PDA

View Full Version : The make Ruffy feel better thread.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-30-2007, 01:04 AM
I'm rarely self-obsessed around here, but right now I am miserable.

I have been holed up in my apartment for the last five days with a cold and I think I'm going a little crazy. Do you ever feel on the edge of panic, like your heart is racing, but for no good reason? I've got that now... it may be the pseudoephedrine, but whatever it is it's not really much fun...

Done a lot of reflecting on my life, as you generally do when you're sick, and things are going well - I am doing what I want career-wise, I have no financial worries, lots of great friends and family, and yet I still feel empty and depressed... and feeling that way makes me feel even worse because I have so much to be thankful for. And I am thankful. But I still feel like crap right now.

I just remembered, this is what mild (as against real, clinical, chronic) depression feels like. I guess it's just the cold and the medicine and the loneliness.

:depressed

And now I'm listening to Coldplay's X and Y which reminds me of the girl I should've married and that is making me feel worse (sometimes I find music like this kicks me out of the spiral, but not today, today is a wallowing day).

/sad rant.

Boris
06-30-2007, 01:06 AM
Tomorrow the sun will rise so make the best of it amd the rest will follow.

nsrammstein
06-30-2007, 01:08 AM
You'll get through this don't worry, you are depressed because you haven't been outside in a while and you don't have nothing to think about that happened recently so you're remembering all those times you fucked up when you were younger; It's normal and a lot of people suffer from it.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-30-2007, 01:12 AM
Indeed.

mrsmaalox
06-30-2007, 01:13 AM
I say pop a Zoloft, turn off that music and put on something hilarious like Ron Burgandy or Flight of the Conchords!! Yes one of the symptoms of clinical depression is wanting to perpetuate that "mood".

nsrammstein
06-30-2007, 01:16 AM
I say pop a Zoloft, turn off that music and put on something hilarious like Ron Burgandy or Flight of the Conchords!! Yes one of the symptoms of clinical depression is wanting to perpetuate that "mood".

nah he needs something better, go talk to your mom or go have a drink with your old man and talk about life.

T Park
06-30-2007, 01:17 AM
actually a good thing to do?

Pop a benadryl, and go out and have dinner. See a movie.

Get out of the house.

Trust me. Getting out of the house, getting your mind off of stuff, works great.

DDS4
06-30-2007, 01:21 AM
When you're not on the meds that make you drowsy, hop in the car, pick your favorite road and drive around. Works for me.

If you're sports inclined, go to the driving range, batting cage, or play a pickup game.

nsrammstein
06-30-2007, 01:21 AM
''poping'' any kind of drug could worsen his depression. Just get out of the house thats the best medecine right now.

jaffies
06-30-2007, 01:30 AM
feel better:

http://roberdo.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/10/beer.jpg

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-30-2007, 01:34 AM
Don't really want to go anywhere because I'm still sick, and I hate being the guy who gives the illness to everyone. In fact, I simply won't be that guy.

But I will change the music.

Thanks.

Oh, and jaffies, is that for nrammstein or me??? :lol

nsrammstein
06-30-2007, 01:36 AM
Ich hätte gerin ein kaltes bier!

nsrammstein
06-30-2007, 01:37 AM
But I will change the music.

nsrammstein recommends - Feuer Frei!

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 06:14 AM
I said this to you in another thread when you mentioned something about it ...

Some new, improved better woman is waiting on the horizon for you. Don't wallow around and miss her.

Even if you are feeling sick, you should force yourself to go out and get air and see people. I doubt you are that contagious by now. And don't let women get you down, one day you will find a different one that will make you forget anyone else before her existed.

kris
06-30-2007, 09:31 AM
Follow the George Castanza theory - if everything I'm doing is wrong, then the opposite must be right. Meaning you obviously aren't doing something right so alter your habits in some way.

You gain some weight and keep up this type of posting, you're going to become a high-tech Bill Doughtree.

tsb2000
06-30-2007, 10:13 AM
Like Kori said, you've got to make yourself get up and get outside; be somewhere with other people if you can.

