PDA

View Full Version : The blazers are loaded?!?!?

RobinsontoDuncan
06-29-2007, 01:29 PM
I see the blazers as a better team than the spurs in 3 years max.

They've got the potential to have all stars at every fucking position.

Jaret Jack and Sergio Rodriguez -- PG
Brandon Roy
Rudy Fernandez
LaMarcus Aldridge and Josh McRoberts
Greg Oden

Holy shit

this is fucking high way robbery

Supergirl
06-29-2007, 01:30 PM
We'll see. Great teams take great coaching, as well as some luck in terms of health. Blazers could either fuck it up, or have some bad luck and have their guys turn out to not be all that durable.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-29-2007, 01:30 PM
jesus! don't feed tlong!! his ego is big enough as it is!

Vito Corleone
06-29-2007, 01:31 PM
We'll see. Great teams take great coaching, as well as some luck in terms of health. Blazers could either fuck it up, or have some bad luck and have their guys turn out to not be all that durable.

I think it is even money they find a way to screw it up.

Thomas
06-29-2007, 01:32 PM
I see the blazers as a better team than the spurs in 3 years max.

They've got the potential to have all stars at every fucking position.

Jaret Jack and Sergio Rodriguez -- PG
Brandon Roy
Rudy Fernandez
LaMarcus Aldridge and Josh McRoberts
Greg Oden

Holy shit

this is fucking high way robbery

The Blazers had a couple of years an all star team and they didn't win anything. Team is everything

RobinsontoDuncan
I fucking hate the blazers, but that lineup could win 10 championships, god damn it

mardigan
And Channing Frye, not to mention Koponen, and they got James Jones. Complete roster turn-over

RobinsontoDuncan
The Blazers had a couple of years an all star team and they didn't win anything. Team is everything

Nate McMillan is a good coach, and greg oden is a once in a generation player

RobinsontoDuncan
06-29-2007, 01:34 PM
And Channing Frye, not to mention Koponen, and they got James Jones. Complete roster turn-over

Koponen? they got him too?

And I think this Francis thing isnt a bad deal for them, i mean they deal with him for a few years while they're developing, im sure he'll help a bit, and then they let him walk

freedom&justice
06-29-2007, 01:38 PM
Koponen? they got him too?

And I think this Francis thing isnt a bad deal for them, i mean they deal with him for a few years while they're developing, im sure he'll help a bit, and then they let him walk

Yes..they got the pick from Philly for cash, I believe; that was the one that turned into Koponen. There's talk that Francis will be bought out of his contract. Pritchard's assembled a hell of a lineup..Presti didn't do too bad either.

michaelwcho
06-29-2007, 01:39 PM
They were a loaded team when they had Rasheed Wallace and Bonzi wells on their team, too.

freedom&justice
06-29-2007, 01:42 PM
They were a loaded team when they had Rasheed Wallace and Bonzi wells on their team, too.

They were mostly very talented headcases then; now they're all talented good guys and they have a nice, self-deprecating big man to build around. They got like 8-9 players on draft night alone. And their coach is Nate McMillan; disciplined, defense-oriented coach whose offensive game plan doesn't entirely suck. And he's capable of developing young players and recognizing good young talent. If we could switch coaches with them I'd do it in a heartbeat.

MoSpur
06-29-2007, 01:52 PM
I think Francis will be bought out. They want to get rid of all the bad apples. What is up with Darius Miles?

mardigan
06-29-2007, 01:54 PM
I think Francis will be bought out. They want to get rid of all the bad apples. What is up with Darius Miles?
Trade bait, two years left on his deal at 9 mil each, gona be hard to move him

degenerate_gambler
06-29-2007, 01:55 PM
i bet Aldridge gets moved before the trade deadline next Feb.

MoSpur
06-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Miles was a player I liked when he was a Clipper. I thought he would actually grow up and play up to his potential.

RobinsontoDuncan
06-29-2007, 01:59 PM
i bet Aldridge gets moved before the trade deadline next Feb.

That would be stupid, they have the potential to have a pretty dominant fornt court right there.

If anything i expect them to parlay a few of their prospects for a vet, but it wouldnt be anyone significant (probably mcroberts and Rodriquez or jack) for a mario elie like player

Beaverfuzz
06-29-2007, 02:03 PM
There is one more trade Portland is going to make, in the next two weeks.

