PDA

View Full Version : Danny Ainge trying out-do Isiah for most retarded GM

50 cent
06-28-2007, 06:55 PM
WTF?

Allen for the #5 pick?

itzsoweezee
06-28-2007, 06:56 PM
you honestly think anyone available at #5 is going to be better than ray allen?

Tippecanoe
06-28-2007, 06:58 PM
Fuck You Danny Ainge :flipoff

:pctoss

itzsoweezee
06-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Fuck You Danny Ainge :flipoff

:pctoss

yeah, trading for a perennial all star is so stupid! what an idiot! should've taken yi jianlian, that would have made so much more sense.

Tippecanoe
06-28-2007, 07:04 PM
yeah, trading for a perennial all star is so stupid! what an idiot! should've taken yi jianlian, that would have made so much more sense.

you realize what ray allen plus paul pierce means??

lots of ballhoggin and absolutely no defense

confined
06-28-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't see the problem in this deal

Vinnie_Johnson
06-28-2007, 07:21 PM
Feel bad for Boston they went from a top three pick to an overpaid broken down Ray Allen.

td4mvp21
06-28-2007, 07:23 PM
Uh, if this deal goes down, Boston is a playoff contender in the East. Allen, Pierce, and Jefferson as a core, along with Delonte West? That's not too bad at all. If they get really good chemistry, I can see them winning close to 50 games.

Tippecanoe
06-28-2007, 07:26 PM
Uh, if this deal goes down, Boston is a playoff contender in the East. Allen, Pierce, and Jefferson as a core, along with Delonte West? That's not too bad at all. If they get really good chemistry, I can see them winning close to 50 games.

first of all, delonte west is gone. second of all, its not bad short term, but 2 years later, they will be a mess

ManuTastic
06-28-2007, 08:21 PM
It is pretty strange: Pierce and Allen are exactly the same player (except Pierce is dangerous inside too). Still, you can't double off anyone any more, and in the East, even with no defense, that might be enough to get it done. For a while.

Supergirl
06-28-2007, 10:51 PM
It's a good deal for the C's actually. Pierce needs help offensively NOW to get the C's back IN the playoffs. Who knows what happens in 2-3 years. But this gives the C's some instant offense, and they have a rising star in Al Jefferson to help cover the paint. If Kendrick Perkins can get back to his form 2 years ago, they have a decent front court.

The loss of Delonte West is actually the only thing that troubles me about this deal.

The #5 pick was the one thing the C's DID NOT NEED this year. The C's need more youth on this team like they need a hole in the head. Short of one of the top three players who went this year (Oden, Durant, Horford) NO ONE would have been viable enough in Pierce's career-span to make a difference.

Tippecanoe
06-28-2007, 11:14 PM
i think i mighta overreacted earlier. maybe this trade wasnt so bad after all. celts still need a decent PG though.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-29-2007, 12:21 AM
Agreed Supergirl, nice breakdown. :)

you realize what ray allen plus paul pierce means??

lots of ballhoggin and absolutely no defense

1. Boston's D was shit anyway.

2. Pierce can slash, Allen can shoot, both can work off an emerging Jefferson.

3. If it doesn't work out, plenty of teams will take Allen or Pierce.

4. Looks like a good trade for a franchise going nowhere to me.

The real idiot this draft day was ISAIAH THOMAS. He traded his outside shooting big for another low-post big... HUH? Has he forgotten that he already has Eddy Curry??? WTF???

The only thing that makes sense is that he grabbed Randolph so that he can trade one of his low posts to Chicago to get them back for raping him on the original Curry trade...

Spurminator
06-29-2007, 11:18 AM
:lmao :lmao

Ray Allen and Allan Ray now play for the same team.

td4mvp21
06-29-2007, 11:28 AM
first of all, delonte west is gone. second of all, its not bad short term, but 2 years later, they will be a mess

Well, the loss of West isn't too great, but Pierce, Allen, and Jefferson make a good core. They just need to get the right role players and they'll be a pretty good team. Jefferson is ready to contribute now, as is Allen. This team will be in the playoffs. Be happy.

