PDA

View Full Version : What free agents do you hope the Spurs visit on July 1?

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 12:26 PM
?

T Park
06-30-2007, 12:28 PM
Andres nocioni, Devin Brown, Jannero Pargo.

In that order please :)

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2007, 12:31 PM
Andres Nocioni
Chucky Atkins
Jannero Pargo
Aaron Miles
Anyone else that I left off that we can use as our backup PG.

T Park
06-30-2007, 12:32 PM
Yeah ok, add chucky atkins to my list too.

Him and Pargo are similar in that their are shooting PGs.

El_Mago
06-30-2007, 12:32 PM
We will only probably visit Chapu.

Everyone else will probably be brought into SA.

AFBlue
06-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Brevin Knight

Gros Membres!
06-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Nocioni
Backup PG - never liked Atkins, don't know enough about Pargo. He's always reminded me of Tony and streaky.
Grant Hill (dependent on if Barry is traded)

Darkwaters
06-30-2007, 12:35 PM
Andres Nocioni
James Posey
Devin Brown

Chucky Atkins
Zabian Dowdell
Aaron Miles

MrChug
06-30-2007, 12:37 PM
#1. Gerald Wallace (hey, I can dream)
#2. Brevin Knight (a veteran, low-risk, hi B.B. IQ defender).
#3. Andres Nocioni (I think the chances of him signing are sooooooooooo far off that he's 3rd on my list but he really is 2nd to Wallace)

El_Mago
06-30-2007, 12:44 PM
No meeting with Dowdell.

Signed with Seattle Summer League.

No Devin Brown. He will sign with New Orleans.

T Park
06-30-2007, 12:45 PM
No Devin Brown. He will sign with New Orleans

link?

thekingrobert
06-30-2007, 12:45 PM
Joe Smith
Jason Kapono

El_Mago
06-30-2007, 01:01 PM
No link.

But, I assure you Devin Brown loves New Orleans, and Bryan Scott believes he fits in his system.

Devin had told his agent to do whatever possible to get him back in New Orleans.

T Park
06-30-2007, 01:05 PM
Devin had told his agent to do whatever possible to get him back in New Orleans.

When and where was this?

Big P
06-30-2007, 01:06 PM
In order:

Nocioni
Pietrus
Atkins

for SF projects
Korolev
Ersan Ilyasova

random
Joe Smith
Kapono

FromWayDowntown
06-30-2007, 01:07 PM
Given the allegations about Devin's difficulty in complying with certain team obligations while in San Antonio, I'm not sure that it was ever realistic to think that Pop would try to woo him back.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-30-2007, 01:21 PM
Pietrus
Posey

While talking on the phone with Chicago about Nocioni.

Streakyshooter08
06-30-2007, 01:30 PM
I hope for: Nocioni, Oberto, Pietrus... if they can't get them Posey or maybe Travis Outlaw... to a lesser extend Hill (last option)

I really don't know if there are any good PGs available via free agency. Knight and Atkins maybe. I don't think they would be great but they are better than the Beno/Vaughn combo.

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Nocioni, Pietrus, and Posey.

Spurs Dynasty 21
06-30-2007, 01:32 PM
Gerald Wallace
Noc

Big P
06-30-2007, 01:34 PM
Mcdyess picked up his option & will be with Detroit next season.

T Park
06-30-2007, 01:35 PM
Nocioni, Pietrus, McDyess, and Posey.

McDyess isn't a free agent.

JamStone
06-30-2007, 01:37 PM
If I were a Spurs fan ...

Nocioni, James Posey, Ime Udoka, Charlie Bell, and Jason Hart

RobinsontoDuncan
06-30-2007, 01:38 PM
Given the allegations about Devin's difficulty in complying with certain team obligations while in San Antonio, I'm not sure that it was ever realistic to think that Pop would try to woo him back.

? What were those, i dont think i ever heard that story

HJNTX
06-30-2007, 01:41 PM

I wish they would consider Devin Brown again ..

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 01:42 PM
McDyess isn't a free agent.
Yeah, you're right. I could've sworn I read he was opting out but he has decided to stay. Nevermind then.

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 01:43 PM
If I were a Spurs fan ...

Nocioni, James Posey, Ime Udoka, Charlie Bell, and Jason Hart

:lmao

cherylsteele
06-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Yeah ok, add chucky atkins to my list too.

