06-30-2007, 02:30 AM
Yi Jianlian (EE TEE-an-LEE-an)

Yi Jinlian Drafted #6 Overall 2007 NBA Draft
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iR5SM5Vo0Vk

http://www.thefirst.cn/mmsource/image/2007-6-30/2007-06-30news010005_5.jpg

Full Name: Yi Jianlian
Position: Forward
Height/Weight: 7-0/ 238
Birthdate: October 27, 1987 (He Shan, Guang Dong, China)
High School:

Team: Guandong Southern Tigers (China)

Career Highlights: Has competed in the last five Chinese Basketball Association (CBA) Finals, and won titles in 2004, 2005 and 2006. Earned Finals MVP in 2006. Competed for the Chinese National Team at the 2004 Olympics and 2006 FIBA World Championship. Earned CBA Rookie of the Year in 2003.

(2006-07): Averaged 24.9 points, 11.5 rebounds and 1.8 blocks in 30.7 minutes per game in the CBA for Guandong. Posted 20 points and 23 rebounds vs. Zhe Jiang, a season-high 42 points (18-for-23 FGs) and 13 rebounds vs. Shanghai, 31 points and 18 rebounds vs. Shandong, 40 points (17-for-26 FGs) and 13 rebounds vs. Beijing, 35 points and 12 rebounds vs. Liao Ning, 38 points (14-for-19 FGs) and 10 rebounds vs. Shanghai, and 32 points (14-for-18 FGs) and 17 rebounds vs. Shanghai. Led Guandong to the CBA Finals, losing in five games to Bayi.

Yi Jianlian top ten dunk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TxHjuRoTLxA

http://img.q2w.cn/2007-1/122515705.jpg

http://cimg2.163.com/catchpic/3/33/3353BDD87F586E1AB5AFC871D56000B6.jpg

http://www.8mx.com/tiyumingxing/yijianlian/pic_54807.jpg

http://pic1.agenow.com/tmp/0603/29/0053504014315.jpg

http://news.zj.com/sports/img/822545_1.jpg

CosmicCowboy
06-30-2007, 02:38 AM
*yawn*

Little Wang will join a rapidly growing list of underachieving Chinese big men in the NBA.

Thunder Dan
06-30-2007, 08:43 AM
Fuck that guy. He needs to shut the hell up about not wanting to play for the Bucks. He said he won't go anywhere thats not a large market...what a douche. He hasn't done anything yet, he is still a nobody. He should be happy we let him into our country to play basketball in the first place. I hope this asshole breaks his leg and never sets foot on a NBA court. It's one thing if your actually good to demand where you go..but you didn't see Durant or Oden being a prick like this guy. Fuck him

BacktoBasics
06-30-2007, 09:13 AM
He can suck my Wang.

MrChug
06-30-2007, 09:24 AM
Fuck that bitch. First the bitch tries to take a more "Western style of play" (I swear his publicist or agent or whoever said that on a piece on him) by dunking more and yelling, and now he want's to emulate these whiny crybaby bitch ass athletes by HOLDING OUT???

Fuck him in his Chinese ass with a 2X4. He'll flop.

BacktoBasics
06-30-2007, 09:48 AM
I can't imagine someone who puts such an emphasis on marketability would be stupid enough to alienate the core group of NBA fans by being a little bitch.

spurs_fan_in_exile
06-30-2007, 10:02 AM
I can't imagine someone who puts such an emphasis on marketability would be stupid enough to alienate the core group of NBA fans by being a little bitch.

To be fair, he's doing precisely what Kobe Bryant did. It's hard to picture Kobe being a big leader in endorsements and visibility in Charlotte instead of LA. Bryant managed to pout his way out of there without alienating too many fans it seems.

With that said, I in agreement with most everyone here that this is a total bitch move. You declare for the draft you are rolling the dice on where you land just as much as teams are rolling the dice on you. I doubt any management group is going to have the balls to do it but I'd love to see them step up and tell this prick, "You play here or you find out just how marketable you are after rotting on the inactive list for three years."

Thunder Dan
06-30-2007, 10:14 AM
Lebron didn't bitch about going to Cleveland, and Lebron is 100x the player this douche bag is. Who gives a shit about marketability, you can market anything in China. Case in point: Damon Jones has his own shoes sold only in China. Damon Jones is a big star in China. I mean that just proves ANYONE can be marketed over there.

Damon Jones Shoes (http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/2006/01/damon_its_the_s.html)

peskypesky
06-30-2007, 10:41 AM
I fucking hate this douchebag already. Who the fuck does he think he is? He thinks he's too good to play for the Bucks? You know what, Mr. Prima Donna, why don't you come here and prove you're too good for the Bucks before you start acting like the bitch you are? Grrrrrrrrrr.

MrChug
06-30-2007, 11:14 AM
Lebron didn't bitch about going to Cleveland, and Lebron is 100x the player this douche bag is. Who gives a shit about marketability, you can market anything in China. Case in point: Damon Jones has his own shoes sold only in China. Damon Jones is a big star in China. I mean that just proves ANYONE can be marketed over there.

