PDA

View Full Version : Scola for Nocioni Picking Up Steam?

Pages : [1] 2 3

timvp
06-30-2007, 04:07 AM
What will Bulls do with Noc?
Exploring trade options for forward seems to make sense
By Mike McGraw

Bulls first-round draft pick Joakim Noah didn’t make it to Chicago in time for Friday’s introductory news conference. The event was rescheduled for Monday and should also include second-round picks Aaron Gray and JamesOn Curry.

That means Noah and the second-rounders won’t be holding up their Bulls jerseys for the cameras until after the NBA’s free-agent negotiating period begins Sunday.

The Bulls’ primary questions in free agency won’t revolve around which players they might sign. It’s a thin group, particularly among big men. The biggest issues are what happens to two of their own free agents, Andres Nocioni and P.J. Brown.

Nocioni is restricted, which means the Bulls can match any offer he receives from another team. The Bulls won’t allow the Argentina native to walk away with nothing in return, but they do face a tough decision this summer.

As popular as Nocioni has been among fans, teammates and coaches, he doesn’t fit in particularly well on the Bulls’ roster. If Nocioni returns, he’ll either have to play power forward at 6-feet-7 or back up small forward Luol Deng.

Factor in that Nocioni will be seeking a contract in the neighborhood of $6 million to $7 million per season, and it appears obvious the Bulls will at least explore sign-and-trade opportunities.

“I think it’s really clear that the city, management and the coaching staff love this guy,” said Mike Cound, one of Nocioni’s representatives. “And he loves them. He likes everything about the Bulls, but he’s a realist.”

That means Nocioni is ready for anything this summer, though he’d have to agree to a new destination. He’s resting at his ranch in Argentina, wearing a walking boot to alleviate a persistent bout of plantar fasciitis in his right foot.

Cound is hoping to resolve Nocioni’s status quickly, but that may not be possible. The Bulls addressed their need for height by drafting Noah and would like to add an interior scorer.

That’s easier said than done.

General manager John Paxson figures to monitor Kevin Garnett’s status this summer. Minnesota seemed intent on trading Garnett before the draft and never succeeded. Memphis forward Pau Gasol is a potential target if the asking price is less than it was in February.

Another player to consider is 6-9 Argentinean power forward Luis Scola, who averaged 17 points and 7.2 rebounds in the Spanish league for Tau Ceramica. San Antonio has held Scola’s rights since 2002, and he has a sizable buyout in his Spanish contract. But so did Nocioni.

Scola, 27, is a potential inside scorer and has been billed by some as the best player not currently in the NBA. Theoretically, the Spurs could sign Scola and send him to the Bulls in a sign-and-trade for Nocioni. Cound represents both players.

Brown is another sign-and-trade candidate, though the Bulls wouldn’t mind having the 37-year-old power forward return for another season. Brown’s agent, Mark Bartelstein, said Brown is out of the country on vacation and would not make any decisions until he returns next week.

The Bulls may pursue Philadelphia free agent Joe Smith as a veteran presence if Brown does not return. The other prominent big men on the market are San Antonio’s Melvin Ely, New Jersey’s Mikki Moore and the Lakers’ Chris Mihm, who missed all of last season with an injury.

Cleveland’s Anderson Varejao, Orlando’s Darko Milicic and San Antonio’s Fabricio Oberto are restricted free agents.

http://www.dailyherald.com/sports/story.asp?id=327621

timvp
06-30-2007, 04:09 AM
Luis Scola, Melvin Ely (sign and trade), Brent Barry (for salary matching purposes) and a picks (Spurs and Raptors 2008 second rounders?) for Andres Nocioni?

Make it happen.

:hungry:

timvp
06-30-2007, 04:13 AM
A post-Bowen swingman rotation of Ginobili, Nocioni, White and Williams would cover just about ever possible attribute. You'd have the heart (Ginobili), the toughness (Nocioni), the athlete (White) and the playmaker (Williams).

cecil collins
06-30-2007, 04:14 AM
Luis Scola, Melvin Ely (sign and trade), Brent Barry (for salary matching purposes) and a picks (Spurs and Raptors 2008 second rounders?) for Andres Nocioni?

Make it happen.

Hell yeah.

Bruno
06-30-2007, 04:18 AM
Mcgraw is Bulls' Ludden. If he speaks about Scola, it likely means that Bulls are interested in him.
I can see too Bulls including Duhon to match salaries in a Nocioni S&T.

THE SIXTH MAN
06-30-2007, 04:18 AM
Damn, Pop and R.C. got to make this happen!

drmvp
06-30-2007, 04:22 AM

Make it happen.

I've been makin' a list
And checkin' it twice
And Duhon too
Would really be nice

:santahat

Bruno
06-30-2007, 04:24 AM
He’s resting at his ranch in Argentina, wearing a walking boot to alleviate a persistent bout of plantar fasciitis in his right foot

Pop is still the argentinian pampa, waiting the free agency deadline to speak with Nocioni a la 03' Rasho.

Streakyshooter08
06-30-2007, 04:26 AM
Is that really a possibility? Does Scola still have that large buyout? I think it would only make sense, if Scola would play for the Bulls THIS year. I would really love that trade. If they could somehow get Duhon involved the Spurs are ready!

Parker/ Duhon/ Vaughn
Gino/ Finley/ White
Bowen/ Nocioni
TD/ Horry/ Bonner
Oberto/ Elson/ Butler

Looks awesome...

timvp
06-30-2007, 04:37 AM
Mcgraw is Bulls' Ludden. If he speaks about Scola, it likely means that Bulls are interested in him.
I can see too Bulls including Duhon to match salaries in a Nocioni S&T.

Outside of the big three + Bowen, I can't really think of a trade that'd be a bad one in which the Spurs got back Nocioni.

I'll drive Barry, Finley, Scola, Mahinmi, Splitter, Beno, Vaughn, Ely, Bonner, Elson, Oberto, Butler or any combination of them to the airport. I don't think Duhon is that good but if the Bulls want to throw him in, that'd be fine.

Bruno
06-30-2007, 04:45 AM
Bulls could be very interested in Splitter with Wallace aging.

I'm not a Duhon fan too. He can be one of the best backup PG in the league but he was one of the worst last year. I speak about him because bulls will likely have to add some filler because of the BYC rule and because words is that he is on the trading block.

Streakyshooter08
06-30-2007, 04:49 AM
I don't think Duhon is that good but if the Bulls want to throw him in, that'd be fine.

Well, I agree. IMO he not great but is better than Vaughn/ Beno, so he would also be an upgade. He doesn't turn the ball over much and has a good shot. He is also able to knock down a 3. He is also a okay defender. I would like it.

timvp
06-30-2007, 04:51 AM

Splitter was a nice pick but if it takes Scola, Splitter, Mahinmi and Bary for Nocioni, I probably do it.

I'm not a Duhon fan. He can be one of the best backup PG in the league but he was one of the worst last year. I speak about him because bulls will likely have to add some filler because of the BYC rule.

Yeah, Duhon turned into a drunk at some point along the line. Although he'd fit the Udrih role rather well ... especially when it comes to the night club action part of the role :)

carina_gino20
06-30-2007, 05:00 AM
:wow

Ginobili + Oberto + Nocioni = Argentine Mafia

johngateswhiteley
06-30-2007, 05:04 AM
A post-Bowen swingman rotation of Ginobili, Nocioni, White and Williams would cover just about ever possible attribute. You'd have the heart (Ginobili), the toughness (Nocioni), the athlete (White) and the playmaker (Williams).

i rarely agree with you, it seems, but i love this idea. i, too, hope it happens. good stuff...

Bruno
06-30-2007, 05:13 AM
Another question is what expirings are the most interesting for Bulls :
Barry is maybe the best player available but I'm not sure they want him back after the year he spend in Chicago.
Udrih has some upside but Bulls like though players.
Butler has too some upside but do they want him after the Sweetney failure ?
They could be interested in Bonner to stretch the floor. If Spurs get Nocioni, Bonner will be less usefull for Spurs.
I don't see how White can help them.
Doing a S&T with an unrestricted free agent like Ely is quite difficult.

aaronstampler
06-30-2007, 05:17 AM

More like the guy who's really good (Ginobili), the guy who's pretty good (Nocioni), the guy who's decent (White), and the guy who'll suck out loud (Williams). :rolleyes

timvp
06-30-2007, 05:28 AM
More like the guy who's really good (Ginobili), the guy who's pretty good (Nocioni), the guy who's decent (White), and the guy who'll suck out loud (Williams). :rolleyes

Relax. Everyone on earth knows Manu is by far the best of that foursome. He doesn't need to be put on a pedestal every time his name is mentioned. It's a given he's great.

BeerIsGood!
06-30-2007, 05:39 AM
I thought the chances of landing Nocioni were slim to none, but if they can get him with a package of Scola, Barry, + non-TD big man that would be huge. What are the realistic chances of this actually happening given Scola's buyout and importance to Tau?

drmvp
06-30-2007, 05:45 AM
It would be awesome to see Manu (praises be upon him), Nocioni and Oberto on the Spurs!

timvp
06-30-2007, 05:49 AM
Another question is what expirings are the most interesting for Bulls :
Barry is maybe the best player available but I'm not sure they want him back after the year he spend in Chicago.
Udrih has some upside but Bulls like though players.
Butler has too some upside but do they want him after the Sweetney failure ?
They could be interested in Bonner to stretch the floor. If Spurs get Nocioni, Bonner will be less usefull for Spurs.
I don't see how White can help them.
Doing a S&T with an unrestricted free agent like Ely is quite difficult.

Yeah, I'm trying to figure that out as well.

Scola - Would fit on the Bulls so well it's kinda scary, actually. Gives them a low post scorer they need. Will play next to Wallace so his short comings on defense won't be exposed as much. He actually makes a lot of sense for Chicago ... much more sense than he makes for the Spurs.

Mahinmi & Splitter - Both are pretty good prospects who would fit pretty well on Chicago. The Bulls might ask for one of them to be included in a package.

Barry - Yeah, he had a bad stint there in '99 ... but then again, the coaches, GM and all the players are different. Oh and his wife is from Chicago, so at least she'd be cool with it I assume.

Ely - Could be used as filler if needed. Bulls might want him because the on thing Ely can do is post up.

Udrih, White & Butler - Decent prospects with one year contracts. If the Bulls want one, they'd be worth losing for Nocioni.

Bonner - I think he could co-exist with Nocioni once Horry retires. That said, if the Bulls want him they can have him.

