PDA

View Full Version : Long Distance Relationships

TheSanityAnnex
06-29-2007, 06:24 PM
I'm getting back together with my exgirlfriend who lives in Long Beach, CA......I'm in Tempe, AZ.

I just spent the last four days with her and realized she is the one for me. We talked about our situation for hours upon hours and have both made the committment to make the trip at least once every two weeks, or once every week. She's got one more year until she's an RN and I've got about a year and a half before I'm done with school. I'm not going to lose the girl of my dreams twice, I'm determined to make it work.

What are your experiences with long distance relationships? Am I fucked from the start, or is there a chance?

Shelly
06-29-2007, 06:26 PM
Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

Plus, that's only an 8-9 hour drive, so that's not too bad.

jman3000
06-29-2007, 06:27 PM
i'd reckon the hardest part would be not hooking up with a girl in AZ and not thinking too hard if she's fucking some guy in CA or not.

mikejones99
06-29-2007, 06:29 PM
long distance relations do not work. break up now or pay later.

mavs>spurs2
06-29-2007, 06:29 PM
Long distance relationships rarely work out, but I wish you luck.

Douche
06-29-2007, 06:30 PM
Post some of her modeling pics or that sex tape you made and I will tell you.

Repeater
06-29-2007, 06:31 PM
long distance relations do not work. break up now or pay later.

duncan228
06-29-2007, 06:31 PM
There's always a chance.

My husband and I spent 2 years on opposite sides of the country before we were married.

If it's real, and you're both committed to making it work it will work.

Keep talking. Be honest. The distance is only physical if you're connected emotionally.

I assume you've got compatible cell phones, we did it before cells and the phone bills were ridiculous!

My son's girlfriend is across the country and they've made it work for a year now.

If it's meant to be and you work at it it will come out okay.

mikejones99
06-29-2007, 06:33 PM
Poor Pacers. Them fuckers in Detroit killed your team for about 5 years.

TheSanityAnnex
06-29-2007, 06:34 PM

Plus, that's only an 8-9 hour drive, so that's not too bad.actually, only 5 and a half hours.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-29-2007, 06:35 PM
Can't offer much but the best of luck.

Magic_Johnson
06-29-2007, 06:36 PM
I'm in france (paris)
my girlfriend is in brussels.
we've been together for two years and it's working so ...
it's possible

TheSanityAnnex
i'd reckon the hardest part would be not hooking up with a girl in AZ and not thinking too hard if she's fucking some guy in CA or not.I'm over hooking up with random girls out here in AZ, I'm ready to settle down.

mikejones99
most men want sex more than 2 times a week so if you sex other people till you see her then maybe.

TheSanityAnnex
06-29-2007, 06:38 PM

We didn't separate on bad terms, it was more about the two of us getting our schooling done and that required me moving. I thought I'd enjoy being single having been with her for four years, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Seeing her again after 8 months just felt so right.

Shelly
06-29-2007, 06:39 PM
actually, only 5 and a half hours.

I was basing on the drive from Tucson to my parents house in Orange County, so I assumed it was around the same. That's not a bad drive, so you can see each other pretty often.

Shelly
06-29-2007, 06:40 PM
We didn't separate on bad terms, it was more about the two of us getting our schooling done and that required me moving. I thought I'd enjoy being single having been with her for four years, but I couldn't have been more wrong. Seeing her again after 8 months just felt so right.

Well then, there ya go. Pop the question already! :married:

Shelly
06-29-2007, 06:41 PM
oh, and you get points for spelling separate correctly! :lol

T Park
06-29-2007, 06:43 PM
Take it from someone who has a job that takes me away from home from May through November. and in March also.

So about 7 months out of the year, im away from home, save business trips also in between for a week or two.

Its tough. BUT, it can be done. If you love her as much as you do, and she as well, wich it sounds you do, and you both make the effort to see each other every other week, then things are good.

Honestly, if you have things going on, and she will too, and you talk on the phone every other night, or at home, or on the computer with IMs, then things are good.

Good luck Sannity, you seem like good people, and I hope it works out :tu

Melmart1
06-29-2007, 06:47 PM
I've been in a long distance relationship before and we made it work for several months. We broke up due to other issues (I want kids, he didn't) that had nothing to do with the distance.

