PDA

View Full Version : Fashion House Founder Liz Claiborne Dies...

sa_butta
06-27-2007, 02:10 PM
http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory?id=3322495

Fashion designer Liz Claiborne, whose styles became a cornerstone of career women's wardrobes in the 1970s and 1980s, has died, the company she founded said Wednesday. She was 78.
The cause of her death on Tuesday was not immediately known.

Claiborne, who retired from the day-to-day operations in 1989, founded Liz Claiborne Inc. in 1976 along with second husband Art Ortenberg and Leonard Boxer. Their goal was to create a collection of fashions aimed at the growing number of women entering the work force.
"In losing Liz Claiborne, we have not only lost the founder of our company, but an inspirational woman who revolutionized the fashion industry 30 years ago," said Bill McComb, CEO of Liz Claiborne, in a statement.

"Her commitment to style and design is ever present in our thinking and the way we work. We will remember Liz for her vision, her entrepreneurial spirit and her enduring compassion and generosity," he said.

G.Q.
06-27-2007, 02:30 PM
R.i.p

Flea
06-27-2007, 02:43 PM
Liz claiborne slacks are :tu

Shelly
06-27-2007, 02:50 PM
I remember a friend and I got into an argument about Liz. She had said that many moons ago that Liz was on Oprah and that Liz said she donated money to the Church of Satan. After commercial break, she said that Oprah came out in a black robe and asked Liz to leave. She SWEARS she saw this show.

I pointed out to her that it is documented that LC was NEVER on Oprah's show and if this was true why would Oprah have LC advertisements in her magazine (which my friend subscribes to)? When I told her this, she said, "well then it was a representative of LC". I just left it at that as it wasn't worth arguing about.

I think it all branched off from the Tommy Hilfiger incident, which wasn't true either. Oprah had him on her show to debunk this past year.

sa_butta
06-27-2007, 03:26 PM
I remember a friend and I got into an argument about Liz. She had said that many moons ago that Liz was on Oprah and that Liz said she donated money to the Church of Satan. After commercial break, she said that Oprah came out in a black robe and asked Liz to leave. She SWEARS she saw this show.

I pointed out to her that it is documented that LC was NEVER on Oprah's show and if this was true why would Oprah have LC advertisements in her magazine (which my friend subscribes to)? When I told her this, she said, "well then it was a representative of LC". I just left it at that as it wasn't worth arguing about.

I think it all branched off from the Tommy Hilfiger incident, which wasn't true either. Oprah had him on her show to debunk this past year.
http://www.snopes.com/racial/business/claiborne.asp

http://www.snopes.com/racial/business/hilfiger.asp

Mr. Peabody
06-27-2007, 04:39 PM

You figure with all of these companies donating their profits to the Church of Satan (ala Proctor & Gamble, Claiborne, etc.), the church would have a much larger presence in the world (other than frequent appearances in urban legends).

Shelly
06-27-2007, 04:42 PM
You figure with all of these companies donating their profits to the Church of Satan (ala Proctor & Gamble, Claiborne, etc.), the church would have a much larger presence in the world (other than frequent appearances in urban legends).

Exactly.