MoSpur
06-29-2007, 02:06 PM
They have young guys like Outlaw, Webster, and Brandon Roy who might get better. They drafted McRoberts and Taurean Green. I don't know if any of them were traded w/the deal to NY. However, this team is going to be good if they manage it right.

RobinsontoDuncan
06-29-2007, 02:08 PM
They have young guys like Outlaw, Webster, and Brandon Roy who might get better. They drafted McRoberts and Taurean Green. I don't know if any of them were traded w/the deal to NY. However, this team is going to be good if they manage it right.

There has to be some way to sabotage this.... wait, I have an idea!

Do you think these young guys have ever heard of weed?

MoSpur
06-29-2007, 02:22 PM
I believe they will do it the right way and will be a good team.

Warlord23
06-29-2007, 02:24 PM
That is a roster loaded with youth, deep at every position

Bigs: Oden/Aldridge/Frye/McRoberts
Swingmen: Roy/Fernandez/Outlaw/Webster
Point Guards: Jack/Rodriguez/Koponen/T Green

They got rid of Randolph, will almost certainly cut/buyout Francis. LaFrentz's contract expires in 08-09, Miles' contract expires in 09/10.

They have all the cards to put out a top contender on the hardwood in the 2009-10 season. They'll probably keep the Euros out for a year or two, and develop the rest. They will look to trade LaFrentz's expiring K next year, and Miles' expiring K the year after that along with some young talent for proven players/veterans. At the start of the 09-10 season they would know which of their young-uns are the real deal. Even if half of them pan out (which is very very possible), they'll be able to field a deep, versatile group that will have played together for 2 years.

It's hard for even an incompetent GM or coach to screw up their situation as it stands now. But they have a good coach and GM combination, plus an owner who doesn't mind spending. Scary.

mardigan
06-29-2007, 02:25 PM
And they got Joel at center as well, they almost have to trade him, he makes to much money to be a back-up

J.T.
06-29-2007, 02:30 PM
Greg Oden couldn't win the NCAA championship and you are expecting him to come into the NBA and instantly give his franchise 10 rings? That's ridiculous. I'd like to see a team of rookies and sophomores win the NBA title. I really would. Greg Oden was on a really good Ohio State team and he couldn't beat the Gators because they had great players who all came back committed to win another title, and the right coach to lead them there.

Funny how the 07 Gators sound a lot like the San Antonio Spurs.

The Blazers have the potential to be a dominant team, and a team that can win championships, but not while the Spurs, Mavs, and Suns are still competing with their current lineups. We should bump this thread at the All Star Break and see who was tripping and who wasn't.

The difference between Duncan and Oden is that Duncan came into a team with solid veterans and a great role model to follow in David. The Blazers are rebuilding around Oden, and they have good talent with Roy and Aldridge, but that team is very young. The Spurs just SWEPT the youngest average-aged team in the NBA Finals, and arguably one of the best if not the best young talents in Lebron James. You expect a team full of rooks and 2nd year players to challenge for TEN NBA rings in the near future? Please. The Western Conference will continue to run through San Antonio until #21 is hanging in the rafters at the AT&T center alongside our seven NBA championship banners.

genghisrex
06-29-2007, 02:42 PM
The Blazers are going to be an interesting team over the next several years. They're loaded up on young talent, but I think they may be too young, a la the Bulls of a few years ago. It'll take them a while a mature and they could use some good veterans with deep playoff experience on that team. Of course, unlike the Bulls, the Blazers have a player to build around in Oden who can be a legit superstar so that's a tremendous advantage right there.

Now that Portland has remade itself over the last two drafts, hopefully the front office will settle down a bit with the trades and build some continuity with their new core group of players. If they do, they could really build something special, although it'll also be interesting to see what happens once the rookie contracts start coming off the books in a few years. Will the Blazers go back to the top of team payroll (lord knows Paul Allen can afford it) or will they institute some kind of fiscal responsibility that'll give them more flexibility down the line?

Overall, the Blazers are in great shape and even though the Cavs just made the finals, you have to think that another young superstar like Lebron James wishes his front office could give him so many weapons and build so intelligently for the future.

tlongII
06-29-2007, 02:51 PM
We will be playing for the championship within 3 years and we will be a contender immediately. We're back!

Shred
06-29-2007, 02:52 PM
We will be playing for the championship within 3 years and we will be a contender immediately. We're back!

You're welcome.

