PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Population Explosion

SA210
06-28-2007, 11:29 PM
SAN ANTONIO (AP) - Five Texas cities were among the big cities that gained the largest number of new residents last year, according to new estimates being released by the Census Bureau on Thursday.

San Antonio, the nation's seventh largest city, added roughly 33,100 people - the second highest number nationally behind Phoenix - between 2005 and 2006. Its population is now estimated at nearly 1.3 million people.

Houston, Dallas, Austin and Fort Worth were also among the cities with at least 100,000 residents to post big gains.

Fort Worth - with 30,200 extra people in 2006 - was the third biggest gainer nationally, now boasting a population of 653,300 people.

Phoenix, with the biggest number of added residents, attracted an extra 43,000 people to reach 1.5 million, enough to surpass Philadelphia and make the Southwest city the nation's fifth largest.

Many of the nation's highest growth rates are in suburbs, and three Dallas-area cities made the fastest growth rate list. McKinney ranked second, Grand Prairie was sixth and Denton was ninth.

The nation's fastest growing city was North Las Vegas, Nev.

http://www.woai.com/news/local/story.aspx?content_id=3974ac4c-ac27-495a-803d-146e28134fac

Phenomanul
06-28-2007, 11:56 PM
And yet we're a small market???

word
06-29-2007, 12:06 AM
I wouldn't call that an explosion. Riverside, California, Dallas, Houston have added 1 million people each since 2000. Dallas/Ft. Worth is now roughly 6 million people. Houston just about as big. SA is less than 2 million.

Yes, SA is a small market.

Buddy Holly
06-29-2007, 03:30 AM
Those numbers are incorrect, the actual gain for the city was 40,000 not 33,000. And those numbers you are quoting Word are metro numbers, and trying to compare Dallas and Houston to SA is asinine. Also, SA's metro population is 2 million.

SA210
06-29-2007, 02:05 PM
Those numbers are incorrect, the actual gain for the city was 40,000 not 33,000. And those numbers you are quoting Word are metro numbers, and trying to compare Dallas and Houston to SA is asinine. Also, SA's metro population is 2 million.
Yea, I was just posting the article. At this rate, where would we be in 2010? Both SA and Metro?

CubanMustGo
06-29-2007, 02:10 PM
McKinney is #2 and yet my damned house STILL is worth less than what I paid for it seven years ago. Go figure.

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2007, 03:28 PM
population state of texas > australia as a whole 21million population only.....umm we need more breeding

fatsack
06-29-2007, 03:44 PM
i hope they all take the bus.. there's not enough room now for all the cars we have...

Buddy Holly
06-29-2007, 08:51 PM
Yea, I was just posting the article. At this rate, where would we be in 2010? Both SA and Metro?

At this rate in 2010 the city population would be 1.45 million.

At the current rate the 2010 metro population would be 2.25 million.

samikeyp
06-29-2007, 09:40 PM
And yet we're a small market???

TV market-wise, yes.

SA210
06-29-2007, 10:30 PM
At this rate in 2010 the city population would be 1.45 million.

At the current rate the 2010 metro population would be 2.25 million.

So, would we be passing up Philly not long after that as #6 in America city-population wise?

Buddy Holly
06-29-2007, 10:34 PM
I'd think so, Philly is at 1.48 right now and continues to lose population year in year out so I'd say that by 2010 SA will be ahead of Philly our very very close.

SA210
06-29-2007, 10:39 PM
That'd be cool.

RashoFan
06-29-2007, 11:58 PM
i hope they all take the bus.. there's not enough room now for all the cars we have...
I think the voters should have approved a light rail system a few years back.

Nbadan
06-30-2007, 12:13 AM
higher electricity prices...higher water prices...and toll roads....Yeah!

Avitus1
06-30-2007, 03:00 AM
Wish I could live I was born there but now I'm stuck in Killeen.

StylisticS
07-01-2007, 12:19 AM
Wish I could live I was born there but now I'm stuck in Killeen.
I'm very sorry to hear that seeing as how I grew up in that shithole. I see it's slowly getting better though. But that's probably because it's growing towards Austin. I hate suburban sprawl.

DFW is now nearing 6.5 million people growing at a healthy 135,000 a year. It will hit 7 million by 2011 passing the Bay Area around that same time. Glad they are really aggressive on adding rail in Dallas.
Houston is at 5.7 million growing at around the same clip.

I really hope this doesn't happen. But what if SA and Austin merges into one metro? I really don't see it happening but it could be an Tampa-Orlando type of thing. Right now, San Antonio sits at 1.95 million and Austin at 1.5 million.

Buddy Holly
07-01-2007, 03:29 AM
But that's probably because it's growing towards Austin.

The strongest growth is in the far west and northwest sides of the city. But nice theory anyway.

I hate suburban sprawl.

And you live in Dallas, how ironic.

Shelly
07-01-2007, 08:54 AM
The strongest growth is in the far west and northwest sides of the city. But nice theory anyway.

We own a lot out in Mico off of 1283. I was just out there recently and I noticed it looked like they were getting ready to widen the 1283 some. I also heard that area could be annexed eventually.

btw, is it pronounced Meeko or Mike-o? I've heard both ways.

SA210
07-01-2007, 10:17 AM
I'm very sorry to hear that seeing as how I grew up in that shithole. I see it's slowly getting better though. But that's probably because it's growing towards Austin. I hate suburban sprawl.

DFW is now nearing 6.5 million people growing at a healthy 135,000 a year. It will hit 7 million by 2011 passing the Bay Area around that same time. Glad they are really aggressive on adding rail in Dallas.
Houston is at 5.7 million growing at around the same clip.

