PDA

View Full Version : Nick Fazekas

monosylab1k
06-29-2007, 12:05 AM
From the scouting reports I gathered, everything points to him being a less athletic Dirk.

Yes! Just what we needed! :rolleyes I thought we got rid of this guy back when he was named Keith Van Horn....and then we traded for him when he changed his name to Austin Croshere....and for whatever fuckin' reason, he's back on the team about 10 years younger, and we're calling him Nick Fazekas.

There were plenty of solid perimeter defenders available (Derrick Byars, anyone?), and of course a legitimate post scorer in Big Baby.....and instead we decide to introduce everyone to the 07-08 "Honorary Stiff White Guy To Back Up Dirk".

zekes
06-29-2007, 12:20 AM
Lots of teams passed on Byars, including the Spurs twice. Maybe there was a reason? I think you should give Fazekas a little more credit. I think he will be a better fit than Croshere or Van Horn. Fazekas actually crashes the boards. As long as he gets stronger he will be decent. I think he'll be solid for 10-15 minutes per game as a 7th or 8th man.

Findog
06-29-2007, 12:42 AM
Lots of teams passed on Byars, including the Spurs twice. Maybe there was a reason? I think you should give Fazekas a little more credit. I think he will be a better fit than Croshere or Van Horn. Fazekas actually crashes the boards. As long as he gets stronger he will be decent. I think he'll be solid for 10-15 minutes per game as a 7th or 8th man.

He's cheaper than AC or KVH. I would've preferred Big Baby but realistically nobody is available at #34 that's going to get this team over the hump. If Dallas is going to make a move to address low-post scoring or perimeter defense, it's going to have to come from trading from the core. Thirty-fourth pick in the draft is not going to get you a title.

zekes
06-29-2007, 01:25 AM
He's cheaper than AC or KVH. I would've preferred Big Baby but realistically nobody is available at #34 that's going to get this team over the hump. If Dallas is going to make a move to address low-post scoring or perimeter defense, it's going to have to come from trading from the core. Thirty-fourth pick in the draft is not going to get you a title.

I agree. Would you want the FO to go after somebody like Magloire or Haywood?

Shank
06-29-2007, 07:48 AM
Nick Fazekas....twooooooooooo shots.

RonMexico
06-29-2007, 09:48 AM

No he won't... it's a race to see who will be worse: Hawes, Fazekas, or Jason Smith

Might as well throw Shavelick Randolph in there.

Findog
06-29-2007, 10:00 AM
No he won't... it's a race to see who will be worse: Hawes, Fazekas, or Jason Smith

Might as well throw Shavelick Randolph in there.

As long as you don't bring your herpesness up on him, then it's cool

BUMP
06-29-2007, 10:24 AM
From the scouting reports I gathered, everything points to him being a less athletic Dirk.

Yes! Just what we needed! :rolleyes I thought we got rid of this guy back when he was named Keith Van Horn....and then we traded for him when he changed his name to Austin Croshere....and for whatever fuckin' reason, he's back on the team about 10 years younger, and we're calling him Nick Fazekas.

There were plenty of solid perimeter defenders available (Derrick Byars, anyone?), and of course a legitimate post scorer in Big Baby.....and instead we decide to introduce everyone to the 07-08 "Honorary Stiff White Guy To Back Up Dirk".
please

have you even seen him play? or are you just dismissing him because he's pale and white?

give me a break. the man was a great post player in college with actual hands. he has good range as well, but he's not a jump shooter. he will benefit greatly from the attention Dirk receives. i think he will get some nice minutes the next couple of seasons. i know he's not Greg Oden, but we didnt have many choices left at pick #34. Derick Byars? he's probably no better than Greg Buckner

MrChug
06-29-2007, 10:33 AM
On SIRIUS 127 they've been talking to writers all day about the draft and no one thinks that fazekis won't have the footspeed to be effective. They did make a favorable comparison to Matt Bullard at best though... :toast

dallaskd
06-29-2007, 11:57 AM
Fazekas has a great post game and is a good rebounder. He is tough and scrapppy, plus a good scorer. He will fit well in Dallas.

Dirk41MVP
06-29-2007, 12:41 PM
people expect teams to get a shaq-like or TD-like player at the 34th spot in the draft... morons.

mikejones99
06-29-2007, 06:43 PM
It does not matter who Dallas gets, they cannot be as good as the Spurs till Duncan retires or they get Shaq to play next to dirk

mabber
06-29-2007, 06:48 PM
It does not matter who Dallas gets, they cannot be as good as the Spurs till Duncan retires or they get Shaq to play next to dirk

It's difficult to argue with that.

ponky
06-29-2007, 07:56 PM
jayzus freakin' chriiiiiiist, you wasted a whole thread on #34 like whoever they get at that spot is going to even matter next season? fucking hell, you need to latch on to another sport or get a hobby until the season starts, wasting time on such stupid little pieces of lint...on a different note, as a knicks fan, i am so pleased to see zach randolph in a knicks uniform, very nice....AND i'm REALLY happy to see that pile of trash, steve francis, outta MSG for good!