Elson - He might be a dark horse candidate to be wanted by the Bulls. He fits their up and down game and they don't have much at center. Plus his contract is an expiring one. With the pick of Splitter, Elson became more expendable than he was before the draft for the Spurs.

Vaughn, Horry, Oberto, Finley - Either too old, too slow or too unathletic for what the Bulls need. I doubt they'd want any of them.

RuffnReadyOzStyle
06-30-2007, 05:51 AM
Parker/Duhon/Vaughn
Ginobili/Finley/White
Bowen/Nocioni/Williams
Duncan/Horry/Bonner
Oberto/Butler/Elson

I like that depth chart rather a lot, and it would give us a youngster at each position too - not that they will all pan out, but it injects some youth.

As for Duhon, maybe a trip to a team like ours will re-focus him on basketball and making the most out of his career before it evaporates.

Make it so!

aaronstampler
06-30-2007, 06:26 AM
Relax. Everyone on earth knows Manu is by far the best of that foursome. He doesn't need to be put on a pedestal every time his name is mentioned. It's a given he's great.

That wasn't my point. I'd have let your post go if it wasn't the part about Williams being a "playmaker." As you might have guessed, I'm highly dubious that he'll ever amount to anything. I know at #33 it really doesn't matter either way, but I don't get why the Spurs would pick a wing player whose weaknesses are 1) 3 point shooting 2) defense 3) team first attitude.

How exactly does that qualify him to be a Spur? Sounds like the Nuggets shoulda taken him with one of their non-existent picks. We could do a sign and trade for Steve Blake and have him be our backup PG.

thekingrobert
06-30-2007, 06:44 AM
why dont we go for Herman and Delfino also that would be the ultimate Argie Mafia...by the way j/k

mountainballer
06-30-2007, 06:55 AM
Scola - Would fit on the Bulls so well it's kinda scary, actually. Gives them a low post scorer they need. Will play next to Wallace so his short comings on defense won't be exposed as much. He actually makes a lot of sense for Chicago ... much more sense than he makes for the Spurs.

absolutly agree on this. the problem? Bulls need a player, who delivers right from the start. Scola is expirienced, but they don't know, if he will be able to make the transistion to NBA quickly enough.

Mahinmi & Splitter - Both are pretty good prospects who would fit pretty well on Chicago. The Bulls might ask for one of them to be included in a package.

don't agree on this. Splitter is almost identical to Noah, but Noah is the more talented player. Ian is very similar to Tyrus Thomas, who has much more upside. so both are of a minor interst for the Bulls IMO.

timvp
06-30-2007, 07:03 AM
That wasn't my point. I'd have let your post go if it wasn't the part about Williams being a "playmaker." As you might have guessed, I'm highly dubious that he'll ever amount to anything. I know at #33 it really doesn't matter either way, but I don't get why the Spurs would pick a wing player whose weaknesses are 1) 3 point shooting 2) defense 3) team first attitude.

How exactly does that qualify him to be a Spur? Sounds like the Nuggets shoulda taken him with one of their non-existent picks. We could do a sign and trade for Steve Blake and have him be our backup PG.Sounds like you should apply to be a scout for the Spurs. You could've saved them from themselves.

timvp
06-30-2007, 07:05 AM
I thought the chances of landing Nocioni were slim to none, but if they can get him with a package of Scola, Barry, + non-TD big man that would be huge. What are the realistic chances of this actually happening given Scola's buyout and importance to Tau?

It probably improve from 1% to maybe 10% now that the Bulls beat writer is mentioning it. The key to the deal is the Bulls have to be in love with Scola and think he's their missing piece. Otherwise, there are teams out there that can offer them more than just Scola and scraps.

td4mvp3
06-30-2007, 07:10 AM

Make it happen.

it's the nba, so this sounds like it makes too much sense to actually happen.

Darkwaters
06-30-2007, 07:30 AM
I was thinking that Elson might be a nice fit on the Bulls. But ChiTown already has a decent amount of bigs and they just drafted 2 more (Joakim Noah, Aaron Gray). Interestingly enough, the Spurs did have a fair amount of interest in Aaron Gray last year (enough that we wanted to trade into the bottom half of the first round to get him). I would be more than willing to send them Elson and grab up a guy like Gray just for kicks. Hes worth a look, but if it doesn't work out...hes still just a second rounder.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2004-12-17/1217pittbb-b.jpg

MannyIsGod
06-30-2007, 07:38 AM

How exactly does that qualify him to be a Spur? Sounds like the Nuggets shoulda taken him with one of their non-existent picks. We could do a sign and trade for Steve Blake and have him be our backup PG.You do realize taht athleates don't grow on trees, right? You take a flyer on a guy at 33 that has a shitload of potential. Thats what you do with picks that late. Everything you mentioned can be taught, natural talent can't.

SenorSpur
06-30-2007, 07:44 AM
I was thinking that Elson might be a nice fit on the Bulls. But ChiTown already has a decent amount of bigs and they just drafted 2 more (Joakim Noah, Aaron Gray). Interestingly enough, the Spurs did have a fair amount of interest in Aaron Gray last year (enough that we wanted to trade into the bottom half of the first round to get him). I would be more than willing to send them Elson and grab up a guy like Gray just for kicks. Hes worth a look, but if it doesn't work out...hes still just a second rounder.

http://www.pittsburghlive.com/photos/2004-12-17/1217pittbb-b.jpg

Why would the Spurs want to get rid of Elson after just one season? Remember he presents an athletic element at the 5 spot that the Spurs do not currently have.

Bruno
06-30-2007, 07:45 AM
The more I look at Bulls roster, the more I think that Bonner is the Spurs that will interest Bulls to be the filler in a Nocioni for Scola trade.
If Bulls trade Nocioni, they won't have a single SF, PF or C able to shoot 3's.

Bruno
06-30-2007, 07:52 AM
What are the realistic chances of this actually happening given Scola's buyout and importance to Tau?

Scola's buyout won't be a factor.
Spurs will negotiate with Scola about the buyout before the trade and will know what contract Scola ask to go in nba (if he is still interested).
Bulls will just have to give him this contract after the trade.

SenorSpur
06-30-2007, 07:53 AM
The more I look at Bulls roster, the more I think that Bonner is the Spurs that will interest Bulls to be the filler in a Nocioni for Scola trade.
If Bulls trade Nocioni, they won't have a single SF, PF or C able to shoot 3's.

If I'm the Spurs, I do not let go of Bonner.

However back to Nocioni, does anyone have an idea as to how he fits in with this roster? From what little I've seen of him, I know he's a 6'7" forward, can shoot the 3 ball and is very tough minded. However, I'm wondering if he has the quicks to play and defend the SF position or the power to play PF in a small ball lineup. What does he do best? What are his limitations?

samikeyp
06-30-2007, 07:55 AM

Hell yes.

Buddy Holly
06-30-2007, 08:06 AM
Does anyone think we're signing Hill?

Bruno
06-30-2007, 08:07 AM
If I'm the Spurs, I do not let go of Bonner.

However back to Nocioni, does anyone have an idea as to how he fits in with this roster? From what little I've seen of him, I know he's a 6'7" forward, can shoot the 3 ball and is very tough minded. However, I'm wondering if he has the quicks to play and defend the SF position or the power to play PF in a small ball lineup. What does he do best? What are his limitations?

Losing Bonner won't be abig deal if Nocioni come.

Nocioni is a tweener. Using him only at the SF spot or at the PF spot would be a mistake. Matchups will decide if he should play PF or SF.

SenorSpur
06-30-2007, 08:12 AM
Losing Bonner won't be abig deal if Nocioni come.

Nocioni is a tweener. Using him only at the SF spot or at the PF spot would be a mistake. Matchups will decide if he should play PF or SF.

I like Bonner because he's got a heavy motor. He hustles, rebounds and can shoot the 3 ball. This guy is an energy player. Given Horry's age and Pop's penchant for regulating Horry's minutes during the regular season, I was looking forward to seeing Bonner get more minutes next season.

ploto
06-30-2007, 08:19 AM
Another player to consider is 6-9 Argentinean power forward Luis Scola, who averaged 17 points and 7.2 rebounds in the Spanish league for Tau Ceramica. San Antonio has held Scola’s rights since 2002, and he has a sizable buyout in his Spanish contract. But so did Nocioni.

Scola, 27, is a potential inside scorer and has been billed by some as the best player not currently in the NBA. Theoretically, the Spurs could sign Scola and send him to the Bulls in a sign-and-trade for Nocioni. Cound represents both players.

Problem with the whole premise- Spurs can't sign and trade Scola.

Actually- I looked it up and I thought you had to wait until Dec like others, but it looks like you only have to wait 30 days to trade a signed draft pick. Is that right? But, it's not technically a sign and trade so it would not be guaranteed to happen after those 30 days is up.

Bruno
06-30-2007, 08:21 AM
I like Bonner because he's got a heavy motor. He hustles, rebounds and can shoot the 3 ball. This guy is an energy player. Given Horry's age and Pop's penchant for regulating Horry's minutes during the regular season, I was looking forward to seeing Bonner get more minutes next season.

I like Bonner too but Nocioni can do the same think (hustle, rebound, shooting) and is better.
If Spurs get Nocioni and re-sign Bonner, Bonner won't get a lot of playtime next year.

Spurs Brazil
06-30-2007, 08:34 AM
If we can get Nocioni it would be perfect

yavozerb
06-30-2007, 09:34 AM
according to the article Noci could get a payday of 6-7 mil, but that sounds kind of high to me, I was thinking more in the 5 mil range.

Gros Membres!
06-30-2007, 09:39 AM

Don't think so. Just drafted Noah for that purpose - energetic rebounder and shot blocker with no offensive game. Sound familiar? Maybe it's just the hair.

Das Texan
06-30-2007, 09:46 AM
this needs to become reality.

exstatic
06-30-2007, 09:53 AM
No. IMHO. He's as old as the wings we're trying to replace, and he doesn't shoot the three ball.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-30-2007, 10:00 AM
This trade makes too much sense, which is why it probably won't happen :depressed

picnroll
06-30-2007, 10:05 AM
From what he says sounds like he'll be playing for the Suns next year.

smeagol
06-30-2007, 10:06 AM
Wow timvp.

You were not so hot on Nocioni after his first season. Especially after what he did in the playoffs that year.

I like the fact he has convinced you his good!