Sincerely,

The Phoenix Suns

Fast Dunk
06-29-2007, 02:53 PM
Young team while the Spurs window of opportunity is closing really fast and getting older...and older...and older...

genghisrex
Maybe so, but as the championship gets decided out west, you'll still lose to the Spurs for the next few years.

BacktoBasics
They really need a vet pg...a healthy Brevin Knight maybe?

mardigan
06-29-2007, 02:54 PM
They really need a vet pg...a healthy Brevin Knight maybe?
Easier said than done

Fast Dunk
06-29-2007, 02:55 PM

Great young team tlong, team built for the future, too bad the San Antonio "never repeat" Spurs are getting older by the minute!

JamStone
06-29-2007, 02:58 PM
Lots of talent. One problem might be paying all of them. They're all about the same age, and all of their rookie contracts will end in about a 3 year period. Keeping the ones that end a little later might be difficult, especially if you consider some of them might want to become stars of their own team (any of them not named Oden and Roy who they'll likely build around). Jarret Jack might want to jet, same with guys like Aldridge and Martell Webster. Channing Frye might want to get a chance to start somewhere.

Paul Allen obviously has the resources and willingness to spend money, but it may come down to the players wanting their big payday to also include a better situation where they can shine, just like Joe Johnson leaving the Suns.

But, there's no doubt about it, they have a lot of great, young talent.

TDMVPDPOY
06-29-2007, 03:00 PM
frye is a fuckn joke though....dunno why they need him and francis buyout

wtf dont they just buyout miles contract, and just keep zbo? seriously

ShoogarBear
06-29-2007, 03:02 PM
You're welcome.

Sincerely,

The Phoenix SunsReally. WTF, Sarver?

freedom&justice
06-29-2007, 03:03 PM
Great young team tlong, team built for the future, too bad the San Antonio "never repeat" Spurs are getting older by the minute!

Funny...coming from the guy whose team traded away/gave away/ kicked away draft picks in a deep draft, no real tradeable assets, at least 2 bad contracts and a GM who moves like a lumbering barge... I'd worry more about what's gonna happen to your team before criticizing the 'old' Spurs who just. swept. your. team.
Wanna become a blazer fan? I'm a part-time Sonics/Lakers fan myself. :lol

Budkin
06-29-2007, 03:04 PM
tlong is happy

ShoogarBear
06-29-2007, 03:04 PM
Realistically, the odds are that only about 50% of those guys will pan out to near-expectations. That's still pretty good. The question is going to be who will step up as a team leader, and whether McMillan has what it takes to get them to a championship.

Leetonidas
06-29-2007, 03:19 PM
I'm extremely impressed with the Blazers. That city deserves a good team finally. They have players that could be all-stars soon. Martell Webster, Jarret Jack, LaMarcus Aldrige, Greg Oden, Brandon Roy, Travis Outlaw, Rudy Fernandez, Channing Frye, and not to mention their foreign prospects and role players. Getting Frye was a great move for them because he can back up Aldrige and Pryzbilla (unless he is moved) can play behind Oden.

This team, if kept in tact, managed well, and develops good chemistry will be a nightmare in 2 or 3 years. It's just a shame that Darius Miles is a little bitch and won't play a team game there.

The Go For 4
06-29-2007, 03:22 PM
Is it me or does Oden looks like he is 40.

Guru of Nothing
06-29-2007, 03:31 PM
Has anyone started a bandwagon to get Travis Outlaw into a Spurs uniform? Splitter for Outlaw straight-up seems about right, provided the front office can work the $$$.

mardigan
06-29-2007, 03:32 PM
Has anyone started a bandwagon to get Travis Outlaw into a Spurs uniform? Splitter for Outlaw straight-up seems about right, provided the front office can work the $$$.
Trade Scola, f giving up Splitter

dallaskd
06-29-2007, 03:33 PM
stevie franchise

Fast Dunk
06-29-2007, 03:41 PM
Funny...coming from the guy whose team traded away/gave away/ kicked away draft picks in a deep draft, no real tradeable assets, at least 2 bad contracts and a GM who moves like a lumbering barge... I'd worry more about what's gonna happen to your team before criticizing the 'old' Spurs who just. swept. your. team.
Wanna become a blazer fan? I'm a part-time Sonics/Lakers fan myself. :lol

Hey and your team got back swept as well... :lol

Four straight losses after leading 2-0.

Fact of the matter is both the Spurs and Pistons are done!

mardigan
06-29-2007, 03:44 PM

This from a fan of a team begging the SPurs for beno

Fast Dunk
06-29-2007, 03:44 PM
Funny...coming from the guy whose team traded away/gave away/ kicked away draft picks in a deep draft, no real tradeable assets, at least 2 bad contracts and a GM who moves like a lumbering barge...