Damon Jones Shoes (http://theassociation.blogs.com/the_association/2006/01/damon_its_the_s.html)

Well...I guess, but not but Lebron WAS from Ohio. I guess he couldn't bitch (at least from the "marketing possibilities" and money point of view) tooooooo much about staying in his home state. It's good for the image.

I guess my frustration is that these fucks playing a fucking game (it's not like they're saving lives or anything) and GET TO PICK who gives them their millions? "No, I don't want YOU to write me the checks and make me a star, I want THAT team or THAT team to write me million dollar checks". :madrun

TheSanityAnnex
06-30-2007, 02:17 PM
I didn't realize he was so quick and mobile. He'll be interesting to watch in the NBA.......he could either be a huge bust or a star.

NorCal510
06-30-2007, 02:22 PM
pics, tsa

SpursIndonesia
06-30-2007, 02:42 PM
Actually, Milwaukee is a decent place for him not to be 'Milicized' by the coach. You can always leave a few yrs down the road after upping your market value. Stupid move by his management -i really doubt that Yi is so keen in this matter himself, but he ain't Yao in term of attitude & mentality, so i can't really tell.

lordswing
06-30-2007, 03:36 PM
Stupid move by his management -i really doubt that Yi is so keen in this matter himself, but he ain't Yao in term of attitude & mentality, so i can't really tell.

My thoughts exactly, I don't think he's pulling a Kobe or Franchise, but rather his managers are doing all the talking. China definitely wants to milk every last possible buck they can, and expand their style of basketball. I honestly think Yi just wants to play in the NBA.

MaNuMaNiAc
06-30-2007, 03:58 PM
Crappy attitude aside, he seems to be pretty good. Hopefully he'll get a chance somewhere. I don't think it will be the Bucks though. Would they even want him after this?

mffl89
06-30-2007, 05:36 PM
Why do people always bash this guy when it's not even him who has the problem?
It was his manager and the Chinese government who did not allow the Bucks to attend his workouts. NOT HIM.
Please find some facts before accusing others of doing something that they didn't.
I'm amazed at how many ignorant individuals there are on this board.

"At his media session a few minutes later, Yi tempered some of the controversy by saying through an interpreter, "I'm not familiar with [Milwaukee], as well, but I'm happy to play with the team and I'm happy to play in the NBA."

A reporter pressed Yi further, wondering if he was "for sure" going to Milwaukee to play. "Yes, I think so," he replied."

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/luke_winn/06/29/draft.scenes/index.html

Rapper
07-01-2007, 12:35 PM

As a Chinese,I live in China right now

But I don't know who the hell is Damon Jones.. :spin

I just know Tim Duncan.,.KG, kobe..Lebron..Wade,Shaq, Ben Wallace

Tony Parker..Ginobili..T-MAC..Yao..Jason kidd..and Ray Allen.. PP

Chris paul..oden..nash,,Amere..Nowitzki..Gasol..Jason terry,R-Wallace
B-Davis..E-Brand..AI(the answer)..Chris Webber..Micheal Redd

Horry, Billups, Rips, Camby..J-O' Neal,

Vince Carter,,agent zero..Boozer..as well as “Yi” ...such as these guys

These guys are very famous NBA stars in my home country

so who told you that Damon Jones is a big star in China?

As far as I’m concerned, also, Shaq has his own shoes sold in China

So you mean Shaq = Damon Jones.. ??

I've never heard Who the hell is Damon Jones???

Is he an assistant coach in D-league???

itzsoweezee
07-01-2007, 01:11 PM
this guy is going to be awesome. i don't give a shit about the other stuff.

mikejones99
07-01-2007, 05:17 PM
no asians would ever want to live in detroit or milwaukee. too many rascist fux in them places. He should get traded to Warriors or Spurs

OldDirtMcGirt
07-01-2007, 05:29 PM
I think that Yi has a very good game, and people are being way to hard on this guy. I doubt if he has anything to do with the trade demands, alot of it seems to be coming from the Chinese government and his handlers.

mikejones99
07-01-2007, 05:36 PM
aSians are smarter that is why China will soon take over the world and this guy should hold out for lakers, houston, gs, phx or San Antonio

Thunder Dan
07-01-2007, 06:11 PM

he has his own shoes sold only in China

pwilliam
07-01-2007, 10:30 PM

I doubt you are really living in China. Even as a Chinese in Hong Kong, I heard the news that Damon Jones has his shoes selling under the Li-ning brand. In case you didn't know, Li-ning won 4 Olympics gold medals and now is a successful businessman. :lol

Rapper
07-01-2007, 10:52 PM
I doubt you are really living in China. Even as a Chinese in Hong Kong, I heard the news that Damon Jones has his shoes selling under the Li-ning brand. In case you didn't know, Li-ning won 4 Olympics gold medals and now is a successful businessman. :lol

大家都係中國人..我都係香港人..我串佢者

你睇唔睇得明我d中文呀??

sorry..this is Chinese

Admidave50
07-02-2007, 06:11 AM
Stop the hate, don't act like a stupid american who messed up all the info and starts believing bullshit [/of course Bush didn't go to Irak to steal the oil, he went to save poor people, God bless America]

Shank
07-02-2007, 10:59 AM
What the hell?

monosylab1k
07-02-2007, 11:12 AM
LOL at the douchebags on this thread...