It's nice in a way, the time you do get to spend together is quality time and you don't want to waste any of it, so you tend to have a better visit. HOwever, once the year and a half is up and you guys are back in the same place, beware! Issues you let pass in the interest of keeping your rare time together peaceful may creep up. If you can withstand that initial onslaught of adjustment, you will be golden. Not sure if I explained that clearly but trust me, that readjustment phase is the hardest part. Good luck!

mardigan
06-29-2007, 06:48 PM

TheSanityAnnex
06-29-2007, 06:52 PM
Take it from someone who has a job that takes me away from home from May through November. and in March also.

So about 7 months out of the year, im away from home, save business trips also in between for a week or two.

Its tough. BUT, it can be done. If you love her as much as you do, and she as well, wich it sounds you do, and you both make the effort to see each other every other week, then things are good.

Honestly, if you have things going on, and she will too, and you talk on the phone every other night, or at home, or on the computer with IMs, then things are good.

Good luck Sannity, you seem like good people, and I hope it works out :tuThanks.....I'm encouraged by what you've said.

NorCal510
06-29-2007, 06:58 PM
pics, TSA?

T Park
06-29-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks.....I'm encouraged by what you've said

Yeah its when you don't see anyone for like, 2 months, three months straight is when it gets touchy.

You guys will be more than fine.

TheSanityAnnex
06-29-2007, 09:39 PM
Yeah its when you don't see anyone for like, 2 months, three months straight is when it gets touchy.

You guys will be more than fine.Well its been about 8 months since I last saw her in person.............I talked to her on and off (we thought it would be better at certain times that we didn't talk, thought it would be easier, but it made it tougher).

I've contemplated taking the two more classes I need for my English degree so I can just graduate, get her a ring, get a career going, and marry her................but, the whole reason I moved out here was for this business/golf management degree. I wish I could just fast forward the next year or so.

missmyzte
06-29-2007, 11:02 PM
Flights on Southwest are cheap between PHX and LAX, or through America West to LGB. Especially if you book in advance. With the cost of gas, skip the road trip and take flights.

Good luck to the both of you! I'm in So Cal and travel regularly to Phoenix, it's not much of a distance.

NorCal510
06-29-2007, 11:06 PM
pics, TSA?

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-29-2007, 11:35 PM
actually, only 5 and a half hours.

I love that drive, beautiful desert. Did it in February when I was in Tempe for a couple of nights... it's more like 7 hours when you take the LA freeway logjam into account.

As for LD relats, good luck, and it will only work if there is 100% trust and commitment both ways.

Good luck mate, I wish I still had a chance with the one I let go... :depressed

tlongII
06-30-2007, 12:09 AM
Me ex lives in Seattle. It didn't work out for us. It's kind of weird, because I still love her. It's a different deal though. We were both established in our own cities and neither of us wanted to move to the other. I was pretty happy seeing her every other weekend actually. She wanted more though...

katyon6th
06-30-2007, 12:13 AM
There has to be an end in sight to make a long distance relationship work. I was involved in one for over a year. I was here in San Antonio and he lived in Detroit. We made it work for a while; daily calls, monthly visits, etc. It wasn't until we lost sight of when the long distance was going to end did the relationship start to fall apart. But it can work. I know it can. Trust. Sacrifice. And future plans. Plus all that other shit like love and good sex. Good luck!

ShoogarBear
06-30-2007, 12:26 AM
Wait, is this the chick whom you were asking about keeping her sex tape?

TheSanityAnnex
06-30-2007, 12:29 AM
Wait, is this the chick whom you were asking about keeping her sex tape?Yes, and good thing I kept it, she wouldn't want it being destroyed now.

TheSanityAnnex
06-30-2007, 12:30 AM
There has to be an end in sight to make a long distance relationship work. I was involved in one for over a year. I was here in San Antonio and he lived in Detroit. We made it work for a while; daily calls, monthly visits, etc. It wasn't until we lost sight of when the long distance was going to end did the relationship start to fall apart. But it can work. I know it can. Trust. Sacrifice. And future plans. Plus all that other shit like love and good sex. Good luck!Thankfully I'm not that far.............and I think 8 months apart made us each realize how much we really missed and were meant for eachother.

