we can criticize them while being hypocritical?

They have power. We don't.
They have influnce over millions of sheep. We don't. And power is dangerous, it changes people and not always for the better. And frankly, people Coulter and Sheehan are dangerous with their hate-filled rhetoric.

clambake
07-01-2007, 12:15 PM
You really believe that?

Think about that idiotic statement for just 1/2 a second. If Bush planted evidence, wouldn't he have planted substantial WMD?
That one conference room at the WH contained only a certain amount of people neccesary to agree on a collusive conclusion.

To suggest he's intelligent enough to have planned ahead for planting WMD's is a reach, at best. By then, all the worlds eyes were watching, and that's where I give him credit. Credit for not pulling off another bonehead move. You forget that one individual has admitted the hard truths of using deliberately misleading evidence to go along with other exagerated, and just flat wrong evidence.

Let's play it from your perspective, shall we? All the evidence is dead on, 100% accurate. Invading Iraq was the only response, and this team of WH execs. are just the people to do it.

What we discovered is that this team couldn't find it's way out of a parking lot, and can't plan beyond the meal they're eating. It's a neverending incompetence train. These fools think they should be playing in the big game. They shouldn't even be allowed the watch the game from a sports bar. They have destroyed everything that America has stood for and it will take decades for our country to correct it. We used to mean something in the world and now we stand for something entirely opposite.

You see, I think it's a bad thing to have most of the world turn against you. Just ask Hitler.

xrayzebra
07-01-2007, 12:33 PM
We used to mean something in the world and now we stand for something entirely opposite.

You see, I think it's a bad thing to have most of the world turn against you. Just ask Hitler.

Yes they loved us, especially people like you, so much
they blew up the WTC, twice, our embassies and our
barracks. Yes we were so loved by the world. And now
they have turned against us. Give me a break.

SA210
07-01-2007, 01:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sJlKE_BLAUM

Your next President xray :tu

xrayzebra
07-01-2007, 01:45 PM
^^If he is elected, you are right, he will be my President. But
he wont be elected with my help.

Yonivore
07-01-2007, 02:58 PM
I think Coulter and Rosie and Sheehan are people that should be exterminated from existance or kept in solitary confinement.
And you think we're dangerous?

cecil collins
07-02-2007, 02:48 AM
I don't remeber the context that way.

Quote please, and source link, then I will respond. I will not respond to a mischaractorization of her words.
Like anyone would have to twist her words to make her sound like satan.

Findog
07-02-2007, 07:12 AM

Right-wing organizations buy her books in bulk to pump up her numbers and thus make it look like she's a successful author. What was Chris Matthews' rationale for having her on his show? "Say what you will about her, but she sells books."

I have to believe that she's a professional troll. I don't doubt that she's a conservative, but her career path is a little different than that of George Will or David Brooks. Only way to really hurt somebody like her is to ignore her...eventually she'll have to up the ante to get attention, and then one day she'll say or write something so beyond the pale that she'll be shunned in mainstream circles.

In a just world, she'd be exiled to Mississippi or Alabama, forever unable to interact with the East Coast liberal intellectuals she loves to torment.

Findog
07-02-2007, 07:15 AM
I think Coulter and Rosie and Sheehan are people that should be exterminated from existance or kept in solitary confinement

For what? Thought crimes? No thanks, that's a bit too Nazi Germany, Soviet Union for my tastes.