I really hope this doesn't happen. But what if SA and Austin merges into one metro? I really don't see it happening but it could be an Tampa-Orlando type of thing. Right now, San Antonio sits at 1.95 million and Austin at 1.5 million.
I've said it before, this will happen eventually.

johnsmith
07-01-2007, 10:57 AM
higher electricity prices...higher water prices...and toll roads....Yeah!

Yeah, if only you would have built a giant wall around the city and not let anyone in or out, then you wouldn't have this problem.

boutons_
07-01-2007, 12:29 PM
"But what if SA and Austin merges into one metro?"

Ever observe the SA-Austin traffic at any hour of the day? It's damn near bumper to bumper. Even Austin-DFW is a bitch round the clock esp after IH35 drops back to north of Austin to 2x2 lanes.

And "country living" by rich Austin/SA people, and wealthy retired, is already exploding all the way along west of 35.

It's a fucking crime that Southwest Airlines bought enouh TX politicans to kill the TGV train connecting DFW/SA/Houston. The corps always do what's best the corps, fuck the environment, fuck the people.

OldDirtMcGirt
07-01-2007, 02:17 PM
Son of a bitch! People really need to stop moving to Phoenix. This is getting way out of control, especially all the little bitches around Scottsdale who think that they're turning it into Laguna Beach. At least it's summer now, so most of the city bandwagoners will already be packing up.

mikejones99
07-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Yes, still a small market cuz they don't think most of the poor mexicans have tv's or care about what is on. Mexicans tend to be dumber and more religous thus having too many kids that is why SA grow too much. proof is they voted for bush, but now they getting smarter and will vote dem this time. Good job mexicans. Now use some bitch control please. you need to have 100k in bank before you give birth. new law will help yall

Buddy Holly
07-01-2007, 08:35 PM
Yes, still a small market cuz they don't think most of the poor mexicans have tv's or care about what is on. Mexicans tend to be dumber and more religous thus having too many kids that is why SA grow too much. proof is they voted for bush, but now they getting smarter and will vote dem this time. Good job mexicans. Now use some bitch control please. you need to have 100k in bank before you give birth. new law will help yall

From reading your elementary school level post I would summize that you are one of those dirty Mexicans, well one of the offsprings in a 7-8 litter. Right?

Good god, I love to generalize, stereotype and be as racist as possible. However, I have years to go before achieving shit like tendencies like yours.

NASpurs
07-01-2007, 08:38 PM
Yes, still a small market cuz they don't think most of the poor mexicans have tv's or care about what is on. Mexicans tend to be dumber and more religous thus having too many kids that is why SA grow too much. proof is they voted for bush, but now they getting smarter and will vote dem this time. Good job mexicans. Now use some bitch control please. you need to have 100k in bank before you give birth. new law will help yallYou're a stupid fuck dude...seriously. I can't describe you any other way. How about you just turn off the computer and leave your dumb ass opinions off the internet.

StylisticS
07-01-2007, 11:53 PM

What the hell are you talking about? Killeen cannot grow towards the west and northwest because Ft. Hood is right there. So what theory are you talking about? And Georgetown, Round Rock, and Austin run right along each other now and Killeen is growing right towards it very fast.

And you live in Dallas, how ironic.
Why you being smart. I live in Washington D.C.

StylisticS
07-01-2007, 11:58 PM
"But what if SA and Austin merges into one metro?"

Ever observe the SA-Austin traffic at any hour of the day? It's damn near bumper to bumper. Even Austin-DFW is a bitch round the clock esp after IH35 drops back to north of Austin to 2x2 lanes.

And "country living" by rich Austin/SA people, and wealthy retired, is already exploding all the way along west of 35.

It's a fucking crime that Southwest Airlines bought enouh TX politicans to kill the TGV train connecting DFW/SA/Houston. The corps always do what's best the corps, fuck the environment, fuck the people.

Yeah I-35 is a bitch from DFW to San Antonio. I believe there are over 11 million people living on the I-35 corridor in Texas. 11 million out of the 24 million living in Texas. No wonder they are trying to expand all the lanes to at least 6 lanes or more for the entire corridor. I wish there was high speed rail in Texas and I also hate that Southwest Airlines killed the plan. I think that triangle is one of the few that could work around the US.

Buddy Holly
07-02-2007, 03:51 AM
Stylistic, I apologize, I read your post thinking you were talking about SA but it was Killeen, my fault.

Nbadan
07-02-2007, 03:52 AM
If Southern states really wanna stop the population explosion, all they gotta do is in in-act a state-income tax. That's reason numero uno old people driving the housing market are moving to Texas...

...on a side-note, over 50% of our Population lives within like 100 miles from the sourthern coasts, that's crazy-shit.....

Buddy Holly
07-02-2007, 04:00 AM
If Southern states really wanna stop the population explosion, all they gotta do is in in-act a state-income tax. That's reason numero uno old people driving the housing market are moving to Texas...

Of the five fastest growing states in the US, two do not have state incomes and three do.

Nbadan
07-02-2007, 04:06 AM
Florida, Texas, Nevada...no state income tax....where are you getting your facts ducks?

Buddy Holly
07-02-2007, 04:20 AM
Florida, Texas, Nevada...no state income tax....where are you getting your facts ducks?

Well, ok, but the five actually are: Florida, Texas, California, Arizona, Georgia.

Hell, Atlanta alone might add more people a year than all of Nevada.

SAtoDallas
07-02-2007, 09:34 AM

...on a side-note, over 50% of our Population lives within like 100 miles from the sourthern coasts, that's crazy-shit.....
And I take it you are for state taxes?

StylisticS
07-02-2007, 09:44 AM
Stylistic, I apologize, I read your post thinking you were talking about SA but it was Killeen, my fault.

It's coo. Was a misunderstanding.