PDA

View Full Version : Zeitgeist

DarkReign
06-28-2007, 05:33 PM
I never pretended to be smarter or more knowledgeable than anyone in this forum.

Almost certainly, it has reminded me countless times that I am in fact not the smartest person in the world.

I live a pretty small existence. Isolated and reserved, really. I have become so disgusted with the world, the people in it, and the notion that this is all there is. Hate, pain, war, conquest and misery.

I used to have an opinion. I always seen things as simplistic, even when I knew they werent. Better to wrap my mind, I guess.

I sometimes romanticise artists as holes in a terrible fabric of time. Looking through the remains, you cant always see in totality whats on the other side, but the knowledge that there is something is powerful enough.

The truly great ones have always captured that imagination with a vividity beyond my reason.

I think I sort of...checked out in life quite some time ago. No more dreams, no more aspirations, just a very long waiting game to the inevitable. Sure, I'll partake in the drudgery of entertainment for no other reason than I am terminally bored.

As I am sure some of you have felt similar when you were young, that you were important. Childish, I know. But do you really remember that feeling? Truly, if you look back, does it capture the same sensation?

Of course it doesnt. Nothing is as grating as time. Erodes all things, especially memory. We all come to the same conclusions at some point, that we are just one of many in a long line of people before and after.

I submit to you what I think to be a wonderful documentary that I am sure most of you politicos have already seen, dismembered and polarized into dust ad nauseum through out your various blogs and forums.

But if you could try to capture that childish sensation in only its smallest known capacity, you may just feel the exuberance of purpose once again.

How trite that I should find a sort of enlightenment from a silly-ass movie, but, I have in a sense. I would think the artist probably aimed much higher with his "conversion" list in total capacity, but I am one who will do.

Take it for what it is worth, this forum is so ridden with vitriol and hate from all sides 90% of the time that my little venture with conscience will probably go unnoticed anyway.

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

Its long, but its awesome. I once read a fanciful book called the 9th Prophecy or some such. The book was predicated on coincidences. It wasnt meant for reality, this I am sure, but of the 100s of books I have read, it is one of the few that I can recall almost entirely and I havent read it in 12+ years. Basically, that there is no such thing as coincidence. If all things are linked, than all things happen for a purpose. If Earth was formed from the collision of multiple spacial bodies at complete random, but the end product is life on Earth, were the events truly random to begin with?
Its a rhetorical. There is no right answer. Your answer pertains to your belief, which is (obviously) much different form person to person.

The line of coincidences in the above film are either a) total coincidence or b) reasonably contrived.

If they are contrived, then....what? Nothing. Absolutely nothing. My whip and my Master.

Marcus Bryant
06-28-2007, 05:35 PM
Should I drink before I view?

E20
06-28-2007, 05:38 PM
I've watched the first 7 minutes and I've seen some pictures of places getting blowed up and a sperm turn into a shark. It seems okay.

I keep on seeing the Star of David for some reason when the guy is talking about religon, in the flames. LMAO

Cant_Be_Faded
06-28-2007, 05:43 PM
Hegamboa will not be pleased.

E20
06-28-2007, 05:45 PM
I've heard that Jesus's real date of birth isn't Dec. 25.

clambake
06-28-2007, 05:52 PM
That's long. I'll check it out,DR. That quote from Gerald Massey is dead on.

E20
06-28-2007, 06:01 PM
It's F-911/Loose Change/Control Room and a bunch of other documentries, condensed and packed into 2 hours. Nothing I haven't seen before.

Except the religon part, the first 30 or so minutes, was new and interesting. I've never seen someone put it like that before.

xrayzebra
06-29-2007, 08:33 AM
Get out and join a baseball team or club or something. You
are short circuiting your brain. You can always cut the grass,
grow some flowers and enjoy the real things in life.

Oh, Gee!!
06-29-2007, 08:37 AM
Hey, DR. What's up with the avatar? Is that dude, like, a wrestler or something?

DarkReign
06-29-2007, 08:58 AM

I said I was reserved, not dysfunctional.

I got the best damn lawn this side of the Mason-Dixon.

DarkReign
06-29-2007, 08:59 AM
Hey, DR. What's up with the avatar? Is that dude, like, a wrestler or something?

Maynard James Keenan - lead singer of Tool.

Yeah, Ive been thinking about changing it for awhile now.