This chance alone has me happier than I've been in a while.

mrsmaalox
06-30-2007, 01:07 AM
Thankfully I'm not that far.............and I think 8 months apart made us each realize how much we really missed and were meant for eachother.

This chance alone has me happier than I've been in a while.
Well good for you, I hope it works out; I've heard that it can . My long distance relationship didn't work out, was very sad and painful. The good that came out of it was that a student of mine knew what I was going thru and patiently waited till I recovered, then swept me off my feet! It's been 20+ years and I have never regretted the long distance relationship that led me to where I am now!

E20
06-30-2007, 01:08 AM
Pansy.............I would never let this happen to me.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-30-2007, 01:20 AM
It can work, I had one for 2 years. And I absolutely abhor long cel phone conversations so if I did it it can definitely be done.

CuckingFunt
06-30-2007, 04:01 AM
What are your experiences with long distance relationships? Am I fucked from the start, or is there a chance?
My relationship has been somewhat long distance (actual distance is only a two hour drive, but busy schedules make it worse) for a little over a year and I am getting ready for a move/return to school that's going to move us even farther apart, but we've been making it work.

It sucks sometimes, and the first night in an empty bed after a visit isn't very fun, but it certainly doesn't mean the end of a relationship. Trust, honesty and commitment are essential, of course -- there's just no point in going through the motions if you're either fucking around or constantly paranoid about your girl fucking around.

Realizing you're getting closer to settling down is a big deal, so congrats on taking that step. You two make a cute couple.

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 04:26 AM
I'm getting back together with my exgirlfriend who lives in Long Beach, CA......I'm in Tempe, AZ.

I just spent the last four days with her and realized she is the one for me. We talked about our situation for hours upon hours and have both made the committment to make the trip at least once every two weeks, or once every week. She's got one more year until she's an RN and I've got about a year and a half before I'm done with school. I'm not going to lose the girl of my dreams twice, I'm determined to make it work.

When LJ and I met I lived in L.A. and he lived here. I flew back and forth every weekend (leaving L.A. on Friday night and returning Monday morning) for eight weeks. Then we finally decided we had to do something because it sucked. So he came to stay with me there for a month or so and then I moved here.

You aren't doomed but it's very difficult. Plus, I'm not sure what broke you up before, but if you have any trust issues, they will be multiplied exponentially by the distance :lol

Seriously, it's not impossible but it definitely isn't easy.

Good luck.

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 04:28 AM
There has to be an end in sight to make a long distance relationship work. ...

That's the key. If you feel like the "long distance" part isn't ever ending, then it's really hard.

DisgruntledLionFan#54,927
06-30-2007, 06:52 AM
I can't believe you honestly think this will work.

At least when you break up this time, you know it will be for good.

kingsfan
06-30-2007, 08:00 AM
I told you when you broke up that you'd get back together. Long distance didn't work for me but it can if you really work at it. You have to be more determined than ever and knowing you, you can do it. Address any problems/trust issues up front so they won't be a major problem later.
It definitely helps if you can set a time table for when you can be together, that gives you something to shoot for.
Good luck though, you are a cute couple. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/married.gif
I want an invite to the wedding.

ploto
06-30-2007, 08:50 AM
It can definitely work but make sure that you don't let the distance cloud any real issues you would have if you were together.

Also, are you sure that one of you is eventually willing to move?

BacktoBasics
06-30-2007, 09:17 AM
You guys are failing to mention the hardest part in all of this. Its not the time apart while you wait to be together on a regular basis. Its when you actually do get on the same page and are up each others asses with no room to breath and be alone. Thats usually when things go south.

englishspursfan
06-30-2007, 10:42 AM
long distance an getting back with the ex do not work!!!!

johnsmith
06-30-2007, 10:47 AM
You guys are failing to mention the hardest part in all of this. Its not the time apart while you wait to be together on a regular basis. Its when you actually do get on the same page and are up each others asses with no room to breath and be alone. Thats usually when things go south.

