PDA

View Full Version : 2008 Spurs = 2007 Heat?

Fast Dunk
06-30-2007, 12:14 AM
The Heat thought they could repeat with a geriatric group of guys but got swept by a young Bulls team in the first round.

This is starting to look the same for the lucky Spurs in 2008, because according to your genious GM the Spurs roster will remain intac.

What will your excuse be?

In 2006 was Duncan's Plantar fasciitis.

In 2004 was Robinson's retirement.

In 2000 was Duncan's knee.

It seems to me that every year the Spurs try to repeat they find an excuse for their inability to win back to back titles, which bring us to the debate Why you are not a Dynasty.

Just my 2 Cents.

PS save your lame comebacks about Cleveland not winning a title, getting swept.. etc...

Just face the facts. :toast

ShoogarBear
06-30-2007, 12:16 AM
2008 Cavs = 1971-2006 Cavs?

jman3000
06-30-2007, 12:17 AM
:lol

Trainwreck2100
06-30-2007, 12:17 AM
\
PS save your lame comebacks about Cleveland not winning a title, getting swept.. etc...

You're right they have yet to repeat, now I'm going to go wait in line for the championship DVD to drown my sorrows about the upcoming season.

Fast Dunk
06-30-2007, 12:24 AM

I told you to save your weak comeback

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 12:25 AM
Fail.

Fast Dunk
Fail.

:wtf

jman3000
that heat team was pretty much built for a 1-2 year run... this spurs team anchored around tim duncan has consistently been a title contender for the past decade.

ShoogarBear
06-30-2007, 12:29 AM
I told you to save your weak comebackMaybe if your opening wasn't so pathetic I could have done better.

Fast Dunk
06-30-2007, 12:30 AM
Maybe if your opening wasn't so pathetic I could have done better.

Really?

Nathan Explosion
06-30-2007, 12:31 AM
Sorry, but scoreboard is not a weak comeback, but an unbeatable argument.

Fact is, the Cavs would kill to be that Heat, let alone the Spurs. After all, both franchises have done something the Cavs haven't done, win the title.

dbreiden83080
06-30-2007, 12:37 AM
Buddy when you win 4 titles in 9 years everything else you do going forward is just gravy. The Spurs don't have to win a damn thing from here out to go down in the history books as one of the great runs the league has ever known. Do i want them to win it all next year, of course but they do not need to win by any means.

Nathan Explosion
06-30-2007, 12:39 AM
4 titles in 9 years is light years ahead of anything the Cavs have accomplished. So before you talk, maybe you should ask yourself what your team has done to get better so far.

ShoogarBear
06-30-2007, 12:40 AM
Nice pickups last night, Cavs.

Man of Steel
06-30-2007, 12:45 AM
Hey prick--

Still around?

Oh well--I guess you're kind of a slow learner.

I guess I'll have to restate my rebuttal so that portions of it might seep into that gray matter hiding inside your numbskull:

Note to asshole Cav moron:

1. '05 Pistons would have swept your fucking one-dimensional "team." BTW--hope you like the new Addidas commercials--if you haven't seen them to need to "witness" them.

2. Your biggest problem--keeping Queen Lebronze. Luckiest team in the history of the NBA Playoffs--your sorry ass "team." Series against injury depleted Wizard team--wow--fantastic achievement. How does it feel now that the Caves are being considered as being the WORST team to ever contend for an NBA title? Hey buddy--look at the bright side--the Caves are at the top of the list in at least one category.

3. Giving shit to Piston fans is fucking moronic--they will re-group and will be back in the Eastern Con finals AGAIN next year--the Caves--if they even get into the playoffs at all--will probably lose in the first round (who knows--may even get swept again).

4. Reading smack from a Cave fan? Damn! Like having George W. Bush lead a reading group.

5. Hope you enjoyed the Spurs celebration on your home floor a few weeks ago. Better get a copy of the Spurs Championship DVD--it will probably be another 40 years before you get in the NBA Finals again.

Conclusion:

Your team is fucked.

You're fucked.

Your city is fucked.

CLEVELAND SUCKS!

CLEVELAND SUCKS!

(Performed while Drew Carey jacks off to a poster of Queen Lebronze sucking Boobies boobs)

PS--"inept": See--Cleveland Cavaliers

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 12:46 AM
:wtf
http://i85.photobucket.com/albums/k48/Karma_Sutra_GFX/1182629987765.jpg

Phil Hellmuth
06-30-2007, 12:48 AM
GTFOHWTBS Dunkboy

Findog
06-30-2007, 12:49 AM
Duncan is 31, Manu is 30*, and Parker is 25. With that trio, they have a 3-4 year window left to stay in championship contention.