Him and Pargo are similar in that their are shooting PGs.
Atkins? He has missed alot of games to injury....doesn't seem to durable to me. I would pass because of this unless you can get him pretty cheaply.

cherylsteele
06-30-2007, 01:53 PM
I remember an interview here locally he said he was keeping his options open and the Spurs are not out of the question.

Russ
06-30-2007, 02:41 PM
I would want to know what Chris Mims' injury situation is. The Spurs have shown interest in the past. He could be a possibility, but seems very brittle.

T Park
06-30-2007, 02:43 PM
Spurs Have > Chris Mihm honestly IMSO.

Jason Hart? :lol Been there, done that, no thanks.

Although they get jason the year after every championship sans 06 and 2000.

Bruno
06-30-2007, 02:51 PM
First things to do tomorrow :
- Nocioni.
- re-signing Oberto.
- re-signign Vaughn for the min if he agrees.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2007, 03:08 PM
- Nocioni.
- re-signing Oberto.
:tu

cherylsteele
06-30-2007, 03:10 PM
- Nocioni.
- re-signing Oberto.
Do you actually think we could sign Nocioni?
I would love this but I think it is just wishful thinking....I'd love to be wrong though.

cherylsteele
06-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Spurs Have > Chris Mihm honestly IMSO.

Jason Hart? :lol Been there, done that, no thanks.

Although they get jason the year after every championship sans 06 and 2000.
I actually liked Hart....I guess we disagree.
I think Vaughn did a solid job though. I'll not forget that Houston game where he made that sliding steal and then the bucket (and 1 I think)...that was just awesome.

T Park
06-30-2007, 03:14 PM
- Nocioni.
- re-signing Oberto.

add in try to secretly bribe tau to let Splitter go, and You've got my vote :tu

T Park
06-30-2007, 03:16 PM
I actually liked Hart....I guess we disagree.
I think Vaughn did a solid job though. I'll not forget that Houston game where he made that sliding steal and then the bucket (and 1 I think)...that was just awesome.

Hart is what he is. A third string point guard.

Vaughn is a decent back up, but I am with TIMVP in that we need someone more athletic, a tad longer, and someone that can hit the jumper more consistently.

velik_m
06-30-2007, 03:18 PM
Spurs should get Slokar.

Bruno
06-30-2007, 03:25 PM
Do you actually think we could sign Nocioni?
I would love this but I think it is just wishful thinking....I'd love to be wrong though.

One thing is sure : if Spurs don't try to get Nocioni, they won't get him.

To do a Nocioni S&T with Scola, there are 3 steps :

Step 1 : Speak with Scola and his agent to see what kind of contract he wants to play in nba.
Step 2 : Speak with Chicago to see if they are interested in Scola or something else for Nocioni.
Step 3 : Speak with Nocioni and his agent to see if he wants to play with Spurs and what contract he wants.

If Spurs are interest in Nocioni, they still should have done step 1 and step 2. Baring they have had a positive result for step 1 and 2, they should try step 3.
Spurs FO should have a good idea if they can get Nocioni because they know step 1 and 2 results. If Bulls have still said that nothing on Spurs roster interest them, Spurs won't go after Nocioni tomorrow.

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2007, 03:33 PM
If Bulls have still said that nothing on Spurs roster interest them, Spurs won't go after Nocioni tomorrow.
Are you saying that if the Spurs don't look at Nocioni tomorrow they will never look at him again this offseason? Or are you just saying tomorrow just because being how it's the start of free agency?

JamStone
06-30-2007, 03:39 PM
:lmao

He's gotten better.

He's better than Beno.

JPB
06-30-2007, 03:39 PM
Not visit but watch carefully Aaron Miles during the summer league.

cherylsteele
06-30-2007, 03:41 PM
Hart is what he is. A third string point guard.

Vaughn is a decent back up, but I am with TIMVP in that we need someone more athletic, a tad longer, and someone that can hit the jumper more consistently.
I am not disagreeing with you and Timvp about the athletic part, don't get me wrong. If we can get a good young athletic back-up for TP, great...do it. But being a solid veteran has it's positives too.

Oh well...we disagree on Hart...such is life.....I know we both want the same things....good solid FO moves to improve the team and keep winning.

As backup, I thought Hart did allright....so did Vaughn...if we can combine Hart's speed, with Vaughn's maturity.....oh well.