That's exactly right. I dated a girl about 7 hours away while finishing up college. It was great, we'd see eachother every other weekend and have a really good time together.

Then we both graduated and were suddenly living in the same city. As it turned out, neither of us liked eachother all that much when we were able to see eachother on a regular basis.

For us, it was the anticipation of seeing one another and the fun we had because it felt like we were "apart for so long".

I truly disliked this girl after we were in the same town.

NorCal510
06-30-2007, 10:55 AM
Tsa Pics

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 11:38 AM
That's exactly right. I dated a girl about 7 hours away while finishing up college. It was great, we'd see eachother every other weekend and have a really good time together.

Then we both graduated and were suddenly living in the same city. As it turned out, neither of us liked eachother all that much when we were able to see eachother on a regular basis.

For us, it was the anticipation of seeing one another and the fun we had because it felt like we were "apart for so long".

I truly disliked this girl after we were in the same town.

But this is a much different situation, Sanity Annex already lived with this girl for years so he know he can deal with her.

06-30-2007, 11:54 AM
Not necessarily. It will be over 2 years before they'd have to deal with each other on a day to day basis again, no? That's a long, long time.

I don't get it, TSA. You decided once that the relationship wasn't strong enough to handle a long-distance thing, but after 8 months of not seeing her, now it is?

cornbread
06-30-2007, 11:57 AM
Don't listen to the people who say long distance can't work. Those are the people who can't make it work.

As mentioned above, you need an end in sight AND lots of trust.

06-30-2007, 11:59 AM
It's not long distance that can't work. You're odds are as good as the work the two are willing to put in.

But LDR with an ex?

That's selective memory, IMO.

Borosai
06-30-2007, 12:03 PM
Trust and lots of phone sex.

Quasar
06-30-2007, 01:49 PM
It all depends how serious you are about each other, and you do seem quite serious!

I was in a similar situation as you... broke up with my childhood sweetheart, but later realized she was The One.

We got back together just before she left for her 3 years of undergraduate studies in Australia... Due to the expensive airfares, we only saw each other every 6 months, but thanks to MSN and ICQ (there was no skype back then!), we managed to keep the phone bills to a minimum.

By God's grace, we went the distance and got married after she graduated... And we have a little princess on the way!!

There are many ways to survive all the fights, and the feelings of insecurity/jealousy *when* they happen. If you're a Christian... I strongly advise you to seek personal growth in your walk with God - the person you're dating must share the same long-term vision as you do in order to have a successful relationship. If you grow, she will too, and then both of you can ask God's help - when we work, we work, but when we pray, God works!!

The best tip I can give you is that Love is much more than the :makeout feeling you get in a relationship.

It even goes beyond that :danceclub feeling you get when your significant other made you feel on top of the world!.

Because you're far away, there are some days where:

1.you won't be able to patch up or help her get over her depression where a hug would've made everything right again... That's one of the risks where some guy friend could sweep in and console her better than you. And trust me, despite everything, you'll grow to dislike that guy!!
2. you'll feel so horny you'll be very tempted by the inviting babes that may cross your way, as your woman will be so far away... (that happens quite often for some reason)!
3. and many more...
But there is still hope, because this is Love:

Love is patient, Love is kind,
It does not envy, it does not boast,
It is not proud, It is not rude,
It is not self-seeking,
It is not easily angered,
It keeps no record of wrongs.

Love does not delight in evil,
but rejoices with the truth.

Love always protects, always trusts,
always hopes, always perseveres.

Love bears all things, believes all things,
hopes all things, endures all things.

Love never ends.

Love Never Fails.

1 Corinthians 13 : 4 - 8

Commitment to each other, even when you're not feeling like loving each other...

The ability to say sorry and take the first step even though you're not at fault... (that helps with most women!)

Take courage - man up and do it!

NorCal510
06-30-2007, 01:53 PM
Tsa Pics

TheSanityAnnex
06-30-2007, 02:00 PM
You guys are failing to mention the hardest part in all of this. Its not the time apart while you wait to be together on a regular basis. Its when you actually do get on the same page and are up each others asses with no room to breath and be alone. Thats usually when things go south.We lived together for four years and she was more enjoyable than any other roommate I've ever had.