* Bald spot says 35.

dknights411
06-30-2007, 12:51 AM
The Heat thought they could repeat with a geriatric group of guys but got swept by a young Bulls team in the first round.

This is starting to look the same for the lucky Spurs in 2008, because according to your genious GM the Spurs roster will remain intac.

Outside of Duncan's knee, those are REALLY weak excuses. Don't you have anything else?

Fast Dunk
06-30-2007, 12:56 AM
Outside of Duncan's knee, those are REALLY weak excuses. Don't you have anything else?

I didn't make those up.

Spurs fans did

Fast Dunk
06-30-2007, 12:57 AM
Duncan is 31, Manu is 30*, and Parker is 25. With that trio, they have a 3-4 year window left to stay in championship contention.

* Bald spot says 35.

By any chance, have you checked the role players age?

Fast Dunk
06-30-2007, 12:58 AM
Nice pickups last night, Cavs.

What did the Spurs pick last year?

Oh! wait..NOTHING!

Fast Dunk
06-30-2007, 12:59 AM
Buddy when you win 4 titles in 9 years everything else you do going forward is just gravy. The Spurs don't have to win a damn thing from here out to go down in the history books as one of the great runs the league has ever known. Do i want them to win it all next year, of course but they do not need to win by any means.

Yes they do....

Findog
06-30-2007, 01:00 AM
By any chance, have you checked the role players age?

Who gives a shit? I hate to defend a team I despise, but look at the 99 roster, the 03 roster, the 05 roster. Jaren Jackson, Speedy Claxton and Beno Udrih are not the reason this team has four titles. I'll give you a hint: First name starts with a T and last name starts with a D. And he's only 31.

Leetonidas
I didn't make those up.

Spurs fans did
2004 had nothing to do with Robinson's retirement. It was .4 that did us in, but we did choke that series away.

conqueso
Maybe if Duncan has a crippling injury near the end of the season and the Spurs limp into the playoffs they will be like the '07 Heat. Otherwise, comparisons to the worst team to win a championship in 20 years are not merited. Injuries can change everything, but the Spurs are not nearly as old as the Heat were this year. Plus, in '06, the "excuse" wasn't TD's plantar fasciitis...he was nasty against Dallas in the playoffs. It was "small ball" that killed us (at least according to some people here).

dbreiden83080
06-30-2007, 01:19 AM
Yes they do....

Wow that was insightful please Einstein tell us why they have to win more titles from here out after bitch slapping your Cavs for the 4th title in 9 years??

ShoogarBear
06-30-2007, 01:21 AM

Oh! wait..NOTHING!Yeah, really killed their season, didn't it?

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2007, 01:24 AM

Oh! wait..NOTHING!
It turned out to be a good decision didn't it? :smokin

CosmicCowboy
06-30-2007, 01:32 AM

It seems to me that every year the Spurs try to repeat they find an excuse for their inability to win back to back titles, which bring us to the debate Why you are not a Dynasty.

Just my 2 Cents.

You might just want to face the facts and start scouting up and comer high school players to replace LeBron when he opts out.

You are pretty brave/stupid to come in here running "over the hill" smack against the team that just swept you out of the playoffs when you had ZERO draft picks and no feasible trade options to improve that didn't involve LeBroom.

Fast Dunk
06-30-2007, 01:34 AM
You might just want to face the facts and start scouting up and comer high school players to replace LeBron when he opts out.

You are pretty brave/stupid to come in here running "over the hill" smack against the team that just swept you out of the playoffs when you had ZERO draft picks and no feasible trade options to improve that didn't involve LeBroom.

Huh?

We made it to the Finals with this roster

T Park
06-30-2007, 01:36 AM
Save the lame comebacks? uh ok.

The Spurs won a ring with that team, and the Spurs main components that won it, are young and coming back.

The Heat were far and away older, and their team was not built for multiple runs like this team is.

Although, if the Spurs don't make a move this summer, as is, this team prob wont be good enough to beat the mavericks.

Although, everyone on their team should start to lessen a bit, what being a year older and all

T Park
06-30-2007, 01:37 AM
Huh?

That roster, is not gonna beat the new Bulls.

With the addition of Noah, and others, the bulls would wail the Cavaliers.

Better hope Danny Ferry has an ace up his sleeve.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2007, 01:38 AM
Huh?

So even though you made it to the Finals with this roster(and lost :toast ), you'd want to keep the roster as it is?

Fast Dunk
06-30-2007, 01:43 AM

The Spurs won a ring with that team, and the Spurs main components that won it, are young and coming back.