Oh, Gee!!
06-29-2007, 12:54 PM

tool is teh roxorz

Mr. Peabody
06-29-2007, 01:10 PM

Oh, cool. I always thought it was Sting (the wrestler, not the musician). I am not a fan of wrestling, but I know that Sting paints his face white and black.

DarkReign
06-29-2007, 01:16 PM
Oh, cool. I always thought it was Sting (the wrestler, not the musician). I am not a fan of wrestling, but I know that Sting paints his face white and black.

Im no fan either. Something about 2 granite-cut men working themselves into a sweat all in the name of being able to grab and toss each other around a ring under complete soap-opera falsehood doesnt exactly appeal to me.

Phil Hellmuth
06-29-2007, 01:21 PM

What is real? How do you define real? If you're talking about what you can feel, what you can smell, what you can taste and see, then real is simply electrical signals interpreted by your brain.

- morpheus from the matrix (which is spot on)

xrayzebra
06-29-2007, 02:52 PM
^^obviously, you aren't, real!

smeagol
06-29-2007, 03:05 PM
Life is not that bad.

I have a wife, three kids, and I'm thankfull to be alive.

I don't do as much charity work as I should. I belive I'm missing on a lot of things by not helping others.

And I believe in God, the Christian version of God, which is not very popular in these parts of ST.

E20
06-29-2007, 03:10 PM
Life is not that bad.

I have a wife, three kids, and I'm thankfull to be alive.

I don't do as much charity work as I should. I belive I'm missing on a lot of things by not helping others.

And I believe in God, the Christian version of God, which is not very popular in these parts of ST.
LMAO The right bashes on Islam and the left bashes on Christianity.

Ronaldo McDonald
06-29-2007, 03:15 PM
I live a pretty small existence. Isolated and reserved, really. I have become so disgusted with the world, the people in it, and the notion that this is all there is. Hate, pain, war, conquest and misery.

It's a good thing you're isolated from the world. With your addition it might become even more disgusting.

Mr. Peabody
06-29-2007, 03:16 PM
LMAO The right bashes on Islam and the left bashes on Christianity.

I think the left bashes on Christians to a much greater degree than Christianity. I actually like Christianity, it's the Christians that I can't stand.

BradLohaus
06-30-2007, 03:05 AM
First off, zeitgeist is one of my all time favorite words. Secondly, Dark Reign, you seem to be intelligent and interested in economic topics. I can promise you, and anybody, if you read and study economic history, especially monetary history and theory, you will not be disappointed. Trust me, almost everyone has no idea how important the following 2 questions are: 1.) what is money? 2.) who creates and issues the money? The answers to these 2 questions affect everything, and I mean everything. I had a bachelor's degree in economics from a good university, with many courses involving money and banking and finance, yet I had no idea how things really work until I started studying the subject on my own and with friends. But don't take my word for it:

"Money is the most important subject intellectual persons can investigate and reflect upon. It is so important that our present civilization may collapse unless it is widely understood and its defects remedied very soon."
- Robert H. Hemphill, former credit manager, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies. Already they have raised up a monied aristocracy that has set the government at defiance. The issuing power (of money) should be taken away from the banks and restored to the people to whom it properly belongs."
- Thomas Jefferson

"It is well that the people of the nation do not understand our banking and monetary system, for if they did, I believe there would be a revolution before tomorrow morning."
- Henry Ford

More quotes here.

http://www.fdrs.org/famous_money_quotes.html

DarkReign
06-30-2007, 11:44 AM
It's a good thing you're isolated from the world. With your addition it might become even more disgusting.

I love you too, honey. :married:

DarkReign
06-30-2007, 11:45 AM
Brad, whats your take on the Federal Reserve?

It seems you may fall into the same skepticism that the director has. Or the same remorse Woodrow Wilson had upon empowering the so-called Conspirators.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-30-2007, 11:58 AM
I got the best damn lawn this side of the Mason-Dixon.

Bullshit. My lawn is perfectly yellow.

You can't beat that.

PixelPusher
06-30-2007, 03:56 PM
First off, zeitgeist is one of my all time favorite words. Secondly, Dark Reign, you seem to be intelligent and interested in economic topics. I can promise you, and anybody, if you read and study economic history, especially monetary history and theory, you will not be disappointed. Trust me, almost everyone has no idea how important the following 2 questions are: 1.) what is money? 2.) who creates and issues the money? The answers to these 2 questions affect everything, and I mean everything. I had a bachelor's degree in economics from a good university, with many courses involving money and banking and finance, yet I had no idea how things really work until I started studying the subject on my own and with friends. But don't take my word for it:

What get's me about money isn't so much the currency aspect of it, but the "future worth" assigned to it (interest).