TheSanityAnnex
06-30-2007, 02:02 PM
I don't get it, TSA. You decided once that the relationship wasn't strong enough to handle a long-distance thing, but after 8 months of not seeing her, now it is?Initially, we thought separating was the right thing to do. And I also thought it would be good for me to be single again, I was wrong. We also never even attempted the long distance thing the first time.

TheSanityAnnex
06-30-2007, 02:08 PM
Thanks Quasar.

NorCal510
06-30-2007, 02:08 PM
god damn am i on all ignore or WHAT?

johnsmith
06-30-2007, 02:10 PM
god damn am i on all ignore or WHAT?

No, it's just that no one likes you.

CuckingFunt
06-30-2007, 02:11 PM
god damn am i on all ignore or WHAT?No. We can all read your posts.

We just don't give a fuck.

cornbread
06-30-2007, 02:11 PM
Tsa Pics
Because a great way to start that all-important bond of trust is to post her pic on the internet. They LOVE that.

johngateswhiteley
06-30-2007, 02:15 PM
...of course it can work. and Katy is right, there usually needs to be an end in sight, which there appears to be.

...good luck.

NorCal510
06-30-2007, 02:21 PM
http://www.joysmayhem.com/images/heidi_ho.jpg

06-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Initially, we thought separating was the right thing to do. And I also thought it would be good for me to be single again, I was wrong. We also never even attempted the long distance thing the first time.

Eh, I'm skeptical, but that's just me.

Good luck to you and my only advice is to NOT treat this as a second chance/second time around. Instead, try to treat this as an entirely new relationship.

And remember, all women are bat-shit crazy.

TheSanityAnnex
06-30-2007, 02:48 PM
Good luck to you and my only advice is to NOT treat this as a second chance/second time around. Instead, try to treat this as an entirely new relationship.
We discussed this in great detail. I'll be treating it as new but I'll never forget the mistakes I made the first time around.

BacktoBasics
06-30-2007, 03:09 PM
I hope it works out for you buddy. Never forget though that women are the root of all evil and could turn on you when you least expect it.

Norcal STFU already.

tlongII
06-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Personally I don't think she will be able to deal with looking at TSA's jacked up eye on a daily basis.

SpursWoman
06-30-2007, 03:22 PM
Good luck, TSA! From everything I heard you say about her, you seem like really good friends, too. I'm certain it'll work out, especially as it doesn't seem like you have to be apart for that much longer.

Although I've never been in one, I'm actually glad that there was one particular LDR that didn't work out. :nerd

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Although I've never been in one, I'm actually glad that there was one particular LDR that didn't work out. :nerd :lmao

Shelly
06-30-2007, 05:06 PM
Good luck, TSA! From everything I heard you say about her, you seem like really good friends, too. I'm certain it'll work out, especially as it doesn't seem like you have to be apart for that much longer.

Although I've never been in one, I'm actually glad that there was one particular LDR that didn't work out. :nerd

Sheyitt, SW. I didn't live THAT far from you.

:depressed

OldDirtMcGirt
06-30-2007, 06:57 PM
I have no idea how it'll work. Not trying to be negative, but there are a ton of babes in the Tempe area (I assume you got ASU). Maybe if you lived in Des Moines or something it could work out, but you'd have to have a will of steel.

LuvBones
06-30-2007, 07:01 PM
If they're really in love and ready to settle down then it doesn't matter how many hot people they come across. It can be done.. just keep talking and planning for the time you get to live together again. I would think the hardest part is saying goodbye to each other when you have to go back to your city. TSA, when are ya'll planning on moving together?

angel_luv
06-30-2007, 07:10 PM
I've never been in a LDR and besides you've already been given plenty of great advice- from Quasar especially.
So I will just say, hope everything works out beautifully for you. :)

lilmads
06-30-2007, 07:32 PM
I've seen LDRs break many of my friends up. And I think the greater the distance the harder it is. However, if you say you will try and make things work by driving down it may work. You need to have lotsa trust and no doubts in your mind about the relationship working. Because once a seed of doubt is there, it may fail.
From what I've personally experienced and from what I've seen happen with people around me, they don't work. But every relationship is different. Only you and your partner know what that relationship is like and only you two can judge.
I hope it all works out well :)

Avitus1
06-30-2007, 07:58 PM
Me and my girlfriend are in a long distance relationship. We did actually break up for a five years and had a lot of ups and downs but we are back together. She goes to the University of North Carolina now and I live here but we are strong and I know we'll work.

