PDA

View Full Version : Where would Garnett most likely go?

E20
06-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Where?

Switchman
06-28-2007, 09:08 PM
Spurs 08.

Fillmoe
06-28-2007, 09:56 PM
spurs? LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-29-2007, 01:39 AM
My guess is everyone holds out on Minne (knowing that they HAVE to deal) and Minne settles for Bynum, Odom and pieces... it would placate Kobe and probably the fans, and the only loser is Minne, but they did it to themselves.

MrChug
06-29-2007, 01:41 AM
Where?

...to hell hopefully.

zekes
06-29-2007, 02:14 AM
I think Golden State is a dark horse with Ellis, Wright, Biedrins and picks.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-29-2007, 02:28 AM
I think Golden State is a dark horse with Ellis, Wright, Biedrins and picks.

I'm not sure if Garnett woulg sign off on that though.

zekes
06-29-2007, 02:32 AM
I'm not sure if Garnett woulg sign off on that though.

I didn't think so either. But apparently he would. It was reported by one of the NBA experts on ESPN. I can't remember if it was Stein, Bucher, or another. I know he likes and has a home in California.

Texas_Ranger
06-29-2007, 05:44 AM
Why would he go to San Antonio?

Shred
06-29-2007, 06:47 AM
Based on last night's confounding draft by the Suns, I think you can rule them out. They're only interesting in dumping salaries, not acquiring them.

Dirk41MVP
06-29-2007, 12:47 PM
He'll end up in Dallas, just watch and see.

SpursDynasty
06-29-2007, 03:07 PM
He will stay and retire in Minnesota, and probably not make the playoffs for the rest of his career.

It's a result of teams being too stubborn and not wanting to make trades, even though those teams have not made the playoffs in a while....KG is a valuable player, but not of value to Minnesota anymore.

Same with Kobe, not of value to LA, but of value to other teams that might have a roster that will click with him.

Amare and Marion and Nash will get 60+ wins every season, but no championship.

I pretty much already made this post.

So in conclusion, a great player individually is worthless if he doesn't take his team to the playoffs.

Why do you think the Spurs and Lakers are the only Western Conference teams to win a championship in the current era (Beginning at the end of the 1997-1998 season) of the NBA? That's only 2 different Western Conference franchises in 9 seasons. Because of all the stubborn teams not willing to make deals to help themselves.

The Spurs will still kick their asses anyway :lol

mardigan
06-29-2007, 03:10 PM
He will stay and retire in Minnesota, and probably not make the playoffs for the rest of his career.

It's a result of teams being too stubborn and not wanting to make trades, even though those teams have not made the playoffs in a while....KG is a valuable player, but not of value to Minnesota anymore.

Same with Kobe, not of value to LA, but of value to other teams that might have a roster that will click with him.

Amare and Marion and Nash will get 60+ wins every season, but no championship.

I pretty much already made this post.

So in conclusion, a great player individually is worthless if he doesn't take his team to the playoffs.

Why do you think the Spurs and Lakers are the only Western Conference teams to win a championship in the current era (Beginning at the end of the 1997-1998 season) of the NBA? That's only 2 different Western Conference franchises in 9 seasons. Because of all the stubborn teams not willing to make deals to help themselves.

The Spurs will still kick their asses anyway :lol
Bang up jobs on making threads no-one posts in btw

NBA Junkie
06-29-2007, 03:20 PM
He'll start the season in Minnesota, but it'll be disastrous since the trade rumors will persist and become a distraction for a team that can get no better with him anyhow.

I'm sure both parties were discussing contract extension scenarios, but either the Wolves have balked at his asking price or Garnett flat out doesn't want one.

If the latter was the case, that is probably the biggest reason why the Wolves are finally taking trade proposals seriously since both parties were comfortable with other until the last couple seasons went downhill.

He'll be gone by the February deadline, if not sooner since it's likely the Wolves will still be losing and the team will want to get something in return in the event he opts out after next season. However, anything they get for him will be greatly diminished as opposed to now if some of the trade rumors we heard in the last couple of weeks were actually true.

MrChug
07-01-2007, 02:47 PM
He'll end up in Dallas, just watch and see.

We can only pray...then we wouldn't have a chance to lose to you guys, you'd beat yourselves. Another fadeaway jump shooter who hasn't won anything on a gutted team with no nuts---Stack probably gone and JT who were your clutch performers, one probably in a trade and the others would be Harris and Howard. Yeah, Damp at center, that little spaniard at the point, and Ager at the 2...that'll do it! :lol :lol :lol

td4mvp21
07-01-2007, 05:14 PM
Bulls.

Horry For 3!
07-02-2007, 04:28 AM
I don't see him gettin out of Minny