PDA

View Full Version : Draft Prospect (2004): Beno Udrih

phxspurfan
06-29-2007, 12:28 AM
http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/draft/2004-point-guards.htm

Beno Udrih — Breil Milano (Spain)

Height: 6-3 Weight: 204

OVERVIEW: Udrih is a slick, playmaking guard from Slovenia who has logged time with a variety of teams in Europe. The 21-year-old has proven that he can play with high-caliber athletes in the Italian League and is very sound offensively. On defense, he needs to show improvement and has trouble with quick guards.

LIKELY DRAFT POSITION: Udrih was regarded as a first-rounder two years ago, but a couple of up-and-down seasons in Europe hurt his stock. He bounced back at Chicago, where he was considered to be undraftable beforehand. Udrih's fine performance in two games in the Windy City caused his stock to soar, however. He is regarded as a possible late first-rounder and is almost guaranteed to hear his name on draft night.

COMPARATIVE UPSIDE: Kirk Hinrich COMPARATIVE DOWNSIDE: Carl English

ROLE PROJECTION: Key reserve

POSITIVES: Udrih embodies everything you want out of your point guard. He is a natural leader on the floor, can penetrate, has a deft sense of tempo control, is efficient with his handle, makes passes early in the development of plays and can knock down the long-range jumper. Udrih also has a lot of experience playing at a high level of basketball — he will be 22 by his rookie campaign, has three seasons of Euroleague play under his belt and has been a pro since the age of 17.

SHORTCOMINGS: Every team that likes Udrih is concerned about his health. He has had nagging injuries consistently throughout his career and clubs are worried he will not hold up over an 82-game schedule. Udrih is not a fragile guy, but his all-out style of play often puts him in the wrong place at the wrong time.

WHAT THEY'RE SAYING: "He's a good player but the question is with the injuries." — Charlotte Bobcats director of international scouting Tim Shea

Beno Udrih
06-29-2007, 12:29 AM
gay.

Leetonidas
06-29-2007, 12:46 AM
I think if Pop was just use him for an entire season instead of benching his ass, he would pan out.

Tippecanoe
06-29-2007, 12:49 AM
he looked good his rookie season. :depressed

i actually kinda hope he breaks out next season, but thats probably too much to ask for.

Money316
06-29-2007, 01:56 AM
gay.
TPark doesn't mind.

Mr. Body
06-29-2007, 01:57 AM
TPark doesn't mind.

Stupid.

jag
06-29-2007, 02:14 AM
I'm going to be surprised if he's still on the team next year. I would still like to see him improve, not sure if that's possible at this point.

Money316
06-29-2007, 02:22 AM
Stupid.
pinon pendejo.

BeerIsGood!
06-29-2007, 02:23 AM
The guy has skills, but I'm afraid he's not going anywhere in Pop's system. While the system is a proven winner, it's that way mainly because not everyone can play in it. It takes a mental and physical toughness with an attention to detail (especially on D), and Beno is lacking in those areas.