BradLohaus
07-01-2007, 03:02 AM
Brad, whats your take on the Federal Reserve?

It seems you may fall into the same skepticism that the director has. Or the same remorse Woodrow Wilson had upon empowering the so-called Conspirators.

From everything I've read, Wilson's famous confession is unverifiable. Maybe he said it, maybe he didn't, but no one that I've come across has been able to produce written proof or sufficient witness testimony to 100% confirm it. If you you look at the discussion page on Wilson at wikipedia, they won't allow that quote for those reasons. That's probably why it wasn't in that list of quotes I posted. Nevertheless, the accuracy of the statement is true, whether or not Wilson himself ever said it.

I've wanted to start a comprehensive Fed thread for awhile, but I guess I never got around to it. I guess I might as well start one soon. But my take on the Fed goes way beyond skepticism. The Federal Reserve is a privately owned co-op of banks that is allowed to issue our money with no backing. That is no conspiracy theory; you can find that info in any money and banking textbook. Almost everyone thinks that the government issues our money; they don't. The dollar is a bank note issued by a group of private banks collectively known as the Federal Reserve - more info that is in any textbook on the subject.

People think that banks make all their money by charging interest on loans. They do not. Banks make money by, literally, making money. They do then charge interest on that money, but the bulk of their profits come from having the legal right to create credit, or money.

Imagine if you and a group of friends owned a printing press and the government told you that you can issue the money of your city. You then print money and and loan all of it out at interest. Pretty good business you have there. That is central banking. Then, the goverment allows you to loan out 10 times the amount of actual paper money that you posses in the form of credit that only exists in a database. If you posses $1 million dollars in paper money, you can loan out $10 million dollars worth of credit. That is fractional reserve banking.

That is how the banking system works, except it operates on a much, much larger level across the whole country and beyond. If you put these facts in front of someone who supports this system, they will tell you that, yes, the owners of the system gain from all of that, but so does everyone else because it is the best way to run the economy. Economic theory tells me that if someone is telling you that everyone is getting something for nothing, they are either lying or they are ignorant. Everything has a price; the question is who is paying it. That's my short take on the Federal Reserve.

What get's me about money isn't so much the currency aspect of it, but the "future worth" assigned to it (interest).

As long as the Fed runs things, the value will be decreasing. Perpetual inflation is essential to keeping the system going.

DarkReign
07-01-2007, 05:40 PM
...thats my take on the Federal Reserve.

And a nice take it was. Simple yet explanatory.

DarkReign
11-20-2009, 10:37 AM
1gKX9TWRyfs&feature=related

Zeitgeist: Addendum

Much more focused on money, corruption and dreams of Utopia.

Once again, this film has ruined my month.

Heath Ledger
11-20-2009, 07:42 PM
I just watched a few night ago, all I can say is wow, but what the fuck can I as an individual do without being pegged as a quack? I'll just sit here and take it like everyone else I guess.

This movie has got me thinking some very violent thoughts that Im not quite sure who to direct them towards.

rjv
11-20-2009, 09:15 PM
did jean paul sarte write this thread ? or actually, i feel like i am reading something from samuel beckett.

symple19
11-22-2009, 06:13 AM
It should be noted that Peter Joseph has backed off of his stuff about 9/11 which is in addendum.

Fresco is an amazing guy, the common sense just oozes out of his pores. If you want to see more (couple good presentations/lectures with both Peter and Fresco) go here... http://www.thezeitgeistmovement.com/joomla/index.php?Itemid=50#

The thing for me with this stuff has always been the implementation of this "resource based economy". The world is going to have to melt down before any of this stuff could ever take place. The monied interests which control the world (and it's militaries) will never let this happen. Their end-game just isn't possible within the next few generations, IMO

EVAY
11-22-2009, 11:41 AM
The thing about all the monetary policy and currency stuff is this: it is, and has for a very long time, been a socially constructed reality.

That is, the entire monetary structure of the planet has been predicated on all of us agreeing (or being too ignorant or powerless for our disagreement or rejection of it to make a difference) that these pieces of paper stand for what we say they stand for. As long as all the currently powerful nations of the world buy into the reality, the rules are predictable and enforceable. And we all live or die by those rules.

But now there is China. And God help us all.