PDA

View Full Version : Pargo, Just say NO!

Brutalis
06-30-2007, 03:38 PM
Pargo played for my Hogs and was a very good college player.

But please listen to me and any Hogs fan when we tell you that he is not worth the money, time, or effort to play on a good team. He looks solid on decent to bad teams, but would compete with Beno on holding towels on the bench.

Seriously.

Pargo does not understand defense at all. He plays his own style of whatever defense is set into place and over-commits, and is too aggressive. Second, for a point guard to do this makes me sick, but he looks first passes second. Obviously it's always good to look where you're passing, but he has this problem where he stares at what he is about to do before he does it and the defense is right there when it's over with.

I can go on. But any talk about signing this dude is making me freaking shit my pants. If you like the guy fine, but take it from someone that followed his college, junior college, and bouncy NBA careers. Just like a fine bitch you realize is 16. Just say NO!!!

:madrun :madrun :madrun

T Park
06-30-2007, 03:42 PM
He can run the point, can shoot the three, plays decent defense.

I think I'd say yes.

AnkleBreaker21
06-30-2007, 03:43 PM
yah he would be a good fit

Brutalis
06-30-2007, 03:43 PM
Yeah wide open. Put a defender on him and watch.

Cut Beno and sit him on the bench, that's an upgrade I will admit. But PT? No...

T Park
06-30-2007, 03:45 PM
Well all the shots the pgs the spurs get to back up parker have open jumpers.....

Brutalis
06-30-2007, 03:47 PM
True but think about if you was in my shoes though. If you knew a player better than 99% of NBA fans cause his popularity is low and you watched him since he was 18... would you be convinced of anything else? I don't think so.

It's my gut, not any evidence or proof. It's Razorback fans period that knows he is an over-achiever.

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 03:48 PM
He's not a good passer at all and he's a horrible overall shooter (yes, I know he's a decent 3 point shooter). But overall for his NBA career, his overall FG% is sub 40%.

He's okay, but he's not a huge upgrade over JV.

Brutalis
06-30-2007, 03:50 PM
He's decent when he's wide open. That's it. He lost games for Arkansas on midrange jumpers that were 3s in college.

I will throw a fit if SA picks him up. We are too smart and have too good of scouting to make the mistake.

Leetonidas
06-30-2007, 03:50 PM
Pargo sucks ass. I wouldn't want him on our team.

Darkwaters
06-30-2007, 03:58 PM
I went to every Hornets home game this year and watched Pargo play. He had a great role for that team because they were so desperate for outside shooting. However, he usually played more of a shooting guard's role. A player like Chris Paul or Bobby Jackson was always on the floor with him to facilitate the offense unless it was garbage time.

As an individual, Jannero is one of the nicest people in the NBA. He is a great player too, in the right system. But his gunner mentality, lack of defense and forgetfulness of the "team concept" makes him a bad candidate for the Spurs.

No to Pargo

Brutalis
06-30-2007, 04:02 PM
I agree Darkwaters. Except 'great player' more like 'good player on a .500 or less team'

Darkwaters
06-30-2007, 04:16 PM
I agree Darkwaters. Except 'great player' more like 'good player on a .500 or less team'

I said "great player in the right system". He really did some great things for the Hornets last year.

Brutalis
06-30-2007, 04:17 PM
I know, especially when CP went down and they needed someone to jack up shots and not be scurred.

El_Mago
06-30-2007, 04:23 PM
I agree with Razorback Fan.

I am not big on Pargo.

I don't like my point shooting three's and eventhough some claim he can shoot the three, I assure you Pop does not like it.

Leave the three-shooting to SG's and SF's.

We need a back up point to do what Tony Parker does, but in not such a grand scale.

Bring the ball up the court, pass first, attack the basket.

Pargo is poor at all those.

Next.

Gummi
06-30-2007, 04:24 PM
I'd rather have Vaughn as our backup. Why spend more money then we need. Sign Vaughn with the vet min and we are set. Pargo isn't going to accept anything close to the vet min.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-30-2007, 05:36 PM
timvp LOOOOVES pargo

Spurs Brazil
06-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Pargo sucks

Kori Ellis
06-30-2007, 06:31 PM
timvp LOOOOVES pargo

:lol

That's because when we saw him in summer league a few years back he was a clutch mofo and caused a one-man rally for the win.

But ... it was summer league.

timvp
06-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Pargo makes sense for the Spurs because Pop always tells the backup point guards to shoot the ball more than they should. Pargo could actually hit some of those shots unlike Vaughn and Udrih.

However, with Vaughn coming back, I'd rather the Spurs go elsewhere than Pargo this summer. Even if the Spurs signed him, Pop would just revert back to Vaughn anyways. Might as well spend the money on a player that'd actually play.

timvp
06-30-2007, 06:55 PM
:lol

That's because when we saw him in summer league a few years back he was a clutch mofo and caused a one-man rally for the win.

But ... it was summer league.

I liked him going into that summer league and he's been clutch since then. He has an underrated clutchness about him that would shine through on a championship level team. He played big minutes in like one playoff game in his life (with the Bulls) and hit the game winning shot.

But with Pop's man crush on Vaughn, that championship level team won't be the Spurs.

El_Mago
06-30-2007, 07:16 PM
I remember that shot against the Bulls.

I think it was luck rather than clutch.

I can not recall any other times where Pargo has been "clutch."

Honestly, I think a player would have to do it on a couple of occasions to be clutch.

Also, I do not know if Pargo is a better shooter than Beno.

Sure, Beno has had his confidence shaken, but his jumper and form is far way better than Pargo.

Granted, it has been hard for him to get on a groove with his lack of minutes and confidence, which is primarily his fault due to shitty ass handles and decisions.

Cant_Be_Faded
06-30-2007, 08:37 PM
I was jk but I'd rather have Pargo than Beno.

MrChug
06-30-2007, 08:50 PM
I've never even been able to stand just the sound of his fuckin name...