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 10:23 AM
Let's try to get Hermann and Delfino while we're at it. :smokin

El_Mago
06-30-2007, 10:26 AM
I'm not down with giving away Ian, Splitter, or White....especially White.

These fellas are out future young guys and I rather keep them.

I like the combination of Scola, Barry, Udrih, Bonner, and Picks....I can live with that.

I would not give up Splitter, Ian, or White....and no Williams either.

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 10:35 AM
I'm not down with giving away Ian, Splitter, or White....especially White.

These fellas are out future young guys and I rather keep them.

I like the combination of Scola, Barry, Udrih, Bonner, and Picks....I can live with that.

I would not give up Splitter, Ian, or White....and no Williams either.
Actually, I agree. Mainly with Mahinmi. To me, he should be off limits as far as trading goes (unless it's for someone way better, obviously).

The Spurs overseas projects should be left alone, except for Scola. The thing with Chicago is, they have a ton of talent at the 3 (Luol Deng broke out in the playoffs, and Thabo Sefolosha played pretty damn good) and no low-post presence. Scola, Bonner, Barry, and picks would work so damn well...and if they throw in Duhon, we add Beno. They get their low-post scorer, a SF/PF who can hit the three, and a league leader in 3PT%.

I've been pushing for Nocioni for a long time...hopefully the Spurs with Manu and Fabricio being the first Argentines ever to win a ring can sway Andres to come.

El_Mago
06-30-2007, 10:40 AM
I'd be okay with sending Butler too....if necessary.

lotr1trekkie
06-30-2007, 10:44 AM
If Nocioni would get 6-7 mill from the Spurs I doubt that Scola would come for less to the Bulls. That would be insulting to him who has been rated over Nocioni in Errope. They have the same agent. I can't imagine him selling Scola on coming over for a cent less than Nocioni. If the Bulls will go for the buyout that the Spurs have been staunchly unwilling to make for 3 years, why isn't that just a one for one deal?
Why are so many people wanting to trade eveyone but the big four for him? He would come off the bench correct?
How much would Duhon cost vs Vaughn? More likely Duhon would be #3 at PG and we don't pay mills for that.

ArgSpursFan
06-30-2007, 10:46 AM
If Nocioni would get 6-7 mill from the Spurs I doubt that Scola would come for less to the Bulls. That would be insulting to him who has been rated over Nocioni in Errope. They have the same agent. I can't imagine him selling Scola on coming over for a cent less than Nocioni. If the Bulls will go for the buyout that the Spurs have been staunchly unwilling to make for 3 years, why isn't that just a one for one deal?
Why are so many people wanting to trade eveyone but the big four for him? He would come off the bench correct?
How much would Duhon cost vs Vaughn? More likely Duhon would be #3 at PG and we don't pay mills for that.

Nocioni didn´t make that kind of money on his 1 st season in the NBA,I don´t see why Luis should.
But I can see Scola making that kind of money in his 2nd or 3rd year in the NBA,or even more considering He is an interior scorer.

Big P
06-30-2007, 10:51 AM
I think Nocioni on this team would be perfect, having said that I would NOT give up Scola, Mahinmi AND Splitter to get him. Scola, Barry, Ely, Bonner, Butler, Beno & picks I'm OK with, but I'm not OK with trading away the 3 best international prospects we have.

smeagol
06-30-2007, 11:00 AM
However back to Nocioni, does anyone have an idea as to how he fits in with this roster?

He tends to flop.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-30-2007, 11:04 AM
I would still rather have Scola then Noc

L.I.T
06-30-2007, 11:04 AM
I'd imagine Nocioni as a big-line up SF, small-ball PF. He's got some range, is an effective shooter and rebounds at a fairly decent clip. On the Spurs, I could see him giving around 10-12 pts, 5 boards an some decent assist totals. I can't imagine his per game minutes would go above what he's currently averaging (round 25.6).

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-30-2007, 11:08 AM
if the Bulls want to do a sign and trade for Ely/Barry for Noc then that wold be incredible

but Ely is prob the 10th guy they are looking at

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 11:31 AM
I would still rather have Scola then Noc
Why? Nocioni is 27 right now, fills the role the Spurs need to have filled (big SF, can play PF in small ball, lots of hustle and energy), he can hit the three, and he can slash to the rim and he is a decent rebounder. Give me Nocioni any day.

yavozerb
06-30-2007, 11:32 AM
Duhon is due 3 mil. for nest season. Not to crazy taken on that contract, but if it means getting noci. then lets do it!!

Scola (S&T 4.5 mil.)+Butler (2.5 mil)+Beno (2 mil) for Noci (S&T 5.5 mil) + Duhon (3 mil)
-This would open an extra spot possibly for mahinmi..

FirebatMIV
06-30-2007, 11:36 AM
Duhon is due 3 mil. for nest season. Not to crazy taken on that contract, but if it means getting noci. then lets do it!!

Scola (S&T 4.5 mil.)+Butler (2.5 mil)+Beno (2 mil) for Noci (S&T 5.5 mil) + Duhon (3 mil)
-This would open an extra spot possibly for mahinmi..

Are we sure we can even Sign and trade Scola?

Why not Barry (4.5) + Beno (2) and rights to Scola just for Nocioni.

That way, you clear up a spot on the roster, get a player that helps you and both teams benefit.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2007, 11:41 AM
How come people are talking about signing and trading Scola? Can we just trade rights to Scola?

ALVAREZ6
06-30-2007, 11:41 AM
Make it happen, please.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-30-2007, 11:49 AM

The difference is that Nocioni has produced in the NBA, while Scola has been playing ball in Europe. Nocioni didn't get a fat deal to start out with in the NBA, and neither should Scola.

AFBlue
06-30-2007, 11:50 AM
How come people are talking about signing and trading Scola? Can we just trade rights to Scola?

IMO, two reasons why trading Scola's rights won't work:

1) A team trading for Scola would want to have a contract worked out in advance to ensure that he would be able to contribute to their team this year.

2) From a salary cap perspective, any player the Spurs get back in return must have the same value as what left, within 25%. So trading no dollars would have to essentially net no dollars (contract-wise) in return....it would have to be Scola's rights for a pick.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2007, 11:53 AM
2) From a salary cap perspective, any player the Spurs get back in return must have the same value as what left, within 25%. So trading no dollars would have to essentially net no dollars (contract-wise) in return....it would have to be Scola's rights for a pick.
So this trade can't work:
Rights to Scola($0), Brent Barry($5mil), Matt Bonner($3mil), and 2 2nd rounders for Nocioni($7.5mil)?

AFBlue
06-30-2007, 11:59 AM
On this proposal....

I'm not sure if a Scola S&T would be enough to get Nocioni. The deal I think is more likely....

Scola (through S&T), Barry, and Beno for Nocioni (through S&T) and Duhon.

Bulls get low-post guy, shooter in the final year of his contract, and backup/third-string PG.

Spurs get veteran combo forward and backup PG.

exstatic
06-30-2007, 12:00 PM
Rights to Scola($0), Brent Barry($5mil), Matt Bonner($3mil), and 2 2nd rounders for Nocioni($7.5mil)?
Actually, it can. Just because you're trading his rights doesn't mean OTHER players can't be exchanged. In addition, unless we want to use our MCE on him, you CAN'T just sign him to whatever contract and then trade him. It would have to work under the CBA for him to sign here before he can be traded.

AFBlue
06-30-2007, 12:03 PM

Actually no...but that's for a different reason.

See, according to the CBA, Nocioni would be a base-year compensation player. We really need Bruno for this discussion, but what it amounts to is that Nocioni (though making $6-8M) would only be worth $3-4M in a trade for salary-matching purposes.

In order to do that deal, I'm pretty sure you'd have to include a guy like Duhon.

AFBlue
06-30-2007, 12:04 PM

And again, why would a team trade away an asset like Nocioni for a player that they're not even sure will ever play for them?

T Park
06-30-2007, 12:25 PM
Theres only one problem with all of this.

Do the Spurs even want Nocioni?

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 12:29 PM
I don't think they'll sign and trade Scola, I think they'll just package his rights with other players. I'd think sign and trade would suck with the buyout issues, etc.

AFBlue
06-30-2007, 12:32 PM
I don't think they'll sign and trade Scola, I think they'll just package his rights with other players. I'd think sign and trade would suck with the buyout issues, etc.

It's certainly a possibility, but I would think the team would have to receive some assurances from Scola and his agent that they could work on a deal for him to come over after the nba trade is made.

Otherwise, it would significantly lower his trade value. He is said to be working on a large, long-term contract in Europe, so that indicates risk for any team that would be trading for him.

Scola, the player, is probably worth alot more that Scola rights....na mean?

mjnxn
06-30-2007, 12:38 PM
POP AND RC, MAKE THIS HAPPEN!

Dirk will shit his pants when Bowen + Nocioni are on his nuts night in and night out.

This trade makes way too much sense.

MrChug
06-30-2007, 12:45 PM
The way the Andres plays, he could become a fan favorite within a few games and give Manu a run for his money.

But Nocioni AND Duhon??? Are you fuckin kidding me?!?!?

I'd shit...I'd litterally SHIT.

aaronstampler
06-30-2007, 12:46 PM
You do realize taht athleates don't grow on trees, right? You take a flyer on a guy at 33 that has a shitload of potential. Thats what you do with picks that late. Everything you mentioned can be taught, natural talent can't.

First off, I don't know if you can teach a guy to not be selfish and have a good attitude. Secondly, in the NBA athletes do grow on trees. Twos and threes who are 6'7 210 come off assembly lines in the U.S. We already got James White don't we. I doubt Williams is as athletic as him.

T Park
06-30-2007, 12:56 PM
First off, I don't know if you can teach a guy to not be selfish and have a good attitude

Yeah that was impossible when Stephen Jackson was a Spur. Glenn Robinson too.

leemajors
06-30-2007, 01:00 PM
First off, I don't know if you can teach a guy to not be selfish and have a good attitude. Secondly, in the NBA athletes do grow on trees. Twos and threes who are 6'7 210 come off assembly lines in the U.S. We already got James White don't we. I doubt Williams is as athletic as him.
from everything said about williams, he can put the ball on the floor and get to the rim. a young slasher is something good for this team, and if he can play and learn the system in austin what the hell is wrong with that?

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 01:03 PM
It's certainly a possibility, but I would think the team would have to receive some assurances from Scola and his agent that they could work on a deal for him to come over after the nba trade is made.

Otherwise, it would significantly lower his trade value. He is said to be working on a large, long-term contract in Europe, so that indicates risk for any team that would be trading for him.