The Heat were far and away older, and their team was not built for multiple runs like this team is.

Although, if the Spurs don't make a move this summer, as is, this team prob wont be good enough to beat the mavericks.

Although, everyone on their team should start to lessen a bit, what being a year older and all

Isn't you the one who was crying about the Spurs not doing well in the draft?

You are obnoxious!

Fast Dunk
06-30-2007, 01:44 AM

Actually the Spurs were older than the Heat.

mavs>spurs2
06-30-2007, 01:44 AM
So even though you made it to the Finals with this roster(and lost :toast ), you'd want to keep the roster as it is?

It's usually better to leave your team intact when u come that close. The Mavericks are the only exception because you can't really overcome chocking if it's in you.

CosmicCowboy
06-30-2007, 01:45 AM
Huh?

:lmao:lmao:lmao:lmao

Have you bought your tickets to the "Eastern Conference Champions" ring ceremony?

God you are such a tool.

Even as weak as the East was this year everyone else besides the Cavs are retooling to get better. Cavs are going nowhere. Even the KNICKS are gonna get better LOL. Not to mention the teams you should reall be worrying about like the Bulls, Celtics, and Magic.

Fast Dunk
06-30-2007, 01:48 AM
It's usually better to leave your team intact when u come that close. The Mavericks are the only exception because you can't really overcome chocking if it's in you.

Why not, maybe a little tweaking

dbreiden83080
06-30-2007, 01:49 AM
Actually the Spurs were older than the Heat.

The 3 main pieces Tim, Manu and Tony are in their prime and with Tony still getting better as a player they can still win another title or 2 but after 4 they certainly don't need to.

Fast Dunk
06-30-2007, 02:17 AM
The 3 main pieces Tim, Manu and Tony are in their prime and with Tony still getting better as a player they can still win another title or 2 but after 4 they certainly don't need to.

Keep telling that to yourself.

Viva Las Espuelas
06-30-2007, 02:32 AM
Huh?

We made it to the Finals with this rosterso did the 2006 Mavs, but I guess you already know that since you followed suit. well........... starting from game 3 last year. http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/donkey.gif

lebomb
06-30-2007, 07:36 AM

Just my 2 Cents.

I can give you a reason ...........................................

STFU! :rolleyes

samikeyp
06-30-2007, 07:51 AM
Huh?

"You" wouldn't have made it out of the second round in the West.

All that matters is winning the championship, period. This season the Spurs did that.

Case closed.

NBA Junkie
06-30-2007, 08:46 AM
I bet the Spurs don't lose at home by 40 on ring night.

SAGambler
06-30-2007, 09:17 AM

Oh! wait..NOTHING!

And apparently they didn't have a need to pick up anything...

But oh how the fans here cried and moaned when they didn't. And then the trade deadline came and went and still no pick ups....Woe is the Spurs was the cry heard on the board.

LOL......Then came playoff time and "Believe" suddenly showed up. Suddenly it looked like the FO knew what they were doing all along.

Ya Vez
06-30-2007, 09:49 AM
http://www.geocities.com/gne/spurcc.jpg

:king

ArgSpursFan
06-30-2007, 10:26 AM
the lucky Spurs

:lmao

IceColdBrewski
06-30-2007, 11:03 AM
PS save your lame comebacks...

If you'd stop with the weak trolling efforts, you wouldn't have to worry about lame comebacks.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2007, 11:10 AM
We made it to the Finals with this roster.
You didn't make it to the Finals. The Cavs made it to the Finals.

Cleveland Steamer
06-30-2007, 11:25 AM

Just my 2 Cents.

pwnage

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2007, 11:30 AM
pwnage
:lmao

IceColdBrewski
06-30-2007, 11:33 AM
pwnage

Ownage is a Larry O'Brien Trophy. Where's yours?

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Does it get boring, that throughout your years at SpursTalk, you just change your screen name and team name so that you can continue to troll?'

:sleep

exstatic
06-30-2007, 11:46 AM
Does it get boring, that throughout your years at SpursTalk, you just change your screen name and team name so that you can continue to troll?'

It must be pretty entertaining to continually cast the line out there, and get Spurs fans to bite on his bullshit.

SpursChampsIII
06-30-2007, 11:52 AM

Your fuckin post was weak, boy. You come in here and talk shit after your team got SWEPT off the fuckin court. Keep trolling on here and you'll get the bitch slapping you're looking for, like your overrated team did. Scoreboard, sucka!

himat
06-30-2007, 11:55 AM
Are you seriously comparing the Spurs to the Heat?

