PDA

View Full Version : Teixeira headed to Dodgers?

dallaskd
06-27-2007, 09:05 PM
Watching the news and said the Dodgers are in serious negotaitions, but were unsure how serious Texas was. The proposed deal by foxsports.com:

Dodgers get:

Mark Teixeira
Eric Gagne or Akinori Otsuka

Rangers get:

1B James Loney
LHP Clayton Kershaw
SP Chad Billingsley

Bear Grylls
06-27-2007, 09:55 PM
Watching the news and said the Dodgers are in serious negotaitions, but were unsure how serious Texas was. The proposed deal by foxsports.com:

Dodgers get:

Mark Teixeira

Rangers get:

1B James Loney
LHP Clayton Kershaw
SP Chad Billingsley

If thats the package, I say

DO THAT SHIT RIGHT NOW !!!!!

Bear Grylls
06-27-2007, 09:57 PM
And Kershaw is a hometown boy

Melmart1
06-27-2007, 10:36 PM
That package would fucking rawk! Problem is, Loney is hitting pretty well and Dodgers may not give him up. But I hope they do, it would be great to start all over with a new 1B whose rights we own for awhile. Let him grow with the team into a masher, and then (hopefully) want to stay as the team starts contending, unlike Teixeira who I think would have been gone either way.

Bear Grylls
06-27-2007, 11:35 PM
That package would fucking rawk! Problem is, Loney is hitting pretty well and Dodgers may not give him up. But I hope they do, it would be great to start all over with a new 1B whose rights we own for awhile. Let him grow with the team into a masher, and then (hopefully) want to stay as the team starts contending, unlike Teixeira who I think would have been gone either way.

Yeah, I like James Loney alot, but getting Kershaw and Billingsley would make me forget about all the stupid shit JD has done up to this point.

Kershaw from what I remember tore up the Gulf Coast last year and had a sub 2 era. Now this year he is lighting up the MWL, he is 7-2 with a 1.72 ERA 68.0 IP and has 91 K's

And Billingsley can come right in and get put in our rotation. He just got put into the rotation 2 starts ago and his last outing was not that great. But last year he started 16 games, went 7-4 with a 3.80 ERA

Hell, I would do a Loney & Kershaw deal, I would even do a Kershaw & Billingsley deal. Just get it done JD, you fucking piece of shit.

JMarkJohns
06-27-2007, 11:47 PM
Yeah, right now, Loney isn't being traded.

monosylab1k
06-28-2007, 12:32 AM

Dodgers get:

Mark Teixeira

Rangers get:

1B James Loney
LHP Clayton Kershaw
SP Chad Billingsley

Make it Gagne leaving and not Otsuka and that is a GREAT deal for the Rangers.

Horry For 3!
06-28-2007, 01:43 AM
Kershaw is sick. I drafted him as my minor leaguer in my keeper league.

BeerIsGood!
06-28-2007, 02:58 PM
I'd do that one in a heartbeat, especially if it's with Gagne and not Otsuka.

But even with Otsuka it's pretty much a no-brainer. Tex appears to be clubhouse poison and getting two strong pitchers plus a good 1B would be great.

dallaskd
07-17-2007, 01:58 PM
Rumor in the DMN says the Dodgers want Jamie Wright.

dallaskd
07-17-2007, 02:04 PM
Is Kershaw a starter?

monosylab1k
07-17-2007, 02:05 PM
oh man if this is true then Texas needs to DO THIS NOW before Wright starts to suck again.

Melmart1
07-17-2007, 02:17 PM
oh man if this is true then Texas needs to DO THIS NOW before Wright starts to suck again.
No shit! He did a great job last night, but it WAS against the A's, who are not exactly a big bat lineup. If they want Wright for even a slightly marginal prospect, you do the trade.

T Park
07-17-2007, 02:26 PM
:lol

Yeah champion this trade...