Scola, the player, is probably worth alot more that Scola rights....na mean?

Yes, I get what you are saying. But I think trying to get a sign and trade done would be a nightmare. So I think they'll continue to shop his rights as they have been.

T Park
06-30-2007, 01:03 PM
what the hell is wrong with that?

Hes not Ginobili.

Come on...

T Park
06-30-2007, 01:04 PM
Once again peeps.

WERE interested in Andres Nocioni.

BUT ARE THE SPURS interested :lol

maxpower
06-30-2007, 01:06 PM
The article mentioned the similarity between Noc's and Scola's buyout. What differences have kept Scola in Europe while Noc was brought over?

Big P
06-30-2007, 01:09 PM
Once again peeps.

WERE interested in Andres Nocioni.

BUT ARE THE SPURS interested :lol

Of course they are, the Spurs would have drafted him if it hadn't been for that screw up by an ex scout that said Nocioni was draft ineligible. I'm pretty sure Nocioni is the first guy the Spurs will go after.

T Park
06-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Uh, 08 plan?

Signing Andres to a 4 year 30 million dollar deal, horribly screws with that.

Remember that.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-30-2007, 01:24 PM

I wouldn't want it to. Nocioni may be worth 7.5 million averaged over the life of his contract, but not for next year's salary.

Bruno
06-30-2007, 01:24 PM
You can't do a S&T with Scola. Either you trade his rights or you trade him 30 days (or more) after he has signed with Spurs.

Trading Scola's right isn't a big problem at all : Spurs just need to ask to Scola what contract he wants and if he will agree to play in Chicago. If Bulls know before the trade that Scola will agree to sign a $10M/3years contract with them one day after the trade, I don't see where the problem is.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-30-2007, 01:25 PM

LOL. James White is an athlete that can't shoot. Marcus is an athlete that can. Dumb discussion.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-30-2007, 01:28 PM
The article mentioned the similarity between Noc's and Scola's buyout. What differences have kept Scola in Europe while Noc was brought over?

Nocioni wanted to come to the U.S. while Scola didn't.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-30-2007, 01:29 PM
Uh, 08 plan?

Remember that.

Uh, it's a little shortsighted to think that the Spurs wouldn't agree to a deal past '08 if they got a player they would want for the next 5-6 years anyway. Quit being so dense.

T Park
06-30-2007, 01:31 PM
Don't everyone get pissed when the Spurs turn this down due to "flexibility" :lol

ploto
06-30-2007, 01:32 PM
From what he says sounds like he'll be playing for the Suns next year.
Raptors may make a big push for Hill.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Why? Nocioni is 27 right now, fills the role the Spurs need to have filled (big SF, can play PF in small ball, lots of hustle and energy), he can hit the three, and he can slash to the rim and he is a decent rebounder. Give me Nocioni any day.

the hell?

and Scola is also only 26 or 27

T Park
06-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Miss the news Ploto on the Raptors think they will lose out on Hill to the Spurs?

Awwwww too bad. Adios :)

ploto
06-30-2007, 01:36 PM
You can't do a S&T with Scola. Either you trade his rights or you trade him 30 days (or more) after he has signed with Spurs.

Maybe they'll listen to you- they didn't me.

ploto
06-30-2007, 01:37 PM
Miss the news Ploto on the Raptors think they will lose out on Hill to the Spurs?

Awwwww too bad. Adios :)
Miss the fact that I know more than what that story says....

Streakyshooter08
06-30-2007, 01:39 PM
Theres only one problem with all of this.

Do the Spurs even want Nocioni?

I remember a post game interview where Pop said that the Spurs have been interested in Andres before he came to the league. If you look at what the Spurs need and how he played I don't see a reason why the Spurs would not be (at least) interested in him. If they can get it done is another question. :) But I think they will take a look at it.

T Park
06-30-2007, 01:41 PM
I remember a post game interview where Pop said that the Spurs have been interested in Andres before he came to the league. If you look at what the Spurs need and how he played I don't see a reason why the Spurs would not be (at least) interested in him. If they can get it done is another question. But I think they will take a look at it.

The Spurs will be only interested in one year contracts.

Book it.

Big P
06-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Uh, 08 plan?

Remember that.

If the Spurs can get Nocioni, it becomes the 07/08 plan.

T Park
06-30-2007, 01:42 PM
Miss the fact that I know more than what that story says....

The security guard keeping you the required 800 feet away from Rasho, doesn't have the inside scoop either.

T Park
06-30-2007, 01:43 PM
If the Spurs can get Nocioni, it becomes the 07/08 plan.

I hope your right.

It just doesn't jive with the way they are setting everything up though.

Having ALOT of cap room for next summer.

I refuse to get my hopes up for a thousandth summer in a row.

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 01:44 PM
the hell?

and Scola is also only 26 or 27
Your point?

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Your point?

why are bringing up age?

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-30-2007, 01:51 PM
The Spurs will be only interested in one year contracts.

Book it.

I'll take that bet. What's it going to be? Year's supply of cotton candy?

I hope your right.

It just doesn't jive with the way they are setting everything up though.

Having ALOT of cap room for next summer.

I refuse to get my hopes up for a thousandth summer in a row.

This is such an urban legend. The Spurs won't have a ton of cap room next summer anyway.

Bruno
06-30-2007, 01:52 PM
About BYC :

Nocioni last year salary was $3.95M.

If Nocioni first year salary is below $4.74M, Nocioni won't be a BYC player.
If Nocioni first year salary is between $4.74M and $7.9M, Nocioni will be BYC and his BYC value will be $3.95M.
If Nocioni first year salary is above $7.9M, Nocioni will be BYC and his BYC value will the half of the first year salary.

The rule in a trade for teams above the cap is that outgoing salaries can't be higher than 125%+$100K of incoming salaries.
To check if a trade is legit you compute outgoing and incoming salaries for each team and you see if the rule is respected for each team.

When a BYC player is traded from team A to team B, his value in team A outgoing salaries is his BYC value but his value in team B incoming salaries is the first year salary of his new contract.

If Nocioni deal start at $8M, his BYC value will be $4M. Bulls can't absorb more than 125%+100k of $4M ($5.1M) and Spurs should send at least $6.4M to take Nocioni $8M salary. A trade is impossible.
A way to solve this is to add players. If you add Duhon who has a $3.2M salary to the trade, Bulls can absorb 125%+100k of $7.2M ($9.1M) and Spurs must send more than $8.9M to absorb Nocioni and Duhon Salaries ($11.2M). A trade is possible if Spurs send $9M in salaries to Bulls.

For Nocioni, it won't be a big problem because the starting salary of hsi new contract shouldn't be too far from his last year salary.

Big P
06-30-2007, 01:55 PM
Exactly, if the Spurs resign Oberto & sign a FA or 2 with the MLE, and/or S&T for another player, there wont be much if any cap room left.

T Park
06-30-2007, 01:57 PM
I was on the Nocioni bandwagon getting him to SA since I learned he was a FA this summer.

Hes the big SF that ya need vs Lebron, vs carmello, and can play the PF in small ball too.

Nocioni makes so much sense its sickening.

So that means, the Spurs wont get him.

objective
06-30-2007, 02:09 PM
the 08 plan isn't set in stone.

don't forget the Spurs offered Przybilla close to 5-6 million a year for 4 years.

Only after getting turned down did they go with the 08 friendly contracts of Elson and Butler.

SpursIndonesia
06-30-2007, 02:22 PM
Umm, about the amount of money that he wants in his supposed new contract, is 6-7 mil a starting salary number of his 1st yr in the contract or the average of its sum ?

T Park
06-30-2007, 02:23 PM
the 08 plan isn't set in stone.

don't forget the Spurs offered Przybilla close to 5-6 million a year for 4 years.

Only after getting turned down did they go with the 08 friendly contracts of Elson and Butler.

I hope your right.

I hope the Spurs are interested.

I just don't think they are.

wildbill2u
06-30-2007, 02:34 PM
Outside of the big three + Bowen, I can't really think of a trade that'd be a bad one in which the Spurs got back Nocioni.

I'll drive Barry, Finley, Scola, Mahinmi, Splitter, Beno, Vaughn, Ely, Bonner, Elson, Oberto, Butler or any combination of them to the airport. I don't think Duhon is that good but if the Bulls want to throw him in, that'd be fine.
Let's not get carried away. What makes Nocioni worth than many players? His stats aren't overwhelming.

If he's that good, wouldn't he be playing first team instead of on the bench?

SpursIndonesia
06-30-2007, 02:50 PM
Well, he's not better than Luol Deng i suppose, and Skiles doesn't want to implement small ball lineup as his starting 5.

T Park
06-30-2007, 03:04 PM
Let's not get carried away. What makes Nocioni worth than many players? His stats aren't overwhelming.

If he's that good, wouldn't he be playing first team instead of on the bench

watch the game and not the stats.

He doesnt mean ALL of those players. A combo of ANY OF THOSE players.

Big P
06-30-2007, 03:06 PM
I hope your right.

I hope the Spurs are interested.

I just don't think they are.

What exactly makes you think that the Spurs are not interested?

Ken Loomis
06-30-2007, 03:06 PM
The chances of the Spurs landing Nocioni are about as good as the Mavs landing jermaine o neal for JET and Damp.

Big P
06-30-2007, 03:07 PM
And you are?

Ken Loomis
06-30-2007, 03:09 PM
And you are?

Ken Loomis :)

T Park
06-30-2007, 03:11 PM
What exactly makes you think that the Spurs are not interested?

Because they are the Spurs, and are on some sort of money cap saving plan.

Big P
06-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Ken Loomis :)

Are you some insider or something?

T Park
06-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Hes a troll, ignore him.

Big P
06-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Hes a troll, ignore him.

Gotcha.

Ken Loomis
06-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Hes a troll, ignore him.

Go eat a jelly donut.

Ken Loomis
06-30-2007, 03:15 PM
Are you some insider or something?

Insider for TCU RTVF courses. :spin

cherylsteele
06-30-2007, 03:23 PM

Make it happen.

I would do this in a less than a heartbeat. We would be losing very little and be gaining a great contributor that can play and help immediately. Let me be GM for the day and I would do it if the Bulls agree....hell give 'em Beno too....not sure why he was not included in this thread anyways.

T Park
06-30-2007, 03:24 PM
Hell yeah throw in Beno.