The story is quite a long one I'll go into it maybe in a different post.

TheSanityAnnex
06-30-2007, 08:40 PM
I have no idea how it'll work. Not trying to be negative, but there are a ton of babes in the Tempe area (I assume you got ASU). Maybe if you lived in Des Moines or something it could work out, but you'd have to have a will of steel.Yeah, I'm at ASU and there is no shortage of hot chicks out here. But I've had my share of hot chicks and am at the point in my life where that isn't what I'm after anymore. I truly believe I've found that one person that I'm willing to sacrifice everything for. It really fucking sucks it took me moving to Arizona to figure that out because now I've only complicated things. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/violin.gif

TxJudsonRocketTx
06-30-2007, 09:39 PM
So TSA let me get this right, people talking about playing a computer game on a message board need to get a life, but a guy posting about his love life on the same board and giving everyone his life story is ok? hah you crack me up. Do you not have friends you can talk to or do you just prefer pouring your heart out online?

TheSanityAnnex
06-30-2007, 10:07 PM
So TSA let me get this right, people talking about playing a computer game on a message board need to get a life, but a guy posting about his love life on the same board and giving everyone his life story is ok? hah you crack me up. Do you not have friends you can talk to or do you just prefer pouring your heart out online?It's apparent you're still butthurt about getting abused in the "music for drones" thread because all you do is follow me around and try and "pwn" me. Your obsession with me is quite alarming, you've even gone as far as taking a quote of mine out of context and put it in your sig in an attempt to get back at me.

I'm simply asking for advice from people who have dealt with long distance relationships and I fail to see how that is giving people my life story. I don't have any friends who have done the long distance thing so I don't see how they would be of any use.

I didn't even tell you to "get a life", I simply commented on the guy who said he dropped out of classes because of a video game. But since you wanted to stick your head out its your turn. Get a life Judson. You were going to spend 3,000 dollars on fucking computer gaming system. You complained about there not being any competition for you anymore on your xbox360 nba2k7 and said it made you sad, which leads me to believe you've spent A LOT OF TIME playing it. I'm guessing you also own a PS3, a Wii, and have saved every gaming system you've ever owned. I would even guess you have a "gaming chair" with attached speakers and vibrating gadgets. You are probably a Halo God, and I bet you are really excited that they are making a movie out of it too. You are a gaming nerd who needs to get a life.

And next time you want to try and "pwn" me for asking a relationship question on a message board, you may want to recall that gay ass thread you posted "a question for the womens" http://spurstalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=46653
You posted a picture of your room and asked them if a girl would like it or not. Fucking pathetic. Maybe when your room doesn't look like that of a ten year old, you'll get a real girlfriend and have your own relationship questions to ask the board. Until then, stick to masturbating to anime and dreaming of Lara Croft. And quit following me around, you are only making yourself look foolish.

TheSanityAnnex
06-30-2007, 10:09 PM
If you'd like to continue this, please take it to the troll forum.

NorCal510
06-30-2007, 10:36 PM
So TSA let me get this right, people talking about playing a computer game on a message board need to get a life, but a guy posting about his love life on the same board and giving everyone his life story is ok? hah you crack me up. Do you not have friends you can talk to or do you just prefer pouring your heart out online?
:owned

FromWayDowntown
06-30-2007, 10:37 PM
I agree that the key to making any long distance relationship work is a light at the end of the tunnel. I was in a LDR during my first year of graduate school. I was about 5 hours away from her, but she had already decided to follow me to the same school, so our relationship only really had to survive for that one year. And it basically did, though other things eventually brought the relationship to an end.

