PDA

View Full Version : Celtics Expect To Keep #5 Pick; Pierce Hasn't Asked For Trade

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-27-2007, 05:44 PM
Ainge says C's unlikely to deal pick, Pierce not demanding trade
Associated Press

Updated: June 27, 2007, 3:26 PM ET

WALTHAM, Mass. -- The Boston Celtics expect to keep the fifth pick in the NBA draft despite speculation about trades for veterans Kevin Garnett and Shawn Marion, the man who will make the choice said Wednesday.

"I think it's unlikely," the pick will be traded, Danny Ainge said. "I've felt that way from the beginning, that these trades are hard to come by."

Ainge, the executive director of basketball operations, scoffed at reports of possible deals and refused to comment on any of them. What appears certain is that he knows who he'll take Thursday night depending on who's available. And he said he's convinced that player can make a major impact as a rookie.

On Tuesday, he and coach Doc Rivers were in Phoenix watching a workout involving Corey Brewer and Joakim Noah of Florida and Jeff Green of Georgetown. At least two of the three are expected to be available with the fifth pick.

"You hope to see somebody really jump off the charts and make my job a lot easier, but that hasn't been the case. They all played well," Ainge said.

He appeared unconcerned with reports that veteran Paul Pierce might ask to be traded if the Celtics don't obtain a veteran who can help sooner than a rookie. He said Pierce has not demanded a trade and that the two spoke Tuesday.

"It was a great conversation and Paul was very enthusiastic," Ainge said.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/draft2007/news/story?id=2918509

dbreiden83080
06-27-2007, 05:46 PM
So if this is true that means it is Atlanta getting Amare and Min getting their picks for KG going to the Suns or nothing at all.

Leetonidas
06-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Minnesota is getting royally assfucked if this is true...seriously, they should just go with the trade to LA for Odom and Bynum.

dbreiden83080
06-27-2007, 05:53 PM
Minnesota is getting royally assfucked if this is true...seriously, they should just go with the trade to LA for Odom and Bynum.

If this goes down with the Hawks then the Wolves would get the 3 and 11 pick that is really good compensation for KG. This is looking less and less likely though. I just don't think the Suns are going to be willing to let Amare go for KG.