PDA

View Full Version : if they don't trade amare

td4mvp3
06-27-2007, 08:45 PM
how bad does that mess up their chemistry?

Chris Childs
06-27-2007, 08:56 PM
IMO, It's not going to mess up their chemistry at all I mean the way D Antoni system operates I don't think it will have any kind of effect if Amare stays or leaves.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-27-2007, 09:17 PM
how bad does that mess up their chemistry?

Same as last year.

JMarkJohns
06-27-2007, 10:30 PM
The Suns never offered Amare to Atlanta, nor Minnesota according to the Suns execs. They said they never even brought it up, let alone spent time building the lame-brained scenerios.

Amare should have zero issues with the Suns. Marion, on the other hand, has been asked twice to go to Boston. The final time probably begged. I can't see that working out in the Suns favor.

Kermit
06-27-2007, 10:37 PM
The Suns never offered Amare to Atlanta, nor Minnesota according to the Suns execs. They said they never even brought it up, let alone spent time building the lame-brained scenerios.

sure they didn't.

JMarkJohns
06-27-2007, 10:58 PM
sure they didn't.

You can believe that, but think about it. The Suns have been up front to a fault about their involvement this offseason.

They've openly shopped Marion and Diaw, openly discussed trading Thomas, openly discussed several scenerios which they moved up in the draft, and yet, here, when they say they never discussed, it's met with doubt?

Maybe, but for a frontoffice that's been so open, I believe them. Plus, I know better :)

They did offer Amare, but it was three weeks ago and not to any of the teams mentioned this past week. They were turned down, and from there, accordint to everything I've heard and read, haven't entertained any thoughts of trading Amare since.

ducks
06-27-2007, 11:03 PM
would sun fan trade amare for kobe

JMarkJohns
06-27-2007, 11:06 PM

Would I? Only if they could in turn trade Marion/Diaw/Picks for Garnett.

Would the Suns? Well, who do you think they offered Amare for several weeks ago? :)

I have it on good authority that they offered Amare/Bell/Diaw/2008 Atl 1st for Kobe/Farmar. Lakers said no. Suns went on with their lives.

It wasn't the package, it was the destination.

BillsCarnage
06-27-2007, 11:22 PM

Hey, I thought a package w/ Marion for Kobe and a package w/ Amare for KG could be done. Unfortunately, the Lakers n Suns are in the same division.

It would have to be a Hershal Walker type trade where the Suns gave the Lakers their first round picks for the next 5yrs+.

And that won't happen.

ducks
06-27-2007, 11:28 PM
lakers may call suns later
amare could still be gone

JMarkJohns
06-27-2007, 11:46 PM
No. Lakers said they won't trade Kobe to Phoenix. Not for any real package. I figure they'd change their tune if Phoenix offered Nash/Amare, but that's not happening.

TDMVPDPOY
06-28-2007, 02:08 AM
Trading amare makes more sense then than trade marion

05/06 without amare, the suns did pretty well in the regular season and playoffs...

that 3way deal with the haws and wolves, makes sense, but hawks need a real PG who i think conley fits them perfect at pick #3 or #11 if his still there....but wolves want all 2 picks, thats just fuckn greedy on their part

MadDog73
06-28-2007, 08:55 AM
Is Amare really that great?

Without Steve Nash, where are the Suns?

That's what the FO has to realize, they are losing their MVP in a few years. Either win now or rebuild. The Status Quo ain't gonna cut it.