2008 Cavs = 1999 Knicks. Demolished by the Spurs, and never heard from again.

spurastic
06-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Fast Dunk --you're pathetic.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2007, 12:02 PM

:tu

Fast Dunk
07-01-2007, 03:46 AM

whatever!

I still own you.

Budkin
07-01-2007, 03:54 AM
What's your excuse douchebag?

anakha
07-01-2007, 08:04 AM
...save your lame comebacks...

whatever!

I still own you.

Maybe we'd actually take your trolling more seriously if you'd quit owning yourself. :lol

CubanMustGo
07-01-2007, 08:49 AM
whatever!

I still own you.

Is that why you have to keep changing IDs, or is it because you keep owning yourself?

PS - 4 rings >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> self-pwnage. Most would know that, but given the pitiful quality of your efforts, I'm not sure you could figure it out.

florige
07-01-2007, 09:51 AM

Just my 2 Cents.

You are one and a million fast. I actually like you better than some other trolls.

florige
07-01-2007, 10:02 AM
It must be pretty entertaining to continually cast the line out there, and get Spurs fans to bite on his bullshit.

Hey man leave fastdunk... or whomever the heck this person really is alone. Probably sits around and wonders, how can I get them to bite today? Then when one of his ass-tinine threads happens to make it to the "hot" column he can brag to his/her friends over a beer on their accomplishment. Probably is the highlight of the weekend. :lol

cherylsteele
07-01-2007, 11:07 AM
If you wanted a better comeback, you should have made a better thread.
2007 Cavs = 03 -04 Grizzlies....both got swept by the Spurs in the playoffs.

O-Factor
07-01-2007, 11:40 AM

:toast

You were obviously ignorant in thinking you could even win a game against us in the Finals, and you are obviously ignorant about the Spurs repeating. Thats alright, you think we(spurs fan) give two drops of piss what you think? You are just a SORE LOSER, and I laugh at your and your lame post. It'l be Spurs/Heat in next years finals. Face it, you got in because of Wades injury. You got lucky...

zrinkill
07-01-2007, 11:41 AM

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

SpursDynasty
07-01-2007, 11:46 AM

Just my 2 Cents.

Well, this would be the ideal fallback for disappointed fans whose team lost. But being a "real dynasty" is an abstract issue on its own. We're concerned about championships, not dynasties. Any team that works as hard as the Spurs is bound to run into problems, injuries, etc. But during all that bumping and getting hurt, they've grinded 3 championships out of it. Any team that wants to sit all comfortable and nice, and spend their time shooting a bunch of jump shots and hoping they get the lucky bounce (Dallas, Phoenix, Cleveland), will look "young" in the regular season only to be eliminated in the playoffs. Spurs don't need any excuses for their non-title years. What is there to prove when they've won three out of the last five?

Don't come on this board and try to spoil stuff just because LeBron couldn't deliver or Daniel Gibson didn't break out into the star that everybody thought he would be.

Edit: And yeah, Cleveland wouldn't have gotten to the Finals if Wade didn't have that shoulder injury that limited him.

703 Spurz
07-01-2007, 11:48 AM

Just my 2 Cents.

Dude I've heard all kinds of shit talking from all kinds of people, but if this is your version of talking shit, just take a minute to stop what you'e doing and read what you write.

It appears that you're talking shit about the fact that we haven't won back to back titles and that we are not a dynasty. Nevermind winning 4 titles in 9 years, that must be bad right?

You really can't/shouldn't talk shit to us man. You really shouldn't even be allowed. We've been the best team the last 10 years. But then again you're only hear to talk shit and fuck with people.

Especially coming from a supposed Cavs fan. Your team didn't do shit

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-01-2007, 11:50 AM
he actually has a point, while every team is going to get better

the Spurs are content with staying with this old ass roster

FREE SCOLA

703 Spurz
07-01-2007, 11:53 AM
pwnage

When your team wins the title and people still come to talk shit about you, you have to ask yourself "what the hell has to happen for this douchebags to stfu?".

Apparently nothing. You could win 10 titles in a row and someone somewhere would still say you sucked.

It's a waste of time

mjnxn
07-01-2007, 11:58 AM
Yeah--not saying that the Spurs will repeat, but unless we're willing to fork over some dough to get Scola/Pietrus/Wallace etc., teams will upgrade their roster to match up better with us.

It's happened every year we've won the title. Anyobody remember 2000? The Lakers upgraded by adding a HOF coach, and the Blazers were a nightmare matchup that next year after adding Steve Smith, Scottie Pippen, & Detlef Schrimpf. Although Tim got injured in the first round, these two teams gave us hell in the regular season. I doubt we'd have gotten past them.