Supergirl
06-29-2007, 11:41 AM
Feel bad for Boston they went from a top three pick to an overpaid broken down Ray Allen.

Top FIVE pick. Boston had the #5 pick, and there was a huge difference between the top3 guys and everyone else. Only Oden, Durant, and Horford have the potential to be franchise-changing players (which is not to say they all WILL be) and short of getting a guy like that, Boston doesn't need ANYTHING they could get from the draft. They have more than enough youth on their roster.

Fillmoe
06-29-2007, 11:49 AM
:lmao :lmao

Ray Allen and Allan Ray now play for the same team.

i was thinking that last night.... :lol :lol

its gonna be confusing as shit....

everytime someone mentions allan ray all i think of is dude getting his eye damn near popped out

Testing
06-30-2007, 10:19 PM
you honestly think anyone available at #5 is going to be better than ray allen?

Yes. Ray Allen is 31 years old and coming off of TWO ankle surgery's. You already have a shooter who hogs the ball in Paul Pierce. You need better interior help, a PG, and while the Celtics do need another veteran on their team...they didn't need to acquire one through the #5 pick....this was a deep draft, there were plenty of picks available who could impact teams immediately.

Supergirl
07-01-2007, 01:36 PM
Yes. Ray Allen is 31 years old and coming off of TWO ankle surgery's. You already have a shooter who hogs the ball in Paul Pierce. You need better interior help, a PG, and while the Celtics do need another veteran on their team...they didn't need to acquire one through the #5 pick....this was a deep draft, there were plenty of picks available who could impact teams immediately.

Outside of the top 3 picks, no one is going to bring enough immediate help to mak a difference next year. That's just the way of draft picks and going from college or overseas to the NBA - it takes a couple years for 90% of players to adjust. And the Celtics need help now - they need ANYONE else who can score points, other than Pierce. Pierce is NOT, in fact a "ball hog" - he just happens to be the only player with any reliable offense outside the paint. Al Jefferson is one of the best young 4/5 players in the game, and he'll be even better next year. If Kendrick Perkins can stay healthy, he'll be a decent enough center.

What they do still need is a good PG. Not a rookie - that's the hardest position of all the learn. They needs to pick up someone like Boykins who can help them set plays for Pierce, Allen, and Jefferson. Hell, even Udrih would be an upgrade at PG.

ajh18
07-01-2007, 02:24 PM
I think the smart part about this trade for boston was that they still have ratliff's big expiring contract to use to get one more piece. Add another solid vet, and you can't tell me that this team with jefferson/pierce/allen is any worse than the nets or wizards or cavs in the east, and the last of those three made the finals.

ajh18
07-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Also: Ray Allen is absolutely an upgrade over wally.

ShoogarBear
07-01-2007, 06:32 PM
It gives the Celtics another scorer, but not a complimentary scorer. They have to be hoping that Jefferson makes the leap to a near 20-10 guy and the Rondo is ready to be the full-time point guard.

They got Pruitt and Davis as high-upside second-round picks, and if they pan out along with Rondo, they could have a decent Eastern Conference squad in a couple of years (by which time Allen will be washed up).

That's a lot of "if"'s, though.

tlongII
07-01-2007, 07:08 PM
I think the Sonics got the best of this deal. Jeff Green is going to be a stud. Ray Allen will be out of the league in 4 years.

Supergirl
07-01-2007, 11:27 PM
I think the Sonics got the best of this deal. Jeff Green is going to be a stud. Ray Allen will be out of the league in 4 years.

In four years PIERCE may be out of the league. Fact is, Pierce is an underrated player (including underrated defender, BTW) who needs help NOW to get the C's back into the playoffs.

Al Jefferson already was pretty close to a 20-10 guy last season - he just missed half the season due to appendicitis.

I don't think Rondo is ready to be their only PG - this is the big hold they need filled still. But a starting roster of Pierce, Allen, Jefferson, Perkins, and either Rondo or someone else, with Green and Gomes coming off the bench - that should be good enough to at least make it to the second round of the playoffs in the East.