Well, we have an inept front office molded by example (Spurs' example)

ShoogarBear
06-29-2007, 03:55 PM
ineptEnglish not your native language?

dbreiden83080
06-29-2007, 03:55 PM
Who knows it hard to predict. I mean look at how long Malone and Stockton played together. Both players are top 5 ever at their position and they only made the finals twice.

dbreiden83080
06-29-2007, 03:57 PM

Pistons are done even they were telling you guys that you were about to get your asses kicked by us. Dumb ass Cavs fans and some of the media convinced themselves you beat the Pistons of 04 and 05 they are a shell of what they were then. Those Piston teams would have manhandled you guys. Spurs are still as good as they were in 05, maybe better Pistons are not.

RobinsontoDuncan
06-29-2007, 04:08 PM
Greg Oden couldn't win the NCAA championship and you are expecting him to come into the NBA and instantly give his franchise 10 rings? That's ridiculous. I'd like to see a team of rookies and sophomores win the NBA title. I really would. Greg Oden was on a really good Ohio State team and he couldn't beat the Gators because they had great players who all came back committed to win another title, and the right coach to lead them there.

Funny how the 07 Gators sound a lot like the San Antonio Spurs.

The Blazers have the potential to be a dominant team, and a team that can win championships, but not while the Spurs, Mavs, and Suns are still competing with their current lineups. We should bump this thread at the All Star Break and see who was tripping and who wasn't.

The difference between Duncan and Oden is that Duncan came into a team with solid veterans and a great role model to follow in David. The Blazers are rebuilding around Oden, and they have good talent with Roy and Aldridge, but that team is very young. The Spurs just SWEPT the youngest average-aged team in the NBA Finals, and arguably one of the best if not the best young talents in Lebron James. You expect a team full of rooks and 2nd year players to challenge for TEN NBA rings in the near future? Please. The Western Conference will continue to run through San Antonio until #21 is hanging in the rafters at the AT&T center alongside our seven NBA championship banners.

you're a dumbass, learn to fucking read

T Park
06-29-2007, 04:13 PM
Lots of potential.

Time will tell if any or all of em play well together, and play the right way. Or if they can play well at all.

tmtcsc
06-29-2007, 04:42 PM
Young team while the Spurs window of opportunity is closing really fast and getting older...and older...and older...

And we've all seen what youth got you.

SWEPT

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/2/2c/Broom_icon.svg/400px-Broom_icon.svg.png

Ya Vez
06-29-2007, 06:28 PM

So what young team has won the championship lately?

I believe most of the recent champions have been a very good mix of veterans and a few young players...

Besides we have a farm team now and players overseas that are getting developed..

michaelwcho
06-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Spurs championship teams...mostly old.

Heat...mostly old.

Pistons...mix.

Lakers...mix.

later Bulls...mostly old.

It seems that young teams rarely win, and old teams often do.

mikejones99
06-29-2007, 06:35 PM
You fucking morons. They are too young and some of them will leave for more money soon enough. get this shit out of the spurs topic. PHX and Denver are the only teams that can challenge the Spurs for now.

CosmicCowboy
06-29-2007, 06:36 PM
The scariest thing about the Blazers is Paul Allen. You can tell that he's gotten over his disilluionment with that old jailblazer team and has gotten personally involved in rebuilding that franchise. He's already proven once he will spend whatever it takes to get and retain talent and a couple dozen million of luxury tax is totally irrelevant to him. His ability to pay makes Mark Cuban look like trailer trash and Sarver look like a homeless vato.

mikejones99
06-29-2007, 06:38 PM
Paul is too concerned about the image of the team. you got to have some crazy fuckers on the team to win. Sheed, patterson and Bonzi are all good players that you cannot just get rid of without the teams wins falling off.

T Park
06-29-2007, 06:40 PM
Im glad Paul was.

I wish all the teams in the NBA worried about their team having good people.

Are you listening Indiana?