Bruno
06-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Are you saying that if the Spurs don't look at Nocioni tomorrow they will never look at him again this offseason? Or are you just saying tomorrow just because being how it's the start of free agency?

I've said tomorrow because it's the start of the free agency.
Nocioni case should too be solved fast. Biggest free agents sign very soon in the offseason if they don't hit a snag.

T Park
06-30-2007, 03:46 PM
Well I like Hart don't get me wrong.

I like him the same way I like Vaughn.

Solid vet points, but shouldn't be PRIMARY backups.

T Park
06-30-2007, 03:47 PM
Nocioni case should too be solved fast. Biggest free agents sign very soon in the offseason if they don't hit a snag

Yeah, tommarow should indicate if the Spurs want him or not

If you hear a report of Pop and Ginobili and Oberto meeting him in Argentina, or wherever he resides in the summer, then theres a great chance of him being a Spur.

cherylsteele
06-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Well I like Hart don't get me wrong.

I like him the same way I like Vaughn.

Solid vet points, but shouldn't be PRIMARY backups.
Okay...I'll buy that.

cherylsteele
06-30-2007, 03:53 PM

Devin Brown...definitely....I wish we never lost him.
Along with Nocioni...we should go after him too.

cherylsteele
06-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Yeah, tommarow should indicate if the Spurs want him or not

If you hear a report of Pop and Ginobili and Oberto meeting him in Argentina, or wherever he resides in the summer, then theres a great chance of him being a Spur.
At this rate we might as well go after the whole Argentine Nat'l Team.

Brutalis
06-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Nocioni, Pietrus, Knight, Wallace.

I think at least one of those big 3 would sign for less to contend for a title...

bdictjames
06-30-2007, 04:01 PM
Nocioni, and dont you all laugh, Grant Hill

T Park
06-30-2007, 04:04 PM
Well if you get Nocioni then, IMO, theres nothing left for Grant Hill.

God if they got Nocioni.......

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 04:04 PM
I'd like the Spurs to look at Amir Johnson.

T Park
06-30-2007, 04:06 PM
He isn't property of the Pistons?

Hmmmmmmmmm. Wasn't he the NBDL scoring champion?

cherylsteele
06-30-2007, 04:07 PM
He looks like he could be a Bowen-type player....I wouldn't mind him at all.

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 04:13 PM
He isn't property of the Pistons?

He's a restricted FA as far as I know.

T Park
06-30-2007, 04:17 PM
That would tie up some of the MLE doing that.

If it doesn't hurt going after Nocioni, I'm all for it.

shelshor
06-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Gerald Wallace
Nocioni
Brevin Knight
Posey

He's not a free agent, but I'm curious what the Sonics would want for Delonte West

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 04:18 PM
Well I don't think they'll get Nocioni, so I was trying to name other players.

Amir Johnson can play the 3/4 and had better rebounding numbers last year than anyone on the Spurs outside Duncan.

T Park
06-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Amir Johnson can play the 3/4 and had better rebounding numbers last year than anyone on the Spurs outside Duncan

Hmmmm

The dirk stopper......

I like your thinkin Mrs Ellis.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-30-2007, 05:20 PM
I don't get the Grant Hill love. This isn't a fucking retirement home, it's an NBA franchise.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-30-2007, 05:21 PM
BTW, Seattle has about 20 point guards on their roster now, seems like a good place to shop for a backup.

texasqb2
06-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Even if Chicago is not interested in Scola, picks, Barry, whatever....I'd still offer Nocioni the full MLE for however long we can and make Chicago have to match it (saying Noc wants to be a Spur and would sign for that). I'd bring Grant Hill in tomorrow with Nocioni and let Timmy, Manu, and Bruce talk with them and take them around.

texasqb2
06-30-2007, 05:34 PM
I don't get the Grant Hill love. This isn't a fucking retirement home, it's an NBA franchise.

IMO I would hope we would look to sign Grant Hill type players this offseason. I'd love the Spurs to sign 1 year contracts left and right....this is why I think Oberto messed up (I am not so sure we are gonna give him what he wants)....I don't want anyone with a contract passed 2007 besides our big 3 so we can sign another superstar next summer and save our money.

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 05:39 PM
BTW, Seattle has about 20 point guards on their roster now, seems like a good place to shop for a backup.

What point guards do they have? They are going to have DWest play SG I think. Who else do they have outside Rid/Watson?

They have tons or 3's and 4's and no real shooting guards.