Im sure the Spurs wouldn't do that cause then they would be losing too many "Ball handlers" :rolleyes

cherylsteele
06-30-2007, 03:30 PM
Hell yeah throw in Beno.

Im sure the Spurs wouldn't do that cause then they would be losing too many "Ball handlers" :rolleyes
Probably....you'd never know though.....Do the Bulls want to do this for real?
They may not if we throw in Beno.....they may say keep him...you made your bed....

Beno....the deal breaker??:D

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-30-2007, 03:30 PM
LOL @ people throwing around the term "08 plan"

none of us have a damn idea what RC and Pop have in mind

T Park
06-30-2007, 03:36 PM
the 08 plan was thrown around last year, and all season.

So i dont know why it would change now.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-30-2007, 03:48 PM
the 08 plan was thrown around last year, and all season.

So i dont know why it would change now.

what's the plan? only 3 guys under contract and basically the team will be completely re built around them?

Oberto will be back, Splitter will arrive, so that's 5 guys

I hope Bowen retires after another title run this year

T Park
06-30-2007, 04:09 PM
The plan is prob the same as 03.

Surround the big three with a superstar.

It didnt work then and wouldn't work now.

Im all in favor of going balls out to get Andres Nocioni.

I am just not confident the Spurs are on our thinking level right now.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-30-2007, 07:04 PM

It didnt work then and wouldn't work now.

Im all in favor of going balls out to get Andres Nocioni.

I am just not confident the Spurs are on our thinking level right now.

would the Spurs have enough money to throw MAX dollars at someone like Brand or Marion?

T Park
06-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Supposedly they would.

Darkwaters
06-30-2007, 07:07 PM
would the Spurs have enough money to throw MAX dollars at someone like Brand or Marion?

If we don't sign too many people this offseason then we should have enough money for a max contract next season.

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Marion? WTF? :lol

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 07:09 PM
why are bringing up age?
Because, I was pointing out he's basically as old as Scola and a better, easier option for us right now.

Vito Corleone
06-30-2007, 07:32 PM
screw Nocioni he is not a long term solution to our 3 spot. He sure as hell isn't worth anyone we own the rights to

exstatic
06-30-2007, 07:37 PM
screw Nocioni he is not a long term solution to our 3 spot. He sure as hell isn't worth anyone we own the rights to
That's a pretty strong statement, considering he's 3 years younger than Bowen was when he signed here...

T Park
06-30-2007, 07:46 PM

Congrats, you've reached Norcal stupidity with that statement.

Vito Corleone
06-30-2007, 08:34 PM
That's a pretty strong statement, considering he's 3 years younger than Bowen was when he signed here...

Nocioni is a scrub on a scrub team, he is not a starter and would not be considered a starter here. So why would we want to trade away guys that would be a starter here in a few years for a guy that is at best Danny Ferry.

Now if we were talking about a guy like Josh Howard then I would listen but hell we are talking about a guy who has a career avg of 11.1 pts per game and is coming off a career year which just happens to be a contract year.

The difference is Bowen came in as a FA when we were not the NBA champs and needed a defensive stopper. Nocioni is not a defensive stopper he is a marginal scorer who got shut down in the Detroit series.

Vito Corleone
06-30-2007, 08:37 PM
Congrats, you've reached Norcal stupidity with that statement.

It is a lot less stupid than those who would trade half our roster for another Danny Ferry clone. Did you guys watch any basketball outside of the Spurs? He is easily shutdown by teams that actually play defense (see detroit series).

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 08:40 PM
It is a lot less stupid than those who would trade half our roster for another Danny Ferry clone. Did you guys watch any basketball outside of the Spurs? He is easily shutdown by teams that actually play defense (see detroit series).
With the attention Duncan commands, that wouldn't happen.

Vito Corleone
06-30-2007, 08:44 PM
except for the fact that for every point he puts up; the person he is guarding will be scoring two or three.

whottt
06-30-2007, 08:51 PM
Um...Danny Ferry actually became a pretty good defensive player for Pop. IF he did it...Noccioni can do it. Noccioni plays with a fantastic attitude and he ups his game in the post season. Detroit may have stopped him...but if he was healthy, they were having to commit resources to do it.

You're crazy...the dude lead the NBA in 3 shooting for most of the season(or maybe it was the season before), and the Bulls don't even have a damn inside presence. Noccioni might shoot 50% from 3 on this team. And he's been a huge post season rebounder as well...guys don't rebound if they aren't playing hard.

whottt
06-30-2007, 08:54 PM
IF the rest of the Bulls had played as well as Noccioni did in the playoffs the past couple of years, prior to these playoffs...they'd have made the finals.

whottt
06-30-2007, 09:02 PM
Noccioni is probably the second best Argentine basketball player...

I rate them like this:
Manu
Noccioni
Oberto
Herman
Delfino
Sanchez
Wokjyhowski
That Devil dude in the Manu gatorade commercial
Diego Maradonna
That Boxer that almost beat Muhammad Ali
That dude that just won the big golf tournament
The Argentine Hottie that interviewed Manu when he first came to the team
Manu's wife
Evita
Che Guevera
All other Argentines ever born and those yet to be born
Pele
Madonna
Scola

It's like that.

Slinkyman
06-30-2007, 10:13 PM

danny ferry clone? :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes :rolleyes

Nocioni missed 28 with planter facsitis at the end of the season, you can't expect a guy to sit for 2-3 months and then be 100%. Last year nocioni avg. 22ppg in the playoffs, very Ferry like.

Supergirl
06-30-2007, 10:17 PM
I covet Nocioni. I would love to see us sign him. And the opportunity to see Nocioni, Manu, Oberto on the floor with Duncan and Parker would be awesome - Manu and Oberto already had such great chemistry together on the Spurs.

bigdog
06-30-2007, 11:52 PM
If we can package a couple of players and a future pick, or rights to one of our many polayers overseas, this would be awesome. it would also open up some roster spots for us too

TexasAggie2005
07-01-2007, 03:08 AM
Noccioni is probably the second best Argentine basketball player...

I rate them like this:
Manu
Noccioni
Oberto
Herman
Delfino
Sanchez
Wokjyhowski
That Devil dude in the Manu gatorade commercial
Diego Maradonna
That Boxer that almost beat Muhammad Ali
That dude that just won the big golf tournament
The Argentine Hottie that interviewed Manu when he first came to the team
Manu's wife
Evita
Che Guevera
All other Argentines ever born and those yet to be born
Pele
Madonna
Scola

It's like that.

maybe i'm missing the joke, but you realize pele's not argentinian, right?

JPB
07-01-2007, 03:34 AM

I hope brasilian posters don't read this thread... or Whott's days are counted.

whottt
07-01-2007, 03:36 AM

And here's my list of the smartest people:
1.Every creature in existence, living, dead, or extinct, that has ever lived, or will ever live, artifical or organic, simple single celled organisms, or more complex organism, in the history of this Universe, in all paralell universes, and in all other dimensions...as well as any other potential place for life to exist that hasn't been yet discovered by any other creature or conceptulized by a higher authority or nature itself.

2.Rocks

3.TexasAggie2005

It's like that.

whottt
07-01-2007, 03:39 AM
Edit:

3. Tie - TexasAggie2005 and JPB

TexasAggie2005
07-01-2007, 03:48 AM
And here's my list of the smartest people:
1.Every creature in existence, living, dead, or extinct, that has ever lived, or will ever live, artifical or organic, simple single celled organisms, or more complex organism, in the history of this Universe, in all paralell universes, and in all other dimensions...as well as any other potential place for life to exist that hasn't been yet discovered by any other creature or conceptulized by a higher authority or nature itself.

2.Rocks

3.TexasAggie2005

It's like that.

wow, way to be an asshole dude.

congrats on spending all that time typing that up trying to call me stupid while misspelling a bunch of words.

whottt
07-01-2007, 03:50 AM
I didn't call you stupid...

If you notice, my list was of the smartest people...not the stupidest.

whottt
07-01-2007, 03:51 AM
Edit:

3. Stumps

4. JPB

5. TexasAggie2005

Buddy Holly
07-01-2007, 03:52 AM

The plan in 2003 was to surround the big three with a superstar? What big three? In 2003 there was only a big one.

Tony wasn't a star, he was close to getting replaced by Kidd, who was part of the 2003 plan.

Manu was a good role player.

What big three did you smoke into exsistance?

The plan in 2003 was to sign a big name to side next to Tim Duncan, which would have either been Kidd or Jermaine O'Neal.

timvp
07-01-2007, 05:04 AM
Forward Andres Nocioni is entering the restricted free-agent market. The Bulls, who own the right to match any offers he receives, would keep him—at the right price.

But he also could be used as an asset in a sign-and-trade maneuver as part of a larger deal for a scoring big man.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Wait a minute! Scola is a scoring big man! Make it happen! :toast

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-01-2007, 11:13 AM
LOL @ comparing Danny Ferry to NOc

Ferry was a damn bum and one of the biggest draft busts in NBA history

Vito Corleone
07-01-2007, 12:50 PM
LOL @ comparing Danny Ferry to NOc

Ferry was a damn bum and one of the biggest draft busts in NBA history

The only difference between Noc and Ferry is draft status. When Ferry was drafted everyone thought he would be the next Larry Bird, I don't think Noc was even drafted. If Noc was the #2 pick I'm sure everyone would look at him the same way.

If we can sign him and not trade anything away, I'm all for it, but he is not worth trading our quality european guys like Mahameni, or Splitter.

T Park
07-01-2007, 12:54 PM
The guys traded would be scola and Barry.

Nocioni is twice the player Danny Ferry was, buy a clue.

Vito Corleone
07-01-2007, 01:16 PM
The guys traded would be scola and Barry.
Nocioni is twice the player Danny Ferry was, buy a clue.

Really cause when I see him I see a guy that turns the ball over a hell of a lot more than Ferry did, He doesn't shoot as good as Ferry, he is a good rebounder but that is primarly because Ferry was a 3 and he played a lot of 4. He is also coming off of a career year where he was playing for a new contract.

Twice the player? The stats say otherwise, he would be what Ferry was here and nothing more. If he was as wonderful as you make him out to be I'm pretty sure the Bulls would try harder to keep him.

T Park
07-01-2007, 01:21 PM
So the stats.

Another person that goes by stats, instead of play on the court.

Congrats for reaching low depths on the intelligence pole Vito :tu

Big P
07-01-2007, 01:27 PM
Really cause when I see him I see a guy that turns the ball over a hell of a lot more than Ferry did, He doesn't shoot as good as Ferry, he is a good rebounder but that is primarly because Ferry was a 3 and he played a lot of 4. He is also coming off of a career year where he was playing for a new contract.