CosmicCowboy
06-29-2007, 06:43 PM
At least with the Blazers coming back and Presti blowing up/rebuilding Seattle, Denver won't be a guaranteed lock at the 3 seed many more years LOL

mikejones99
06-29-2007, 06:51 PM
Denver will be #2 with a healthy Kmart

x_roux_x
06-29-2007, 10:17 PM
I believe we are putting the wagon before the horse here....Who knows who pans out and who doesnt...and again the youth thing...a team needs a few playoff proven vets...even if this team stays intact they will not be a championship team IMO...alot of maturity is needed....and lets face it....a Oden or Jack or whoever you want to name from the roster in 4 years doesnt mean WINNER....You have to learn to win....You have to have vets...and you have to have chemistry...And as said before even if all these players are all stars I am willing to bet half of em wont be there when there contracts are up...Especially if they all do become all stars.....Potential and talent are different then being proven...some seem think the blazers already are....I would be willing to bet they do not turn out to be what some of you say...to long of a time for what ifs...and everyone knows in pro sports there are alot of those....

DDS4
06-29-2007, 10:31 PM
Oden hasn't played a damn minute in the NBA and people are ready to hand out championships to the Blazers.

It takes more than talent on paper to win it all.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-29-2007, 10:53 PM

Um, no. You will be a contender in 3 years.

You've got a bunch of nice young players, most of whom haven't even played in the NBA yet, and the next two years will tell you who the keepers are. You'll also be able to use those expiring contracts to bring in the kind of veteran leadership young teams need to succeed.

Great draft, well done, but don't get ahead of yourself. You haven't leapfrogged the Jazz, Mavs, Suns or Spurs yet.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-29-2007, 10:55 PM
Denver will be #2 with a healthy Kmart

Hahahahahaha... that was a joke, right?

Nene is far better than Kenyon at this stage. His only value is his bloated contract.

Most over-rated player in the league and always was.

freedom&justice
06-29-2007, 11:21 PM

heh, a six-game series is not a sweep. Who cares if we lost 4 straight? We won two. Your cavs couldn't even win ONE. :rolleyes
Done? Dude, people have been saying that about the Pistons for at least 2 years - the Spurs have been called too old and slow pretty much every year 3-5 years running; they've won about two championships in that span.

Fact of the matter is, the cavs have little to no room for improvement themselves without picks and players of value to trade - and in about 2 years Lebron will be out playing for his buddy Jay-Z in Brooklyn.

milkyway21
06-29-2007, 11:47 PM
one thing people don't know about Oden. He likes fushia umbrella

http://images.sportsline.com/u/photos/basketball/nba/img10241367.jpg

Spurs dumped pink and fushia colors long ago right?
:D

Fast Dunk
06-29-2007, 11:51 PM
English not your native language?

What part of the word "inept" you don't understand?

in·ept(n-pt)
adj.
1. Not apt or fitting; inappropriate.
a. Displaying a lack of judgment, sense, or reason; foolish: an inept remark.
b. Bungling or clumsy; incompetent: inept handling of the account.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ShoogarBear
06-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Inept = "four rings" in your world?

Man of Steel
06-29-2007, 11:52 PM
Note to asshole Cav moron:

1. '05 Pistons would have swept your fucking one-dimensional "team." BTW--hope you like the new Addidas commercials--if you haven't seen them to need to "witness" them.

2. Your biggest problem--keeping Queen Lebronze. Luckiest team in the history of the NBA Playoffs--your sorry ass "team." Series against injury depleted Wizard team--wow--fantastic achievement. How does it feel now that the Caves are being considered as being the WORST team to ever contend for an NBA title? Hey buddy--look at the bright side--the Caves are at the top of the list in at least one category.

3. Giving shit to Piston fans is fucking moronic--they will re-group and will be back in the Eastern Con finals AGAIN next year--the Caves--if they even get into the playoffs at all--will probably lose in the first round (who knows--may even get swept again).

4. Reading smack from a Cave fan? Damn! Like having George W. Bush lead a reading group.

5. Hope you enjoyed the Spurs celebration on your home floor a few weeks ago. Better get a copy of the Spurs Championship DVD--it will probably be another 40 years before you get in the NBA Finals again.

Conclusion:

Your team is fucked.

You're fucked.

Your city is fucked.

CLEVELAND SUCKS!

CLEVELAND SUCKS!

(Performed while Drew Carey jacks off to a poster of Queen Lebronze sucking Boobies boobs)

PS--"inept": See--Cleveland Cavaliers

Fast Dunk
06-29-2007, 11:58 PM
Inept = "four rings" in your world?

We were talking about the Cavs front office and coaching staff, something Spurs fans always brag about.

We were not taking about your "every other year" titles.