-and change the music. :)

All kidding aside, if this doesn't let up, make sure you see a doctor. I've got a daughter who has a lot of similar problems, and it's nothing to ignore.

Take care of yourself, mate.

hello13
06-30-2007, 10:44 AM
I get a panic/nervous feeling when I am alone and cooped up with nothing to do sometimes in my apartment.

I go out and get some air...go for a walk....or just find something to do with my friends.

Movies, dinner, starbucks, bar...whatever.

NorCal510
06-30-2007, 11:03 AM
Karma is a bitch... you shouldn't have made fun of my car.

I just got off a cold and it just passed on to you.

NameDropper
06-30-2007, 11:42 AM
Life. Deal with it.

angel_luv
06-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Sorry to hear you are not feeling well.
Some of the depressed feelings you are having may be a side effect of the allergy medicine you are taking. I know that I am very sensitive and even the over the counter stuff makes me feel dreary if I take too much of it.

Some suggestions for you.
Taking a walk, even if it is just a short one, is something that helps me when I am sick.
Also try a funny movie- helps with boredom and lifts the spirits.

I will say a prayer that you feel better. :)

LuvBones
06-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Ruff are you a Christian?

exstatic
06-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Fantastic, fresh ground, on the bean coffee, and Beatles CDs.

whottt
06-30-2007, 07:42 PM
Here's what always works for me:

Go get 4 fresh beets(with stalks intact), some jikama root, garlic and cayenne. Mix and drink. Then got get an ounce of coke, a 1/4lb of marijuana, a eitht ball of meth, about 2000 ml of morphine or heroine, a liter of absinthe, and about 2 or 3 bottles of Jaegrmeister.... add 3 hookers and a llama...mix and enjoy :). As well...if you can find a local gunstore you might want to drive(be sure to drive after cosuming all the herbs and spices....it'll force you to focus on something other than your depressing problems) and go get some firearms to shoot off just for the hell of it. You might also want to buy a stun gun at the gunstore...because if there are any lagging depressive symptoms, you can always shock yourself in the nuts and benefit from the extremely powerful anti-depressive properties of pure electricity. This is what always works for me...it's just about guranteed ;)

PS: It seems like you get sick slightly more than average...so you might want to take some vitamin C and eat some green leafy veggies every once in a while to boost your immune system

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-30-2007, 11:11 PM
Kris - as I stated in the OP, this is a once off thread. No repeats.

tsb - I know about clinical depression, thanks for the concern. I helped that girl I referred to above through it. This is just related to the cold, the meds, the depressing thought that I've been single for 2 years now...

Norcal - you shouldn't care what people think of your car, just be thankful you have it.

Namedropper - no shit. Thanks for stating the obvious.

Angel - thanks sweety. I feel a lot better today. :)

Luvbones - no. I'm a scientist and a heathen.

whottt - thanks, great cure... did everything but the weaponry and i'm feeling much better today! As for getting sick a lot, not normally. In fact before this I hadn't had a cold/flu for 2 years - the thing I got in California was obviously from the water, and in SA I had Cedar Fever (thought I had the flu, but it disappeared when i went to New York). I eat lots of fresh food and live a very healthy lifestyle, but thanks for the tip.

Feeling a lot better today folks, thank you all for the support, I really appreciate it. :tu :)

OldDirtMcGirt
06-30-2007, 11:18 PM
I've been sick as a dog these past couple of days, so I can sympathize somewhat. My recommendation, smoke a ton of weed, listen to Iron Flag by Wu, and watch old Kevin Johnson highlight tapes that you made in high school. At least that's what I'm doing.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
07-01-2007, 12:11 AM
I've been sick as a dog these past couple of days, so I can sympathize somewhat. My recommendation, smoke a ton of weed, listen to Iron Flag by Wu, and watch old Kevin Johnson highlight tapes that you made in high school. At least that's what I'm doing.

:lol Nice. :)

I bet you've got the Barkley 22fter over Robinson in 1993 (1994?) too... :depressed

BTW, apparently you are contagious with the cold as long as you are showing symptoms:

http://cold.emedtv.com/common-cold/common-cold-contagious-period.html

I need to go for a drive. Later.