Trading an automatic closer like Gagne and Teixeira for as Colin Cowherd would say "Hooooot minor league prospects"

monosylab1k
07-17-2007, 02:30 PM

Trading an automatic closer like Gagne and Teixeira for as Colin Cowherd would say "Hooooot minor league prospects"
Otsuka can still close. I'm really confident that Benoit can set up. And Tex won't re-sign with the Rangers, so it's either trade him now for "hooooooooooot" prospects or lose him for nothing.

monosylab1k
07-17-2007, 02:31 PM
What is the total scope of the trade with Wright involved?

monosylab1k
07-17-2007, 02:33 PM
No shit! He did a great job last night, but it WAS against the A's, who are not exactly a big bat lineup. If they want Wright for even a slightly marginal prospect, you do the trade.
yeah, if Wright was younger and had a more consistent history, i'd think about keeping him around, but he has a long history of 8-14, 5.60 ERA seasons and he's 32 years old. If the Dodgers want him included in this deal then it's a no brainer imo

BeerIsGood!
07-17-2007, 03:28 PM
Gagne has expressed a willingness to stay in Texas, and if they could keep him and send out Tex and Wright that would be outstanding.

Flight3107
07-17-2007, 03:39 PM

Yeah, Gagne only signed a 1 year deal and is going to be looking for big money after this year, Hicks wants none of that. Tex has turned into a douche and has basically said he is gone after this contract is up, no way in hell Hicks dishes out $18 Mil a season for him.

Get rid of them for "Hooooot monor league prospects" and hope you hit big with one of them, OR let them walk and get nothing except two compensory draft picks for Gagne.

dallaskd
07-17-2007, 03:42 PM
Articles:

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6938410

O's unlikely to land Rangers Teixeira?
There doesn't figure to be a lot of suspense at the baseball trading deadline, since the likelihood of any major deal diminished when Tejada fractured his wrist in June. There will be some wishful speculation about Texas Rangers star Mark Teixeira, but the only player valuable enough to bring him to Baltimore in a trade is pitching ace Erik Bedard. Not going to happen. -- Baltimore Sun

Yanks not planning on Teixeira trade?
Andy Phillips's production at the bottom of the order tempers the Yankees' need for a midlevel first baseman like Shea Hillenbrand. They have no plans to trade any of their top pitching prospects for an elite first baseman like the Texas Rangers' Mark Teixeira, meaning Phillips could keep his job. "It certainly crosses your mind," Phillips said. "Anytime you're up here, that's your hope. You're trying to accomplish something and solidify what you're trying to do. But it's not what consumes you every day, because then you start adding pressure." -- NY Times

djohn14
07-17-2007, 03:58 PM
Gagne going back to LA? That would be cool. Loney is gonna be a gold glove 1B with a good bat. He will be a great player.

DarkReign
07-17-2007, 04:32 PM
Oh man, I hope the Tigers sign Tex in the offseason.

The lineup would be sick! Sick I tell you!

Melmart1
07-17-2007, 05:31 PM
Oh man, I hope the Tigers sign Tex in the offseason.

The lineup would be sick! Sick I tell you!
The Tigers can't sign Tex in the offseason because he is not a free agent.

DOMINATOR
07-17-2007, 07:31 PM
tigers can sign gagne though... which is where they need more help

hope this happens for the rangers even though im an astros fan

DarkReign
07-17-2007, 08:54 PM
The Tigers can't sign Tex in the offseason because he is not a free agent.

Oh...color me embarassed.

Melmart1
07-17-2007, 09:10 PM
It's OK.. he is a free agent after 2008 though, in a year and a half.

O-Factor
07-17-2007, 09:24 PM
Do that shit!

T Park
07-18-2007, 04:28 AM
The Rangers better be getting back pitching.

God knows they friggen need pitching.

Flight3107
07-18-2007, 01:09 PM
http://www.frontiernet.net/~joe14580/captain%20obvious.jpg

Melmart1
07-18-2007, 02:23 PM
I read this today about Gagne. This, IMHO, goes well beyond the usual blather about wanting to stay that most spew. It seems geniune and like he really does want to be in Texas:

"I've been part of really good bullpens, I've been part of very average bullpens, and that's the best bullpen I've ever been in," Gagné said. "I know what I'm talking about when I talk about good bullpens, and it's something special that you don't see every day."

"I've said a million times I like it here and I want to stay here, but some things are out of my control," Gagné said.

dallaskd
07-19-2007, 10:13 PM
Looks like we cant trade Aki now...

dallaskd
07-21-2007, 03:54 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/rumors/teams/Texas+Rangers/mlb.t.13