PDA

View Full Version : Printezis staying in Europe for now

Darkwaters
06-29-2007, 04:19 PM
Newest Raptor Will Stay In Greece
June 29, 2007 - 4:46 pm
Globe And Mail -
Giorgos Printezis sat in the green room at Thursday's NBA draft, waiting patiently to hear his name called.

"I was a little nervous," he said. "I said, 'Why have I worked so much? Why can't I have one chance?"'

A few picks later he got it when the San Antonio Spurs selected him 58th overall and flipped him to the Toronto Raptors for a future second-rounder.

"(The) first moment when I heard that San Antonio selected me, I was so happy," said Printezis. "But when the Raptors ... I can't say that was my dream, but whenever I was travelling through the U.S., I always said that the Toronto Raptors (are) maybe one of my favourite teams in the NBA.

"I like that they believe in the European guys, and I hope that one day I will be there. I would like that so much."

For now, Printezis is going to stay in Greece. The six-foot-nine wing averaged 11.5 points and 3.9 rebounds last year with Greek club Olympia Larissa. He says he's going to spend next season with Euroleague powerhouse Olympiacos.
http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46806/20070629/newest_raptor_will_stay_in_greece/

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-29-2007, 05:02 PM
Good for him. Hope he becomes a good player. :toast

timvp
06-29-2007, 05:35 PM
But when the Raptors ... I can't say that was my dream

:lol Pwnt.

El_Mago
06-29-2007, 05:39 PM
Sucks.

I really liked G.

To be honest, I think almost any foreigner would love to land here in SA and it could possibly be there dream.

They see the success other foreigners have had here and that probably makes SA look like paradise in their eyes.

However, I think Toronto is more of SA North than Cleveland.

I think he will flourish there and enjoy the NBA.

milkyway21
06-29-2007, 09:47 PM
"(The) first moment when I heard that San Antonio selected me, I was so happy," said Printezis. "But when the Raptors ... I can't say that was my dream, but whenever I was travelling through the U.S., I always said that the Toronto Raptors (are) maybe one of my favourite teams in the NBA.

:angel :angel ... :madrun :elephant...... :oops

:lmao

Borosai
06-29-2007, 09:53 PM
I actually really liked this guy. Too bad.

picnroll
06-29-2007, 10:15 PM
ploto's going to be so upset. Spurs screwed another player sending them to Toronto.

Ellinaras
06-29-2007, 10:34 PM
He ain't that good of a player really, I'd be surprised to see him play in any NBA team. I can't really understand why some people here focus on certain weakness of proven int'l players like Scola, Papaloukas, etc but are high on a scrub like Printezis.

Borosai
06-29-2007, 10:39 PM
Scrubs don't wait around at MSG to be picked 58th out of 60, and then have a huge smile on their face going up there. Sparta!

Actually, he's probably not good, but he has balls. And you don't want to run into him in a dark alley or something like that. That has to be worth something too.

L.I.T
06-29-2007, 10:40 PM
That was so honest...it was funny.

Man of Steel
06-30-2007, 12:14 AM
What he wanted to say was:

"Then I heard I was being sent to Toronto--and my first reaction was..

FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

ploto
06-30-2007, 08:32 AM
He might want to consider that were it not for Toronto he would not have been drafted at all.

picnroll
06-30-2007, 08:42 AM
He might want to consider that were it not for Toronto he would not have been drafted at all.
Yeah but it's like getting downgraded from the penthouse to the outhouse. His reaction is entirely understandable.