Forwards - Rashard, Green, Wilkens, Szczerbiak, Gelabale, Durant, Wilcox, Collison

T Park
06-30-2007, 06:02 PM
I don't want anyone with a contract passed 2007 besides our big 3 so we can sign another superstar next summer and save our money.

Yeah cause that worked out fantasticly in 2003.

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-30-2007, 06:13 PM
IMO I would hope we would look to sign Grant Hill type players this offseason. I'd love the Spurs to sign 1 year contracts left and right....this is why I think Oberto messed up (I am not so sure we are gonna give him what he wants)....I don't want anyone with a contract passed 2007 besides our big 3 so we can sign another superstar next summer and save our money.

We don't need any more old people on the perimeter. We still have Finley and Barry. We need to get some young talent on the perimeter so that 1) they can start learning the tricks of the trade from the veterans and 2) get lots of playing time in the regular season to learn the system and keep the older guys fresh for the post-season.

This team needs to get younger, not older.

Spurs Brazil
06-30-2007, 06:17 PM
Nocioni
Posey

Aggie Hoopsfan
06-30-2007, 06:19 PM
What point guards do they have? They are going to have DWest play SG I think. Who else do they have outside Rid/Watson?

They have tons or 3's and 4's and no real shooting guards.

Forwards - Rashard, Green, Wilkens, Szczerbiak, Gelabale, Durant, Wilcox, Collison

I hadn't heard of Delonte playing SG. I was thinking they now had Watson, Ridnour, and Delonte...

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-30-2007, 06:24 PM
http://www.24sec.net/images/lib/Israel/Maccabi/felix_supersonics_com.jpg

And Nocioni, Pietrus, Herrmann [though I'm pretty certain CHA would pick up the option (or match the expected deal) if they haven't already].

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 06:25 PM
http://www.24sec.net/images/lib/Israel/Maccabi/felix_supersonics_com.jpg

He is going to be on the Bucks summer team.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-30-2007, 06:26 PM
He is going to be on the Bucks summer team.

Maybe the Bucks will take Scola, Barry and Beno for Noel and the rights to Yi. :lol

In all seriousness, good luck to Noel.

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 06:26 PM
I hadn't heard of Delonte playing SG. I was thinking they now had Watson, Ridnour, and Delonte...

They have a lot of extra SF's though. I think they should just not start a center and start Rashard at SG with Durant and Wilcox or Collision upfront.

Gelabale is going to rot there.

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 06:27 PM
In all seriousness, good luck to Noel.

Weirdly, he got very little playing time with Maccabi but he has 8-9 NBA teams interested in him this summer. So hopefully he will make it somewhere this season. My phone bill doesn't want another year overseas.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Weirdly, he got very little playing time with Maccabi but he has 8-9 NBA teams interested in him this summer. So hopefully he will make it somewhere this season. My phone bill doesn't want another year overseas.

Did you try Skype or something similar?

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Did you try Skype or something similar?

We both set up some special U.S. to Israel cell phone plans to make it reasonable. So it wasn't that horrible. I'm just glad he's back in the states though. Overseas sucks for him. I'd rather he stays in the DLeague than go back.

Johnny_Blaze_47
06-30-2007, 06:37 PM
We both set up some special U.S. to Israel cell phone plans to make it reasonable. So it wasn't that horrible. I'm just glad he's back in the states though. Overseas sucks for him. I'd rather he stays in the DLeague than go back.

If he's still there, can you have him bring me back two Israeli Baseball League caps?

I want one for me and one for my Jewish, baseball-loving friend.

timvp
06-30-2007, 06:45 PM
I don't think that the Spurs will use their MLE to sign anyone. After re-signing Oberto, Bonner and Vaughn, that'll put them at or over the luxury tax threshold. Using the MLE beyond that would end up costing the Spurs about $11M.

Sign and trades make a lot more sense given the Spurs' situation. Because of that, restricted free agents should be looked at. Nocioni, Pietrus and T. Outlaw are all restricted free against and all could fit needs with this team.

As far as unrestricted free agents, the two I like most for the Spurs are James Posey and Ime Udoka. Posey for a starting salary at around $3M would be nice. However, he probably gets more.

Udoka would be an absolutely perfect Bowen replacement ... except for the fact that he's 6-foot-5. Udoka can defend, rebound a little bit, decent pass, doesn't turn the ball over and is a +40% three point shooter. He's had the same type of career that Bowen had before joining the Spurs and he's the same age that Bowen was when the Spurs signed him.

