PDA

View Full Version : james white getting pt....

coachmac87
06-28-2007, 12:51 AM
while i see it hard for mr white to get any pt at a wing position...the spurs can possibly use him bringing the ball up the court..aka point guard...he is a very quick player and he did play alot of pg at cinn....just an idea for him to get on the floor...he has long arms to disrupt other pgs and like i said is very very quick and actually is a very good passer...its an experiment..i really dont see him getting much pt with manu,barry,finley and bowen...doesnt mean he has to be our back up pg but its easy way for him to get on the court and get some experience

koopa
06-28-2007, 01:05 AM
barry won't be back, and if he is he won't be with us after February, brent sucks complete ass...... so i think there might be some playing time there, but first he has to make the team, i don't think his contract is guaranteed

ChumpDumper
06-28-2007, 02:46 AM
He sucked at the point in Austin.

T Park
06-28-2007, 02:50 AM
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Borosai
06-28-2007, 02:58 AM
If Oberto doesn't re-sign with the Spurs, I heard (yeah, I have the inside scoop) that White is going to get some time at center. I can't wait.

SAGambler
06-28-2007, 10:08 AM
I would love to see him come off the bench with Manu and possibly Butler, depending on how he looks by November.

With Manu's crazy passing skills and James Whites athleticism, I could see some highlight shows coming off the bench.

I think this is the year they are going to have to give White and Butler some serious PT during the RS if they plan on keeping them.

Now if we could just get our hands on a super backup PG, the bench should be set, and I really don't see a whole lot of downside when the starters are getting their rest periods.

AFBlue
06-28-2007, 10:25 AM
With Finley re-signing, I seriously doubt White gets significant PT.

But, if he tears up the summer league and convinces the Spurs staff that he's ready to contribute...I could see a scenario where Barry leaves town and White gets PT, though it may not happen until after the trade deadline in Feb 08.