Dirk41MVP
06-29-2007, 09:12 PM

The funny thing is, the Mavericks are the only team along with the Shaq/Kobe Lakers to have beaten the spurs in the TD-dominance era... The soalrs, that's another story all together...

monosylab1k
06-29-2007, 10:37 PM
give me a break. the man was a great post player in college with actual hands. he has good range as well, but he's not a jump shooter.

Excuse me? Do you even know who the hell Nick Fazekas is? If you did, you'd know that Fazekas is an outside-in player with a great jump shot and a terrible post game. He's a fundamentally sound rebounder but not athletic in the least. He's also not very strong for a guy his size.

How can you say he's not a jump shooter? That was ALL HE DID. He IS NOT AT ALL a post player.

Cmon people, watch some tape on the guy and read a fuckin' scouting report or two before comin in here with some weak shit like this.

Who the fuck is gonna argue that the two most important things we needed was 1) perimeter defense and 2) post scoring? We could have easily addressed one or the other in one of the deepest drafts in history by taking either Byars or Davis. Instead they feel that finding a suitable replacement for Austin Fucking Croshere is the answer.

And according to comments STRAIGHT FROM AVERY AND DONNIE, they felt that the 34 pick in this draft should be someone who can MAKE AN IMPACT RIGHT AWAY....so for that impact player they find a guy who is going to enjoy playing backup to the most important guy on the team while having an identical skill set....good job....

mikejones99
07-01-2007, 05:21 PM
Nick is ok but if the cheapass dumbshit still had kept Nash and Finley they would have won a title by now most likely.

OldDirtMcGirt
07-01-2007, 05:24 PM
I actually like Fazekas for every other team not named Dallas. If you pair him with a low post player like an Eddy Curry he'd be terrific.

mikejones99
07-01-2007, 06:15 PM
Shaq and Kobe beat Spurs by .4 seconds and dallas got ver very good calls and lucky or San ANtonio wins 5 straight titles. Manu's career best shot( 3 pointer to take lead in game 7) and Tim's best shot9 over Shaq) were in those 2 years Spurs last Nick from Reno will be a good pick if they get smart and trade Dirk for KG, but most people in Dallas are not really smart. What secret did nelly use to beat dallas anyways?

BUMP
07-01-2007, 08:01 PM
I actually like Fazekas for every other team not named Dallas.

:dramaquee :rolleyes

mavs>spurs2
07-01-2007, 08:22 PM

They were as good as the Spurs in 06.

OldDirtMcGirt
07-01-2007, 09:03 PM
:dramaquee :rolleyes

He's a bad fit for Dallas. As I said before, he'd be excellent on a team with a low post presence, so he could draw out the defense. With Dallas, they have no low post presence, and their other big man has a game very similar to Dirk's.

Dalhoop
07-01-2007, 09:44 PM
The guy has the same game as Dirks. Think about it, that is EXACTLY what the Mavs want. What do Dirk, Van Horn and Croshere have in common? The all shoot the long ball as PF's. They extend the defense.

This is a pattern with the Mavs, they want the back-ups to have the same skillset as the starters so that they don't have to change the game plan when their starters are not on the floor.

Stack and Howard, Dampier and Diop, Dirk and "back-up of the month" ... They want them to play the game the same way. Fazekas has both range and accuracy. He can rebound, he can get to the foul line ... Thats about it (That about discribes Dirk when he came into the league too). Defense is going to need some work, but from the PF postion on the Mavs, what else is new.

I don't think that he can be as good as some of the other players taken in the draft, but as a pure shooter at the collage level ... He is in rare company. He averaged 21 PPG and 11.1 rpg in collage while shooting over 53% from the field and over 80% from the line.

He is also the three time WAC player of the year (Only one other player has done that). Now he was the anchor of the wolf pack for three years so he is used to have a team rely on his performace.

This is not to say that he will be a star in this league, but for the 34th pick .... He is not too bad at all. (He did put up better numbers then Oden [15.7ppg - 9.6rpg])

He's nothing to cry about.

dav4463
07-02-2007, 04:29 PM
Fazekas scares me! This may put the mavs over the top!

Dalhoop
07-03-2007, 04:52 PM
No rookie should scare anyone, what he should do is full in for Dirk while he sits. If that puts us over the top, then so be it.

The same was said of Howard when he came out .... He had a lot of collage creditials and was overlooked because he stayed in collage instead of coming out early too.

You should really watch what you say, the kid can shoot the ball and if you can shoot the ball and are 6-10, you will have a job in the NBA for a long time.

I don't think that he will make that much of a difference on the Mavs, but then just how much of a difference do you need to make to a 67 win team to put them "over the top"?