Twice the player? The stats say otherwise, he would be what Ferry was here and nothing more. If he was as wonderful as you make him out to be I'm pretty sure the Bulls would try harder to keep him.

The problem with Chicago keeping him is that eventually Noc will cause salary cap problems when the Bulls need to extend TT, Sefolosha & Noah, Deng & Gordon will probably be extended this summer & depending on how much they get, someone will eventually have to go, that someone will be Nocioni, he is the odd man out. Yes the Bulls like him, but when they have to decide between Deng, TT, Sefolosha, Noah & Nocioni, Nocioni will be the one to go. The Bulls & Nocioni realize this & it might be better for everyone involved right now to let Nocioni go where he wants to & the Bulls get expiring contracts & Scola. If the Bulls signed him right now & decided to trade him at the deadline or in the next year or two, Nocioni would not be able to have any say where they send him, Noc realizes this & knows that the best time for him to get out of Chicago is right now if he cares about where he wants to play & Chicago, just like most other teams does not want a disgruntled player on the team.

CosmicCowboy
07-01-2007, 01:40 PM
Ken Loomis has extensive experience in radio and television, having spent over 20 years as an announcer, production director, and program director at radio stations across the country. Throughout the 1980s he was heard locally in Dallas/Ft.Worth on both country music and easy listening popular music stations.

Sonny Melendez without any hair.

Ken Loomis
07-01-2007, 01:43 PM
Bulls wont trade him to the team who won the 2007* title. Keep dreaming and go sign Grant Hill.

T Park
07-01-2007, 01:44 PM
Once again, there hasn't be rumors, or even a leak to the press, that the Spurs are even remotely interested in Andres Nocioni.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-01-2007, 01:48 PM
Bulls wont trade him to the team who won the 2007* title. Keep dreaming and go sign Grant Hill.
Neither will he sign with the team that won the...oh wait.

texasqb2
07-01-2007, 01:50 PM
Once again, there hasn't be rumors, or even a leak to the press, that the Spurs are even remotely interested in Andres Nocioni.

uhm it was in the paper today.......plus they tried to get him before the Bulls did, only makes sense

Big P
07-01-2007, 01:50 PM

Ludden mentioned Nocioni in his article today.

Ken Loomis
07-01-2007, 01:51 PM
Neither will he sign with the team that won the...oh wait.

We dont need him. We have our own stud in Josh Howard. Your bench and role players will continue to get older and not to mention the Mavs are still a better team than the Spurs. You just got lucky and avoided us. Devin Harris, Dirk will continue to have their way against the Spurs. Go focus on signing washed up vets who think they can guard the 2006-2007 MVP!

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-01-2007, 01:57 PM
We have our own stud in Josh Howard.

He needs to learn how to call timeouts first. Bruce can take care of him anyways. :smokin

Go focus on signing washed up vets who think they can guard the 2006-2007 MVP!

You guys have a league MVP while we have a Finals MVP. :smokin

CosmicCowboy
07-01-2007, 02:13 PM
He needs to learn how to call timeouts first. Bruce can take care of him anyways. :smokin

You guys have a league MVP while we have 2 Finals MVPs. :smokin

Fixed it for you.

Atl Spur
07-01-2007, 02:19 PM
Mr. Loomis you seem very angry! Never question the cards that are dealt, just deal with the situation and move on sir. San Antonio are four(4) time nba champions...... give credit where credit is due sir and you to(dallas) may win someday. Be humble and gracious!

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-01-2007, 02:27 PM
Fixed it for you.
Lol. Thanks.

T Park
07-01-2007, 02:50 PM
All Ludden said, was the Spurs have been interested in the "PAST"

Then said immediately "but the bulls want him"

IMO, that means the Spurs aren't confident they can get him.

El_Mago
07-01-2007, 03:05 PM
Let's get real.

Nocioni is a restricted free agent.

Two of his best friends are here in San Antonio and just captured the NBA title.

San Antonio has show interest in him before.

It would be totally asinine to believe Nocioni has no thought about playing for the San Antonio Spurs.

However thinking and showing interest is totally different from making it happen.

Nocioni coming here and SA actually working out a deal is less than 50%.

Could it happen? Sure.

Will it happen? Probably not. RC Buford has already made it clear he does not forsee any drastic changes to our roster and is going to allow the guys to come back and defend the title.

T Park
07-01-2007, 03:08 PM
RC Buford has already made it clear he does not forsee any drastic changes to our roster and is going to allow the guys to come back and defend the title

The great RC Buford.... :rolleyes

FromWayDowntown
07-01-2007, 03:18 PM
We dont need him. We have our own stud in Josh Howard. Your bench and role players will continue to get older and not to mention the Mavs are still a better team than the Spurs. You just got lucky and avoided us. Devin Harris, Dirk will continue to have their way against the Spurs. Go focus on signing washed up vets who think they can guard the 2006-2007 MVP!

Do you teach your students that the best argument is one that offers little more than name-calling? I mean, I'm absolutely blown away by the illogic of your "argument" and the ready devolution into little other than juvenile attacks. If that's what you're teaching, you're doing a tremendous disservice to your students. I'd think you might want to reconsider the path that you're traversing here.

But since you opened the door, the scoreboard now reads 4-0. Maybe those 67 regular season wins and some belief that your Mavericks might have been able to defeat the Spurs in a playoff series will get you through this off-season. Absent a stupid play by a guy who is otherwise a champion, Mavs fans would still be wondering how on Earth to beat the Spurs in a playoff series.

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-01-2007, 04:43 PM
Let's get real.

Nocioni is a restricted free agent.

Two of his best friends are here in San Antonio and just captured the NBA title.

San Antonio has show interest in him before.

It would be totally asinine to believe Nocioni has no thought about playing for the San Antonio Spurs.

However thinking and showing interest is totally different from making it happen.

Nocioni coming here and SA actually working out a deal is less than 50%.

Could it happen? Sure.

Will it happen? Probably not. RC Buford has already made it clear he does not forsee any drastic changes to our roster and is going to allow the guys to come back and defend the title.

that's not the point

the reality is the Spurs don't have the $$$$$$ or the assets to acquire him

Ken Loomis
07-01-2007, 05:15 PM
Do you teach your students that the best argument is one that offers little more than name-calling? I mean, I'm absolutely blown away by the illogic of your "argument" and the ready devolution into little other than juvenile attacks. If that's what you're teaching, you're doing a tremendous disservice to your students. I'd think you might want to reconsider the path that you're traversing here.

But since you opened the door, the scoreboard now reads 4-0. Maybe those 67 regular season wins and some belief that your Mavericks might have been able to defeat the Spurs in a playoff series will get you through this off-season. Absent a stupid play by a guy who is otherwise a champion, Mavs fans would still be wondering how on Earth to beat the Spurs in a playoff series.

I am a GREAT professor. Just ask any student who has had me at TCU. My signature also explains what my goal is towards my students.

:lmao :lmao Spurs didn't see the Mavs this year in the playoffs, which granted them an easy road to the 2007* title. Scoreboard reads Avery 1 Pop 0 in head to head match ups against the Mavs.

Atl Spur
07-01-2007, 05:28 PM
WOW Mr. Loomis.........WOW!

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-01-2007, 05:29 PM
I am a GREAT professor. Just ask any student who has had me at TCU. My signature also explains what my goal is towards my students.

Do we give a fuck?

:lmao :lmao Spurs didn't see the Mavs this year in the playoffs

Because they lost to an 8th seed.

which granted them an easy road to the 2007* title.

Yea. The teams left in the playoffs like Phoenix sucked. :rolleyes

Scoreboard reads Avery 1 Pop 0 in head to head match ups against the Mavs.
Who cares? We're the champions.

Ken Loomis
07-01-2007, 05:30 PM
WOW Mr. Loomis.........WOW!

Please call me Professor Loomis. Thanks! :)

picnroll
07-01-2007, 05:33 PM
I'm assuming this is some kid that got a bad grade from this guy Loomis, impersonating him to embarass him. At least for TCU's sake I hope it is.

Ken Loomis
07-01-2007, 05:33 PM
Do we give a fuck?

Because they lost to an 8th seed.

Yea. The teams left in the playoffs like Phoenix sucked. :rolleyes

Who cares? We're the champions.

Well I was asked about it so yes some of your fellow Spurs fans do give a fuck if they asked. We lost to a bad match up. The Spurs wouldn't have given the Mavs that tough or even as close of a series. Mavs would have probably won in 5-6 games. You are the 2007* champions now, but keeping your team together pretty much guarantees you wont repeat next season.

Ken Loomis
07-01-2007, 05:34 PM
I'm assuming this is some kid that got a bad grade from this guy Loomis, impersonating him to embarass him. At least for TCU's sake I hope it is.

I am a fair professor. Study my power point notes and do your assignments and no one should have any problems passing my classes.

Slinkyman
07-01-2007, 05:36 PM
I am a fair professor. Study my power point notes and do your assignments and no one should have any problems passing my classes.

They teach trolling at TCU? I know alot of mavs and suns fans that would pass that class.

Ken Loomis
07-01-2007, 05:40 PM
They teach trolling at TCU? I know alot of mavs and suns fans that would pass that class.

:rolleyes :rolleyes
I am sorry but I don't teach trolling. I teach RTVF courses! Read the signature....

The classes he teaches at TCU in Fort Worth, Texas, include History of Broadcasting, Management for Broadcast, Cable, & Film, Broadcast & Cable Programming, and Audience Research.

Kori Ellis
07-01-2007, 05:40 PM
Get back on topic.

Thanks.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-01-2007, 05:41 PM
The Spurs wouldn't have given the Mavs that tough or even as close of a series. Mavs would have probably won in 5-6 games.
There's always that "what if" :dramaquee

You are the 2007* champions now, but keeping your team together pretty much guarantees you wont repeat next season.
We still have an offseason to go. I'm pretty sure we'll make a tweak here and there. :smokin

Ken Loomis
07-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Get back on topic.

Thanks.

Sure thing Ms. Ellis. Spurs wont land Nocioni. It is a pipe dream and the Bulls will not do a deal with a team who just won it all.

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-01-2007, 05:42 PM
My bad Kori.

Vito Corleone
07-01-2007, 06:03 PM

You have got to be a Spurs fan acting like a Mavericks fan, no one not even a Mavs fan is this stupid. You were no closer to being better than the best team in the NBA than you were being better than the Warriors.