I think another facet that is terribly important to making it work is ensuring that you make time to make it work. It's easy initially, I think, to have the regular phone calls and to plan visits. What I found is that as I got entrenched at school, there was competition for that time -- studying, school events, social events, and things like that. I was crazy for my girl and didn't find it too terribly difficult to make the choice among those possibilities -- she always won. But I had friends going through the same thing and several of them had their LDR's crumble by making the wrong choices in that regard. I think, in many ways, the choices you make in that context are a real litmus test for your view of the relationship; if you choose her over all else, you're in the right place.

I certainly wish you luck. I envy those who've found the love of their lives.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-30-2007, 10:40 PM
Yeah, I'm at ASU and there is no shortage of hot chicks out here. But I've had my share of hot chicks and am at the point in my life where that isn't what I'm after anymore. I truly believe I've found that one person that I'm willing to sacrifice everything for. It really fucking sucks it took me moving to Arizona to figure that out because now I've only complicated things. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/violin.gif

There's a point in life where you don't need hot chicks? This is an intriguing concept. :lol

But on a serious note, the reason I bring it up is that guys (especially dudes in their early twenties) are superficial creatures. It's nothing to be ashamed of, but especially at that age it's all about the primal instinct. You got to check yourself to see if just seeing an old girl friend didn't just spark some passion and a kind of "grass is greener" type of attitude. Emotions are some tricky shit, and if you try to rush in unprepared they'll bite you in the ass. Especially when you're committing to somebody at an early age. Even if you think you truly believe it, there's always the decent chance you'd be wrong (it's happened to me more than once).

Personally, I'd just keep in contact, keep being good friends, and keep the relationship at that for awhile now. Make sure it isn't this weird lust type of shit, both of yall go on dating, and then maybe in six months or a year and you guys have still kept in touch you finish school and get back together. Getting into a long term relationship and then regretting it's a mother fucker, especially when you're getting into a long term relationship that you regret... and you're not getting laid. That's got killing spree written all over it.

Relationships should be fun. Yall should want to be together. It shouldn't be kidn of a struggle to keep in contact and remain faithful. The shit is much more natural if you keep within close proximity. Typically (in my experience) a long distance relationships keeps people tense with all of the fidelity issues, calling times, etc. It shouldn't have to be an ordeal.

TheSanityAnnex
06-30-2007, 10:45 PM
There's a point in life where you don't need hot chicks? This is an intriguing concept. :lol There's a point where you can stop looking for hot chicks every night because you've found a hot/smart/funny chick that matches your personality.

But on a serious note, the reason I bring it up is that guys (especially dudes in their early twenties) are superficial creatures. It's nothing to be ashamed of, but especially at that age it's all about the primal instinct. You got to check yourself to see if just seeing an old girl friend didn't just spark some passion and a kind of "grass is greener" type of attitude. Emotions are some tricky shit, and if you try to rush in unprepared they'll bite you in the ass. Especially when you're committing to somebody at an early age. Even if you think you truly believe it, there's always the decent chance you'd be wrong (it's happened to me more than once).When I came out here, I thought the grass was greener. There was plenty of hot, fresh booty running around the ASU campus. After testing out the waters for the last 8 months, the grass ain't that green.

Personally, I'd just keep in contact, keep being good friends, and keep the relationship at that for awhile now. Make sure it isn't this weird lust type of shit, both of yall go on dating, and then maybe in six months or a year and you guys have still kept in touch you finish school and get back together. Getting into a long term relationship and then regretting it's a mother fucker, especially when you're getting into a long term relationship that you regret... and you're not getting laid. That's got killing spree written all over it.I've already invested four years in this relationship, and I don't regret a minute of it. If it is meant to be, it will work itself out.

OldDirtMcGirt
06-30-2007, 10:52 PM
If you're already invested four years into it, then you might as well reap some profits from your investment. Good luck to you. Long Beach ain't that far away, I typically drive up to San Diego once every other week so it isn't bad.

timvp
06-30-2007, 11:57 PM
But LDR with an ex?

That's selective memory, IMO.

This might end up being the best post in the thread.