"FUCK THIS CHINESE FUCKER UP HIS LARGE 7 FOOT CHINESE ASS! HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY FOR MILWAUKEE WELL FUCK HIM! FUCK HIM HARD! HE CAN'T FUCK BACK CUZ HE HAS A TINY ASIAN WANG!! HAHAHA WANG! IT'S A CHINESE NAME AND ANOTHER WORD FOR PENIS! HAHAHAHAHA! I AM CLEVER WITH MY DOUBLE MEANINGS!!! HAHAHA WHAT A STUPID WANG!!! WANG WANG WANG!!! FUCK HIM FOR PULLING THIS PRIMA DONNA BULLSHIT.....what? he didn't make these demands? it was his management and the chinese government? he doesn't care where he plays and is happy to play for the Bucks.......oh....."

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-02-2007, 11:15 AM

"FUCK THIS CHINESE FUCKER UP HIS LARGE 7 FOOT CHINESE ASS! HE DOESN'T WANT TO PLAY FOR MILWAUKEE WELL FUCK HIM! FUCK HIM HARD! HE CAN'T FUCK BACK CUZ HE HAS A TINY ASIAN WANG!! HAHAHA WANG! IT'S A CHINESE NAME AND ANOTHER WORD FOR PENIS! HAHAHAHAHA! I AM CLEVER WITH MY DOUBLE MEANINGS!!! HAHAHA WHAT A STUPID WANG!!! WANG WANG WANG!!! FUCK HIM FOR PULLING THIS PRIMA DONNA BULLSHIT.....what? he didn't make these demands? it was his management and the chinese government? he doesn't care where he plays and is happy to play for the Bucks.......oh....."

We're just going to make this the first post people should read when they register. :lol

gus
07-02-2007, 12:21 PM
I ve seen Argentina third team destroy by 40 point those Chineses with Yi in the Stankovic Cup.

I do not give a shit for him. It is only a sneaker seller ( 300 Million Chinese play basketball ).-

Comments by one Coach about chineses.. this guys are tall, shoot decently but they do not have brains for the game.

Gus.-

Johnny_Blaze_47
07-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Who knew the Church hated the Chinese, too?

slayermin
07-02-2007, 04:43 PM
Someone should send him episodes of the 70's Show. That will change his mind.

Money316
07-02-2007, 08:47 PM

WTF??

Rapper
07-03-2007, 05:59 AM
Yi Jinlian is a great kid

also a great player

he will be next KG~~~~~~~~~~~

Rapper
07-03-2007, 06:07 AM
Who want to learn Chinese? I can teach you something in Chinese

any one else?

I'm a master of Chinese

No need any tuition

I'm for real!!

bdictjames
07-03-2007, 12:29 PM
I just read Sports Illustrated 2 hours ago, they had a piece about an interview with Yi. He says his favorite team is the Spurs because of the teamwork. I guess he wants here!! :lol

Reggie Miller
07-03-2007, 01:10 PM
no asians would ever want to live in detroit or milwaukee. too many rascist fux in them places. He should get traded to Warriors or Spurs

That's funny, because Hank Aaron chose to live in Milwaukee after retirement, rather than Atlanta, for reasons of race relations and environment. Granted, Aaron is black, not Asian, but Milwaukee is a very liberal city for the Midwest.

From the standpoint of marketability to American Chinese, the best options would probably be San Francisco (Warriors), Los Angeles (Lakers over Clippers), and/or New York (Knicks over Nets). If I were one of Yi's handlers from the Peoples' Republic, I wouldn't want him to go to the Knicks due to management and personnel issues. The Lakers and Warriors would be ideal from the PRoC viewpoint. (Personally, I think the Lakers may be even more dysfunctional than the Knicks at the moment.)

I agree with the earlier post that a place like Milwaukee, Indiana, or even Memphis would be better for Yi's overall career, as he would actually play real minutes. Also, you don't want to get saddled with someone like Larry Brown that wouldn't play a rookie, etc.

cn_xiaoxi
07-04-2007, 10:13 PM

oh~~ :madrun
你们认为所有的事都是YI自己能决定的么?
不去MILWAUKEE可不是他一个人说了算的-_-!
主要原因是出在他的经济人以及他所效力的俱乐部的身上~~
我们也不希望看到YI回到CBA打球~~
做为一个普通的中国球迷~~
我们还是希望YI能安心的打球~~
在哪都一样~~

by the way,do not use this word "fuck" it`s disgusting

SpursWillOwn
07-05-2007, 07:20 AM
fuck u chinese bitch cn_xiaoxi