You see when the playoffs rolled around the Spurs kicked it up about 3 notches, your little bunch pansies just got kicked.

Now the head pansey is suing the foot for knowing where to insert the boot.

CosmicCowboy
07-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Now the head pansey is suing the foot for knowing where to insert the boot.

now THATS funny!

El_Mago
07-01-2007, 06:12 PM
Professor Loomis with the "pipe dream" comment.

Classic.

TCU Sucks.

Ken Loomis
07-01-2007, 07:16 PM
Professor Loomis with the "pipe dream" comment.

Classic.

TCU Sucks.

Say what you want about the University where I teach at. I am enjoying my stay there. You aren't landing Nocioni. Teams wont help out the Spurs in terms of getting better.

Switchman
07-01-2007, 07:27 PM
Nocioniiiiiiiiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MAKE THIS SHIT HAPPEN!

skeet skeet.

El_Mago
07-01-2007, 07:28 PM
Ken "I'm going bald" Loomis, is legit.

http://www.rtvf.tcu.edu/faculty_loomis.asp

Switchman
07-01-2007, 07:39 PM
Nocioni is a scrub on a scrub team, he is not a starter and would not be considered a starter here. So why would we want to trade away guys that would be a starter here in a few years for a guy that is at best Danny Ferry.

Lies.

T Park
07-01-2007, 07:47 PM
Here I saw all these replies to this thread, i thought there was actual news about Nocioni.

Instead I see BS coming from "GASP!!!!" A MAVS TROLL!!!

Give it a friggen break and STFU.

FromWayDowntown
07-01-2007, 07:53 PM
Say what you want about the University where I teach at. I am enjoying my stay there. You aren't landing Nocioni. Teams wont help out the Spurs in terms of getting better.

You teach at a university but end sentences with prepositions?

I digress.

While I don't think that a Nocioni deal will work out, I think you're wrong to believe that teams will categorically exclude the Spurs from any negotiations.

That's particularly true in this case, since the impetus for a deal to send out Nocioni would be his independent consummation of a deal with the Spurs. It would be in Chicago's best interests at that point to make a deal because: (1) Nocioni is terribly redundant for them; (2) they still have needs of their own -- needs the Spurs might be able to fill; and (3) they would be able to at least get something for Nocioni if the deal is for just a bit above the MLE.

Again, I don't think it will work because I don't foresee the Spurs trying to make that sort of a free agent splash. But I don't think that the impediment to making a deal is the Spurs' status as the champion, again.

T Park
07-01-2007, 07:56 PM
Again, I don't think it will work because I don't foresee the Spurs trying to make that sort of a free agent splash. But I don't think that the impediment to making a deal is the Spurs' status as the champion, again

IMO, if they got Nocioni, that would vault them back to the top as contenders.

They've got to improve this offseason, they just cant resign their FAs, and just say "ok Marcus, White, Butler. IMPROVE"

It can't work to win next year doing that.

jag
07-01-2007, 08:01 PM
IMO, if they got Nocioni, that would vault them back to the top as contenders.

They've got to improve this offseason, they just cant resign their FAs, and just say "ok Marcus, White, Butler. IMPROVE"

It can't work to win next year doing that.

This is exactly what was said last offseason when we couldnt find a center.

Everyone wants there team to make huge blockbuster deals in the offseason. There is a reason the spurs dont have salary cap problems.

Ken Loomis
07-01-2007, 08:01 PM
Here I saw all these replies to this thread, i thought there was actual news about Nocioni.

Yay Tpark is talking. Go stuff your triple chinned face with another jelly donut.

FromWayDowntown
07-01-2007, 08:05 PM
Yay Tpark is talking. Go stuff your triple chinned face with another jelly donut.

That's a lot of TPark knowledge for someone with only 21 posts.

I'm guessing that this isn't your first screen name. That, or the legend of TPark has spread like wildfire across the internets.

In any event, it's usually not helpful to your argument to run so quickly to defensive personal cracks like that one.

El_Mago
07-01-2007, 08:06 PM
Ouch.

T Park
07-01-2007, 08:07 PM
JAG Im not asking for a superstar im asking for upgrading the roster.

If you think staying put with the current team as is will win? Im sorry but you would be very wrong.

td4mvp3
07-01-2007, 08:19 PM

:tu

and anyone who goes with the argument of "the spurs won it this year but have no shot next year" while rooting for a team that has yet to win anything just isn't worth this much attention.

Big P
07-01-2007, 08:22 PM
Quit feeding the trolls.

Bruno
07-01-2007, 11:33 PM
http://www.elcorreodigital.com/alava/20070702/deportes/tau/conocera-esta-semana-scola-20070702.html

It seems that the deadline for Scola to give an answer to TAU is July 15th.
Can a spanish speaking poster do a summary of this article, please ?

timvp
07-01-2007, 11:41 PM
http://www.elcorreodigital.com/alava/20070702/deportes/tau/conocera-esta-semana-scola-20070702.html

Yeah, that's in need of a translation. I think it says that Scola's contract expires June 30th, 2008. And that he has until July 15th this year to possibly buy out the final year of his contract.

Or I could be way off. :smokin

timvp
07-01-2007, 11:43 PM

I think it might also mention a Nocioni trade possibility :hungry:

Pablo Escobar
07-01-2007, 11:51 PM
The light will be opening treads the next days to clarify the future sport of the TAU. The past it made Thursday with the celebration of “draft” of NBA and the election of Tiago Splitter in number 28 in charge of San Antonio Spurs and already will continue at the time of clearing the incognito with respect to a capital piece; Luis Scola. The vitoriano club delay to know this week incoming if the Buenosairean wing-pívot continues or in Vitoria one more season or does not manage to give the jump NBA, that dream that every summer is made a little more unattainable. According to it stipulates his contract, that it does not expire until the 30 of June of 2008, the azulgrana captain must of term until next day 15 to present/display to the baskonista organization a proposal signs arrival from the other side of the Atlantic that allows to break its azulgrana connection by means of the corresponding payment of the rescission clause. Nevertheless, as much from the TAU as from the surroundings of the player one trusts that the panorama is clarified before. In opinion of the agent of Scola, Claudius Villanueva, “this type of operations or takes place in one week or they never occur”. “I do not believe that he happens of this week”, the representative calculates. And while the term is exhausted, the days follow one another without the Spurs has considered a crossing of the rights of Scola, a do-nothing policy that enlarges the hopes of which the TAU maintains in list to their ship standard on the park. In fact, the election of Splitter in the recent “lottery of novices” increases the conviction that still more the tejana tax exemption has parked desire completely to recruit the albiceleste player. Only an equipment of the American competition has considered an operation with Scola like protagonist. The Chicago Bulls recently hefted the possibility of an exchange that would command to Nocioni to the Spurs and it would allow them to recruit the azulgrana captain. Nevertheless, resemblance movement has been discarded of plane before the desire of the ex- baskonista eaves of not exerting of currency of right change in the summer in which it must sign his second contract in NBA. At the moment, the “Chapu” is restricted free agent, can sign a contract with any tax exemption and the Bulls has the right to equal the supply to maintain it in their rows. And is not going it to need to proposals to once open Nocioni the market of free agents. Renovation A hypothetical future in NBA for Scola happens to saturate in another destiny that is not the one of the present champion of the best league of the world. But the present maintains to him like referential player in the vitoriano equipment with one more season of contract and the possibility of renewing its bond with the TAU. The last summer the club already proposed the prorogation to him of its contract and the azulgrana president, Hustles Querejeta, always has proclaimed their desire that Scola retires dressing the elastic baskonista. to close its continuity, Scola would fulfill his eighth season in Vitoria.

Steve-O-Matic
07-02-2007, 12:04 AM
Sheesh, the interpreted version of the article made less sense than the original.

Slinkyman
07-02-2007, 12:18 AM
chicago tribune (http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/cs-070701bulls,1,4959795.story?coll=chi-sportstop-hed&ctrack=1&cset=true)

By K.C. Johnson
Tribune staff reporter
Published July 2, 2007

Nobody can accuse Bulls general manager John Paxson of not being direct.

Agents and players say his philosophy in negotiations is to attempt to be fair, honest and above board.

Perhaps that's why Andres Nocioni is telling contacts in Argentina he wouldn't be surprised to be traded this summer.

Nocioni, 27, told those same contacts that Paxson informed him in his season-exit interview that the Bulls' No. 1 off-season goal is to acquire a scoring power forward.

That might even further limit minutes for the manic Nocioni, who happens to play both at power forward and the same small-forward position as a burgeoning All-Star in Luol Deng.

The Bulls respect and appreciate Nocioni's grit, determination and skill.

They would also gladly welcome the restricted free agent back—at the right price.

But if Nocioni, resting in his homeland after a serious bout with plantar fasciitis in his right foot, commands an offer sheet in the $6 million to $8 million range, expect the Bulls to explore sign-and-trade options.

The Spurs and Lakers are two teams that long have admired Nocioni's style of play.

Neither team has salary-cap room, meaning they only could offer the midlevel salary-cap exception, to be set July 11 at approximately $5.5 million.

The Bulls would match that salary.

But the Bulls might attempt to offer Nocioni, whose first choice is to return to the Bulls, as sign-and-trade bait in a larger deal as they monitor the Kevin Garnett sweepstakes in Minnesota and perhaps revisit talks with the Grizzlies regarding Pau Gasol.

Sunday marked the first day of the free-agent recruiting period. Players can agree to terms but are prohibited from signing contracts until July 11.

The Bulls, as expected, contacted representatives for available big men such as Chris Mihm, Melvin Ely, Joe Smith, Corliss Williamson, Marc Jackson and P.J. Brown.

Chicago-based agent Mark Bartelstein said on Sunday that Brown is out of the country until the middle of this week and hasn't decided if he will retire after a solid 14-year NBA career.

That also means Brown hasn't decided on whether he'd be amenable to a sign-and-trade scenario should the Bulls be able to interest a team to take his expiring contract as part of a larger deal.

Only the first year of Brown's signed-and-traded contract would have to be guaranteed, perhaps making it attractive to teams looking to trim payroll.

The Mavericks are one team that could express interest in Brown, who, as an unrestricted free agent, can sign with any team without involving the Bulls.

Bartelstein also represents Mikki Moore, who might interest the Bulls but is expected to re-sign with the Nets.

