PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone disappointed about Jared Dudley?

SenorSpur
06-29-2007, 04:49 PM
I keep hearing that Tiago Spiltter was a steal for us at #28. From all accounts I read on this forum, he should be a steady player once he gets here.

I'm curious to know if any of you are disappointed that Charlotte nabbed Jared Dudley? Also, I'm of the opinion that if both players were there for the Spurs @ #28, the Spurs still would have chosen Tiago - because of the immediate salary implications on Dudley.

Thoughts?

Darkwaters
06-29-2007, 04:50 PM
I liked Dudley at 33...not 28

T Park
06-29-2007, 04:50 PM
They would've gone with Tiago due to him being sooooo high up the draft board.

Dudley I think Is a good player, but I don't think the Spurs were extremely high on him as we were lol.

mardigan
06-29-2007, 04:52 PM
Im more disapointed that MJ is such a front office cancer

BeerIsGood!
06-29-2007, 04:55 PM
They would've gone with Tiago due to him being sooooo high up the draft board.

Dudley I think Is a good player, but I don't think the Spurs were extremely high on him as we were lol.

T Park
06-29-2007, 04:58 PM
Yeah I was high on Dudley can I read the reports of him being a "Shane Battier" type player.

I thought that would be perfect.

The things though you read and see about Splitter and Marcus Williams, it makes you slap yourself for dropping your jaw and saying WHAT, when they draft them.

timvp
06-29-2007, 05:26 PM
It looks like Cook was 1 and Splitter was 2 on the Spurs' draft board. Dudley might have been higher than Williams was at 33, but I guess we'll never know.

ALVAREZ6
06-29-2007, 05:59 PM
I hate Jared Dudley.

Kori Ellis
06-29-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm not even sure that Splitter was their "#2" guy. What was RC supposed to say, "Well there were four or five guys that we targeted that were gone .. so we chose Splitter." :)

I'm not saying that the Spurs aren't high on Splitter, but I'd imagine Cook, Dudley and a few others were targeted ahead of him.

timvp
06-29-2007, 06:17 PM
I'm not even sure that Splitter was their "#2" guy. What was RC supposed to say, "Well there were four or five guys that we targeted that were gone .. so we chose Splitter." :)

I'm not saying that the Spurs aren't high on Splitter, but I'd imagine Cook, Dudley and a few others were targeted ahead of him.

If Pop said it, I wouldn't believe it. But RC isn't CIA at all. He tries to be but he lets too much honesty slip in.

Like last time the Spurs picked a first rounder when he said that they liked Mahinmi because he grew up with both parents unlike a number of other prospects ... and then realized what he said and tried to have the remark taken off the record. :rollin

T Park
06-29-2007, 06:27 PM
:lol

Or what about last night when asked about trading up he said well "Seattle"

Then did this hard core bend forward NO I MEAN Philadelphia :lol

Solid D
06-29-2007, 08:25 PM
I was disappointed Dudley went off the board. I was also a bit dismayed that Afflalo went 1 pick ahead of the Spurs to Detroit...but that's the breaks of the draft. That's also what makes the draft fun.

bigdog
06-29-2007, 09:02 PM
as pissed as i was during the draft yesterday, i thought it was pretty funny. as soon as i would say "ih ope this guy is there at 28", someone picked him. it sucked. and i was mad that Dudley went to Charlotte. then after that, Afflalo went, and I was glad to see Fernandez and Belinelli go before 28 , I didnt want them. but when 28 came around, I said out loud "god i hope they dont get splitter", then Stern said TIAGO SPLITTER, and i went insane. haha

Darkwaters
06-29-2007, 09:49 PM
The whole chant was pissed when he said "Splitter". But then we thought about it and said, "Ok, fine".

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-29-2007, 09:52 PM
I believe I was the only one who didn't complain about any pick. :)