Portland has said they want him back but after they drafted like 38 players, I'm not sure they have the room. If the Spurs could get him for a couple million, he'd be a pretty decent signing. His only drawback is his height, but if he were 6-foot-7 he'd cost two or three times as much.

Another thing about Udoka is he shoots most of his shots from the corner threes just like Bowen ... and Udoka hit those shots at a 42% clip this past season.

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 06:46 PM
If he's still there, can you have him bring me back two Israeli Baseball League caps?

I want one for me and one for my Jewish, baseball-loving friend.

Sorry, he's been home for a few weeks.

Darkwaters
06-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Whats the story with Noel?

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Whats the story with Noel?

What do you mean?

Darkwaters
06-30-2007, 06:52 PM
What do you mean?

How do you know him. Why did he go to Israel instead of the NBA. etc etc... I don't know anything about him.

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 06:57 PM
How do you know him. Why did he go to Israel instead of the NBA. etc etc... I don't know anything about him.

Oh .. he's one of my best friends, we met in summer league 2004 when he was playing with the Spurs team. He was DPOY in the CBA in 05-06, finished that season with the Sonics. Then he was in Sonics training camp last year and might have made the team, but asked to be released because they couldn't guarantee him anything. So he got out and went to Israel. He thought he'd get playing time in Maccabi where he could develop. He didn't get much playing time, but he saved a lot of money, which is good because he has a baby. He's a 6'9, 245 PF, who is an extremely, extremely athletic defender and shot blocker - and in the past year or two has developed some range.

A lot of people on the forum just know of him, because I talk about him all the time.

SenorSpur
06-30-2007, 07:15 PM
I don't think that the Spurs will use their MLE to sign anyone. After re-signing Oberto, Bonner and Vaughn, that'll put them at or over the luxury tax threshold. Using the MLE beyond that would end up costing the Spurs about $11M.

Sign and trades make a lot more sense given the Spurs' situation. Because of that, restricted free agents should be looked at. Nocioni, Pietrus and T. Outlaw are all restricted free against and all could fit needs with this team.

As far as unrestricted free agents, the two I like most for the Spurs are James Posey and Ime Udoka. Posey for a starting salary at around $3M would be nice. However, he probably gets more.

Udoka would be an absolutely perfect Bowen replacement ... except for the fact that he's 6-foot-5. Udoka can defend, rebound a little bit, decent pass, doesn't turn the ball over and is a +40% three point shooter. He's had the same type of career that Bowen had before joining the Spurs and he's the same age that Bowen was when the Spurs signed him.

Portland has said they want him back but after they drafted like 38 players, I'm not sure they have the room. If the Spurs could get him for a couple million, he'd be a pretty decent signing. His only drawback is his height, but if he were 6-foot-7 he'd cost two or three times as much.

Another thing about Udoka is he shoots most of his shots from the corner threes just like Bowen ... and Udoka hit those shots at a 42% clip this past season.

Sold!

Mr.Bottomtooth
06-30-2007, 07:18 PM

That's a nice look at Udoka. I always thought that Udoka could fit in the Spurs. But you just defined how he can fit in, and you described him a lot more than I thought of him. :tu

El_Mago
06-30-2007, 07:24 PM
I've always been a fan of Udoka.

I also see him as a viable option, but not a long term Bowen replacement.

I've seen him play here (in person) when Portland came to town, and the dude never gave up and left it on the floor.

He attacks the basket too.

SenorSpur
06-30-2007, 07:26 PM

I listened to an ESPN podcast between Chad Ford and Joe Dumars, in which Joe indicated that his first offseason priority was to resign Chauncey Billups. He went onto say that his second offseason priority was to secure the continued services of Amir Johnson. That this guy was going to factor in heavily into the Pistons plans next season.

SenorSpur
06-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Gerald Wallace
Mickael Peitrus
James Posey
Jason Hart

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 07:28 PM
I listened to an ESPN podcast between Chad Ford and Joe Dumars, in which Joe indicated that his first offseason priority was to resign Chauncey Billups. He went onto say that his second offseason priority was to secure the continued services of Amir Johnson. That this guy was going to factor in heavily into the Pistons plans next season.

In the Detroit paper today it says they may not be re-signing him because of the luxury tax.

Vito Corleone
06-30-2007, 07:29 PM
My Opinion,

None, keep Oberto and bring in some of the guys we drafted.