Mihm might be the most intriguing possibility for the Bulls, who are armed with the midlevel salary-cap exception as well as the biannual veteran's exception worth approximately $1.8 million.

Mihm averaged 10.2 points on 50.1 percent shooting and 6.2 rebounds in 59 games for the 2005-06 Lakers before missing all of last season following two ankle surgeries.

A person familiar with Mihm's status said the 7-footer isn't in game shape but is 100 percent physically and eager to play after his initial ankle injury and first surgery weren't diagnosed properly.

It's unknown if the Bulls contacted David Falk, the agent for Keith Van Horn, who, like Mihm, sat out last season after averaging 8.9 points for the Mavericks in 59 games in 2005-06.

hmmm... scola/ely + junk for nocioni?

Mr.Bottomtooth
07-02-2007, 12:25 AM
Scola+Ely+Barry+2nd rounder for Nocioni.

Darkwaters
07-02-2007, 12:29 AM
I guess I don't understand why the Bulls would have interest in Ely (especially after they just drafted Noah and Gray) but...whatever. A S&T of Ely + Barry + Scola's rights + draft picks (a pair of 2nd rounders most likely) would be a decent trade. Ely is a guy that they apparently think could potentially warrant a double down low and obviously the same can be said with more assurance about Scola. This being the principle piece that the Bulls are lacking in their offensive scheme makes them both valuable. Barry is a scrap for us at this point and is primarily there for salary purposes. But with small guards like JamesOn Curry and Ben Gordon on the Bulls roster a taller combo guard like Barry could have some value when paired in the backcourt with them. Gordon and Curry could fire away while Barry helped create.

This trade makes sense for both sides and it really just comes down to what other offers are out there for Nocioni.

T Park
07-02-2007, 01:02 AM
Damn, could this be for real?

T Park
07-02-2007, 01:30 AM
Its like, its there.

You want to just scream at the Spurs DO THIS!!!!!!!!!!

:lol

whottt
07-02-2007, 01:36 AM
C'mon Johnny...you were a Spur once, do the right thing.

whottt
07-02-2007, 01:37 AM
WTF do the Lakers want with Nocioni? They only have like 42 SF and PF on their roster. Hopefully Nocioni will notice that.

T Park
07-02-2007, 01:40 AM
If Im pop I go to Andy, and say we will give you the 7 million.

Then turn around and immediately work out a deal with Chicago.

Barry and and maybe a resigned Ely along with Scola and Beno might do it.

Manudona
07-02-2007, 01:47 AM
Well, I am sure a roster with

Ginobili
Oberto
Nocioni
And
Delfino

Would have lots of balls

whottt
07-02-2007, 01:58 AM
Well, I am sure a roster with

Ginobili
Oberto
Nocioni
And
Delfino

Would have lots of balls

And one guranteed asshole.

BeerIsGood!
07-02-2007, 02:04 AM
If Im pop I go to Andy, and say we will give you the 7 million.

Then turn around and immediately work out a deal with Chicago.

Barry and and maybe a resigned Ely along with Scola and Beno might do it.

The Spurs are going to have to get Scola to agree and sign this season first, and I think that may be an issue as well. If the Bulls value Scola as an inside scorer this could very possibly get worked out since Nocioni is expendable to them, but I just wonder how much they value Scola.

T Park
07-02-2007, 02:30 AM
The Spurs are going to have to get Scola to agree and sign this season first, and I think that may be an issue as well. If the Bulls value Scola as an inside scorer this could very possibly get worked out since Nocioni is expendable to them, but I just wonder how much they value Scola.

they don't need to sign scola.

they can just trade his rights

BeerIsGood!
07-02-2007, 04:11 AM
they don't need to sign scola.

they can just trade his rights

The only way they're getting Nocioni is on a sign and trade, and with that they would have to have Scola agree to terms of a contract and then have the Bulls agree on the terms as well. That's if they're going after Nocioni.

They don't have to agree to terms to sign Scola if they are trading his rights, but in a sign and trade they have to have the terms ironed out and agreed to by the other team in the deal.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-02-2007, 04:23 AM
The only way they're getting Nocioni is on a sign and trade, and with that they would have to have Scola agree to terms of a contract and then have the Bulls agree on the terms as well. That's if they're going after Nocioni.

They don't have to agree to terms to sign Scola if they are trading his rights, but in a sign and trade they have to have the terms ironed out and agreed to by the other team in the deal.

Umm, no they wouldnt.

They can trade the rights to Scola end of discussion, they can include signed players as well to mitigate the cap. Draft picks have no cap value either and still can be part of said deal.

BeerIsGood!
07-02-2007, 04:27 AM
Umm, no they wouldnt.

They can trade the rights to Scola end of discussion, they can include signed players as well to mitigate the cap. Draft picks have no cap value either and still can be part of said deal.

I seriously doubt the Bulls are going to give up Nocioni for the rights to Scola - with absolutely no guarantee that Scola will even play next season in the NBA. If the Bulls are smart - they make the Spurs get Scola on terms and navigate the buyout before agreeing to send Nocioni to SA. Paxson's not an idiot - he'll make sure he knows what terms he's working with before trading for Scola.

FuzzyLumpkins
07-02-2007, 04:31 AM
I seriously doubt the Bulls are going to give up Nocioni for the rights to Scola - with absolutely no guarantee that Scola will even play next season in the NBA. If the Bulls are smart - they make the Spurs get Scola on terms and navigate the buyout before agreeing to send Nocioni to SA. Paxson's not an idiot - he'll make sure he knows what terms he's working with before trading for Scola.

Obviously Scola by himself wouldnt get it done. You were saying that we would have to sign Scola first before we traded him.

Bruno
07-02-2007, 05:30 AM

It's now on Tau official website :
http://www.baskonia.com/web/actualidad_1.asp

One thing is now sure :
Reports saying that Scola didn't want to come in nba and was ready to sign a new contract with Tau were BS.

objective
07-02-2007, 05:54 AM
anyone have a full translation of those?

JPB
07-02-2007, 06:58 AM
From what I can understand, it says that the situation should be cleared before the deadline and that days are passing and the spurs didn't manifest themselves for an acquisition of his rights.
Also that Tau's president said last year he'd like Scola to play his entire career in his team and retire here.

ducks
07-02-2007, 07:08 AM
manu needs to call nocioni

Darkwaters
07-02-2007, 07:13 AM
Trade Wouldn't Come As A Surprise To Nocioni
July 2, 2007 - 4:53 am
Chicago Tribune -
The Bulls like restricted free agent Andres Nocioni, and would love the hard working forward back, as long as the price is right. But the Bulls also need a scoring power forward, which would reduce Nocioni's minutes further.

If Nocioni, resting in his homeland after a serious bout with plantar fasciitis in his right foot, commands an offer sheet in the $6 million to $8 million range, expect the Bulls to explore sign-and-trade options.

The Spurs and Lakers are two teams that long have admired Nocioni's style of play.

Neither team has salary-cap room, meaning they only could offer the midlevel salary-cap exception, to be set July 11 at approximately $5.5 million, which the Bulls would match.

Nocioni may be used as sign and trade bait to land the player who would meet the team's needs, along with someone like P.J. Brown, although the Chicago Tribune reports that Brown has not yet decided whether he's going to retire or play on.

Only the first year of Brown's signed-and-traded contract would have to be guaranteed, perhaps making it attractive to teams looking to trim payroll.

The Bulls, as expected, contacted representatives for available big men such as Chris Mihm, Melvin Ely, Joe Smith, Corliss Williamson, Marc Jackson and Brown.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/46848/20070702/trade_wouldnt_come_as_a_surprise_to_nocioni/

Streakyshooter08
07-02-2007, 07:31 AM
Do. it.

smeagol
07-02-2007, 08:17 AM
SpursFans are not focusing at all on the plantar facwhatever the fuck it's called.

No need to be concearned?

ArgSpursFan
07-02-2007, 08:23 AM
He ended the season playing.Yes He is using the plantar faciliti shit,but I think it is just because he wants to give his foot a good rest and rehab.

Aggie Hoopsfan
07-02-2007, 08:24 AM
SpursFans are not focusing at all on the plantar facwhatever the fuck it's called.

Duncan had it last year. Don't you think he looked okay this year?

AFBlue
07-02-2007, 08:35 AM
Him having plantar faciitis and playing poorly in the playoffs are a large reason why he's affordable enough for the Spurs to be in the S&T discussion. So his ailment is probably more of a blessing than a worry.

Assuming he takes it easy this summer, he should be ready for regular competition in the fall.

So, no it doesn't concern me very much....especially when this guy could be the answer to small-ball 4 that the Spurs need.

timvp
07-02-2007, 10:37 AM
It looks like basically the Spurs have less than two weeks to try to get this Scola + filler for Nocioni deal done. It's highly unlikely the Bulls will give up Nocioni for Scola unless they get assurances that Scola will suit up for them this season.

Buddy Holly
07-02-2007, 11:01 AM
Scola, Barry, Beno, Butler, picks for Nocioni, PJ Brown.

Buddy Holly
07-02-2007, 11:03 AM
It's highly unlikely the Bulls will give up Nocioni for Scola unless they get assurances that Scola will suit up for them this season.

Well, it's not happening then seeing how SpursReport is reporting he has "no desire to play in the NBA." :dramaquee

In all seriousness, how much will his buyout be this summer?

ArgSpursFan
07-02-2007, 11:05 AM
around $2.5 M

Darkwaters
07-02-2007, 11:13 AM
around $2.5 M

This fool needs a better agent. That contract he signed with Tau back in the day was absolutely horrible.

T Park
07-02-2007, 11:21 AM
so pretty much the spurs could use the MLE on Scola and package that with barry for Nocioni.

COME ON RC. FOR ONCE IN YOUR LIFE DO IT MAN!!!

whottt
07-02-2007, 11:23 AM

Stop hating on Argies!

T Park
07-02-2007, 11:36 AM
The plantar fascitis, if taken care of correctly, is prob fine.

That doesn't bother me.

What bothers me is, the Spurs wanting to buy out scola's contract so they can get Nocioni

Bruno
07-02-2007, 11:44 AM
Nocioni isn't perfect : he isn't very long or athletic, he isn't a great defender and he has his PF trouble. BUT, Spurs will never find the perfect long 3 and Nocioni has a lot of qualities. Nocioni would be a great addition to SA.

What bothers me is, the Spurs wanting to buy out scola's contract so they can get Nocioni

Spurs don't need to sign Scola, they just had to trade his rights.