TxJudsonRocketTx
07-01-2007, 05:13 AM

Norcal did you like how he acted he didnt see my post? :dizzy

TxJudsonRocketTx
07-01-2007, 05:24 AM

Norcal said it best :clap

Every thread I post in what do you do? I spend money on a computer because (A) I need a new one for school anyways, and (B) I play computer games as do millions of other people around the world do. So I make a thread for some help in putting it together and what do you do? Pop in to talk shit about it, talk about being a hypocrite. Every chance you get you to attempt to show everyone on here that you have some sort of life outside of this board, but I think everyone can see how big of a fuckin bum you are when 10/20 of the average post you make a day are little stabs at people like "Get a life forum" anytime someone that doesnt share your interest makes a thread. Do I pop into threads about the Kings or your homo albino rappers to talk shit? Or anyones threads for that matter just to insult them? :rolleyes Give me a break dude, talk about following people around. I dont own a PS3, just a 360 and the only games I really enjoy playing are NBA2K7 and Forza, so yeah most of my gaming time is spent on them. At least I do that shit during the day, youre on here pretty much 24/7, weekends and weekdays, and if youre not trying to talk shit to Norcal because he drives a girls car youre taking shots at someone else. Maybe someday I can be like you and bash people online, then make a thread where I sound like a bad 50 Cent love song. Your "owning" of me in the music for drones thread? You, Homoe, and Norcal ( who was black at the time) basically took the same retarded stances on everything and when you pick the shit you want to respond to :lol
Seriously answer the question, do you not have friends in real life that you can talk to about shit this personal?

Kori Ellis
07-01-2007, 06:26 AM
If you'd like to continue this, please take it to the troll forum.

Exactly.

If you guys feel more manly, for whatever reason, by cutting each other down, do it in the Troll forum. This thread is for actual discussion about long distance relationships.

Thanks.

Xolotl
07-01-2007, 09:10 AM
You two can do it if you're committed to each other....and yo man send me some eegees I'm going crazy here in TX without any

Moocher
07-01-2007, 09:21 AM
I'll go back to the troll forum before I ruffle some feathers in here.

mikejones99
07-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Leykis 101 can save your life. tune in now

TheSanityAnnex
07-01-2007, 09:19 PM
Leykis preaches fucking as many bitches as you can while you're still young, and waiting until you are older to settle down.................looks like I'm following his advice.

TSA's LDR Girlfriend
07-02-2007, 08:30 PM
TSA I was surfing the web when I saw this.

How sweet of you!!!!

Let's meet up this weekend and make some plans to live together.

Don't worry honey, you shouldn't be depressed! I haven't fucked any guys in California, yet.

FearDaDuncaN_SA
07-03-2007, 02:10 PM

There's a chance. It's just going to take a lot of work because it can get pretty tough. I know! I'm speaking from experience and compared with yours, let me just tell you that you have it way easier!
For one, once upon a time, I met the guy of my dreams. He was in the Army and we were separated by hundreds and hundreds of miles!!
Between my classes, his classes and Army life, we hardly ever saw each other. But, we talked on the phone almost every single day and emailed each other quite a bit.
When things were progressing and things were starting to get way more serious, I find out that he was going to Bosnia, for 8 months!!!
I cried like a baby because I thought that time away from him was going to rip apart whatever we had going on! I was just terrified out of my mind and I didnt want to loose him.
He had felt the same way as well.
He was like," Well, I'm not going to be around for the next couple of months and you're going to forget all about me with all those college boys hanging around. This voice? Forget about because you may not hear it, but a few times a month or sometimes not at all...."
:(
It hurt. I'm not going ot lie.
But, I told him that I didnt care. That I was a lot stronger than he thought I was.
And I was!
Trust me, we were sending microcassette tapes, back and forth, just so we could hear each other's voices.(It would take two weeks for them to get through!)
(Why didnt he call me, you ask? It was his job over there. He only got a chance to call me once a month, if he was lucky!)
And we missed out on birthdays together, some holidays and even Valentine's Day...sniffs...That was tough!
But, we loved each other.
We did the best we knew how and we made it work because sometimes, you just know that the other person is "the one."
Now, seven years of marriage later and one child together, we're still happy and content.
It's fun! I love this journey and wouldnt trade it for anything else!

It'll work.
It'll take effort.
But, it'll work if the both of you believe it's worth trying for...

GOOD LUCK!