Fast Dunk
06-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Note to asshole Cav moron:

1. '05 Pistons would have swept your fucking one-dimensional "team." BTW--hope you like the new Addidas commercials--if you haven't seen them to need to "witness" them.

2. Your biggest problem--keeping Queen Lebronze. Luckiest team in the history of the NBA Playoffs--your sorry ass "team." Series against injury depleted Wizard team--wow--fantastic achievement. How does it feel now that the Caves are being considered as being the WORST team to ever contend for an NBA title? Hey buddy--look at the bright side--the Caves are at the top of the list in at least one category.

3. Giving shit to Piston fans is fucking moronic--they will re-group and will be back in the Eastern Con finals AGAIN next year--the Caves--if they even get into the playoffs at all--will probably lose in the first round (who knows--may even get swept again).

4. Reading smack from a Cave fan? Damn! Like having George W. Bush lead a reading group.

5. Hope you enjoyed the Spurs celebration on your home floor a few weeks ago. Better get a copy of the Spurs Championship DVD--it will probably be another 40 years before you get in the NBA Finals again.

Conclusion:

Your team is fucked.

You're fucked.

Your city is fucked.

CLEVELAND SUCKS!

CLEVELAND SUCKS!

(Performed while Drew Carey jacks off to a poster of Queen Lebronze sucking Boobies boobs)

PS--"inept": See--Cleveland Cavaliers

Kill yourself!!

You are like that dude TPark that not even Spurs fans like

ShoogarBear
06-30-2007, 12:09 AM
So, they are molded by the Spurs example, but the inept part is a little sumptin-sumptin extra bonus thrown in by Quicken?

tlongII
06-30-2007, 12:22 AM
Um, no. You will be a contender in 3 years.

You've got a bunch of nice young players, most of whom haven't even played in the NBA yet, and the next two years will tell you who the keepers are. You'll also be able to use those expiring contracts to bring in the kind of veteran leadership young teams need to succeed.

Great draft, well done, but don't get ahead of yourself. You haven't leapfrogged the Jazz, Mavs, Suns or Spurs yet.

Pfffft! Puhleeeeeaze! We are definitely contenders now. I wouldn't say we have leapfrogged those teams yet, but we can definitely play with them.

Fast Dunk
06-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Pfffft! Puhleeeeeaze! We are definitely contenders now. I wouldn't say we have leapfrogged those teams yet, but we can definitely play with them.

I remember the Spurs-Blazers contests being really close last year.

Next season the Blazers can definately win 3 out of 4 from the Spurs

tlongII
06-30-2007, 12:37 AM
I remember the Spurs-Blazers contests being really close last year.

Next season the Blazers can definately win 3 out of 4 from the Spurs

A lot of that is because the Spurs weren't motivated against us. I think we can get a split against them this year though.

ShoogarBear
06-30-2007, 12:41 AM
Motivation against the Blazers won't be a problem now with Old Man Oden.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-30-2007, 12:48 AM

A "contender" generally refers to a team that is "in contention for the championship". The Blazers cannot claim to be a contender yet.

Let's see how they play together before we make championship predictions. :rolleyes

Hey, not trying to rain on your parade, your team has enormous POTENTIAL, but right now that's all it is. Enjoy watching them develop.

SRJ
06-30-2007, 01:04 AM
Hey, I'd be thrilled if I was a Blazer fan. But frankly, teams need a little less talent too.

Every championship team I can think of had two or three All-Stars (94 Rockets and 03 Spurs were exceptions), a solid starting five, two or three guys on the bench that can play, and junk at the end of the bench. There are only so many minutes to go around. And in the playoffs, rotations get shorter.

It will be interesting to see what happens once it becomes apparent that Portland will have to let go of some of this talent. Will they keep the right players? Will they cut the right players? Cleveland once had Mark Price and Kevin Johnson as young players on their team together and decided to keep Price. That move worked out for Cleveland, but KJ had a very good career too. That could have easily backfired.

Good luck, Blazer fan! Hope management doesn't screw this up!

LaMarcus Bryant
06-30-2007, 01:54 AM
LaMarcus Aldridge will feed off of practicing and being in the constant court presence of a purely dominant big man like Oden. Oden's 1on1 D will only get better having to defend Aldridge in practice.
They will make each other way better than if they were on seperate teams.

Very scary.

CosmicCowboy
06-30-2007, 02:07 AM
You guys that are dissing the moves made by Seattle and the Blazers are kidding yourselves. The West just got even tougher.