Screw Narconi he is not a long term solution to our 3 spot.

SenorSpur
06-30-2007, 09:15 PM
In the Detroit paper today it says they may not be re-signing him because of the luxury tax.

Intersting. Good thing Ben Wallace bolted for Chicago last summer.

florige
06-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Yeah, you're right. I could've sworn I read he was opting out but he has decided to stay. Nevermind then.

He must not be too hard pressed on winning a championship anytime soon then. His window is closing quick.

Darkwaters
06-30-2007, 11:23 PM
They should be calling guys in about 35 minutes or so. I imagine reports will start trickling in tomorrow morning.

T Park
07-01-2007, 01:09 AM
There better be a goddamn report of the Spurs convincing Nocioni to sign, and when he does, convincing the Bulls to accept a sign and trade.

GET NOCIONI GODDAMNT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wildbill2u
07-01-2007, 11:57 AM
...Udoka would be an absolutely perfect Bowen replacement ... except for the fact that he's 6-foot-5. ... His only drawback is his height, but if he were 6-foot-7 he'd cost two or three times as much. ...
If Finley and Barry were younger, faster, more athletic, and defenders in the Bowen mold...

It's always those damn pettifogging qualifying adjectives that ruin a good idea about personnel.

Spurs Dynasty 21
07-01-2007, 12:14 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1026~42&teams=24~30

macdude06
07-01-2007, 12:27 PM
what about Travis Outlaw???

hes young..not bad potential..idk if hes a bad characther..but a RFA

thoughts??

YODA
07-01-2007, 01:47 PM
can someone give me some feedback on this Nocioni guy. I know little about him, just what I cant find in the box scores

timvp
07-01-2007, 06:54 PM
can someone give me some feedback on this Nocioni guy. I know little about him, just what I cant find in the box scores

Nocioni is basically the fusion of Manu and Malik Rose. He's strong, tough and will do anything it takes to win. He can hit the three, rebound and will give it his all much like Manu.

Of course he's not as good as Manu, but he has a Manu-esque will to win.

He wasn't that good his rookie season but then was very good in his second season. Last year he struggled with a plantar fasciitis but tried to battle through it.

I think he'd be a close to perfect fit as the big small forward this team has lacked in recent years.

milkyway21
07-02-2007, 01:23 AM
now that Golden State can afford KG, and they just joined the race, they are now trying to unload 2006-07 MIP Monta Ellis. Is there a chance for the Spurs to negotiate and take a look at him?

16 ppg;4 apg; 3 rpg is pretty decent stats to me:D plus he's young.

cecil collins
07-02-2007, 02:35 AM
Royal Ivey, we could probably get him for minimum, and he'd be a more athletic, bigger, better defensive Vaughn. Vaughn is a better ball handler though.

4EVERSPURSFAN
07-02-2007, 02:41 AM
What about Theo Papoulaskas?!
He seems like he could be a solid backup...very pass oriented...team first kind of guy
He has a buyout but I think he could be good..

hsxvvd
07-02-2007, 02:48 AM
PJ Brown?

Darkwaters
07-02-2007, 09:21 AM
now that Golden State can afford KG, and they just joined the race, they are now trying to unload 2006-07 MIP Monta Ellis. Is there a chance for the Spurs to negotiate and take a look at him?

16 ppg;4 apg; 3 rpg is pretty decent stats to me:D plus he's young.

Hes supposed to be a bit of a headcase and reportedly has a posse that he travels with. Even in Golden State his posse wasn't warmly welcomed which likely indicates that they weren't the most tame of groups. I think San Antonio can do without that.

cherylsteele
07-02-2007, 09:36 AM
PJ Brown?
I thought the Spurs wanted to go young??

Darkwaters
07-02-2007, 10:24 AM
I thought the Spurs wanted to go young??

PJ Brown could be a one-year band-aid while the team waits on players like Splitter and Mahinmi to come over and inject youth in the team next season. I expect they might have interest in Brown...but not beyond next season.

cherylsteele
07-02-2007, 11:56 AM
PJ Brown could be a one-year band-aid while the team waits on players like Splitter and Mahinmi to come over and inject youth in the team next season. I expect they might have interest in Brown...but not beyond next season.
A one year band-aid? If you want a ban-aid I pretty sure you can get someone younger and cheaper. Besides I heard he was thinking about retirement.