Aren't we forgetting how the Lakers added Karl Malone and Gary Payton in '04? Sure, they didn't win the entire thing, but they did beat us 4 times straight in the playoffs.

What about 2006? The mavs added pieces that would allow them to go small, and coach Johnson knew our strengths and our weaknesses. Result? Game 7 hearbreaking loss.

The one thing all these years have in common is our FO was stubborn not to add a good FA or anybody that could make an immediate impact. They were content with the group that won.

SpursDynasty
07-01-2007, 12:03 PM
Yeah--not saying that the Spurs will repeat, but unless we're willing to fork over some dough to get Scola/Pietrus/Wallace etc., teams will upgrade their roster to match up better with us.

It's happened every year we've won the title. Anyobody remember 2000? The Lakers upgraded by adding a HOF coach, and the Blazers were a nightmare matchup that next year after adding Steve Smith, Scottie Pippen, & Detlef Schrimpf. Although Tim got injured in the first round, these two teams gave us hell in the regular season. I doubt we'd have gotten past them.

Aren't we forgetting how the Lakers added Karl Malone and Gary Payton in '04? Sure, they didn't win the entire thing, but they did beat us 4 times straight in the playoffs.

What about 2006? The mavs added pieces that would allow them to go small, and coach Johnson knew our strengths and our weaknesses. Result? Game 7 hearbreaking loss.

The one thing all these years have in common is our FO was stubborn not to add a good FA or anybody that could make an immediate impact. They were content with the group that won.

The question isn't if those teams beat us, but how much they beat us by...

In other words, the Mavs could get four one-point victories in the regular season and still lose in the playoffs to the Spurs.

A Game 7 Mavs victory wasn't the "passing of the torch" that the entire world made it out to be. It was an overtime victory, more of a victory in which Dallas barely squeaked by, not dominated the old Spurs.

Same thing with the Lakers. It was a squeak by series decided on less than half of a second.

mjnxn
07-01-2007, 12:10 PM
Same thing with the Lakers. It was a squeak by series decided on less than half of a second.

Maybe the Mavs series was closer, but we were blown out TWICE in two of those LA losses before .4

And even then, we were getting spanked in the .4 game before we made the comeback. Same goes with game 7 vs. Mavs.

Avitus1
07-01-2007, 12:15 PM

Just my 2 Cents.

My excuse will be LeBron being so good.

judaspriestess
07-01-2007, 12:40 PM
I'd rather have some old guys who can last longer than some younger guys who shoot their wad quickly.

in other words:

" 'We were older than dirt,' " Popovich remembered hearing about his team. " 'We needed to get this guy, or that guy, on the perimeter to get something done.' "

So he walked into the locker room one day and told his team, "We're not going to make a trade. We're not looking for a savior. It's right here in this room."-Gregg Popovich

Thanks sixthman for posting this incredible quote.

Money316
07-01-2007, 01:04 PM
short, sweet and to the point.

Blast that bitch.

Money316
07-01-2007, 01:09 PM

* Bald spot says 35.
These motherfuckers may be in their 30's but least they didn't bend over and punk out like a bunch salad tossing bitches like Dallas.

Money316
07-01-2007, 01:11 PM

1999 Knicks ... another salad tossing bunch of wimps.

florige
07-01-2007, 07:04 PM
The question isn't if those teams beat us, but how much they beat us by...

In other words, the Mavs could get four one-point victories in the regular season and still lose in the playoffs to the Spurs.

A Game 7 Mavs victory wasn't the "passing of the torch" that the entire world made it out to be. It was an overtime victory, more of a victory in which Dallas barely squeaked by, not dominated the old Spurs.

I understand you completley on the Manvs thing in 06. It sorta reminds me when MJ first came back and Orlando knocked them out in round 2 of the playoffs and everyone and their grandmother were saying that Jordan had lost a step... Three titles later I wonder where all those people were. We were forced to play a different game we are accustomed to and still only lost on a stupid foul.

florige
07-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Maybe the Mavs series was closer, but we were blown out TWICE in two of those LA losses before .4

And even then, we were getting spanked in the .4 game before we made the comeback. Same goes with game 7 vs. Mavs.

So were the Lakers against Portland in the 4th quarter when they were down by 17 and made an outstanding comeback. Most good teams go through brain farts. Bottom line we should have won that game and that series. LA did have our number for a minute, but the games before .4 we massacred them. .4 all but did us in.

InRareForm
09-10-2018, 12:08 PM

🍺

exstatic
09-10-2018, 12:26 PM
And today's zombie thread award goes to InRareForm.

phxspurfan
09-10-2018, 01:42 PM

:lol

I bet the Spurs don't lose at home by 40 on ring night.

savage