PDA

View Full Version : Shaq, Mr. Noble for doing the weight loss challenge on ABC?

CubanMustGo
06-28-2007, 02:49 PM
NOT. Check this out:

https://www.shaqsfamilychallenge.com//publicsite/funnel/register.aspx

https://images.agoramedia.com/Shaq/cms/funnel/sq_img_variable_start4five.gif

The fine print?

*Shaq's Family Challenge is just $5 a week, billed quarterly (every 13 weeks). Your credit card will be automatically charged $65 at the time of registration and every 13 weeks thereafter. You may cancel at any time and receive a refund for the unused portion of your subscription, other than the minimum 5-week charge of $25, which is nonrefundable.

Good ol' Shaq - using ABC to make even more money. Should have known he wouldn't do something like this unless there was something in it for him!

MadDog73
06-28-2007, 02:52 PM
Do they get anything for their five bucks a week ($25 non-refundable)?

CubanMustGo
06-28-2007, 02:53 PM
They'll apparently get access to a web site and some sort of programatically generated "customized" information.

MadDog73
06-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Hmm, 200 recipes and some support.

I don't how much that stuff costs, but $25 seems steep. If Shaq really cared, he'd do it for free...

like Bruce Bowen and HE-Buddy!

duncan228
06-28-2007, 02:59 PM
I can't stand him.

I thought higher of him in his early years, especially when he finished school and got his degree while in the league. That seemed like role model territory.

Since then it simply keeps going downhill. I saw the ads for this show and I had hopes that his quotes were from the heart. That he really wanted to help kids in this country get a handle on a serious problem.

I should have known there was a bottom line.

A guy with that much money has a nerve letting his name be on an obvious money making scheme. It's much worse than his harmless "Icy Hot" ads. Taking advantage of parents with overweight kids is terrible.

Did he get paid to "act" in the show too?

CubanMustGo
06-28-2007, 03:03 PM
Poor Shaquie only has three more years at $20 mill, a man's gotta think about his future. :hungry:

MadDog73
06-28-2007, 03:05 PM
Poor Shaquie only has three more years at $20 mill, a man's gotta think about his future. :hungry:

"He's got a family to make fat!"

Switchman
06-28-2007, 09:10 PM
The man has got to feed his kids.

E20
06-28-2007, 09:15 PM
Nobody needs no fucking diet/workout program. Just skip some meals and jog a mile or whatever.

MadDog73
06-29-2007, 09:46 AM
Nobody needs no fucking diet/workout program. Just skip some meals and jog a mile or whatever.

Actually, skipping meals is the worse thing you can do.

Your body goes into starvation mode, and saves everything it can into fat. You have no energy, and lose muscle.

The best way to lose weight is to:

1. Eat small, healthy portions.
2. Excercise.

It's not rocket science, it's just hard work, and thus people (like me, who craves hamburgers everyday! :lol) join programs so they feel guilted into doing the work necessary.

Spurminator
06-29-2007, 11:07 AM
I hate to defend Shaq on anything, but I think you guys are giving Shaq way too much credit by suggesting this is all his baby. ABC, etc. had this whole package figured out before Shaq even signed on. He's just a face and a name.

He has as much to do with ShaqsFamilyChallenge.com as Jessica Simpson with Cheesy Bites Pizza.

AnkleBreaker21
06-29-2007, 03:38 PM
what the hell is wrong with yall, who does anything for free, nobody. and i dont wanna hear about bruce's shit:lol

King
06-29-2007, 03:40 PM
You guys don't think the Spurs get paid fees for their commercials and appearances?

E20
06-29-2007, 05:35 PM
Actually, skipping meals is the worse thing you can do.

Your body goes into starvation mode, and saves everything it can into fat. You have no energy, and lose muscle.

The best way to lose weight is to:

1. Eat small, healthy portions.
2. Excercise.

It's not rocket science, it's just hard work, and thus people (like me, who craves hamburgers everyday! :lol) join programs so they feel guilted into doing the work necessary.
Well, I lost weight doing that. Different strokes for different folks I guess. You would lose weight then, because if you lose muscle you should weigh less, because muscle weighs more than fat, so techinally you are losing weight.